Safelink Wireless is a government benefit provider that offers free or discounted telecommunication services through lifeline. It is one of the largest and oldest lifeline service provider that offers free unlimited text services, free 350 voice minutes, and free 4.5 GB data every month to lifeline-eligible households.
Through lifeline, safelink also offers free smartphones from reputable brands like Samsung, Motorola, and LG. Besides lifeline, safelink also offers Affordable connectivity program benefits to qualified households. Through ACP, safelink offers free unlimited talk, free unlimited text and free high-speed data every month.
Does Safelink Offer Free iPhones from the Government
Unfortunately, it’s not possible to get a free iPhone through SafeLink ACP or Lifeline. However, don’t despair because safelink offers incredible deals on iPhones. These offers allow you to get quality iPhones on credit and pay over time with zero interest. On this page, we shall take a closer look at Safelink’s free IPhone, and alternative ways of getting a free IPhone, alongside other related ideas.
Just as mentioned, safelink doesn’t offer free iPhones through government programs. However, if you want other brands of free phones, you can apply and get one through the Safelink lifeline program. If you have a total income at or below 135% of the federal poverty guideline or you participate in government assistance programs like Medicaid and SNAP, you can get free safelink phones like Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro 5.0, LG Phoenix 3 and Samsung Galaxy S4 among others.
Alternative Options To Get A Free iPhone 2023
So far, you are already aware that Safelink wireless doesn’t offer free iPhones. Are you a Safelink customer who is in need of a free IPhone? This section brings you alternative options of getting a free iPhone.
Buy an iPhone from a Safelink shop with a cheap price & Buy now, and pay overtime
Are you an iPhone fanatic but can’t afford to buy your upfront? Worry not because safelink has partnered with affirm financial company to make iPhones easily accessible. This carrier has incredible IPhone payment plans that allow you to buy an iPhone and pay over time. These deals allow you to access an iPhone for less and pay in four installments. The good news is that with Safelink iPhone deals, there is no interest rates and no APR. Through Safelink iPhone deals, you can access the following models:
- Apple IPhone 7: Apple IPhone 7 has an upfront cost of $149 from safelink stores. Luckily, you can own this model and pay over time with affirm. In partnership with Affirm, safelink has a payment plan that offers this phone for $37.25 per payment for 4 free-interest payments.
- Apple iPhone 6S Plus: Safelink iPhone payment plan also allows you to access this phone for $37.25 on every payment for 4 free-interest payments. This saves you the struggle of purchasing this phone at an upfront cost of $149.
- Apple iPhone 7: You can purchase Apple iPhone 7 for $199 or select Safelink payment plan and pay for the phone over time. Through Safelink payment plan, you will be able to access this phone for $49.75 on every payment for 4 free-interest payments.
- Apple iPhone 8: You can also buy Apple IPhone 8 through safelink payment plan and pay $49.75 per every payment for 4 interest free monthly payments. This saves you a huge upfront cost of $199
- Apple iPhone 8 plus: Buy Apple iPhone 8 plus now and pay overtime with no APR and no interest through safelink payment plan. Instead of $249, you will make a one-time payment of $62.25 for 4 payments.
- Apple iPhone XR: Enjoy the benefits of this phone for only $74.75 per payment payable within 4 payments with no incurred interest. Through safelink payment plan, you will avoid the phone’s average cost of $299.
- Apple iPhone 11: Apple IPhone 11 has an upfront cost of $399 but safelink payment plan allows you to buy it for less and pay over time. Through this payment plan, you will make a one-time payment of $99.75 for 4 payments.
- Apple iPhone 12 mini: Instead of spending $679 upfront cost to own this phone, safelink payment plan allows you to buy now and pay later with zero interest. Through this plan, you will make a one-time payment of $169.75 for 4 payments
- Apple iPhone 13 mini: You can also buy Apple iPhone 13 mini through safelink payment plan. This plan allows you to pay $194.75 per payment for 4 free-interest payments. This saves you a huge upfront cost of $779.
- Apple iPhone 13: Buy Apple IPhone 13 now and pay later through safelink payment plan. This plan allows you to pay $219.75 per payment for 4 free-interest payments. This saves you a huge upfront cost of $879.
You Can Switch To Other Providers That Offer Free iPhones
Besides the above-discussed deals, you can get a free iPhone by switching to eligible provider. You’re already aware that safelink doesn’t offer free iPhones through the government’s lifeline or ACP programs. However, there are other providers that offer these phones for free through the lifeline/ACP program.
Do you need a free government iPhone? Switch to providers like Cintex Wireless, SFone wireless, NewPhone wireless, or Airtalk wireless and enroll in their ACP program. Through these providers, you can get free iPhones like iPhone 6, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 plus, iPhone 8, and iPhone SE, among others.
However, there are requirements to meet before qualifying for a free iPhone from these providers. To qualify, you must have a total household income at or below 200% of the federal poverty guideline. You can also qualify if you participate in supplemental security income, Medicaid, supplemental nutritional assistance programs, or federal public housing assistance.
You should also have the right documentation before qualifying for a free iPhone from these providers. These are copies of your income documents, copies of your program documents, and copies of your identity and address documents. With these documents, you can now visit the above-mentioned provider’s website and apply for a free IPhone.
Getting A Free Unlock iPhone From Other Source And Enroll Safelink BYOP
Last but not least, you can get a free iPhone from carriers that offer free iPhone deals for new and existing customers, then enroll for Safelink BYOP. For instance, Verizon offers free unlocked iPhone deals when you enroll to a specific plan and add a new line. From Verizon’s free iPhone deal, you can get free iPhones like: apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 plus, iPhone SE, Apple iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 pro max, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 pro, iPhone 11 pro max, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and iPhone x.
With your free unlocked IPhone, you can now join safelink and activate your phone through BYOP. However, make sure that your phone is compatible with Safelink network. To check whether your phone is compatible with safelink, send a text of the word BYOP to 611611.
Okay, I Want To Get A Free Smartphone From Safelink
If you want a free phone from Safeink, you are lucky because Safelink offers free smartphones through the lifeline+ ACP plan. Once you qualify for safelink lifeline, you can now visit Safelink’s official website and start your free phone application. Luckily, the process of applying for a free phone from this carrier is so easy. To apply, visit, enter your ZIP code and tap START. If your area qualifies for a free phone from safelink, you will be redirected to Safelink lifeline application form. Start the application by providing your full legal name, last 4 digits of your social security number, date of birth, address, and tap CONTINUE. Provide your contact and address details, your device Infor, attach eligibility proof documents and follow on-screen instructions to complete and submit your safelink free phone application. Wait for a few days to get approval and receive your free phone subject to availability.