To start with, Gen Mobile is a subsidiary of Dish Wireless and happens to be one of the eminent service providers that operate in the United States. Currently, this carrier is a Mobile Virtual Network Operator and offers its services via the T-Mobile network towers. Unlike other carriers, this one offers budget-friendly plans and free international calls to more than 100 destinations. It also offers, free government phones as well as the Bring Your Own Phone Program. However, his carrier does not offer tablets via its ACP program. Instead, it offers other ACP benefits such as free monthly cell phone services and a smartphone. Apart from this, you stand the chance to get a discounted laptop or desktop computer. To learn more about whether Gen Mobile offers free tablet, read this article and you will be all set!
Program That Offers Gen Mobile Free Tablets
Like we have mentioned above, this carrier’s ACP facility does not offer free tablets. However, this carrier might offer free tablets via ACP in the future. As we speak, this carrier’s ACP facility allow you to get a free smartphone alongside free monthly services.
Additionally, the carrier’s ACP program allows you to receive a discounted desktop computer or a laptop, where you will be required to part with as little as $10 and not more than $50 towards the purchase of any of these devices.
On the other hand, Gen Mobile offers you a one-time discount of up to $100. With this discount in place, you will not have to break the bank in order to purchase any of the above-mentioned devices. With the free smartphone and free monthly cell phone services in place, trust that your communication costs will be kept at the bare minimum.
Benefits You Get from Gen Mobile ACP
Some of the benefits that you are likely to enjoy from Gen Mobile ACP facility include:
- Unlimited talk
- Unlimited text
- 7GB of mobile data
- Free smartphone
- Discounted desktop computer or laptop(You just need to part with as little as $10 and not more than $50 to get any of these devices)
Qualifying Guideline For Gen Mobile Free Tablets
By now, you know that Gen Mobile does not offer free tablets via its Affordable Connectivity Program. However, if it might opt to offer free tablets via this program, you will have to meet certain eligibility requirements.
First, you have to ensure that your income stands at or is below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. Supposing you fail to meet the low income criteria, trust that you can now qualify for a free tablet from this carrier in the future if you are a participant in any of the following government assistance programs:
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program(SNAP)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance(FPHA)
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children(WIC)
- You benefited from a Federal Pell Grant in the current award year
- You are a beneficiary of the Free and Reduced-Price School Breakfast Program or School Lunch Program, including at the U.S Department of Agriculture (USDA) Community Eligibility Provision schools.
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Tribal Head Start
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families(Tribal TANF)
Besides the above-mentioned eligibility requirements, you need to be 18 years and above for you to apply for this carrier’s ACP facility. Additionally, you can apply if you are an emancipated minor. Finally, you ought to reside in a state where Gen Mobile offers its ACP facility.
Documents Needed to Get Gen Mobile Free Tablets
Your identity and eligibility status need to be verified by this carrier’s team for you to enjoy the ACP benefits. To achieve this, you need to submit a copy of your personal and eligibility documents alongside the application form. When it comes to personal documents, it is imperative to ensure that they contain your name in full, date of birth, place of residence and so on. Here are the copies of the personal documents that you should submit during the application process:
- Green card or permanent resident card
- Certificate of U.S Citizenship or naturalization
- Government-issued, state, military or Tribal ID
- U.S driver’s license
- Birth certificate
- Mortgage or lease statement
- W-2 or tax return document(Recent copy)
- Utility bill
Supposing your income stands at or is below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, consider submitting any of these documents:
- Paycheck stub
- Child support award
- Divorce decree
- Veterans Administration statement of benefits
- Current income statement from your employer
- Federal or Tribal notice letter of participation in General Assistance
In case you are a beneficiary of a government assistance program, ensure that you submit any of these documents:
- Statement of benefits
- Approval letter
- Benefit verification letter
- Benefit award letter
Now Steps to Apply for Gen Mobile Free Tablets
Perhaps this carrier might start offering free or discounted tablets via its ACP facility in the future. In case this happens, here are the steps that you should follow in order to get this tablet:
- Go to your computer’s or laptop’s browser and then visit “genmobile.com”.
- Go to the Free Monthly Mobile service section and then tap on the ‘Apply Now’ button.
- You will be redirected to a different page, where you will see more details about Gen Mobile ACP facility. Click the ‘Apply Here’ button and then enter your ZIP code.
- Tap on the ‘Start’ button so that you can be redirected to the actual application page.
- Enter vital details such as your name in full, place of residence, date of birth, your SSN’s last digits, among others.
- Attach soft copies of your personal and eligibility documents to the application form.
- Confirm that all the details are correct and then click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- After submitting your application form, Gen Mobile team will review it and respond to you within a few days.
Carriers That Offer Free Tablets
Since Gen Mobile does not offer free tablets, here are the carriers that offer these tablets with as little as $10 via the ACP facility:
- AirTalk Wireless
- Easy Wireless
- Cintex Wireless
- StandUp Wireless
- NewPhone Wireless
- Qlink Wireless
- Go Technology Management
- Maxsip Telecom
Alternative Ways of Getting a Free Tablet
Apart from applying for a free tablet from any of the above-mentioned carriers, here are the alternative ways that can allow you to get a free or discounted tablet:
- Look out for a discount or a free tablet from online platforms such as the Facebook Marketplace or Craigslist
- Check if you can get a carrier that offers free tablets to those customers who switch to its network or even add a new line. Better still, look out for those service providers who offer you a free tablet once you trade in an old device.
- Work as a marketing agent for a company that sells tablets within your locality
- Participate in an online giveaway. As you do this, be careful not to be scammed.
- Consider working as a tablet reviewer. Here, you might be lucky to get a free tablet from the company that you are working for.
- Check if your nearest tablet retailer is offering any special deals during the holiday season or at the end of the year. By considering this option, you stand the chance to get a discounted tablet and thereby save more bucks.
- Consider applying for a free tablet from non-profit organizations such as; Smartriverside, Computer Technology Assistance Corps, Freecycle, Everyoneon, Accelerated Schools Programs, World Computer Exchange, Microsoft Registered Refurbished, Adaptive.Org, The On It Foundation, Computers 4 Kids, among others.