Although most people prefer using cell phones to make and receive calls, landline phones are still in use in various parts of the United States. To start with, landline phones usually have superior voice quality and better reception than a conventional cell phones. Besides this, landline phones work magic when it comes to emergency responses. As a result, landline phones have become lifesavers for seniors at home. With these advantages in mind, one might be looking for a carrier that offers cheap affordable landline phone service without internet.
Unfortunately, several carriers having stopped to offer traditional landline phone services and started paying attention to cellular wireless services. Also, most carriers that offer traditional landline phone services bundle them with TV and internet contracts. Luckily, there are exceptional carriers that still offer standalone landline phone services without internet. Spectrum, Optimum, Frontier, AT&T, and SuddenLink are among the companies that still offer cheap landline phone service without internet. If you are among the users that still find it relevant to keep a landline, we are here to help you. In our guide today, let’s discuss all the carriers that offer low cost cheap landline phone service without internet, benefits of having a landline phone and other related topics. Let’s dig in!
Know The Surprising Benefits of Keeping a Landline Phone
Since wireless cellphones are dominant, you might be wondering if it’s still relevant to have a landline. Although landline phone services are not as innovative as wireless phone services, we can’t overlook the fact that they are still so reliable in terms of communications. Below are other reasons why you still need a landline?
- Landlines are secure : Emergency situations are inevitable. Therefore, as a senior, child, person with a disability, health issues, or any other person, you need a phone that can guarantee you security in an event of emergency. As far as quick emergency responses are concerned, landline is the ideal phone. Besides quick responses to 911 calls, landline makes it easy for emergency responders to track your address and visit to rescue. Also, landline guarantees quality calls. Therefore, your emergency call will be heard perfectly with no call drops or lags.
- They are safe : You should have a landline as it is so safe to use as far as kids are concerned. When you have a landline at home, your children can use it for communication purposes only. This keeps your children safe from social media bullies or harmful online content. With a landline phone, kids will also not waste time on unnecessary content like music and video game when they are supposed to be doing something else. In addition, landline phones guarantee you safety as long as fraud is concerned. This is because they are inscribed with reliable blocking technology that ensures all unwanted calls from fraudsters are filtered.
- They are easy to use : It’s important to have a landline phone as it is so easy to use especially when it comes to seniors. These phones have audible speakers, clear and quality calls that are senior-friendly for communication. Besides, the phone features well-lit keypads, clear and large fonts that are so easy for dialing.
- They are cheap : Keeping a landline phone is one of the best ways to save money. First off, landline phones are so cheap to buy and maintain. Also, telephone service providers that offer landline services give huge discounts to landline users that have bundled landline, internet, and TV services. Therefore, without landline on the bundling services, you are likely to pay more.
- Quality signals : Landlines with copper wiring integration are less likely to experience unstable connections even in remote places. Unlike cellular phones that often experience drop calls and signal problems, landline phones don’t experience similar issues. Therefore, it is important to have a landline phone as a backup mostly in remote locations.
- Alleviate power problems : Landline phones use copper cables to transmit audio data. This makes them function without electricity. Therefore, it’s still possible to use landlines even during power interruption.
Landline phone services are telephone services that are connected through data cables in the office or at a person’s home. Landlines are so easy to use and assure the best network signals. Although wireless cellular services are dominating, there still exist several landline phone service providers that offer cheap landline services without internet in various locations. There are some companies that offer landlines as standalone services without necessarily bundling with other packages. Therefore, the most reliable way to get cheap landline phone services without internet is to confirm which carriers provide services in your area. Below is a list of the ten best cheap landline phone services that you should confirm whether they have services in your area.
10 Best Provider That Offer Cheap Landline Phone Service Without Internet
To be honest, it is difficult to find a carrier that offers cheap landline service without internet. This is because most carriers now offer the landline service as an add-on option to their various internet and TV plans. Thankfully, we have compiled a number of service providers who can offer cheap landline services to you without internet. Some of these service providers include:
To start with, this carrier offers 2 cheap landline phone plans without internet. These include:
- The Basic home plan that goes for $23.34 per month. Once you choose this plan, you will be at liberty to make unlimited local calls.
- The unlimited home plan that allows you to make both long-distance and unlimited local calls. Unlike the Basic home plan, this one comes with additional features such as call, waiting ID, caller ID,3-wat calling, call forwarding, call rejection, anonymous call rejection, call return, voice mail, busy redial, speed call and so much more. For more information, you can visit “centurylink.com/phone”
2. Community Phone
The above-mentioned carrier is one of the best carriers that offer reliable wireless landline services in the US. Once you choose its landline phone services, you will not be tied to a contract and will also enjoy unlimited nationwide calling for as little as $29.00 per month. Besides this, you will enjoy a reliable network so that you can remain connected with those whom you love.
Unlike other conventional carriers, this one allows you to keep your existing landline phone and phone number. This is because their landline base works with nearly any landline phone. Therefore, customers can still keep their existing phone number and still enjoy the much-needed landline phone services from this carrier.
If you go for this option, you will only be paying the monthly phone bill as usual. Thankfully, there are no hidden fees or no surprise fees that might hurt your budget in the long run. Additionally, the carrier gives you a backup battery that allows your phone to remain on even during power outages.
As a result, you will still remain connected all the time. In case, you have issues with the carrier’s landline phone services, feel free to contact the customer support team any time of the day. If you want to enjoy the landline services of this carrier, consider contacting the landline specialists at (866) 524-3802. For more information, visit “communityphone.org/landline”
3. Cox Communications
Apart from the above-mentioned 2 carriers, you can now enjoy cheap landline phone service without internet from Cox Communication. Here, the standalone phone services goes for $20 per month. It is imperative to note that this carrier has just a single standalone home plan, which is Voice preferred plan.
This plan comes with incredible features such as:
- automatic blocking of robocalls
- Crystal-clear HD calling
- Ability to answer home phone calls from any location with Simultaneous Ring.
- Allows you to make unlimited calls to your friends and family living in Mexico, U.S, and Canada.
- Ability to adjust or even change your plan
- Unlimited calling to Canada, United States, and Mexico.
- 30-day money guarantee in case this plan does not please you.
To learn more about this carrier’s landline services, visit “cox.com/residential/phone.html”
The above-mentioned carrier is another provider of cheap landline phone services without internet. Here, is a breakdown of the various plans offered by this service provider:
- Spectrum voice package costs $29.99 per month. By choosing this plan, you will be able to make unlimited long-distance calls to individuals living in Mexico, United States, and Mexico. You will also enjoy other features such as caller ID, 3-way calling, forward calls, and call waiting with caller ID, block calls and so forth.
- Spectrum voice international plan goes for $34.99 per month. Once you subscribe to this plan, you will enjoy all the features of the Spectrum voice packages. Additionally, you will enjoy making unlimited calls to 70 countries.
- Direct dial international plan. Unlike the previous plans, the rates here might vary. Typically, this is a post-paid long distance dialing service where users are charged according to the number of minutes one has used.
5. Verizon FiOS
If you are looking for a cheap landline phone service without internet, be sure that you cannot go wrong by choosing Verizon FiOS. Here, Verizon FiOS Digital Voice (landline) plan costs $29.99 per month. Some of the plans offered by this carrier include;
- International World plan 500. By choosing this plan, you will be able to enjoy 500 minutes of talk per month. Here you will be able to make direct-dialed calls to 120 states and destinations. However, the number of countries where you will be free to make calls to mobile phones are just 98.
- Domestic Unlimited plan. Unlike other plans, this one allows you to enjoy one discounted fixed rate for unlimited regional, local and long-distance calls in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico.
- International World Plan 300. As the name suggests, this plan allows you to enjoy up to 300 minutes on a monthly basis. Here, you will be able to make direct-dialed calls to 120 countries. However, if you choose to make calls on cell phones, be sure that you will be able to do so in 98 countries.
- Domestic per-minute plan. If you would like to make periodic calls from home, this plan is the best solution for you. By choosing this plan, you will be able to make calls to friends and family residing in Canada, United States and Puerto Rico.
It is important to note that Verizon home plans come with a myriad of features that can mesmerize you. These include:
- Calendar synchronization
- Enhanced call forwarding
- Caller ID
- Locate Me option
Since these plans are either paired with TV or internet, you will be able to save more bucks in the long run. For more information, you can visit “verizon.com/home/phone”
6. Xfinity by Comcast
For as little as $34.95 per month, you will be able to enjoy Xfinity’s voice local plan and be connected while using your landline phone. Unlike other carriers, this carrier offers only standalone landline plan, commonly known as the Xfinity Voice Unlimited plan.
If you subscribe to this plan, you will be able to enjoy incredible features such as;
- Crystal-clear connection
- Allows you to make international calls to countries such as Mexico, China, South Korea, Canada, Puerto Rico, India, Singapore, Hong Kong, among others.
- 3-way calling
- No contracts
To learn more about the landline services offered by this carrier, feel free to visit “xfinity.com/learn/home-phone-services”
Apart from the 6 service providers mentioned above, you can now get cheap landline phone service without internet from Optimum. With as little as $39.99, you will be able to enjoy the Optimum Landline phone plan.
However, other plans come with internet and thus, might require you to dig deeper into your pocket. Thankfully, the Optimum Landline phone plan does not tie you to any contract. This gives you the flexibility to opt-out inexpensively as you will not have to pay any termination fees. To get finer details about the landline phone services of this carrier, visit “optimum.com”
If you are operating on a budget and would like to enjoy quality landline phone services, consider choosing Frontier today. Here, landline phone plans can go as low as $10 per month. By choosing this plan, you will enjoy incredible features such as:
- Unlimited calling nationwide and to countries such as Canada and Mexico
- Allows you to enjoy more than 20 calling features.
To learn more about this carrier, consider visiting “frontier.com/digital-phone”
First and foremost, the above-mentioned carrier allows you to choose the best home phone service that suits your budget and needs. As long as you reside in any of the following states, you will be able to enjoy its landline phone services:
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
Some of the plans you can choose from this carrier include:
- Traditional home plan that goes for as little as $39 or less per month, inclusive of fees and taxes. Once you subscribe to this plan, you will enjoy great features such as a reliable connection, unlimited local calling, and primary residential phone number, optional long-distance calling, among others.
- Long distance with call for pricing. This plan comes with features such as unlimited calling plan, per-minute calling plan, and international plan and so on.
- Complete choice enhanced plan that costs $53 per month. This is inclusive of fees and taxes of the carrier. By choosing this plan, you will enjoy awesome features such as caller ID, speed dialing, primary residential phone number, optional unlimited long-distance calling and up to 12 popular calling features.
To get the finer details about these plans, visit “att.com/home-phone/landline”
10. Sudden link
Whether you need internet or not, sudden link allows you to enjoy affordable landline phone services. However, the only plan that does not come with internet services is the sudden link phone plan with unlimited phone service. By choosing this plan, brace yourself to part with $39.99 per month.
Since the prices charged here are quite competitive, be sure that you save more bucks. Also, you will not be tied to any contacts once you choose that plan for your landline phone. This further helps you to save more money. For more details, consider visiting “suddenlink.com”
List of Cheap Landline Phone Handset
- AT&T BL102-4 DECT 6.0 4-Handset Cordless Phone
- VTECH VS112-3 DECT 6.0 Bluetooth 3 Handset Cordless Phone
- VTech CS6719-2 2-Handset Expandable Cordless Phone
- Panasonic KX-TGC222S DECT 6.0 2-Handset Landline Telephone
- AT&T CL82207 DECT 6.0 2-Handset Cordless Phone
Features To Look Before Getting Landline Phone Service From A Provider
When opting for landline phone service from a provider, you should consider what features you are likely to get. Below are key features that you should expect from a landline phone service.
- Local calls: When selecting a landline phone service provider, checkout whether they offer landline deals with local calls. This is the ability to make landline calls within your country. Also, ensure local call packages from your service provider are fair and affordable.
- Free minutes: It’s crucial to also ensure that your service provider provides free call minutes as part of their landline phone plans. This ensures that you will incur zero cost when making calls for a certain amount of time within a month.
- Caller ID: Ensuring your landline phone service has a caller ID feature is another great decision. Getting a plan with caller ID enables you to identify who is calling and from what location according to his or her registration with the service provider. This feature also helps you to identify and avoid all unwanted incoming calls.
- Conference calls: This is another important feature that you wouldn’t want to miss in your selected lifeline plan. Choosing a plan with this feature makes it possible to call more than two people at the same time. Although this feature comes with an extra cost, it’s worth the cost especially when you want to make a business or family call.
- Voice mail: Selecting a landline package with a voice mail feature is also important. Although it will cost you an extra coin, this feature is important as far as missing a call is concerned. When you are not close to the phone, this feature helps to record a message in the voice of a caller and save it for you to listen to later.
- Call returns: Call returns is another important feature to consider when selecting your landline phone service. This feature helps you to identify a caller and automatically redial its number on your line
- Call blocking: A call blocking feature allows you to add unwanted contact to the block list to prevent it from calling you. This protects you from scammers and nuisance calls.
- Call forwarding: Selecting a landline phone service with call forwarding feature assures you that you will never miss any urgent or important call. In the event, that you are away, busy, offline, or unavailable, call forwarding feature redirects all your urgent incoming calls to a long-distance or local forwarding number that will notify you that you missed an important call.
- Anonymous caller rejection: Some users, especially scammers and fraudsters usually hide their caller ID to avoid being recognized. The anonymous caller rejection feature therefore automatically rejects any caller whose ID has been hidden. This protects you from malicious calls or spam callers that intend to steal from you.
- International calls: Selecting a landline phone service with international call feature is also important. This feature ensures that you can make calls outside the country at an affordable rate.
- Speed dialing: Speed dialing helps to instantly call a colleague, family, or friend even when you don’t remember their numbers.
- Busy redial: Considering a busy redial feature on your landline phone service helps you to automatically redial a number up to 30 minutes later after you receive a busy signal. In addition, the feature alerts you when the line is free again to call.
- Do not disturb: This feature is important as it controls when you can receive a call. The sole purpose of this feature is to prevent nuisance or unwanted disturbances.
Read More: Texting From a Landline Phone, Step By Step Guideline
Best Cheap Landline Phone Plans
Are you looking for affordable landline phone plans in your home? Look no further. Here are the best cheap landline phone plans that you should consider.
- AT&T landline phone plan: To ensure everyone remains connected, AT&T offers a cheap traditional home phone plan that goes for 39$ or less per month. The plan features unlimited local calling, reliable connection and long distance calling as an option.
- Armstrong landline phone plan: Armstrong also offers the best but cheap landline phone plan starting from as low as $29.99 per month with short and long distance call options. Their calls are clear and quality with no drop calls.
Pros And Cons For Using A Landline Phone
For quite some time, people have been ditching landline phones for cellular phones. However, a large number of users are still holding on to their landlines. Let’s discuss the pros vs cons of landlines to understand why some are dumping while others are still holding on to their landlines:
|Quality sound that makes it ideal for professional calls||They are scarce and limited in availability|
|Cost friendly when bundled with other services||Expensive to acquire|
|Easy and simple to use||They do not contain additional special features|
|So convenient for making and receiving calls||Conduits for spams|
|Ideal for seniors and children|
Does Ooma Offer Cheap Landline Phone Service Without Internet?
Ooma provides cheap or free landline phone service to many homeowners. However, their home phone service is connected to the internet. Therefore, Ooma offers cheap landline phone service with internet. The good news is that you will still enjoy other great features from their landline services. These are features like voice mail, call waiting, call blocking, and caller ID.
Are There Any Free Landline Phone Service For Seniors?
Yes. The government works with certain service providers to offer free or cheap landline phone services for seniors. Through lifeline program, you can get free landline phone service for seniors from companies like SafeLink, assurance wireless, and AT&T. However, you must be a qualifying senior to get these benefits. To qualify, you must come from a low-income family that has a cumulative household income of less than 135% of the federal poverty level. Also, you can qualify if you participate in federal assistance programs like SNAP or Medicaid. Once you qualify, you can apply for free or discounted landline phone service for seniors from your service provider.
Can I Make International Calls With A Landline?
Yes. Several landline service providers offer international call plans that allow you to make long-distance calls outside your country. However, remember to always use the correct international calling format when making an outside-country call from landline. The right calling format requires an international dialing prefix, your country code, area code followed by your local number. Remember that the dialing prefix depends on the country that you are calling to. Therefore, you need to know the correct recipient’s country code before making an international call with a landline.
Do Landlines Have Long Distance Charges?
Yes. Phone companies do charge for long-distance calls. In fact, most long-distance calls are always charged higher than local calls. However, several service providers have general plans that feature all calls whether local or international. For instance, the ATT landline phone plan of $39 per month includes both unlimited local calling and optional long-distance calls.