Cricket Wireless is a top-rated wireless service provider in the US that offers several types of services to millions of subscribers. Having offered services since 1999, cricket wireless is so experienced when it comes to offering incredible services to its clients. Among the best services offered by cricket wireless, there is affordable plans, free phones, wide coverage network, and friendly customer care services.
Besides these benefits, cricket wireless also participates in Affordable Connectivity Program to offer a free month of service to eligible users. From Cricket Wireless ACP program, eligible consumers are given up to $30 monthly discount on their broadband services. Once you apply this discount to an eligible data plan from cricket wireless, you will be able to enjoy the offers under that plan for free. This will therefore give you access to cricket wireless free month of service. However, note that there are requirements to meet before getting cricket free month of service. To qualify, you must come from a low-income household. Alternatively, you can qualify if you participate in any federal assistance program. If you want to enjoy Cricket Wireless’s free month of service, this article will take you to step by step on how to go about it.
Cricket Wireless Free Month Of Service Plan
If you qualify for Cricket Wireless ACP program, you will get a discount of $30 to apply to your monthly internet service bill. When you apply the $30 monthly discount to any cricket plan with data that has a monthly cost of $30 and below, you will be able to get a free month of service from this company. For instance, when you apply your ACP discount on Cricket Wireless 5GB plan that goes for $30 per month, you will enjoy that plan for free every month. With this plan, you will be able to enjoy high-speed access to data, unlimited talk, and text and picture messages. Besides, you will be able to access fast and national-wide coverage, WIFI calling, and HD voice with compatible devices.
If you are a qualifying consumer on tribal land, you will also be able to enjoy several plans for free. This is because qualifying customers on tribal land get a monthly discount of up to $75 per month. When you apply your $75 monthly discount to cricket wireless data plans, you will access several plans for free. For instance:
1. $60 per month plan
When you apply your tribal land ACP discount on this plan, you can get a free cricket month of service. You will enjoy these free services from this plan: unlimited talk, text and picture messages, unlimited high-speed data, WIFI calling, HD voice, 150GB cloud storage, 15 GB mobile hotspot, and so on.
2. $55 per month plan
This is another plan that you will get for free after applying your tribal land ACP discount to it. With this plan, you will be able to enjoy the following monthly services for free from cricket wireless: unlimited text, talk, picture messages, unlimited high-speed data, and SD quality video streaming.
3. $40 per month plan
With ACP tribal land discounts, you can also get cricket free month of service with this plan. The plan offers 10GB of high-speed data, unlimited text, talk, picture messages, Wi-Fi, and HD voice calling.
Note that you are required to choose only one of these plans per household.
Cricket Wireless Free Month Of Service Eligibility
To get cricket free month of service, you must qualify for the ACP program. Below are ways to qualify for these free services.
1. If you are below the poverty guideline
If you or your household live below the federal poverty guideline, you qualify to get cricket free month of service. According to the cricket wireless ACP requirements, you should have a total income that is below 200% of the federal poverty guideline.
2. If you receive benefits from Medicaid
This government assistance program helps qualify federal consumers to access free or discounted healthy food products. If you qualify to receive help from this program, you are considered eligible for cricket wireless free month of service.
3. If you participate in Supplemental Security Income
This is another federal assistance program that gives financial assistance to the poor or lowly paid individuals, disabled, blind or elderly that are above 65 years. If you benefit from this program, you are also considered eligible for cricket wireless free month of service.
4. If you participate in Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
If you participate in this federal assistance program, you are also considered eligible for cricket wireless free month of service. The program was initiated to offer nutritional benefits with the objective of lowering the food budget for the poor.
5. If you are a member of the Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance program.
This tribal land assistance program offers financial assistance, clothing, food, and housing assistance to low Indian American families. If you benefit from this program, count yourself eligible for cricket wireless free month of service.
6. If you are a disabled
If you are disabled, you are considered eligible for ACP, according to the federal communications commission. Therefore, you might also qualify for cricket wireless free months of service through ACP as a disabled consumer.
7. If you are given a federal Pell grant
Suppose you are a needy student in your bachelor’s undergraduate program who has received a federal Pell grant in the current award year. In that case, you are also considered eligible for cricket wireless free month of service through ACP.
8. If you participate in other government assistance programs like:
- Food Distribution Programs on Indian Reservations(FDPIR)
- Tribally Administered Temporary Assistance for the Needy Families
- Tribal Head Start
- National School lunch programs
- Veterans Survivor Pension fund
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (Section 8)
Documents Needed To Get Cricket Wireless Free Month Of Service
To get cricket wireless free month of service, you should send an application through the FCC page. While submitting your application, you are asked to attach documents to prove eligibility. Also, you will be required to attach personal documents to verify your identity. Below are examples of documents needed to get a free month of service for cricket wireless.
- Permanent residential card
- Certificate of naturalization
- Permanent resident alien card
- Social security card
- Driver’s license
- Unemployment statement of benefits
- Social security statement of benefits
- Recent federal, state, or tribal tax return
- Medicaid membership card
- Federal Pell grant cover letter
- SSI approval letter
- Tribal head start cover letter
Applying Guideline For Cricket Wireless Free Month Of Service
To apply for cricket wireless free month of service, you should first apply for ACP through the national verifier. To apply:
- Visit Affordable Connectivity Program’s official page “affordableconnectivity.gov” and tap on “ apply now”
- You will be redirected to the lifeline national verifier application page “nv.fcc.gov/lifeline/?id=nv_flow&ebbp=true”
- Apply the form by providing your correct personal documents like name, address, date of birth, and social security number.
- Attach eligibility documents above and submit the form.
- Wait for the national verifier to scrutinize your page to determine whether you qualify or not.
- Get approval from the national verifier.
- Visit cricket ACP enrollment page “cricketwireless.com/affordable-connectivity-program/form.html”
- Apply for Cricket Wireless ACP discount and get approved.
- Cricket Wireless will apply your ACP monthly benefit to the following month’s service, and start enjoying cricket wireless free month of service.
Frequently Ask Questions
Can I be Disqualify For Cricket Wireless Free Month Of Service Last?
Yes. As a customer, you might be disqualified from cricket wireless free month of service if:
- You don’t meet at least one of the ACP eligibility rules
- If there is another member of your household that already receive ACP benefits regardless of the provider
If your name on the national verifier application form mismatches with the name used to register a cricket account.
Does Cricket Wireless have a discount for low-income?
Cricket Wireless offers discounts for low-income individuals through the federal Lifeline program. The Lifeline program is a government assistance program offering a monthly phone or internet service discount to eligible low-income households. To qualify for the Lifeline or ACP discount, you must meet certain income or program eligibility requirements, such as participating in Medicaid, SNAP, or other government assistance programs. You can check your eligibility and apply for the Lifeline program through Cricket Wireless or the Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC) website.