Verizon Wireless is one of the eminent service providers. Unlike other carriers, this one boasts of offering a wide array of cell phone plans that will suit your budget. From prepaid phone plans to smart watch plans, there is a myriad of plans that you can enjoy from this carrier. Additionally, it has a good network across the country. Therefore, you will be able to enjoy the reliable 5G network from the comfort of your home. Apart from this, the carrier allows you to enjoy tons of hotspot data so that everyone close to you can remain connected.
With all these benefits at hand, you might want to switch to this carrier and get started on its network. Thankfully, you are free to do so and enjoy these benefits on the go. In case you are planning to join this carrier’s network, chances are that you are wondering if Verizon will pay off your phone once you make a switch. This is because you might have to either pay any pending balance or the early termination fee. The good news is that Verizon can now pay off your old phone once you switch its network. In this article, I’ll take a closer look at how Verizon can help pay off your phone upon switching, and other related ideas.
Benefits of Switching To Verizon
Once you choose Verizon to be your preferred carrier, be sure that you will reap an array of benefits. Some of these benefits include:
- Unlike other carriers, this one allows you to enjoy 5G network nationwide. With this network, you will enjoy fast internet speeds and thus be able to work online, learn online, remain connected with your loved ones, access emergency healthcare services, get entertained and so much more.
- The carrier boasts of having different sets of plans. From family plans to unlimited plans, there are many plans offered by this carrier. Additionally, these plans come at different prices. Depending on your needs and budget, you will not miss a plan that will please you. All you need to do is to visit this carrier’s official website and learn more about these plans.
- Verizon now allows you to get paid for switching to its network. Here, you stand to enjoy up to $650 as an incentive for moving to this carrier network. With this incentive, you will be able to cater for the pending balance on your previous carrier’s account. Moreover, the carrier allows you to get $350 to cater for the early termination fees incurred in case you had a contract with your old carrier.
- The carrier now allows you to bring your own device to its network. As long as your device is unlocked and is compatible with this carrier, be certain that you will be good to go. In addition, the carrier allows you to port your existing number. This means that you will not have to lose contacts that were on your previous SIM card. All you need to do is to contact this carrier’s customer support team and ask them to help you transfer your number to their network.
- In case you want to upgrade your device, you will not fail to find a decent smartphone from this carrier. From the latest iPhone models to the newest Android devices, be certain that you will not miss a model that will suit your needs. Some of the best upgrades you can get from this carrier include: Google Pixel 6a, Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3 5G, Apple iPhone 14, Apple iPhone 14 Plus, among others.
- When it comes to customer support services, this carrier does not disappoint. Whether you are having a service-related or phone-related issue, worry not as you can now address it on the go. Here, you have the luxury of utilizing this carrier’s live chat or contacting them on the phone. In case you want to contact this carrier on phone, feel free to dial 1-800-837-4966 and then address your issue right away.
Verizon Pay-to-Switch incentives
Unlike other carriers, Verizon boasts of providing a plethora of pay-to-switch promotion offers throughout the year. These offers range from $500 to $700. However, most users tend to enjoy the $650 offer once they switch to Verizon. Additionally, this carrier offers you $350 on top if you are on a contract with your previous carrier.
With the $350 offer in place, you will be able to pay any early termination costs that you had incurred earlier on. Other times, the carrier pays up to $1000 once you switch to its network. However, this offer is only available during certain times of the year. For instance, when Black Friday is around the corner, chances of getting this offer are very high.
Additionally, this carrier offers special promotions once it releases new phones. If you happen to switch to its network during this period, you stand the chance to get a better offer. A good example is when this carrier released its latest iPhone model. Those who switched to its network were able to enjoy up to $750 as a pay-to-switch promotion offer.
Therefore, it does not hurt to keep an eye on such promotions as they will not only allow you to get a decent device but also more cash to cater for pending bills, early termination fees and so forth.
If you want to claim the promotion offer, here are the steps that can help you get started:
- First and foremost, visit this carrier’s official website
- Once you visit Verizon’s website, you will come across a number of smartphones with monthly payments. Choose one of them and proceed to the next step.
- Choose the ‘Trade in old device’ option on your screen.
- Key in the number you intend to transfer to Verizon.
- In 5 days, you will be able to receive a box where you put the old device.
- If you want to claim the promotion offer, ensure that your phone bill from your previous carrier. Additionally, ensure that you have the promo code and the email with the order confirmation.
- In case you have pending bills with your previous carrier, this carrier will offer you up to $650 to clear it and also $350 to clear the early termination fee incurred.
Verizon Will Pay if You Switching to Verizon
If you switch to Verizon, be sure it will pay off your phone. However, the amount that will be paid by this carrier will depend on the offers and specific promotions Verizon is providing at that particular time.
If you have been charged an early termination fee by your previous carrier, be sure that this carrier will pay for it. However, it can only pay up to $350. However, this amount will vary depending on the period of the year. For instance, on the eve of Black Friday, this carrier can offer mouth-watering deals such as the one mentioned above.
When it comes to the offers this carrier providers, you must be ready to trade in your old phone and then buy a new one on Verizon’s unlimited plan. This offer is lucrative for anyone who have always wanted to join Verizon network. Here, you will not only get a new model from this carrier, but also get some money back for any early termination fees incurred.
1. Verizon Pay if You Switch From Sprint
Yes. Once you switch to Verizon from Sprint, be certain that you will get paid up to $650 by this carrier. As far as this offer is concerned, it is imperative to note that you will get it in form of a prepaid card.
With this card in place, you will be able to cater for the early termination costs incurred as well as the cost of purchasing your current contract. Since this offer has a limited timeline, there is a need for you to consider it as soon as possible.
2. Verizon Pay if You Switch From T-Mobile
Yes. If you still have outstanding balances on your T-Mobile account, worry not as this carrier can help you clear these bills right away. Here, Verizon will pay off your phone up to $650 when you switch. Moreover, this carrier will offer you $350 in form of a prepaid card for you to clear the early termination fees incurred and so forth. This makes it lucrative for you to switch from T-Mobile to Verizon Wireless.
3. Verizon Pay if You Switch From AT&T
Yes. Just like T-Mobile and Sprint, this carrier will pay you once you switch from AT&T to its network. Here, you will have the luxury to get an offer of up to $650 if you trade in your old device and then purchase a new one from this carrier. Once you purchase a new model from Verizon, you must subscribe to a device payment plan and you will be good to go.
As far as the $650 offer is concerned, it is important to note that you will get it in form of a prepaid card. Once you get this prepaid card, you can now go ahead and clear all the pending balances you had on your AT&T account.
Additionally, this carrier will offer you an additional $350 as reimbursement for the early termination fees incurred during the switching process. With all these offers at hand, time is ripe for you to switch from AT&T to Verizon.
Frequently Ask Questions
Is it Possible For Me to Switch To Verizon if I Still Owe Money on My Phone?
Yes. Like we have discussed above, this carrier allows you to switch to its network even if you have pending bills on your previous carrier’s account. Typically, this carrier will cater for the balance accrued up to a certain amount.
For instance, you can get up to $650 to cater for the balances and an additional $350 to cater for the termination fees incurred. Unlike other carriers, this one is can negotiate with your previous service provider on the outstanding balance and have it reduced by a certain percentage. This goes long way in enabling you to save more bucks in the long run.
How Can I Know The Balance Owed to My Previous Carrier?
If you want to know the balance owed to your old carrier, feel free to contact its customer support team and make enquiries from that end. Moreover, you can log in to your account and then check your account’s dashboard. Either way, you will know your current balance and thereby take appropriate steps.
How Can I Deal With Early Termination Fees? How Can I Avoid Anyway
It is no secret that early termination fees can be a nightmare for many customers. However, you are bound to incur them once you switch to another carrier before your previous contract is over. If you want to avoid such fees, you have to wait for the contract period to be over so that you can make a switch. Better still, choose a carrier that offers a pay-to-switch promotion offer or an incentive for all those customers who join its network. A good example is Verizon.
Like we mentioned above, Verizon will offer about $350 to cater for early termination fees. Also, this carrier can negotiate with your previous carrier so that your outstanding balance can be reduced significantly. Finally, it allows you to get up to $650 anytime you switch to its network. You can now use these funds to cater for the pending balances, any termination fee left, alongside other expenses.
Besides the above-mentioned option, be certain that your termination fee might be waived in case you are moving to a country where the old carrier hardly offer services there. Here, the service provider might not charge you a dime anytime you choose to switch to a different carrier.
What Happens If I Fail To Settle My Phone Bill With The Old Carrier?
In case you have been trying to alternate carriers, chances of forgetting to settle your phone bill with your previous carrier are very high. If you are a victim of such circumstances, be certain that your previous carrier will try to reach out to you first. Typically, they will do so in an attempt to remind you to clear your account’s pending balance.
In case you fail to clear the bill within the stipulated period, the carrier will not have any other alternative other than to send your phone bill to a debt collector. The collection agency will then oblige you to clear the pending balance as soon as possible.
If the pending balance remains un-cleared for 2 consecutive years, it might be waived for you. However, there are agencies that still demand payment even after the lapse of the 2 years. In case you make a single payment on such a phone bill, be certain that the statute of limitation will be reset, thereby reviving the debt back. During such circumstances, you might be forced to clear your debt within the shortest time possible.
Can I Keep My Number If I Switch To Verizon?
Yes. The good news is that you can now keep your number once you switch to Verizon. However, you must first transfer your number to this carrier’s network before you end your contract with your old service provider. Remember that if you end the contract before transferring your number to this carrier’s network, chances of losing your number to the old carrier are very high.
If you want to port your number, contact this carrier’s customer support team and let them know that you want to port your existing number. Here, you will be required to submit vital details such as:
- Your phone number
- The details of your device
- Your area code
- Other billing-related information.
Once you submit these details, Verizon will then contact your old carrier and then carry out the transfer process on your behalf. As this process goes on, it is imperative that you keep or maintain your current contract with the old carrier. Like we mentioned cancelling it might make you lose your phone number. Once your number has been transferred to Verizon’s network, you can now go ahead and terminate the contract with your old carrier. Once you terminate your contract with the old service provider, brace yourself to pay pending bills, early termination fees and so forth. Luckily, Verizon can cater for some of these expenses, thereby allowing you to save more bucks in the long run.
Can I Transfer My Number Even If I Owe Money To My Old Service Provider?
Yes, you are free to port your number even if you have an outstanding balance with your previous service provider. However, once you port your number, you might be asked to pay the pending balances and the early termination fee. If you choose a carrier such as Verizon Wireless to be your preferred service, be certain that these fees will be well catered for. Better still, you can ask the old carrier to waive those fees for you.