To start with, Spectrum Mobile is one of the newly launched Mobile Virtual Network Operators in the United States. This is because the carrier was founded on June 3rd 2018, by Charter Communications. As we speak, the carrier relies on the Verizon Wireless network in order to offer their cell phone services to residents of the United States. Unlike other carriers, this one offers budget-friendly cell phone plans. Therefore, you will not have to break the bank in order to subscribe to any one of them. Besides this, it boasts of having high-quality mobile phones and accessories.
When it comes to network coverage, Spectrum Mobile does not disappoint as it allows you to enjoy nationwide coverage, thanks to Verizon network. In case you want to use your current mobile phone, the carrier allows you to do as long your device is unlocked and compatible with it. Finally, the carrier has a good customer service team. Therefore, you are at liberty to reach out to them anytime you have a device or a service-related issue. To enjoy all these benefits, you might opt to bring your phone instead of getting a new one from this carrier. In this article, we shall take a closer look at the compatible phones that you can use with Spectrum Mobile, alongside other related ideas.
Type Of Phones That Work With Spectrum Mobile
By now, you are aware that this carrier allows you to use your own device on its network, thanks to its Bring Your Own Device program. However, one question that might linger in your mind is the kind of device that can work with this carrier’s network. When it comes to the devices that you can bring to this network, it is imperative to note that not all device can work with this carrier.
Here, your preferred device has to be unlocked and be compatible with this carrier’s network and services. Besides this, your device has to run on the current operating system software. Therefore, if you have not updated your current phone’s operating system software, there is a need for you to update it first and then bring your device to this carrier.
Now Steps to Check Spectrum Mobile Compatibility
The process of checking whether your device is compatible with this carrier is not difficult per se. To start with, you should visit “mobile.spectrum.com/byod-eligibility-check” and then choose the manufacturer of your device and then enter your phone’s IMEI.
To Identify the IMEI of your device, you can dial *#06# on your phone and a 15-digit unique number will pop up on your screen. You can also check this number at the back of your device or on the package that came with the device.
Once you have this 15-digit unique number, enter it and then prove that you are not a robot by clicking on the ‘I’m not a robot’ prompt that you will see on your screen. Once you are done, tap on the ‘Continue’ button, and you will be good to go. Thankfully, the system will let you know whether your phone is eligible or compatible with this carrier within a few seconds.
List of Spectrum Mobile Compatible Phones 2023
As we speak, this carrier now allows you to bring along models from reputable manufacturers such as Samsung, Apple, LG, Google and many others. In the subsequent sections, we shall outline these models depending on their operating system. This is because the carrier allows you to bring an array of devices to its network. If your own any of the following devices, be sure that you can now bring to this carrier and then get started:
Spectrum Mobile Compatible iPhones
When it comes to iPhone models, here are the phones that can work well with this carrier:
- Apple iPhone 12
- Apple iPhone 12 Pro
- Apple iPhone 12 Mini
- Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max
- Apple iPhone SE
- Apple iPhone 11
- Apple iPhone XR
Spectrum Mobile Compatible Android Phones
Here are some of the Android models that are compatible with this carrier:
- Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
- Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G
- Samsung Galaxy S21+ 5G
- Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G UW
- Samsung Galaxy A02s
- Samsung Galaxy Note20 5G
- Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G
- Motorola Moto E
- Samsung Galaxy A42 5G
- Samsung Galaxy A32 5G
- Samsung Galaxy A12
- LG K51
- LG Stylo 6
- Motorola Moto G Play
Spectrum Mobile Compatible Flip Phones
Currently, there are no flip models that are compatible with this carrier. However, if you have one, consider checking your model’s compatibility by visiting “mobile.spectrum.com/byod-eligibility-check” and then choose its manufacturer first. Thereafter, key in its IMEI number and then tap on the ‘Continue’ button.
Cheap Spectrum Mobile Compatible Phones
Some of the budget-friendly models that are compatible with this carrier include:
- Samsung Galaxy S7 Refurbished
- Samsung Galaxy A10e Refurbished
- Samsung Galaxy A11 Refurbished
- Apple iPhone 7 Refurbished
- Apple iPhone 6S Refurbished
- Samsung Galaxy A20 Refurbished
- Samsung Galaxy A12 Refurbished
- Samsung Galaxy S9 Refurbished
- Samsung Galaxy S7 edge Refurbished
- Apple iPhone 8 Refurbished
- Samsung Galaxy S8+ Refurbished
- Apple iPhone 6S Plus Refurbished
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus Refurbished
- Samsung Galaxy A51 Refurbished
- Samsung Galaxy A42 Refurbished
- Samsung Galaxy A32 Refurbished
- Samsung Galaxy A50 Refurbished
Other cheaper models that can work well with this carrier include:
- Samsung Galaxy A13 5G
- Motorola G Stylus 5G
- Samsung Galaxy A03s
- Moto G Stylus 5G(2022)
- Moto G Pure
- Moto G 5G (2022)
Spectrum Mobile Activation Guideline and Time Duration to Activate
Ideally, the activation process only take about 5 minutes and you will be good to. Here are the steps that you should follow:
- First and foremost, ensure that your handset is switched off and then insert a SIM card.
- Power it on and then visit “mobile.spectrum.com/support/article/360000173467/spectrum-mobile-activation”
- Once you are on this site, sign in using your username and password that you used to create the Spectrum’s online account. Ideally, you should enter the right details so that you can be able to access your account.
- After logging in to your account, you will be able to see the Spectrum Mobile device that you would like to activate. Typically, your device will appear on the activation board. Here, you will have the liberty to choose to either get a new phone number or keep your phone number.
- Choose any of these options and then choose the ‘Ready to Activate’ option. Thereafter, follow the steps that you will see on your screen so as to activate your new device.
- If you follow all the steps, the ‘Activation Complete’ message will pop up on your screen. This is a clear indication that your mobile phone is actually ready for setup. In fact, you will be able to see a confirmation email once your device has been activated successfully.
- Once everything is done, switch on your device and then connect to the Wi-Fi network.
- Ensure that you follow all the prompts that you will see on your phone’s screen, and you will be good to go.
In case you encounter a few challenges during the activation process, consider contacting the customer representative of this carrier. However, before you reach out to the customer care team, ensure that you are receiving an optimal signal in your locality.
This is because a low signal can interfere with the overall activation process. Better still, you can check whether your phone’s airplane mode is switched on or not. If everything is right, consider restarting your device and establish if you will be able to activate your phone again.
Reasons You May Choose Spectrum Mobile Compatible Phones
By choosing Spectrum Mobile compatible phones, you will be able to enjoy a number of benefits. These include:
- You will not have to purchase a new model from this carrier. This is because your current model will be compatible with this carrier. Consequently, you will be able to save more bucks in the long run.
- If you have a Spectrum Mobile compatible device, you will be able to enjoy this carrier’s 5G network. This means that you will be able to stream online contents in HD quality, work online, learn online, access emergency healthcare services.
- Depending on your monthly budget, you will be able to enjoy affordable cell phone plans. The good news is that you will be at liberty to choose between By the Gig plan, unlimited plus and the Unlimited Plus plan. If you are not a heavy data user, you can choose the By the Gig plan. However, if you are a heavy data user, you can go for the Unlimited Plus plan. Thankfully, all these plans come with unlimited text and talk.
- You will be able to save more on mobile data once you are in area with a Spectrum Mobile hotspot. However, if you have subscribed to either the Unlimited plans or the Unlimited Plus plan, be sure that the mobile hotspot speeds will reduce to 600 Kbps once you exhaust the 5GB of mobile hotspot data.
- You will also be able to enjoy a great customer service anytime you have an issue with this carrier. Fortunately, you can always reach out to this carrier’s customer support team by dialing (833) 224-6603 or visit any of their stores near you.
Spectrum Mobile Compatible Plans
To start with, all Spectrum Mobile plans usually come with no contracts. In addition, you will not incur extra taxes or fees. Besides this, all subscribers are bound to enjoy 5G network access, depending on where they live. When it comes to Spectrum Mobile compatible plans, here are some of the options to choose from:
1. By the Data plan
The above-mentioned Spectrum Mobile plan goes for $14 per GB. Ideally, this is the best plan that offers value for money in case you normally rely on Wi-Fi network and utilize less than 3GB of mobile data on a monthly basis. With this plan at hand, you will be at liberty to share your data with up to 10 lines.
Besides this, you will manage to add extra data where you will incur $14 per an extra GB you utilize. Finally, it allows you to save more data using Spectrum’s Wi-Fi hotspot and also monitor how you are using your data on a daily basis.
2. Unlimited data plan
This plan goes for $45 per line per month. Once you choose this plan, you will enjoy unlimited text, talk and mobile data. When it comes to unlimited mobile data, be sure that you will enjoy 20GB of premium data. However, once you reach the data cap, the internet speeds usually reduce per line.
Thankfully, the plan does not come with a contract and as a result, you will be free to alternate it with the Unlimited Plus any moment you please. Additionally, you will not incur extra fees to utilize your phone as a mobile hotspot. However, the internet speeds that one can enjoy while using mobile hotspots will reduce to 600kbps once you exceed your 5GB monthly data cap.
3. Unlimited Plus Data Plan
The above-mentioned Spectrum Mobile plan comes with the same benefits as those of the Unlimited Data plan. Besides this, the plan comes with a 30GB of premium data and also allows you to stream videos in HD quality.
To enjoy any of these plans, you have to first get Spectrum internet and then choose your device. Here, you can choose whether your device is from Spectrum Mobile or is a model that is compatible with this carrier. Thereafter, customize your plan and then get started.
Frequently Ask Questions
Does Spectrum Mobile Offer Free Phones?
Not really. Instead, this carrier now sells its cell phones at a budget-friendly price. Therefore, you will not have to break the bank for you to afford a decent model. In fact, it allows you pay for these devices in pocket-friendly installments.
Besides this, you will get a high quality cell phone from one of the reputable brands out there. To put this into perspective, you will get the best models from brands such as Motorola, Samsung, LG and so much more.
Can I Replace Spectrum Mobile Phones If Lost Or Damaged?
Yes. However, you must ensure that you have enrolled in the Spectrum Mobile Protection plan. The good news is that this plan covers risks such as theft, loss, accidental damage, among others. Since it extends beyond the warranty of your phone’s manufacturer, be sure that you will enjoy more convenience in case you are a victim of the above-mentioned circumstances.
Does Spectrum Mobile Do Free Upgrades?
Yes. However, this is only possible for those customers who have enrolled in the Spectrum Mobile Protection Plan. In case you are not enrolled in this plan and you want to upgrade your current model, brace yourself to part with $45 if your device is not paid in full.
Who Is The Carrier For Spectrum Mobile?
Since this carrier is a Mobile Virtual Network Operator, it relies on the Verizon Wireless cell phone towers in order to offer its services. The good news is that Verizon Wireless has the strongest network in the United States. As a result, all Spectrum Mobile customers can now enjoy 4G LTE and 5G network depending on where they live in the country.
Does Spectrum Mobile Offer Senior Discounts?
At the moment, this carrier does not have a particular cellular discount or plan for senior citizens. Thankfully, this carrier offers affordable plans that will not hurt the budget of your senior citizen. With as little as $29.99 per month, be sure that you will get the best cellular plans from this carrier.
Can I Keep My Number If I Switch To Spectrum Mobile?
Yes. As we speak, it is possible for you to switch to this carrier and keep your phone number. This is because this carrier accepts phone numbers from other carriers in the United States. However, it is important that you avoid canceling your service with your current carrier until your number has been transferred to Spectrum Mobile.