Getting an IPhone 11, iPhone 11 pro and iPhone 11 pro max is a dream come true for many users. These phones are inscribed with amazing features that will leave you fully satisfied. Although these phones are extremely quality, their battery life inevitably degrades after sometime. In fact, it’s a sad truth that all phone rechargeable batteries are made to become less efficient over time and iPhone 11 battery is not exceptional. As you continue using your iPhone 11, pro and pro max, you will gradually notice that it holds charge for less. This means that your Phone’s battery is getting unhealthy and should be replaced immediately. This is because a damaged battery might cause further damage to your phone incurring more losses. After all, replacing your iPhone’s 11, pro, and pro max battery is way cheaper than replacing the entire phone.
When it comes to replacing your iPhone’s battery, many users want to know how much it would cost them. Fortunately, Apple has amazing deals on their phone battery replacement. These affordable offers are meant to dissuade customers from replacing their phone batteries in unauthorized places. When it comes to the overall cost of replacing your iPhone 11 battery, it’s important to mention that the replacement cost depends on your place of service. If you replace your phone’s battery from the Apple store, it might cost you roughly $69 for the service. However, more cost may be incurred especially when there is any further damages that impair your battery replacement. If you replace your iPhone 11, pro and pro max from other service providers, it might cost you slightly higher or below $69. Our guide today has discussed more on how much it costs to replace your iPhone 11, pro and pro max. Walk with us to the end for better understanding.
iPhone Battery Replacements Guide
IPhone battery replacement is not free. iPhone comes with a certain warranty period from the manufacturer. This warranty assures free replacement of phones upon damage. However, IPhone warranties do not cover damaged batteries or batteries that wear out from normal use. In this case, you are required to pay a certain amount to get your IPhone battery replaced. It’s prudent to mention that your battery replacement cost depends on the model of your IPhone and place of service among other factors.
If we take Apple store for instance, the cost of replacing an older model (iPhone,6,7,8, and X) of iPhone can cost approximately $40, while newer models like IPhone 11, pro, and pro max have an estimated replacement cost of $69.
If you have the AppleCare+ coverage, the case is different. This is because no additional fee is required to replace your IPhone battery. To get a free IPhone battery replacement with AppleCare+, your phone must have a battery capacity that is above 80% of its original capacity.
Replacing the iPhone 11 battery is worth it
Replacing your iPhone 11 battery is definitely worth it. In fact, this act greatly outweighs the cost of replacing the phone itself. If you are covered by AppleCare+, you will even be privileged to replace your IPhone 11 battery for free.
Perhaps you aren’t covered by AppleCare? Replacing your battery is still worth it. This is because the cost of replacing your IPhone 11 through Apple stores or other service providers is way low compared to the cost of purchasing another phone.
Replacing your IPhone 11 battery is also worth it because it saves you from the headache of charging your phone now and then. Replacing your IPhone 11 battery also gives you much-needed flexibility. You can travel and explore without having to worry about your battery drainage. In addition, replacing your phone’s battery helps you to charge your phone faster and eliminate unexpected shutdowns. Last but not least, replacing your IPhone 11 battery is of great help to people that live in places with inconsistent power supply.
Next, Check if your iPhone 11 battery needs to be replaced
If you have had your IPhone 11 battery for a couple of years, chances are that its battery has started to wear out. However, it’s sometimes hectic for phone users to tell if their phone battery is healthy or not. The good news is that Apple notifies you through settings when your phone’s battery health has degraded and needs a replacement. Following these steps will help you detect whether your IPhone 11 battery is unhealthy and need a replacement.
- Step 1: Open your Apple phone settings then proceed to battery.
- Step 2: Under battery, tap on battery health
- Step 3: Once you open battery health, you will see an indication of your IPhone’s battery ‘maximum capacity. Note that this is normally a measure of your phone’s current battery capacity relative to when it was new. If your phone is older, you will detect a lower maximum battery capacity.
- Step 4: Slightly below your phone’s maximum capacity, you will see ‘peak performance capacity’. If your IPhone’s battery is healthy and running well, there is a message slightly under ‘peak performance capacity’ that indicates “your battery is currently supporting peak performance”. This brings you to a conclusion that your IPhone battery is healthy and doesn’t need a replacement.
- Step 5: If your IPhone battery is unhealthy or has experiences unexpected shutdown due to unhealthy battery, the message under ‘peak performance capacity’ will indicate “this IPhone has experienced shutdown because the battery was unable to deliver the necessary peak power”
- Step 5: After this statement, you will come across “disable”. If you select the disable option, you will stop your IPhones performance from the possibilities of being throttled.
- Step 6: Slightly below “disable” you will see an additional warning. The warning states that “your battery’s health is significantly degraded. An apple authorized service provider can replace the battery to restore full performance and capacity”
- Step 7: After this warning, you can click the link that follows and get more guidance on how to replace your IPhone 11 battery with Apple.
Besides this technique, you can also use the following tips to tell whether your iPhone needs a replacement:
- You will know that your IPhone 11 battery needs a replacement when your phone becomes sluggish and less effective
- You will know that your IPhone 11 battery needs a replacement when your phone starts shutting down unexpectedly forcing you to carry a charger anywhere.
- You will know your IPhone 11 battery need a replacement when your phone starts overheating.
How Much Does It Cost To Put A Replace New Battery In An iPhone 11, Pro, And Pro Max
Have you noticed that your IPhone 11 battery is unhealthy through the procedure above and need to replace it? Below is a highlight of possible places to replace your IPhone 11 and their respective charges.
AppleCare+ is a repair coverage over your Apple device that gives you one year of free repairs and up to 90 days of complimentary technical support. This coverage comes with ‘theft’ package for $149 annually, ‘screen or back glass damage’ package for $29 and ‘other accidental damage’ package for $99 annually. Note that ‘other accidental damage’ package includes your battery damages. Therefore, once you make an annual payment of $99, you will replace your damaged battery under AppleCare+ coverage for free.
Note that when you are not under AppleCare+ Coverage, replacing your battery from apple stores is not free. This is because Apple iPhone warranty does not cover unhealthy phone batteries. In this case, you might be required to pay $69 to replace newer models of iPhone batteries. IPhone 11, pro and pro max falls under newer models of iPhone that cost $69 to replace their batteries.
2. Best Buy – Geek Squad®
Besides AppleCare+, it’s also possible to replace your iPhone 11 at Best Buy. just as apple stores, best buy is also a trustworthy place to replace your IPhone 11 battery. To replace your IPhone 11 battery from best buy, you will be charged $69. However, you are expected to incur more once labor cost is included. In this case, you will end up spending $74.69. Note that the same cost is incurred when you replace your IPhone 11 pro and IPhone 11 pro max from best buy.
Swappa is also a trustworthy and authorized store to replace your IPhone battery. However, the cost of replacing your iPhone 11 battery from swappa is relatively higher compared to other stores described above. For instance, to replace your IPhone 11 battery from Swappa, you will be charged $86. To replace your iPhone 11 pro and iPhone 11 pro max, you will be charged $111 and $104, respectively.
Read More: Free Government iPhone 11? – How To Apply
Before Replacing The iPhone Battery – Do the Following
Replacing your IPhone battery subjects your data at risk. As a result, it’s important to back up your data before your commence with the replacement process. Although replacing your IPhone 11 battery does not reset your IPhone, there is a likelihood of losing some of your data during your battery replacement process. Therefore, backing up your data is crucial because you can recover it anytime.
As far as backing up your IPhone data is concerned, Apple has made it so easy with their phones. In fact, there are more than one ways of backing up your IPhone 11, pro and pro max. These are the ways:
1. Back up with iCloud
Use of iCloud is the most effective way of backing up your IPhone data. However, you will have to connect your IPhone to WIFI network before backing up its data with ICloud. Once you are connected, follow the following instructions:
- Open you phone’s ‘Settings’ icon
- Under setting, tap the ‘iCloud’ option
- Select the option ‘iCloud Backup’
- Finally, select the ‘Back up now’ option.
2. Back up with a mac device
Use of a mac device is another effective way of backing up your IPhone data. To back up your IPhone 11 data using a mac device, follow the following instructions:
- Open a Finder Window
- Though the use of a USB cable, link your iPhone to the Mac device
- After connecting your IPhone to the Mac device, follow the on-screen instructions that appears on the screen.
- In the Finder window of your computer, select your IPhone
- To ensure all your data is backed up, select encrypt local backup
- Tap on the option, ‘Back Up Now’
- Check the last backup date to make sure that your back up process is complete.
3. Back up with a PC
This is another effective way of backing up your IPhone. Here is the process:
- In your PC, install iTunes and launch it
- Connect your PC to your IPhone using USB cable and follow all the instructions given on the screen.
- In iTunes, select your iPhone
- Select ‘Encrypt local backup’ to back up all the data in your iPhone
- Finally, select ‘Back Up Now’ option, check the last backup timing and finalize the process by unplugging your iPhone
Frequently Ask Questions
How long does the iPhone 11 battery last?
Before we answer this question, it’s important to mention that the duration at which an iPhone 11 battery last depends on how you utilize your gadget. Your battery capacity is another factor that determines how long your iPhone 11 battery will last. If you use your phone several hours a day, its battery is not likely to last for long. However, with minimal usage, your iPhone battery will last for more than a day. To be precise, your iPhone 11 battery is likely to last for 1.6 days on a single charge cycle. When it comes to iPhone 11 pro max, its battery is likely to last for 2.6 days on a single charge cycle.
How do I check the health of my iPhone battery?
If you want to check the health of your IPhone battery, you are lucky because Apple has made the process so easy for you. To check your IPhone battery’s health, open your phone’s settings then open battery. After that, tap on the option battery health.
Can I replace my iPhone battery myself?
It’s very possible to replace your IPhone battery by yourself. However, this is not recommendable because replacing an IPhone battery requires some skills. To avoid further damage to your device, it’s advisable to seek help from a technician when replacing your IPhone battery.
How much does it cost for iPhone Screen Replacement or repair cost?
The cost of replacing an IPhone screen or your IPhone screen repair cost depends on your place of replacement. For instance, replacing your IPhone screen from apple stores through AppleCare+ is free. However, you will have to pay an annual coverage fee of $29 to repair your IPhone screen through AppleCare+.