T-Mobile is a great, unmatched telecommunication company in the USA that provides wireless services to its consumers. It is also a lifeline service provider that is committed to providing wireless services to everyone regardless of their financial status. In short, it helps to bridge the digital divide by providing free or discounted plans to low-income consumers.
In addition, the company is a reliable and committed EBB service provider. Since everyone deserves internet access, Metro by T-Mobile also agreed to continue participating in the new ACP (Affordable connectivity program) to help everyone remain connected to the world. However, you have to qualify for this program. This guide will help you know how to get a T-Mobile affordable connectivity program and other ideas around it.
T-Mobile Affordable Connectivity Program(ACP)
When the pandemic hit us, the whole world was shaken. The economic sector was greatly affected as the cost of living elevated. This hindered millions of Americans from accessing internet services. As a result, T-Mobile enrolled in EBB to help lower the cost of internet connection to low-income customers. Months later, the federal communications commission announced that EBB program will be transitioned to ACP. Luckily, as from 31st Dec 2021, T-Mobile announced to continue participating in the newly initiated Affordable connectivity program so that eligible customers can be able to stay connected.
To understand better, ACP (affordable connectivity program) Is an American government program that was initiated to offer discounts on broadband services so that low-income consumers can access internet as ease. These benefits are channeled to qualified households through participating service providers like T-Mobile. However, each provider offers distinct benefits through the program. For instance, T-Mobile offers benefits like free smartphones, free unlimited data, calls, text among others. Clearly, the intent of T-Mobile ACP participation is to increase adoption of broadband internet access to customers.
However, to enjoy these benefits, you must be from a low-income household or be a participant in any federal assistance program. Note that these benefits are non-transferable with one discount limited to one account. Therefore, it’s true to say that T-Mobile does the ACP program as eligible households expect to get further information about the program and its benefits.
Benefits Of Qualifying For The T-Mobile ACP Program
You are already aware that T-Mobile is a proud participant of the newly initiated ACP program. The intention of this program is to offer payment assistance on internet services to eligible individuals. The program offers a number of benefits to eligible households getting free or discounted plans. These plans are:
1. Free monthly plan with ACP
This is a completely free plan for ACP eligible households that is valued at $30 per month. With the plan, eligible households get unlimited talk, unlimited text, 5G network access and 5GB high speed data.
2. A $30 monthly plan with ACP
Initially, this plan goes for $60 per month but goes for $30 under ACP. Therefore, you are able to get a $30 discount as an ACP eligible consumer. Under this plan, you get unlimited text, unlimited talk, unlimited high-speed data and 5G network access. Besides, you get 15G hotspot data, Amazon prime subscription and 100GB Google one cloud storage
3. A $20 monthly plan with ACP
Valued at $50 per month, this plan goes for only $20 with ACP. With the plan, eligible households get an opportunity to enjoy unlimited text, unlimited talk. 5G network access, unlimited high-speed data, 100GB Google on Cloud Storage and 5GB hotspot data.
4. $10 monthly plan with ACP
Valued at $40 per month, this plan offers 5G network access, 10GB high speed data, unlimited talk and texts to eligible households/ individuals. However, these rates, coverage, services and features are subject to change.
5. Other benefits
Besides the above-mentioned plans, you also get a chance to get free scam block and free caller ID with scam shield.
Qualifying Guideline For T-mobile ACP Program
As stated, T-Mobile ACP program is restricted to low-income consumers. While applying for this program, there is a stage that requires the national verifier to confirm your eligibility. As a result, you should be aware of T-Mobile ACP qualification rules before applying for this program. These rules are:
1. Income rules
Although ACP is limited to low-income households, not all low incomers qualify to benefit from it. To be more precise, the program limits households with a total income that is equal to or below 200% of the federal poverty guideline. Its important to note that these guidelines vary per state and number of people in your family. Therefore, you should confirm your state’s poverty guidelines before applying for the program.
2. Federal assistance program rules
Under this eligibility rule, you should qualify for T-Mobile ACP on the condition that you are a verified beneficiary of any federal assistance program. Some of these programs are:
- Supplemental security income
- Supplemental nutrition assistance program
- Federal public housing assistance
- Low-income home energy assistance program
- Special supplemental nutrition program for women, infants and children.
3. Tribal assistance program rules
These are government programs that are normally initiated to benefit-eligible households on tribal lands. These programs are:
- Tribal head start
- Bureau of Indian affairs general assistance
- Food distribution program on Indian reservations
- Tribally administered temporary assistance for the needy families.
4. Federal Pell grant
You are qualified to receive ACP benefits under T-Mobile if you received a federal Pell grant during your current academic year. This is a federal award given to eligible undergraduate students for free.
5. School lunch and breakfast program rule.
Alternatively, you qualify to enjoy T-Mobile ACP benefits if you have been approved to receive benefits under the reduced or free school lunch program or the school lunch program. If you also meet the qualification criteria of any existing low-income program, you qualify to get these benefits.
Documents Required When Apply For T-Mobile ACP
When applying for T-Mobile ACP benefits, you are required to attach eligibility proof. These are copies of documents to show evidence to the national verifier that you indeed qualify for this program. Samples of these documents are:
1. Personal documents
Due to increased crimes and virtual theft cases, it’s important to confirm your identity during the application. This is through attaching documents with your name, contact, date of birth and your social security number. Documents in hold of these details are;
- Government-issued ID
- Birth certificate
- Driving license
2. Income documents
This is where you should attach documents with proof that your income is below 200% of the poverty guideline. Some of these documents are;
- Your federal, state or tribal tax return
- Social security statement of benefits
- Workers’ compensation statement of benefits
3. Program documents
Here, you should attach documents to prove that you are verified to participate and receive help from any federal or tribal assistance program. These are documents like:
- Medicaid membership card
- SSI cover letter
- Federal Pell grant letter
- Tribal head start cover letter
Applying Guideline For T-Mobile Affordable Connectivity
To apply for T-Mobile affordable connectivity program, there are series of events to follow. Below is our detailed guide:
- Confirm qualification: To apply for this program, you should check to confirm qualification and get you documents ready. If you qualify through income limit, get copies of income documents. If you qualify through program participation, get copies of program approval letters.
- Visit T-Mobile website: Once you confirm eligibility, you can now apply for ACP with T-Mobile. To do this, visit “metrobyt-mobile.com/affordable-connectivity-program” and scroll down the page apply for ACP. Here, click “apply now”
- Apply for ACP: Once you tap on “apply now”, you will be directed to affordable connectivity program. Here, fill an application form by entering your name, identity verification, home address and click “next”.
- Prove eligibility: This stage requires you to attach documents with proof that you qualify for the program. Avoid attaching forged documents as they might land you to trouble. Also, ensure your documents are valid and correct or else the national verifier will disqualify your application. After, preview the application and submit.
- Get approved: After submission, the national verifier will approve or reject your application. Either approved or disapproved, T-Mobile will notify you. Once approved proceed to join Metro by T-Mobile
- Enroll and confirm: At this step, you should visit My Account on Metro by T-Mobile, use the ID number that was provided by the national verifier to create T-Mobile ACP account. Login to your account and follow the instructions provided to get T-Mobile ACP benefits. Once approved to receive T-Mobile ACP discounts, you will receive an SMS from Metro by T-Mobile confirming that your enrollment is successful. After, you ACP benefits will be applied to your account within 1 to 2 billing cycles.
How Do I Check Status T-mobile Affordable Connectivity Program?
Once confirmed to receive T-Mobile ACP benefits, you will get a notification from T-Mobile through an SMS. If confirmation alert delays, you can check your application status through visiting T-Mobile contact center, make a call on 1-877-313-4536 or locate and visit a T-Mobile local store near you. Alternatively, you can visit “t-mobile/order-status”, enter your order number, last name, Billing Zip code and tap on “check status”
Are There Any Limitations Of The T-mobile ACP Program?
T-Mobile ACP program has a number of limitations. To begin with, the program is limited to low-income consumers that has a cumulative income below 200% of the poverty guideline.
T-Mobile ACP benefits are also limited to an eligible member of a household and can’t be transferred among family members. Besides, only one service discount is allowed per month per household.
In addition, T-Mobile ACP benefits are limited to $30 per month on qualifying rate plans services and up to $75/MO on eligible tribal lands.
Can I Get A T-mobile Free Tablet With ACP Program?
As of now, T-Mobile does not offer free tablet with ACP program. Instead, the company offers up to $30 discount on monthly broadband services. However, since T-Mobile ACP is a newly initiated program, eligible households might get further information on the program’s expected benefits.
Is ACP The Same As EBB?
ACP and EBB are not the same. ACP and EBB are two different programs that were initiated to offer discount on broadband services. Although they are both federal government programs that assist low-income households, they are different in a number of ways.
First of all, EBB was initiated in 12th May of 2021 and ended in December, 31st 2021. After, it was replaced with ACP which continued to offer EBB benefits start of January 2022.
The programs are also different on their offered benefits. While EBB provided up to $50 discounts on broadband services, ACP provides up to $30 discounts to eligible federal households. However, discounts on eligible tribal lands remain $75 on both programs.
Lastly, the two programs differ on income limit. To benefit from EBB, total household income limit is 135% of the poverty guideline while ACP income limit is 200% of the federal poverty guideline.
Are EBB, ACP, And Lifeline The Same?
EBB, ACP and lifeline are three different programs that work under different terms and conditions. Lifeline is a federal commission communication program that offers free or cheap wireless services to eligible applicants. The program operates on permanent basis and offers services like free unlimited data, text and calls.
On the contrary, EBB and ACP are FCC temporary programs that offer discounts on monthly broadband services and connectivity devices like tablets, laptops, and computers.
Is The Affordable Connectivity Program Permanent?
ACP is a new, long-term program that was initiated by Congress to replace the former EBB program. The program was initiated to allow EBB eligible households to continue receiving their benefits from 1st December 2021 with a 60-day transition period. As of now, it’s not certain whether ACP is a permanent or temporary program. However, FCC termed ACP as a long-term program.