Have you just received your Spectrum Mobile and SIM? Activating them should be the next thing on your bucket list. However, before you get started, there you need to ensure that you check your Activation dashboard and establish whether there is any pending service agreement that you need to sign and so on. Once you have signed the service agreement, you can now go ahead and activate your device. Better still, if there is no service agreement that needs to be signed, go ahead and activate both your Spectrum mobile and SIM.
More importantly, follow all the instructions outlined in the Quick Start Guide and you will be good to go. Once you activate your Spectrum Mobile and SIM, you will be able to enjoy several offers from this carrier. From enjoying good network coverage to affordable cell phone plans, there is an avalanche of great offers that you can enjoy from Spectrum Mobile once you join their network. In this article, we shall outline how you can activate your Spectrum Mobile and SIM, alongside other related ideas.
Bring Your Own Mobile/Device To Spectrum Mobile
Unlike other carriers, Spectrum Mobile allows you to bring your own device. As long as your device is unlocked from your current carrier, be sure that you can now use it on this carrier’s network.
In addition, your device needs to be paid in full, and ensure that you have backed up your device so that you do not lose any essential data during the transfer process. Finally, your device needs to have the latest software so that everything can be seamless. To establish whether your device is compatible with this carrier or not, feel free to visit “spectrum.com/mobile/byod-eligibility-check”
Things To Consider Before Considering Spectrum Mobile
Before you consider Spectrum Mobile, there is an array of considerations that you should make. These include:
- Ensure that you create a private account online. By creating this account, you will be able to have an easy time activating your Spectrum mobile services as you will be able to view your bill online, adjust it, and so forth. All you need to do is to log in to your Spectrum account and then check the finer details about your mobile phone usage on the go.
- This carrier is not available for everyone. If you want to qualify for a mobile deal, you must ensure that you have Spectrum internet service. In addition, you should meet all the necessary credit requirements and sign up for autopay. If all these requirements are met, be sure that you can now go ahead and add up to 5 lines to your Spectrum Mobile account.
- This carrier is a Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO). It has actually partnered with Verizon in order to offer its customers much-needed unlimited access to its 4G LTE and 5G network. Besides the 4G LTE and 5G network, this carrier allows its customers to connect to the various Spectrum Wi-Fi hotspots spread across the United States.
- Expect to find 3 data plans from this carrier. These include Unlimited, By the Gig and Unlimited Plus. By the Gig plan goes for $14 per GB per month. On the other hand, the Unlimited plan costs $45 per line per month, while its counterpart goes for $55 per line per month. More importantly, these lines come with unlimited text and talk.
- The carrier allows you to bring your own device, as long as it is compatible and is unlocked.
- Spectrum Mobile plans allows you to stream videos on your mobile device. Here, you will be able to stream high quality videos on your device anytime you please. If you do not want to use your mobile data for this undertaking, you are free to connect to Wi-Fi hotspot and be good to go.
- When it comes to customer service, this carrier does not disappoint as it allows you to either reach them on phone by dialing (833) 224-6603 or visit your nearest Spectrum Mobile In-store and seek help from that end.
First, Creation an Account with Spectrum Mobile
The process of creating a Spectrum account is not difficult per se. Here are the steps that you should follow:
- Go to your phone’s browser and then visit “id.spectrum.net”
- Once you are on that site, you will see two options, which include ‘Contact info’ and ‘Account info’.
- In the ‘Contact Info’ section, you have the freedom to choose whether you want to key in your email address or phone number.
- On the other hand, the ‘Account Info’ option section needs you to provide your security code and account number. Thankfully, you can find the security code on your billing statement. Better still, you can find it from your order confirmation text or email message.
- If you want to have an easy time, consider choosing the ‘Contact Info’ option.
- Thereafter, tick the Captcha so as to identify that you are indeed a human being creating a Spectrum Mobile account.
- Follow all the other steps that are needed to complete the entire sign-up process.
- After creating your Spectrum Mobile account online, note down the login credentials somewhere for future reference.
Upon finishing the account creation process, you will receive an email confirmation. Ensure that you check the dashboard in order to establish whether there is a pending service procedure or agreement that you need to complete. After signing the agreements, you can now go ahead and then activate your Spectrum Mobile device and SIM.
Spectrum Mobile Activation Guide
After creating an online Spectrum Mobile account, the next step is to activate your Spectrum Mobile and SIM. Here are the steps that can help you get started:
- First and foremost, switch off your device if at all it is on.
- After that, insert the Spectrum Mobile SIM card.
- Using another computer or laptop, visit “spectrummobile.com/activate”
- Once you are on that site, you will be able needed to key in your login details that you used to create your Spectrum Mobile account online.
- Once you are logged in, choose the device that you intend to activate.
- Here, you will have two options to choose from. These include whether to activate your device with an existing number or a new one altogether. Choose the one that suits your needs and proceed with the next step.
- In case you choose to activate your device with an existing number, you will be needed to provide login details from your carrier.
- Follow all the prompts that you will find on your screen so that you can set up your device successfully.
- If you choose ‘Activate with an existing number’ option, be sure that this process might take a while before it is fully complete. However, the latter option might take a shorter time to be completed.
- Once the activation process is over, you will be able to receive a confirmation email to your email address.
- Switch on your Spectrum Mobile device and then connect it with Wi-Fi network so that you can set it up.
- Follow any prompts that you will find on your phone’s screen and your Spectrum Mobile device and SIM will be activated successfully.
Activate Apple Watch with Spectrum
When it comes to Apple Watch activation, there are two methods that can help you get started. First and foremost, you can buy it via Spectrum Mobile. Better still, you can pair it with your own device. Either way, you will be able to activate your Apple Watch successfully. Here are the steps that you ought to follow:
- Reset your Watch first and then remove your previous cellular plan
- Ensure that your Apple Watch and iPhone device are both updated with the latest iOS. They should also have the current carrier’s bundled version. If these features are missing, you might have to update the first.
- Once your iPhone and Apple Watch are updated, go ahead and pair them.
- Here, you have to ensure that they are both switched on and then let them be close to each other.
- Once these device are in close proximity with each other, the following message will pop up on your screen ‘Use your iPhone to set up this Apple Watch’. Choose ‘Continue’ option and then click on the ‘Set up for Myself’ option.
- Thereafter, hold your iPhone device over the Apple Watch. Ideally, you should hold it in a way that the mobile device will fit the viewfinder of your Apple Watch.
- Choose ‘Set Up Cellular’ and then tap on the ‘Continue’ option.
- Key in your Spectrum’s username and password
- Click on the ‘Sign In’ option.
- Accept the terms and conditions that you will see on your screen and proceed with the next step.
- Key in your Emergency Address Information and then tap on the ‘Save and Continue’ option.
- Tap on the ‘Yes’ button and you will be good to go.
Activate Spectrum Mobile Cable Box
If you have a large family and would like your kids to play mobile games simultaneously, chances are that you might have to compromise your internet usage for their sake. Thankfully, you do not have to undergo such inconveniences as long as you have the Spectrum Mobile Cable Box.
It is imperative to note that this cable box comes with a Spectrum Mobile Internet Data Card that allows you to enjoy a high-speed wireless connection, regardless of your location. However, you need to activate it so that you can start enjoying these benefits. Here are the steps that can help you get started:
- To start with, go to spectrum.net/self-install from your smartphone or laptop and then follow the prompts that you will see on your screen.
- Once you are done, you will be able to see a ‘Welcome screen’ on your TV. Before the on-screen guide shows up all your channel information, it might take about 20 minutes or thereabout. Thankfully, you can still change the channels and start watching TV as the on-screen guide loads.
It is imperative to note that you can install Spectrum Mobile on your own. Besides this, you can opt to order it either from your nearest in-store or online. By choosing either of these options, you will have the luxury to select a Self-Install kit.
Thereafter, you will be required to follow all the necessary steps to install the new internet. In case, you need any assistance with the Self-Install process, consider visiting the web page at Spectrum.net. More importantly, you will be required to have the following components when activating your brand new Spectrum mobile cable box:
- A Charter TV plan
- A router
- Charter Internet
- Roku device
Frequently Ask Questions
What network does spectrum Mobile use?
As we mentioned earlier, Spectrum Mobile is an MVNO. Therefore, it does not have its own cellular network. Instead, the carrier relies on Verizon Wireless cell phone towers in order to offer its cell phone services. Thankfully, Verizon network is one of the strongest networks in the US.
How long does spectrum mobile activation take?
Ideally, the process should take a few minutes. More importantly, ensure that you follow all the necessary instructions as illustrated above so that the whole process can be seamless.
What is Spectrum Mobile APN Settings?
Simply put, these are the Access Point Name Settings that you need to configure your device with so that you can be able to access to Spectrum Mobile’s internet. As far as these settings are concerned, it is important to note that they vary depending on your device’s operating system. Therefore, those of Android will always look different from those of iOS devices.
Does Spectrum Mobile have an activation fee?
Yes. Anytime you add an extra line of service, brace yourself for a $10 activation fee per device.
Are Spectrum mobile phones locked?
Yes. If you want to use Spectrum Mobile phones with another carrier, you must first unlock it first and then be able to use it on your preferred carrier’s network. Here, you must first pay it off in full. Besides this, you need to ensure that your Spectrum Mobile account has been active for the last 60 days and has good standing. Ideally, it should not have any outstanding payments.
Can I keep Spectrum Mobile without internet?
Yes. You are at liberty to keep your current Spectrum Mobile plan if at all you do not need the internet services of this carrier. However, brace yourself to pay an extra $20.
How do I contact Spectrum Mobile?
If you have issues or queries related to TV, home phone, and internet services offered by this carrier, feel free to dial (833) 267-6094. In case you have Spectrum Mobile-related issues or queries, consider calling (833) 22-6603.