Verizon Fios offers a monthly teacher discount on their home internet service to eligible teachers. They provide discounts on a number of different plans.
New Fios customers can get a $5 monthly discount on their 200 Mbps plan, a $10 monthly discount on their 400 Mbps plan, or a $15 monthly discount on their Gigabit Connection plan. In addition, after new Fios customers complete their home internet order online, the $99 setup fee is waived.
Existing Fios customers who already have an eligible plan or desire to change to an eligible plan can receive a $5 monthly discount on 200 Mbps or less, a $10 monthly discount on 300 Mbps or 400 Mbps, or a $15 monthly discount on 500 Mbps or Gigabit connection. It’s only possible to change your plan to 200 Mbps, 400 Mbps, or Gigabit Connection. If you already have any of the plans listed above, you are also eligible for the associated discount.
The Verizon Fios home internet teachers discount can’t combine with the Ultimate Employee offer or the Verizon Connections discount. The limit is one discount per account.
In addition to teachers, there are some other professions that may make you eligible for the Verizon Fios home internet service discount. These professions include first responders, military members, nurses, students, and employees of a company that has a wireless service agreement with Verizon Fios.
How Do I Qualify For Verizon Fios Teacher’s Discount
To qualify for the Verizon Fios home internet teacher discount you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be a currently-employed teacher (a kindergarten teacher to a 12th-grade teacher or a post-secondary instructor).
- You must apply for the discount online on Verizon’s official teachers discount page “https://www.verizon.com/featured/teachers/#fios-tab”.
- As a part of the discount registration process, you must validate your current teaching employment. Teachers from Massachusetts, New Jersey, and New York may also need to provide a teaching certificate.
- Once a year, you must re-validate your teaching employment.
- In addition, you must have an eligible home internet plan.
Check out how to qualify for the Verizon Teachers unlimited plan discount in chapter 7.
How Do I Sign Up For Verizon Fios Teacher’s Discount
Signing up for the Verizon Fios home internet teacher discount is quick, simple, and can be completed in a few simple steps.
- First, go to Verizon’s dedicated page for teachers.
- There, you must confirm your eligibility for the discount on Verizon’s official website using the ID.me’s verification tool. If you don’t have an ID.me account yet, you will have to go through a short registration process. During the verification process, you may be asked to provide your Social Security Number, certification number, or another employment confirmation.
- Once the verification process is complete and if it turns out you are eligible for the discount, you can sign in to your Fios account.
- Then you can visit your ‘My plan’ page and follow the instructions to choose a plan or change to an eligible plan. Eligible plans include the 200 Mbps, 400 Mbps, or Gigabit Connection plan. There, you will be able to view your discount.
Check out how to sign up for the Verizon Teachers unlimited plan discount in Other Verizon discounts for teachers chapter.
What Type Of Teacher Discount Can I Get After Qualifying
There are two main types of discounts that currently employed teachers can get at Verizon: the Verizon Fios Home Internets Teachers Discount and the Teachers unlimited plan discount.
Verizon Fios home internet teachers discount offers:
For new Fios customers:
- A $5 monthly discount on the 200 Mbps plan
- A $10 monthly discount on the 400 Mbps plan
- A $15 monthly discount on the Gigabit Connection plan
- After completing the home internet order online, the $99 setup fee is waived
For existing Fios customers who already have an eligible plan or are planning to change to an eligible plan:
- A $5 monthly discount on 200 Mbps or less
- A $10 monthly discount on 300 Mbps or 400 Mbps
- A $15 monthly discount on a 500 Mbps or Gigabit connection
Nota that it’s only possible to change your plan to 200 Mbps, 400 Mbps, or Gigabit Connection. If you already have any of the plans listed above, you are also eligible for the associated discount.
Verizon Teachers unlimited plan discount
Verizon Teachers unlimited plan discount offers a monthly discount on one of the Verizon plans listed below to eligible teachers who have a Verizon account and at least one phone (smart or regular) on one or more of the Verizon plans to mix and match.
The discount is possible for the following plans: Start Unlimited, Play More Unlimited, Do More Unlimited, Get More Unlimited, Just Kids, which requires a parent line with an unlimited data plan, Above Unlimited, Go Unlimited, and Beyond Unlimited. The last two plans bought before 6/17/18 can’t be mixed and matched and aren’t eligible for the discount.
The discount amount depends on the number of phones you have on qualifying unlimited plans.
- If you have 1 phone, you can get a $10 monthly discount per account.
- If you have 2-3 phones, you can get a $25 monthly discount per account.
- For 4 or more phones you get no additional discount beyond the already applied discount per line price.
What Kind Of Documents Needed For The Verizon Fios Teacher Discount
To get the discount you may be asked to upload and provide a document that will help you validate your employment and eligibility for the discount. When doing so, make sure to follow the instructions below.
- Make sure the proof that you are an employee or an affiliate is less than 60 days old.
- Blackout sensitive personal information, like your banking info, salary, tax amounts, Social Security Number, Employee ID number, etc.
- To take a photo of the proof of employment or affiliation, which you may have to upload, you can feel free to use the camera on your device. The image file must be clear, yet less than 5 MB. It can be a JPEG, JPG, PDF, PNG, GIF, or TIF file.
- Make sure your name, company name, and date are readable on the photo you intend to upload. If you don’t have a physical paystub, you can also upload an electronic direct deposit slip.
- Keep in mind that the procedure is safe and that Verizon will only use this information to validate your employment or affiliation status.
What To Do If I Do Not Qualify For Verizon Fios Teacher Discount
If you are not eligible for the teacher’s discount, don’t give up. Verizon offers a number of other discounts for many other professions and people. Check out if you may qualify for any of those other discounts. Additional discounts you may qualify for include:
- The discount available through Verizon Connections. Employees of certain companies and residents of certain school districts, counties, and states are eligible.
- Those Who Serve discounts are eligible for first responders, military members, and nurses.
Keep in mind that the limit is one teacher, first responder, military, or nurses discount per account. In addition, it is impossible to combine a Those Who Serve discount with the Ultimate Employee or Verizon Connections discount.
See more : All Types Of Verizon Discounts For Seniors
Other Verizon Discounts for Teachers
Other than Verizon Fios home internet teachers discounts, currently employed teachers can also get a Verizon Teachers unlimited plan discount.
To qualify for this discount you meet certain requirements:
- You must have at least one phone (smart or regular) on a qualifying Verizon monthly plan (these plans include Start Unlimited, Play More Unlimited, Do More Unlimited, Get More Unlimited, Just Kids (requires a parent line with an unlimited data plan), Above Unlimited, Go Unlimited and Beyond Unlimited (the last two plans bought before 6/17/18 aren’t eligible for the discount).
- Must be the account owner or manager.
- You must be currently employed as a teacher (a kindergarten teacher to a 12th-grade teacher or a post-secondary instructor).
- You must apply for the discount online on Verizon’s official teachers discount page.
- As a part of the discount registration process, you must validate your current teaching employment. Residents of certain states may need to provide a teaching certificate to qualify.
- Once a year, you must re-validate your teaching employment.
To sign up for this discount, you must:
- Have a qualifying unlimited plan. You can change your plan online by visiting the My Plan page or in the Verizon app (Menu > Account > My Plan).
- Validate your teacher employment.
- Visit the dedicated page, select Get your Teachers discount, and finally click on Check Eligibility.
Read more about the Verizon Teachers unlimited plan discount in chapter 4.2.
Teachers are also eligible for 6 months free of the Premium Todoist app, which costs $18. This app enables users to organize and prioritize their tasks with ease. To use this special discount, you must sign up with your promo code. To learn more, visit Todoist’s official website.
What Other Company Offers A Discount For Teachers
There are some other companies besides Verizon that offer discounts for teachers.
As of July 10, 2020, AT&T, another one of the ‘big three’ carrier companies (Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile), offers discounts for nurses, physicians, and teachers.
AT&T offers a 25% discount on AT&T Unlimited Starter, AT&T Unlimited Extra, or AT&T Unlimited Elite plans through AT&T postpaid for eligible teachers, nurses, physicians, first responders, military, veterans (the last three groups have enjoyed this option before), and their families. Teachers (both new and existing customers) can get an unlimited data plan for $26.25 a month.
You can check whether or not you qualify for the AT&T teachers discount on their Signature Program page by simply entering your school and email address. You can sign up for the discount on their dedicated teacher’s page. Most currently employed teachers should qualify, including kindergarten to postsecondary teachers, professors, and instructors, but the exact discounts vary by school.
Spectrum Internet Assist Program
This program offers discounts to students, teachers, and households with low income. They provide a free modem and a 30 Mbps internet plan without a contract or data caps.
CenturyLink Teachers and Technology Grant
CenturyLink offers a Teachers and Technology Grant designed to provide home or workplace internet connection for full-time teachers with a value of up to $5000. This grant is available in certain areas of Missouri, Kansas, Louisiana, and Oklahoma.
Comcast Internet Essentials
This program offers a 25 Mbps home internet plan for only $9.95 a month. In addition, they offer discounts on laptops, desktops, internet service, and Microsoft Office for both students and teachers.
This program supports education instead of teachers. They offer a basic 10 Mbps internet plan for only $29.99 a month for families who receive government assistance and have at least one school-age child.
All of these programs provide significant savings. Make sure to visit the websites or contact them to check if you qualify.
FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions
How long does the Verizon Fios teacher discount last?
Theoretically, you can keep the teacher discount as long as you are employed as a teacher and you use Verizon Fios’ qualifying home internet services and plans. However, it is necessary to renew your discount by re-validating your employment or affiliation status approximately once a year.
How do I renew my discount over time?
Once a year you will be asked to re-validate your employment or affiliation and thus renew your discount. You will receive a notice to re-validate the necessary information. To renew the service you must respond to the notice within 30 days, otherwise, your discount may be removed. If this happens, you can validate your employment anew on their official website. Once the renewal process is complete, the discount is re-applied.
What to do if I am not a Verizon Fios customer yet?
If you are not a Verizon Fios customer yet, you can become one by following a simple and quick process. First, visit Verizon’s official website for teachers. To get started, go to Fios and press ‘Check Eligibility’. After verifying that you are currently employed as a teacher, you can simply select ‘New to Verizon’ to purchase a new device and choose a monthly plan. You can also bring your own device if don’t wish to buy a new one. To qualify for the teacher’s discount, you must select one of the following plans: the 200 Mbps, 400 Mbps, or Gigabit Connection plan.
Can retired teacher also apply for a Verizon Fios discount?
No, currently, only active teachers are eligible to receive the Verizon Fios teacher discount.
Can get a Verizon Fios discount if I am not a teacher?
Yes. Verizon offers discounts for those who serve. The professions that may make you eligible for a discount are first responders (state or local, volunteer, active or retired), military members, veterans, cadets or Gold Star family members, nurses and respiratory therapists, active students, employees, or affiliates of companies or organizations that have a wireless service agreement with Verizon Fios, and of course, currently employed teachers.
What to do if I got the wrong monthly bill and discount amount?
If your submission was validated (and confirmed) and you don’t receive a discount, there are two main potential reasons. First, as it can take up to 2 bill cycles for discounts to become active and appear on bills, the 2 bill cycles may not have passed yet. Or perhaps you might be on a plan that isn’t eligible for a discount – make sure to change to an eligible plan. If none of the reasons above applies in your case, make sure to contact support as there has clearly been a mistake.