EBB, also known as Emergency Broadband Benefit, is a federal communications commission program that was formulated upon the arrival of the deadly COVID-19 pandemic. The program was meant to help struggling families or individuals afford broadband services during these hard times. The program also offers free or discounted devices to eligible consumers. It has partnered with different service providers to offer discounted tablets, desktops, and laptops to struggling households. In our guide today, we pay attention to EBB program laptop. We will discuss the most reliable EBB (Emergency Broadband Benefit) program laptop providers, eligibility rules, and how to apply for your laptop. Without further ado, let’s dive into it!
How Does EBB (Emergency Broadband Benefit) Program Work?
EBB works by providing monthly discounts on broadband services. This includes discounts to purchase devices like laptops and desktop computers. It also provides free tablets through EBB providers. However, to enjoy these offers, you should meet a number of eligibility requirements. Once you qualify, EBB gives you up to $50 monthly to pay for your broadband services. If you are qualifying tribal lands, you get to enjoy free $75 monthly.
You will find out that most providers that participate in EBB program, give out $50 to $75 monthly discounts to pay for broadband services. However, there are also a few that offer discounts on laptops to eligible consumers. Let’s find more about this below.
Way To Get Discounted or Free Laptop Under EBB Program
To get EBB program laptop, you normally get a voucher from EBB that helps you to purchase your laptop of choice from EBB laptop provider with a discount. However, you must be eligible for EBB program. Secondly, you have to contribute nothing less than $10 or anything below $50 of the laptop’s actual price. Note that the actual amount to pay depends on the participating provider. To benefit from this offer, you have to meet the following requirements.
EBB (Emergency Broadband Benefit) Program Laptop Eligibility Requirements
EBB program was not initiated to benefit every citizen in the USA. To rule out others, a number of eligible requirements were set. To get EBB program laptop, at least one member of a household should meet the following requirements.
- Should have an income that is equal to or less than 135% of the federal poverty guideline.
- Alternatively, you can qualify if you are an active member of any government assistance program. Programs such as SNAP, Medicaid, food stamps, children’s health insurance program, welfare or temporary assistance for needy families, SSI and TANF among others.
- You automatically qualify for EBB if you are an a lifeline beneficiary
- If you have received a federal Pell grant during previous year award
- If you are approved to get benefits from the free and reduced price school lunch program or school breakfast program from USDA community eligibility provision
- If you have experienced substantial loss of income, job loss or furlough since 2020, February, 29th.
- You also qualify if you are a disabled with proof of disability
Apply For EBB Program (Emergency Broadband Benefit) Laptop
To apply for the EBB program laptop, you have to first sign up for EBB. After, visit EBB’s official website and send an application form. Below are ways of applying for EBB program laptop.
- Through direct contact : This is where you apply by calling emergency broadband customer care services for help. The call representative will guide you through how to apply for EBB program laptop.
- Through EBB official website : This is the easiest and most preferred way of applying for EBB program laptop. Here, you should visit getemergencybroadband.org and send your application form. You will also be asked to provide personal details and attach proof of eligibility.
- Send a mail-in application : This is third alternative of applying for EBB program laptop. You can print a copy of application form, fill required information and send it to EBB support center on the following address; Emergency broadband support center , P.O Box 7081, London, KY 40742
Below is EBB (Emergency Broadband Benefit) program laptop application steps
- Confirm eligibility: Here, you should confirm if you qualify for the program before application. It’s important to confirm eligibility or else your application will be declined automatically. If you qualify, you can proceed to the next step.
- Sign up for EBB: Before applying for free EBB program, you should first sign up for the program. The sign up process is so simple and instant. You just need to fill in your personal details and submit. To do this, click ‘’sign up now’’
- Fill an application form: Once you confirm eligibility, you can apply either online, through direct contact or mail-in application. During the application, you should enter your personal details like official names, email, location address, zip code, contact number and date of birth among others. After, attach copies to prove eligibility and submit your application.
- Get approved: Once your application is approved, EBB will send you a notification. You will then be notified to collect a voucher that will help you to purchase your laptop.
- Redeem the voucher: After receiving your voucher, you can redeem it and purchase a laptop in a selected electronic shop. Note that the voucher will cover a fraction of the laptop’s actual price. Therefore, you should top up the remaining amount.
Documents Needed To Apply For EBB (Emergency Broadband Benefit) Program Laptop
While applying for your laptop, you will be asked to attach copies of documents to prove eligibility. Some of these documents are:
- Copies of documents to prove your income. For instance, previous year’s federal income tax return
- Lifeline program membership cover letter
- Social security benefits statement
- Veterans administration benefit statement
- Pension or retirement statement of benefits
- Workmen’s compensation statement of benefits
EBB (Emergency Broadband Benefit) Program Laptop Providers List
After qualifying to get EBB program laptop, you should pick your device from a participating EBB laptop provider. Below are some of the providers that offer EBB laptops to eligible consumers.
1. PCs for people
Pcs for people is one of the most reliable EBB service providers that allows eligible beneficiaries to enjoy many benefits. Eligible consumers get monthly discounts of up to $50 off their internet services. Additionally, they can also get a one-time discount of up to $100 to get EBB program laptops from PCs for people. However, you have to meet PCs for people special eligibility rules. These are:
- You should be enrolled in any government assistance program
- You should have a government source of income that is below 200% of the federal poverty guideline.
After meeting these requirements, you can get EBB program laptop from PCs for people. However, you should have the following identification documents:
- Driver’s license or state ID card for non-drivers
- A passport
- Formal student, veteran ID card
- Your work of place/ company issued identification card.
While sending EBB program laptop applications to PCs for people, some documents are not accepted. Some of these documents are:
- Medicare participation
- Any handwritten documents
- A tax return that shows the applicant as the dependent
- Pay stubs or W- 2 forms are also not accepted.
- Screenshots of EBT app
- Deposit records on bank statements.
After filling your application, you can upload it through PCs for people official website, email it to email@example.com or fax at 651-666-1045
2. Vista beam
This is another incredible EBB program laptop provider with services available in states like Nebraska, Colorado and Wyoming. Through EBB, the company provides a one-time $100 discount on laptops, tablets or desktop computers. However, you have to pay $10 to $50 before benefiting from the program. You also have to qualify for EBB.
After, apply by entering your name, email, date of birth, tribal ID, primary address, postal code, phone number and school information. After qualifying, you will get your EBB program laptop through PCS for people or Microsoft Airband. This is because vista beam is in partnership with these two companies.
3. Cox communication
Cox is another EBB participant company that has managed to help thousands of eligible consumers since it partnered with EBB program. Through EBB, cox communication provides a one-time discount of up to $100 to eligible users. With this discount, you can get EBB program laptop from PCs. This is because Cox has partnered with PCs for People to dispatch the laptops on their behalf.
States That Get EBB (Emergency Broadband Benefit) Program Laptop
Wyoming, Wisconsin, West Virginia, Virginia, Vermont, Utah, Texas, Tennessee, South Dakota, South Carolina, Puerto Rico, Pennsylvania, Oregon, Oklahoma, Ohio, North Dakota, New York, New Mexico, new jersey, Nevada, Nebraska, Missouri, Maine, Kansas, Illinois, Georgia, Colorado, California and Arkansas among others.
Factors To Consider When Choosing EBB Program Laptop
- Size: Size is an important factor to consider when choosing your EBB laptop. Although big is fancy, a big sized laptop is inconveniencing when it comes to portability. Therefore, you should be keen on the size of your laptop. More often than not, a small and thinner laptop is better and easy to insert in a bag. A smaller laptop is also light and easy to carry around.
- Screen: Screen should also be selected wisely when getting your EBB laptop. Since laptop users spend several hours of the day staring on the screen, an ideal laptop screen should be quality and gentle on the eyes. Also, it should produce clear viewing content
- RAM: Don’t just become enticed by the beauty and appealing design when selecting your EBB laptop. Although these external features are also important, high RAM is more important. A good laptop should have high random access memory to allow smooth functionality. This allows the laptop to multi-task without slagging.
- Battery: An ideal laptop should have a high capacity battery. This enables you to use it for several hours with a single charge. The battery should also support fast charging ability. Therefore, select a high milliamp hours (mAh) battery because it will last longer.
- Warranty: Before selecting your EBB program laptop, ensure it has a warranty from manufacturer. This allows you to return the laptop in case of any mechanical error detected. You should also ensure that the laptop has money-return period from the seller.
Factors To Consider When Selecting EBB Program Laptop Providers
- Customer service: In this ideal world, looking for assistance is normal. After getting your EBB program laptop, you might need help on how to use or set a program. In this case, your EBB program laptop provider should have supportive customer service. Their customer service should be responsive and prioritize customer’s satisfaction.
- Coverage: Before selecting your EBB provider, it’s crucial to ensure that it is operational in your state of residence. This is because some EBB providers are not available in all states. A provider like PCs for people is a good selection as it operates in several states in the US.
- Stock availability: Selecting an EBB program laptop provider with a wide variety of laptop brands and models is so important. This ensures you won’t miss your preferred brand of laptop from that provider.
What are the benefits of EBB program laptops?
EBB program laptops are important to low income individuals or families that can’t afford one. Since they are discounted, these laptops are affordable to many. Besides, they come with $50 discount on broadband services and $75 discount for tribal land.
Are EBB program laptops free?
No. EBB program laptops are not completely free. Instead, they are sold at a discounted price of up to $100. This requires you to pay the rest of the amount. Besides, to get this discount, you have to pay $10 to $50 of the laptop’s actual price.
What are the types of EBB program laptops available?
From EBB, you can get a laptop like Microsoft surface laptop that avails with 13.5 inch display and runs on Windows 10S. You can also get Asus ZenBook 13 Ultra- slim laptop that avails with a stunning design, light in weight with a lasting battery that can work for 22 hours non-stop. You can also get Acer Spin 5 convertible that avails with a 15 hours lasting battery and HP spectre X 360 that avails with 16 GB RAM and a lasting battery.
Found through EBB laptop providers, EBB laptops are so beneficial to struggling households or students. As long as you meet EBB eligibility criteria, these laptops are instant to apply and get. However, you should pay $10 to $50 of the laptop’s buying price. You should also attach a number of eligibility documents while applying. After, your application will be scrutinized and approved. Get your EBB program laptop today and enjoy its services. We hope that our guide has been of help to you.