If you have lost or broken your Qlink Wireless phone, replacement should be your next course of action. This is because you still need to remain connected with your loved ones, work online, learn online, access emergency healthcare services and so much more. Apart from this, you will still need to enjoy the affordable cell phone plans offered by Qlink alongside good network coverage.
The good news is that you can now replace your lost or damaged Qlink Wireless phone seamlessly. Since most Qlink Wireless phone users are victims of such circumstances, we shall take an in-depth look at how you can replace your phone, what to do after losing your phone, Qlink wireless phone replacement policy, and other related topics. Walk with us!
Reasons You May Replace Your Qlink Wireless Phone
There are various reasons that can promote you to replace your phone. To start with, you can opt to replace your phone if at all you have lost or misplaced it. Better still, you can replace it if your phone has been stolen or has been damaged. Finally, you may opt to replace your phone after every two years.
Although your phone might not have technical issues after two years of continuous use, some components such as its hardware and the operating system might start having issues and thus prompt you to replace your Qlink Wireless device.
What To Do If My Phone Is Lost Or Stolen
Losing your phone is the last thing that you would wish to experience. However, such experiences are imminent and can occur to you when you least experience. Worse still, it can be stolen from you as you undergo your day-to-day activities.
If this happens, the first thing to do is to report the incident to your nearest police station so that the authorities within your locality can help you obtain your phone. By doing so, chances are that you might be able to trace your phone. Consequently, you may not essentially contact Qlink Wireless team to replace the phone for you.
Besides this, you should contact the Qlink Wireless customer support team. This can work if you cannot access your nearest police station in good time. Here, you can contact them on phone by dialing 1-855-754-6543 and then narrate your story. In addition, you can email them at [email protected]. Once you contact them using the email, ensure that you provide your name, phone number, and enrollment ID among other details in the subject section.
Is Qlink Wireless Replacement Phone Free
Well, it depends on a number of factors. For instance, if you lose your phone within 2 weeks of ownership, you can report the incident and get a replacement model free of charge. However, if you report the incident after 14 days of ownership, you may have to part with a replacement fee for you to get another model.
As far as the replacement fee is concerned, it is imperative to note that this service comes at a cost. To put this into perspective, the Federal Government does not reimburse Qlink Wireless for the phones they provide to all eligible customers. As a result, if you lose a government phone, brace yourself to pay a $34.95 replacement fee.
Compared to purchasing a new phone from any of the Qlink Wireless brick-and-mortar stores near you, this option can help you save a few bucks. Therefore, you should be ready to part with $34.95 anytime you want to get a replacement model from this carrier.
By doing so, you will get a good replacement phone within a period of 24 to 48 hours. Consequently, you will be connected with those whom you love and the places that matter the most to you.
Besides requesting a replacement model, you can choose to bring your own model. As long as it is unlocked, you will be good to go. This is because Qlink supports Bring Your Own Phone (BYOP) program.
Unlike replacing your phone, here you will not be charged a dime. As long as your device is compatible, you will be able to keep your existing phone number and remain connected. However, you have to activate your device for it to start working on the Qlink Wireless network.
Now Steps to Replace Your Qlink Wireless Phone
If you have misplaced, lost, or damaged your Qlink Wireless phone, the first thing to do is to contact the Qlink Wireless customer support team immediately. By doing so, your account will be suspended for couple of days and thus avert unnecessary charges. As we previously said, you can contact the Qlink Wireless customer support team at 1-855-754-6543.
Once you contact them, you will be asked for a number of details in order to verify your identity. From your phone number to your name, there are a couple of details that you will be asked by this agent on the other side.
Apart from contacting them on the phone, you can also email them at [email protected] where your message should have your name, phone number, and the enrollment ID. If your case is genuine, you will be asked to pay a replacement fee, which typically, stands at $34.95, and then the device will be shipped to you within a period of 24 to 48 hours.
As far as the replacement Qlink Wireless device is concerned, be sure that you will not get the model that you ever wanted. This is because these models are issued based on availability basis. However, you will be able to get a fancy device with all the features that you want.
With this in mind, it is imperative that you check Qlink’s official website and see the devices that are available at that particular time. By doing so, you can know the kind of device to get once you choose to replace your device. Apart from visiting the website, you can contact the customer support team and make these inquiries on the go.
Replacement Of Lost Or Stolen Phones Policies and Process
When it comes to the replacement of Qlink Wireless, there are certain policies that govern the entire process. These policies include:
- To start with, Qlink is not liable for any charges that you will incur between the money you misplace your phone and the moment you report it. In addition, any lost minutes will not be compensated to you. With these details at hand, you should ensure that you report the issue to the service provider as soon as possible. By doing so, you will be able to hasten the entire process of phone deactivation and even hinder any unauthorized persons from using your device. As a result, you will not incur any extra charges.
- Qlink Wireless can replace your phone free of charge in case you misplace it within a period of 2 weeks of ownership. However, if you lose it after 14 days from the date you purchased it, be sure that you will have to part with a small fee of $34.95.
- Once you get a replacement, you will also get 1GB of free data.
- Your replacement Qlink Wireless will come with all the remaining allotted minutes for the current month. However, if you had bought minutes with the lost device, they will not be replaced.
- In case, you misplace or lose the replacement device, be sure that you will have to purchase a new device altogether.
- If your device gets stolen or lost during the transit to the Qlink Wireless customer support before delivery, the device will be replaced for you free of charge. In addition, all the minutes will be replaced for you. However, this will be done as a one-time courtesy.
- In case you fail to activate your new device or notify Qlink Wireless that you have found your lost device within a period of 45 days, your Qlink account may be deactivated. Here, you may end up losing both your Qlink Wireless Lifeline membership and the Qlink phone number.
Replacement of Defective Phones Policies and Process
As far as the replacement of defective phone are concerned, it is imperative to note that this carrier always gives its customers a warranty duration of 1 year. Unfortunately, replacing a defective phone is not a walk in the park. This is because a thorough investigation is always carried out in order to establish that your phone did not get damaged as a result of recklessness and so forth.
In case your phone was not damaged by water or physical abuse, be sure that you will get a replacement. However, you will be required to part with $34.95 replacement fee. In case your mobile phone was already defective the moment you received it, you only have up to 14 days from the delivery date to return it to Qlink Wireless. By doing so, you will be able to get a replacement free of charge.
Replace Your Q Link Phone Through Online
Yes. All you need to do is to contact customer support via their email and then narrate your story. Here, you will need to send your message to [email protected]. With finer details such as the serial number of the lost phone, your name, your phone number, your social security number, and a copy to prove that Qlink was indeed your previous cell phone service provider be sure that you will have an easy time replacing your phone.
Things to Consider Before Replacing a Phone From Q Link Wireless
As you propose to replace your phone with Qlink Wireless, there are several things that you should bear in mind. Some of these things include:
1. Ensure that you keep your free service on
First and foremost, carriers who offer the Lifeline program are required by the Federal government to cancel services of those devices that have not been active for the last 30 days or thereabout. To avoid the closure of your line, you should ensure that your Lifeline device is active.
Typically, you can choose to use this device at least once a month. From calling to texting your friends, there are many ways you can utilize your Lifeline device and thus avoid incidences of closure and so forth.
2. Always check your usage
Besides keeping your Lifeline device active, there is a need for you to keep on checking your usage every now and then. To do this, you just need to log in to My Qlink and then select ‘Check my usage’ option. Better still, you can navigate to the ‘My Qlink zone’ app and check these details if at all you are an eligible Qlink client. Finally, you can visit qlinkwireless.com and then check your usage.
3. Receive your monthly plan refills
Typically, Qlink Wireless refills your line with free data and minutes at the beginning of each month. If you want to receive this refill, ensure that your mobile device is turned on. Once you get the refill, be sure that the balance will not show up immediately. This is because it may take about 24 hours for you to see the results.
4. Recertify your Lifeline eligibility
If you are a Lifeline member, there is a need for you to complete a Lifeline recertification process, at least once in 12 months. Failure to adhere to this guideline can mean the cancellation of Lifeline services offered to you.
However, you should not panic as Qlink will always notify you and remind you about this particular obligation. Since the recertification process is generally easy and straightforward, trust that you will not experience any hiccups.
Qlink Wireless Replacement Phone List 2024
The phone you receive depends entirely on the provider, phone selection, and availability. Qlink government phones tend to be mid-range smartphones with basic features. Qlink’s replacement policy states that the replacement phone is a refurbished phone or comparable to your original phone; you expect to receive a refurbished, entry-level, or midrange Android smartphone. If you want to replace your current Qlink Wireless mobile device, be sure that you will get any of these devices:
- Alcatel one touch
- Kyocera hydro edge
- HTC Desire 626
- Blackberry curve 8330
- The legacy (N817)
How Do I Submit Q Link Wireless Phone Replacement Claim If Not Replaced By The Authority
Although you may get a replacement from Qlink Wireless, sometimes, this is not guaranteed. If you have insured your phone before it got lost, you can now file a claim with an insurance company. The good news is that the insurance company can help you obtain a new device free of charge.
However, if you had not insured your phone, brace yourself to purchase a new phone from your pocket. Better still, you may have to bring a compatible phone to Qlink Wireless and get a new SIM card and continue enjoying the services of this carrier.
Better still, you can try and see if there are some sites that can help you to file and even track a claim for Qlink Wireless. As we speak, we have a proliferation of such sites and services online. Some good example is Asurion. However, for such a site to be of help to you, you must ensure that your phone was insured in the first place or has a warranty.
Now Steps to Activate Your Q Link Replacement Phone
Whether you have upgraded your phone, replaced your current device, or purchased your first Qlink phone, there is a need for you to activate it so that you can enjoy Qlink Wireless cell phone services. Here are the steps that can help you get started:
- Obtain a Qlink SIM card kit. The good news is that you can now purchase this kit online at Qlink’s official website. In case you have a SIM card, consider using it. Besides this, ensure that you have your phone at hand.
- Insert the SIM card
- Reset your network. This step is optional as those who have obtained a replacement phone will not be required to do so. However, if you opt to bring your own phone, you will be required to reset your network. To achieve this objective, there is a series of steps that you should follow.
- If you have an Android phone, you should go to the ‘Settings’ option and then select ‘Network Reset Settings’ or ‘Reset’ option. Thereafter, tap on the ‘Network Reset’ and follow the instructions that you will see on your screen. Since your device might take time to complete the process, be patient and you will be good to go.
- In case you have an iPhone device, you should go to the ‘Settings’ option and then tap on the ‘General’ option. Navigate down and then press ‘Reset’ and then choose ‘Reset Network Settings’. Here, you may be prompted to key in your iPhone’s password. Enter it and then confirm the reset process. Be patient as your devices complete the entire process.
- If you want to transfer your number, you can contact the customer support team at 1-(305)260-6232. Once you reach out to the technician on the other end, he will guide you throughout the entire process. More importantly, ensure that you have your PIN and account number ready.
- Finally, download the My Mobile Account app from the App Store or Google Play Store and follow the on-screen instructions. With this app on your device, you can now log in using your Qlink phone number and you get started. Here, you will be able to manage your account seamlessly, without having to visit the Qlink official website every now and then.
Frequently Ask Questions
Can I put my Qlink SIM card in another phone if my phone is broken or damaged?
Well, this depends on whether the other device is unlocked or not. In case the device is unlocked, you can insert your Qlink SIM card and use the phone to access the services of this carrier. However, if the mobile device is not unlocked, you will be limited to using the phone.
Can I find my friend’s lost Qlink phone with my Android?
Yes. This is possible, thanks to modern technology. For instance, you can use Google to find your friend’s lost mobile device. To put this into perspective, you should use the ‘Find My Device’ app and then conduct your search. Although this app may not essential show the exact geo-location of the lost device, it will show crucial leads such as:
- It will show a message on your phone’s screen once you report the incident to Google
- You will be in a position to lock the device and even erase the data remotely.
- You will be able to call the phone using your Android phone and it will ring even if it is in silent mode.
However, for this feature to be effective, the lost feature must be switched on and be connected to the internet. In addition, its location feature must be switched on and the device signed into a Google account.
How do I forward calls and texts from a broken or lost phone?
As we speak, you can now use the call forwarding feature to forward calls and texts from a lost or broken device. The good news is that this feature does not need internet access for it to work. Besides allowing you to forward calls and texts from a lost or damaged phone, it allows you to track down your phone. All you need to do is to activate it and the rest will be fine.
To activate it, dial *72 and then key in the phone number and area code you want to forward your text messages and calls to. You will get a confirmation tone in order to approve the newly designated number. Thereafter, you will start receiving calls and texts from the damaged or lost phone.
Does Insurance Company Replace Q Link Phone If Lost Or Damaged?
Yes. However, you must ensure that you had insured your damaged or lost device. Besides this, Qlink must be unwilling to offer you a replacement phone despite your device having a warranty. Lastly, your phone must not have been damaged by water or physical abuse. If the insurance company finds that you are justified to get a replacement, you will be required to pay the normal $34.95 replacement fee and you will be good to go.
How long does it take to get a Qlink replacement phone?
Once you report the incident to the customer support team, Qlink will initiate the process of phone replacement on the go. Since the shipment may take a few days, be ready to get your device after 48 hours, depending on your location.