Samsung Galaxy S9 is an incredible device with the best performance compared to most handsets. If you wish to own this device but not able to meet its actual cost, the good news is that it’s now possible to get one for free through several avenues. For instance, it’s possible to get the phone for free through government programs like ACP and lifeline. However, you must qualify for these programs and show proof of qualification before getting your free device.
Alternatively, it’s possible to get this device either for free or at a discounted price through carriers that offer special deals for their new and existing customers. Since you already know that it’s possible to get a Samsung Galaxy S9 free phone, time is apt to discuss how to qualify for this device, application steps and necessary documents needed among other related topics.
Programs that offer Samsung Galaxy S9 free phone in 2023
In the introduction, we have mentioned that it’s possible to get Samsung galaxy S9 free phone from government programs and carrier’s deals. In this section, we shall discuss these programs and deals to help you understand better. Below are federal programs that currently offer Samsung galaxy S9 free phone:
Lifeline Program For Samsung Galaxy S9 Free Phone
This is one of the most reliable federal program that was initiated to offer affordable phones and internet services to financially limited families in America. The program was initiated in 1984 and since then, it has helped millions of low income American families to afford phones and other associated services. The program has partnered with several carriers to offer these services to all consumers that meet the necessary eligibility requirements. Although these carriers don’t disclose the types of phones they offer for free, trust that you can be lucky to get Samsung galaxy S9 free phone, as long as it’s available at the time of application. Besides free phones, lifeline offers additional benefits like:
- Free unlimited monthly texts
- Free unlimited monthly call minutes
- Free mobile data
Lifeline + ACP Program For Samsung Galaxy S9 Free Phone
This is a Combo program that offers lifeline and ACP plans combined. One of the greatest advantage of this program is that consumers end up receiving more benefits. Through the program, trust that you can get a free Samsung Galaxy S9 phone on condition that it’s available. Similar to lifeline, many carriers are currently offering this combo program as of now. However, you must qualify for lifeline or ACP to benefit from this program. Once you qualify, you will get a free phone plus other additional benefits like:
- Free monthly data
- Free call minutes
- Free monthly text services
- Free tablets depending on your provider
- Free hotspot services depend with your provider
ACP Program For Samsung Galaxy S9 Free Phone
Affordable connectivity program is one of the most recent federal program that was initiated at the end of 2021 to replace Emergency Broadband Benefit program. Similar to lifeline, the program was initiated to offer free phone and internet services to low income families in the United States. Therefore, you can be lucky to get Samsung galaxy S9 free phone as long as you meet necessary requirements. (We shall discuss these requirements in a section below). The good news is that the program does not only offer free phones but other benefits like:
- A discount of up to 100$ towards purchasing devices like laptops and tablets
- Free unlimited calls and texts
- Free data services.
Carriers That Offer Free Samsung Galaxy S9 Under Government Program
There’re a plethora of carriers that offer free Samsung galaxy S9 phone through lifeline, ACP or Combo programs. Below is a list of 6 best carriers to consider:
- Cintex Wireless : This is one of the most reliable carrier through which you can get Samsung Galaxy S9 free phone. The carrier offers free phones through its Lifeline + ACP combo program. Besides free phones, this carrier offers free calls, texts, data and tablets through this program. To apply for these benefits, visit https://apply.cintexwireless.com/, enter your ZIP code and email address and then tap on ‘Apply Now’
- Safelink Wireless : Safelink is a very popular lifeline service provider that offers a myriad of benefits though the program. Through the carrier’s, lifeline program, you can get a free Samsung galaxy S9 phone or any other available model plus free data, texts and call minutes. To apply for safelink lifeline benefits, visit their official website, provide ZIP code and tap the icon “start”. Here’s the link to safelink lifeline application page: https://www.safelinkwireless.com/Enrollment/Safelink/en/Web/www/default/index.html#!/newHome
- AirTalk Wireless : Through Airtalk Lifeline + ACP combo plan, you can also be lucky to get a free Samsung galaxy S9 phone. Besides a free phone, the program offers free call minutes, free texts and free data every month. To get a free phone from this carrier, visit their virtual application page, enter your ZIP code and start your application: https://airtalkwireless.com/apply.
- StandUp Wireless : This carrier offers free phone through Lifeline + ACP combo plan. Once you qualify for the program, you will not only get a free smashing galaxy S9 but also free unlimited talk, text and 10 GB of high speed data. To get your benefits, open the carrier’s website, https://standupwireless.com/, enter your ZIP code, email address then tap the icon ‘Begin Application’
- Access Wireless : If you live within access wireless network coverage areas, you can also get a chance to get free Samsung galaxy S9 phone through its Combo program. To help eligible low income households remain connected, the program also offers free unlimited talk, text and mobile data through this program. To claim your benefits, visit the carrier’s official website and start your application: https://www.accesswireless.com/
- NewPhone Wireless : Last but not least, this is another reputable carrier that is a participant of both lifeline and ACP program. Therefore, the carrier bundles these two programs to provide amazing offers like free Samsung galaxy phone, free calls, texts and data. However, you but must be residing within Wyoming and Louisiana to receive these benefits. Do you qualify for these programs, visit the carrier’s official; website and start your free phone application process: https://newphone.com/apply.
Various Carrier Deals That offer Samsung Galaxy S9 Free of Charge
Apart from the government, we are pleased to inform you that it’s also possible to get a free Samsung galaxy S9 phone through carriers that offer free phone’s deals to their customers. However, most of these deals are not entirely free. Instead of free phones, these carriers offer huge discounts on their devices or convenient payment plans. Below are carriers that offer Samsung galaxy S9 phone deals:
- GenMobile : Whether you are from a low income family or not, you can get huge discounts towards purchasing a Samsung galaxy S9 from this carrier. Besides, you will get a three months payment plan that makes it easy for you to clear the remaining balance. You will also be waved $39 activation fee once you get this device. However, this incredible deal is a limited time offer and is subject to change over time. To enjoy this deal, visit the carrier’s official website and purchase your device: https://www.genmobile.com/collections/all-phones/products/copy-of-samsung-galaxy-s9-64gb-pre-owned
- T-Mobile : You can also get a new Samsung galaxy S9 phone at a discounted price once you trade-in your old device. To get your discounted phone, visit T-Mobile trade in page and enter your old phone’s IMEI number. This is to establish whether the device is eligible for trade in as well as confirm your estimated trade-in value. Once you confirm eligibility, select your device and proceed with the payment.
- Verizon wireless : When you purchase Verizon S9 from Samsung app or online stores, use Verizon device payment plan and activate it on Verizon network, you stand a chance to get $100 discount on this device. In addition, you will be awarded a very convenient payment plan that allows you to clear the remaining balance within 24 months.
Steps to Get a Samsung Galaxy S9 Free Phone Under Government Program
As of now, you already know that it’s possible to get a Samsung galaxy S9 free phone through ACP & lifeline programs. In this section, we shall discuss how to qualify for these programs, required documents and application steps to follow:
Step 1: Eligibility Requirements to get the Samsung Galaxy S9 free phone
To get a free phone through lifeline or ACP, there are a number of eligibility requirements to meet. For instance, if you are getting your device via lifeline, you must come from a low income household with an income that is at or is below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
If you are qualifying through ACP, you must come from a low income household whose total income is at or below 200% of the federal poverty guideline.
Alternatively, you can qualify for a free phone through these programs if you are a member of any of the following programs:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program(SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit
- Federal Public Housing Assistance.
- Tribal Head Start
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children(WIC)
- Federal Pell Grant in the current award year
- Free and Reduced Price School Breakfast Program or School Lunch Program, including at the U.S Department of Agriculture (USDA) Community Eligibility Provision schools.
Step 2: Necessary documents to attach to the Samsung Galaxy S9 free phone
Since you already qualify for these programs, the next step is to gather necessary application documents. These are documents that will prove to lifeline/ACP officials that you qualify for the benefits. Besides, you need to gather documents to prove your identity and address. Below are copies of documents that are required when applying for Samsung galaxy S9 free phone:
Identity and address documents.
- Permanent resident card
- Certificate of Naturalization or U.S Citizenship
- Birth certificate
- Government-issued, state, military or Tribal ID
- U.S driver’s license
- Green card
- Government-issued, state, military or Tribal ID
- Mortgage or lease statement
- Utility bill
- W-2 or tax return document
Apart from identity documents, you’ll need to attach document to prove that your income is below 135% or 200% of the Federal Poverty Guideline. Below are examples of documents needed:
- Unemployment or Workmen’s Compensation statement of benefits
- Social Security statement of benefits
- Retirement or pension statement of benefits
- Current income statement from your employer
- Paycheck stub
- Tribal or Federal notice letter of participation in General Assistance
- Veteran Administration statement of benefits
- Prior year’s Federal, state or Tribal tax return
- Any other document that can show your current income levels.
If you qualify for a free device trough participating in any eligible government assistance program, you should gather any of the following documents:
- Program benefit verification letter
- Program approval letter
- Program statement of benefits
- Program benefit award letter
Step 3: Procedure to apply for a Samsung Galaxy S9 free phone
Have you gathered all your application documents? The next step is to enroll for ACP or lifeline. This is through the following process:
- To enroll for Lifeline online, visit their official website though this link https://getinternet.gov/apply?id=nv_home.
- Once you access their website, select your state the tap the icon ‘Get Started’.
- Next, you will find a virtual application form
- Star filling the form with valid personal information like: your legal name, SSN, date of birth, contact, and home address etc.
- Attach necessary application documents and follow instructions to complete and submit your application form.
- To enroll for ACP online, visit their website and tap the “apply button” https://www.affordableconnectivity.gov/how-to-apply/
- Provide your address and email address
- Provide your social security number and attach valid application documents
- Complete you application and hit the submit button.
Apply Via mail
Besides online, you can also enroll for lifeline and ACP via mail. To enroll for lifeline via mail, open this link, download the form and start your application https://www.lifelinesupport.org/wp-content/uploads/documents/get-lifeline/LI_Application_NVstates.pdf
To enroll for ACP via mail, download the form and start your application through this link: https://www.affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/ACP-Application-Form-English.pdf. Once you complete your forms, mail them to the following address: Lifeline/ACP Support Center, PO Box 9100, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773.
Steps to activate your Samsung Galaxy S9 free phone
After receiving your free Samsung galaxy S9 phone, you should activate it immediately. Luckily, most phones from ACP/Lifeline providers come while already activated. However, if your phone is not activated with your respective carrier, you should contact their customer support team and get activation instructions. Below are basic steps to follow and activate your free phone:
- Plug your device to power outlet and charge it
- After fully charging it, insert the SIM card that came along with the device
- Thereafter, power on your device and follow on-screen instructions to activate it
Samsung Galaxy S9 free phone Features
After receiving your free Samsung galaxy S9 phone, you will enjoy the following feature:
- 12MP rear and 8MP front cameras with autofocus and ability to capture clear and bright pictures even under low-light
- A powerful 3000mAh battery that is set to operate for long hours despite heavy use. This battery also supports fast charging technology.
- Sufficient storage capacity of up to 256GB that can be supported with external storage of up to 400GB
- It is IP68 water and dust-resistance rated, giving your device the ability to hold in water for some minutes without damage
Other ways to get the Samsung Galaxy S9 free of charge
Apart from government programs, there’re other possible ways to get this device for free. Here’re alternative ways to get Samsung galaxy S9 free of charge:
- There’re a number of non-profit organizations that offer free phones and other devices to low income members in the community. Therefore, you can be lucky to get a free Samsung galaxy S9 once you ask for help from these organizations. These are organizations like: Salvation Army, everyone On, adaptive.org and On It Foundation
- You can ask for help from your home church
- You can get a free device through online giveaways
- You can use social media platforms and other interaction platforms like Craigslist to request for help in acquiring a free phone
I want to check my Samsung Galaxy S9 status. How do I get started?
To check your free phone application status, you just need to call your provider’s support team and make the inquiry. You can also login to your ACP/Lifeline account through your carrier and tap “check status” icon.
How long will my Samsung Galaxy S9 free phone take to arrive?
It might take 3 to 7 business days to get your free device. However, the actual duration is affected by factors like device availability and the distance between your home address and your service provider. If the distance is shorter, it might take as little as 2 business days to receive your device.
How many Samsung Galaxy S9 free phones can I get at a time?
If you are getting your free Samsung galaxy S9 phone through government programs, you can only get one device at a time.
I have relocated to a different state. Can I still use my Samsung Galaxy S9 free phone?
This depends with your carrier’s availability in your new state. If your free phone carrier offers services in your new state, you can continue using your device without a glitch. However, if your carrier doesn’t offer services, look for carriers with services within the area and transfer your lifeline/ACP benefits.
Is it possible to upgrade your Samsung Galaxy S9 free phone?
Yes. However, your free phone upgrade process is not free. Therefore, you will incur the cost of your new upgraded device.
How long does it take for my Samsung Galaxy S9 free phone application to be approved?
If you are applying for a free Samsung galaxy S9 phone online, your application will get approved within few minutes. However, if you used mail application, it might ake few business days to get approval.
Is my Samsung Galaxy S9 free phone locked? Can I use it with another carrier’s network?
Not really. If your device is locked, you can’t use it with another network until you unlock it. Luckily, the process of unlocking your device is very easy and instant. All you need to do is call your provider and request for device unlock.
Can I get a free Samsung galaxy S9 from amazon?
Amazon is currently not offering free Samsung galaxy S9 phones. However, you can get huge discounts towards purchasing this device through amazon promotion deals. In addition, you can trade in your old device and get a new Samsung galaxy S9 at a fair price through Amazon Trade-In program.