Phones and tablets are crucial devices that play a very vital role in today’s digital world. Therefore, owning them at the same time would be a big accomplishment. However, owning these devices at the same time is not a piece of cake as they are both costly. If you need these devices but unable to afford them, the good news is that its possible to get them at the same time through the government’s lifeline and ACP.
In this article, we will broadly discuss how to get government phone and tablet at the same time from these programs, eligibility requirements, steps that you ought to follow and get these devices and companies that offer these benefits. Stick with us to the end for more insight!
How do I Get a Government phone and Tablet at the Same Time
As we have mentioned in the overview section, you can get a government phone and tablet at the same time through lifeline and ACP. These are federal government programs that help to bridge digital divide by making broadband services/ devices more affordable to consumers with strained income. Please note that these are two distinct programs that work independently from each other. However, there are a number of companies that combine these programs to form lifeline-ACP combo.
When it comes to ACP + Lifeline combo program, this is the most ideal option for consumers that need government phone and tablet at the same time. Once you qualify for this program, you will get lifeline and ACP benefits altogether depending with your region and provider. This means that you will get a free phone, minutes, texts and data services courtesy of the lifeline plus a free tablet from ACP. Please note that you must either qualify for lifeline or ACP before enjoying these benefits.
Another way of getting a free government phone and tablet at the same time is enrolling for lifeline plan only and ACP plan only at the same time. The good news is that you can opt to enroll for both plans through same or different participating providers. For example, a qualifying household can enroll for assurance wireless lifeline plan and receive a free phone and at the same time enroll for Q Link ACP plan and receive a free tablet. Alternatively, you can enroll for Q Link lifeline program and receive a free phone and also qualify for Q Link ACP and receive a free tablet at the same time.
What is the Process of Getting a Government Phone and Tablet at the Same Time
To get a government phone and tablet at the same time, there are series of steps that you should follow. Once you follow each step correctly, trust that you will get your free devices without hesitation. To get your devices, follow the following steps:
1. Meet eligibility requirements
First step, ensure that you qualify for these devices. To qualify for a free government phone and tablet, there’re eligibility requirements that interested consumers must meet. These are income based or program eligibility requirements. Below is a list of these requirements:
- Income based: If you are qualifying through ACP, you are supposed to come from a low-income household, with a total income at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines. However, if you are qualifying for the benefits through lifeline, your total household income should be at or below 135% of the federal poverty guidelines.
- Program based: Beyond the above requirements, you can qualify for free government phone and tablet if you participate in any of the following programs:
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF).
- Federal Public Housing Assistance.
- Tribal Head Start.
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations.
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance.
- Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations.
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC).
- Federal Pell Grant.
- Free and Reduced-Price School Breakfast Program or School Lunch Program, including at the U.S Department of Agriculture (USDA) Community Eligibility Provision schools.
2. Gather relevant application documents
Do you meet any of the above requirements? The second step requires you to gather relevant application documents. Precisely, these are documents that will provide proof of income eligibility or program participation. Beyond, you should gather documents that will provide proof of your address and identity. While preparing these documents, ensure that they are clear and not blurry. Besides, ensure that they are valid and updated. Here are examples of documents to gather:
- Income documents:
- Prior years state, federal or tribal tax return.
- Social security statement of benefits.
- Pension statement of benefits.
- Divorce decree or child support award.
- Veteran’s administration statement of benefits.
- Unemployment or worker’s compensation statements of benefits.
- Identity and address documents:
- Birth certificate.
- UD driver’s license.
- Green card.
- Valid government, military, tribal or state ID.
- Utility bill.
- Mortgage or lease statement.
- Recent W-2 or tax return.
- Program documents: Your current program’s:
- Benefit award letter.
- Approval letter.
- Statement of benefits.
- Benefit verification letter.
- Your school documentation.
3. Fill an application form
Once you gather your application documents, you should now enroll for lifeline or ACP. Below are steps to apply for these programs:
- Apply through lifeline:
- Visit lifeline official website to start your application: “getinternet.gov/apply?id=nv_home&ln=RW5nbGlzaA%3D%3D“.
- When you access the page, proceed and select your state or territory.
- Afterwards, tap on the icon “Get Started’.
- Follow the following instructions to fill and complete lifeline virtual application form.
- Attach copies of any application documents required.
- Review your application and tap the “submit” button.
Besides, you can opt for lifeline mail application through visiting: “lifelinesupport.org/wp-content/uploads/documents/get-lifeline/LI_Application_NVstates.pdf“, download the available application form and print it to paper application form.
Thereafter, follow instructions to fill the form, attach necessary documents and mail the form to: USAC, Lifeline support center, P.O Box 9100, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773.
- Apply through ACP:
- Visit ACP website and start your application: “getinternet.gov/apply?id=acp&ln=RW5nbGlzaA%3D%3D“.
- Start by providing your mail address and phone number.
- Make sure you provide your correct social security number (The last 4 digits).
- Alternatively, you can opt to provide valid copies of your identity documents.
- Follow instructions to complete the form and make sure to provide valid information to the latter.
- Review your application and tap the icon “submit”.
Besides, you can opt to apply for ACP via mail. This is through visiting this webpage, download and print a paper application form: “affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/ACP-Application-Form-English.pdf“. Follow instructions to complete the form, attach required application documents and mail the form to: USAC, ACP support center, PO Box 9100, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773.
4. Get approval
As soon as you submit your lifeline or ACP applications, the national verifier team will receive it, review and give you feedback within minutes. In this case, you will either get an approval or rejection feedback. If you got approval, you are officially enrolled for lifeline or ACP and fully eligible for a free government phone and tablet.
5. Check application status
If your application feedback surpassed more than 30 minutes, you should check your application status to determine the cause of that delay. To check the status of your application, all you need to do is contact ACP support center through the number: (877) 384-2575. Alternatively, you can opt to email them at: “[email protected]”.
6. Sign up for ACP + Lifeline combo plan through your service provider
Now that you are already enrolled for lifeline or ACP, the last step requires you to search for providers that offer free phone and tablet at the same time through ACP + lifeline combo plan. Once you locate a provider, visit their official websites and enroll for these benefits. Below are providers that will help you get started:
Which Providers Offer Free Government Phone and Tablet at the Same Time
- Q Link Wireless: Q Link wireless has a special program for new customers that enables you to get a tablet, smartphone and a free unlimited plan through ACP. However, the plan is not free as it requires you to pay $29.95. Besides, the products to receive are subject to availability.
- Standup Wireless: This provider combines lifeline + ACP to help eligible households receive additional benefits through their combo plan. When you qualify and enroll for standup Combo, the carrier offers a new tablet, free highspeed data, free unlimited talk and text after making a co-payment of $10.01 only. In addition, you can be lucky to get a free phone once you sign up for their lifeline and ACP program at the same time. However, this is a limited time offer that is available only on promotional basis.
- AirTalk Wireless: AirTalk is another reputable provider that offers both lifeline and ACP benefits. Through this carrier, you can choose to sign up for each program separately or sign up for their Lifeline + ACP combo plan. Once you enroll to their combo plan, you will get a free smartphone, free unlimited talk, texts and data. In addition, you might be lucky to grab a low-cost tablet for only $10.01 depending with your state and device eligibility.
- Cintex Wireless: This is another generous provider that allows you to get a free government phone and tablet at the same time through their lifeline & ACP combo plan. Once you enroll for the plan, you will get a free smartphone, free high-speed data, unlimited talk, unlimited texts. Additionally, you can be lucky to get a low cost Cintex tablet for only $10.01, based on your state and device availability.
Which Types of Government Phones and Tablets can I Get at the Same Time
The exact type of government phone and tablet to get is determined by a number of factors. For instance, product availability, your state or region, provider and consumer eligibility. However, you are most likely to receive some of the following devices:
- Apple Iphone7
- Apple IPhone 7 plus
- Samsung galaxy S9
- Tcl 10 5G
- Motorola G Stylus 2020
- Samsung galaxy A01
- Apple Iphone 6 plus
- Apple Iphone 6
- Samsung galaxy s8
- Alcatel revvl 5G
- Alcatel Joy Tab 2
- Alcatel Joy Tab
- Sky PAD8 Pro
- Samsung galaxy Tab 4
- Samsung galaxy Tab s3
Can I get a government phone and tablet at the same time from ACP?
No, its not possible to get a government phone and tablet at the same time through ACP plan. This is because the plan offers a one-time device discount per household.
Can I get a government phone and tablet at the same time from Lifeline?
No, it’s also not possible to get a government phone and tablet at the same time through lifeline plan only. This is because lifeline offers one free device per household.
What are the limitations of getting a government phone and tablet at the same time?
- To get a government phone and tablet, you must be an adult, above 18 years of age. If you are below 18 years of age, you must provide proof of emancipation.
- In addition, these benefits are limited to US residents only.
- These benefits are limited to low-income consumers or members of government assistance programs.
- These benefits are limited to one member per every qualifying household.
Will it cost me anything to get a government phone and tablet at the same time?
Yes, when getting a free government phone and tablet at the same time through Lifeline + ACP combo plan, most providers will require you to make a co-payment of $10.01 only.