Life without a phone can be hectic in these digital ages. Unfortunately, there’re large percentage of people that are still unable to afford these important devices. Luckily, the government is now offering free phones through certain providers. Besides, there’re carriers that offer free phone deals to their new and existing customers. Once you get your free phone, these providers allow you to activate your device for free. Therefore, it’s possible to get a free phone without activation fee as long as you meet certain qualification requirements. Have you been asking how can I get a free phone without activation fee? This article will provide all possible solutions. Therefore, stick with us to the end:
Get A Free Phone Without Activation Fee
Below are possible avenues through which you can get a free phone without activation fee:
1. Through government facilities
The good news is that you can get a free phone without activation through the government’s lifeline and ACP.
- Lifeline: This is a federal program that offers free phones and other services to qualified low income consumers. The program is in partnership with several consumers to offer these devices. Once you get your free device, your provider will activate it free of charge to enable you connect you to their network.
- ACP: This is another federal program that offers free or discounted broadband services and devices to low income eligible consumers. Similar to lifeline, this program collaborates with certain carriers to offer free devices like phones. Once you get your free phone, your carrier will then activate it for free to enable you access their network.
2. Through various carrier deals
Apart from government programs, there’re a number of carriers that offer free phones to their new and existing customers. In addition, these carriers will allow you to activate your free device free of charge. Continue reading these guide to know more about these carriers in a section below.
Steps Of Getting A Free Phone Without Activation Fee
Below are the steps to follow when getting a free phone without activation:
First of all, make sure you qualify for government’s lifeline and ACP. To qualify, make sure you come from a low income household whose total income is at or below 135% or 200% of the federal poverty guideline. You can also qualify if you participate in government aid programs like Medicaid, SNAP or supplemental security income.
Gather supporting documents
After you qualify, gather documents to support your eligibility. These are income supporting documents like paycheck stub. You can also get your government assistance program’s approval letter or statement of benefit.
Fill an application form
After gathering your application documents, you should now enroll for lifeline or ACP online or through mail as follows:
- Fill online: To fill ACP application form online, visit their application webpage: “getinternet.gov/apply?id=nv_home&ln=RW5nbGlzaA%3D%3D“, enter your address and contact information then follow prompts until you complete and submit your application.
To fill lifeline application form online, visit their application webpage: “getinternet.gov/apply?id=nv_home&ln=RW5nbGlzaA%3D%3D“, select your state or territory and follow instructions as required until you complete and submit your application form:
- Fill via mail : To fill lifeline application form via mail, visit this page, download and print a paper application form through visiting this link: “lifelinesupport.org/wp-content/uploads/documents/get-lifeline/LI_Application_NVstates.pdf“. Thereafter fill the form as required and mail to USAC, Lifeline support center, P.O Box 9100, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773.
To fill ACP application form via mail, download and print a paper application form through visiting this page: “affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/ACP-Application-Form-English.pdf“. Thereafter, fill to complete the form, attach relevant application documents and mail the form to: USAC, ACP support center, PO Box 9100, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773.
- Check your application status : After submitting your lifeline/ACP application form, the national lifeline verifier will review and give you a feedback within few hours. If they delay to give you approval, you should check your application status to determine what is causing the delay. To check your application status, contact lifeline/support center through the number: (877) 384- 2575
- Contact your service provider : After getting your lifeline/ACP approval, you should look for carriers that offer free government phones within your state. Thereafter, contact your provider and request for a free phone. The good news is that once you receive your free device, you can activate it for free through contacting your provider’s support team for assistance.
Providers That Offer Free Phones Without Activation Fee
If you want a free phone without activation fee, you can sign up with the following providers:
- Airtalk wireless: Airtalk wireless offers a free government phone through lifeline + ACP bundle plan. In addition, it allows you to activate your free phone free of charge so that you can get connected to their services. To get a free phone with free activation from this carrier, visit their official website and tap the apply button.
- Cintex wireless: This is another incredible provider that offers free phone and other services through lifeline + ACP bundle plan. Once you receive your free phone, the carrier allows you to activate it for free through a very easy process. All you need to do is contact their customer assistance and get guidance on how to activate your free phone for free.
- Assurance wireless: You can also get a free phone from assurance wireless lifeline program by visiting their official website and tap the sign-up button. Once you receive your free device, the good news is that you will also get a free SIM card. Thereafter, install your SIM card in your device and activate it for free.
- Safelink wireless: Safelink is a very committed lifeline service provider that offers free phone and other services to consumers that have met lifeline eligibility requirements. In addition, the carrier offers a free SIM card and free activation services. Once you receive your phone and SIM card, just install the card in your device to activate it for free.
- T-Mobile: Once you join T-Mobile, you will get a free switch phone after signing up to a qualifying plan. Besides, you will get a free SIM card. In most cases, you will receive your SIM card while already activated. All you need to do is install your SIM card in your device and you’re good to go.
If the SIM card is not activated, just install it in your device and follow on-screen instructions until your device is activated. The good news is that the process to activate your device is completely free.
How Do I Activate My Free Phone Without An Activation Fee?
The process of activating your phone is not only free but also simple. Here’re the steps to follow:
- Plug your device to a power outlet until its fully charged
- Once you charge your device, install your free SIM card
- Switch on your device and follow the provided instructions until your device is activated and ready to use.
What Types Of Free Phones Can I Get Without An Activation Fee?
- Samsung galaxy S9
- Apple IPhone 6
- Apple iPhone 7
- Apple iPhone 8
- Moto g sylus
- LG stylo 4
- Samsung galaxy S9 plus
- Apple IPhone 7 plus
- Apple iPhone 8 plus
- Google Pixel 6a
How can I avoid my free phone activation fee?
To avoid your phone activation fee, ensure you are first enrolled for lifeline or ACP program. That way, you will not pay anything to activate your device. Also make sure that you get your device directly from your service provider and not third-party phone retailers to avoid incurring any activation fee.
Can I bring my own phone and activate without an activation fee?
Yes, depending with your provider, you can bring in your own phone and activate it for free. All you need to do is ensure that your provider has BYOP program. Also, make sure that your phone is unlocked and compatible with the carrier.