Assurance Wireless is one of the reputable service providers in the United States. It is one of the best lifeline wireless service provider that offers several amazing services to qualified households. This carrier also offers budget-friendly cell phone plans and has a good network coverage despite being a Mobile Virtual Network Operator. In this case, it uses T-Mobile network to offers its services to all its customers. Besides Lifeline, assurance wireless also offers Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) benefits.
With all these benefits at hand, you might be prompted to join Assurance Wireless and start enjoying its services. The good news is that the process of applying for assurance wireless is so easy. As long as you qualify, you will have an easy time sending an application to assurance wireless. In this article, we will be discussing on how to apply for Assurance Wireless, documents required among other important information.
Assurance Wireless Lifeline And Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)
Like we have mentioned in the introduction part, this carrier offers Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) to all eligible customers living in the U.S. With this program in place, you will be able to get a free smartphone and discounted cell phone plans.
As far as the discounted cell phone plans are concerned, be certain that you will get 4.5GB of mobile data, 1000 minutes of voice, unlimited free texts, voicemail services, among other incredible offers.
However, if you reside in California, you might get 6GB of mobile data, alongside unlimited talk and text. These impressive offers will go a long way in reducing your overall cost of communication.
Eligibility Requirement for the Apply Assurance Wireless Lifeline And Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)
To be eligible for the Assurance Wireless Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), you should ensure that you have an income that stands at or is below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. Depending on your residential state, there is a need for you to check what your state’s Federal Poverty Guidelines state, and then establish whether you meet the much-needed threshold or not.
If you do not qualify via the low income criteria, trust that you can now qualify for Assurance Wireless service if you are a participant of a government assistance program. Some of the popular programs that can make you eligible include:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program(SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income(SSI)
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program(LIHEAP)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance(Section 8)
- Veterans Survivor Pensions Fund
- You are a beneficiary of the Free and Reduced-price school breakfast program or school lunch program
- You benefited from the Federal Pell Grant in the current award year
If you live on Tribal lands, be certain that you can now be eligible for the Assurance Wireless service. However, you should ensure that you are a participant of any of the following programs:
- Tribal Head Start(Only those individuals or households that meet the much-need income qualifying criteria are eligible)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families(TANF)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations(FDPIR)
Submit Required Documents To Apply Assurance Wireless Lifeline And Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)
When applying for the Assurance Wireless service, there is an array of documents that you should submit so that your application can see the light of day. To start with, you need to prove your identity by submitting copies of your personal documents.
When it comes to personal documents, you should ensure that your preferred documents contain your name in full, date of birth, place of residence, among other finer details. Here are some of the personal documents that you should submit during the application process:
- A copy of your passport
- A copy of your U.S driver’s license
- A copy of your Tribal Identification Number
- A copy of your Individual Taxpayer Identification Number(ITIN)
- A copy of your government-issued, state, Federal or Tribal ID
- A copy of your Social Security Number
- A copy of your birth certificate
Besides submitting the personal documents mentioned above, you need to submit copies of documents that show that you earn a low income or are a beneficiary of a government assistance program such as Medicaid, SNAP, SSI, Section 8, or any other Tribal-based program.
For instance, if you earn an income that stands at or is below 135%, the following are some of the documents that you should submit during the application process:
- A copy of your current income statement
- A copy of your prior year’s federal state or tax return
- A copy of your Veterans Administration statement of benefits
- A copy of your paycheck stub
- A copy of your Social Security statement of benefits
- A copy of your pension or retirement statement of benefits
If you are a beneficiary of a government assistance program such as SSI, SNAP, Medicaid or Section 8, consider submitting any of the following documents:
- A copy of your benefit verification letter
- A copy of your approval letter
- A copy of your benefit award letter
- A copy of your statement of benefits
Steps To Apply For Assurance Wireless Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)
When it comes to Assurance Wireless service application, you can freely get started by either doing it online or by mail. However, the simplest of it is to apply online as you can readily do so from the comfort of your home. All you need to do is to visit “assurancewireless.com” and then key in your ZIP code and then tap on the ‘Enter’ button.
If this carrier is available in your state, you will be redirected to a page where you will start the actual application process. Here, you will find the various Lifeline and ACP offers in your state. Review the benefits that you are likely to benefit and then click on the ‘Apply Now’ button.
By clicking on the ‘Apply Now’ button, you will be redirected to a page where you will see the online application form. Key in all the details as required and then attach copies of your personal and eligibility documents. Check and confirm that everything is okay and then submit your application form.
The carrier’s team on the other hand will be able to review your application and offer you a feedback response via email. If your application was approved, you will be able to receive you free Android phone via mail. Thereafter, you will start enjoying Lifeline or ACP benefits from the beginning of the next month’s billing cycle.
Process To Check The Status Of Assurance Wireless Application
Once you apply for Assurance Wireless service, you can now go ahead and check the status of your application. To check the status of your application, consider visiting “assurancewireless.com/my-account/check-status” and then key in your 6 to 10 digit account application identification number and your ZIP code.
By doing so, you will be able to know the date that you submitted your application and also whether your application was approved or not. In addition, you will be able to know when your free smartphone will be shipped to your address.
Services That Assurance Wireless Provide
Once you qualify for Assurance Wireless service, you will be able to get a free Android smartphone alongside the following other offers:
- 4.5 GB of free data
- Unlimited text
- 1000 minutes of voice calls
- Voicemail services
- Caller ID
- Call waiting
- Free access to 911
- Unlimited calls to 211 and
- Free calls to this carrier’s customer care team.
If you live in California, you will be able to enjoy 6GB of mobile data, unlimited talk, and unlimited text among other impressive features such as the ones mentioned above. The only feature that seems to have an upper hand here is the 6GB of mobile data as eligible customers living in other states only enjoy 4.5GB of mobile data.
Restrictions To Enjoying Assurance Wireless Service
As you purpose to apply for the Assurance Wireless service, there are certain restrictions that you must bear in mind. Some of these restrictions include:
- The benefits that come with this carrier’s Lifeline only apply to one person per household.
- For you to enjoy the benefits of this carrier’s service, you should ensure that your income stands at or is below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines or are a beneficiary of a government assistance program such as Medicaid, SSI, SNAP, Section 8 or any other Tribal-based government assistance program.
- The benefits that you are likely to enjoy from this carrier’s program cannot be transferred from one person to another.
- For you to continue enjoying the benefits of Assurance Wireless service, you will be required to recertify after every 12 months.
- To continue enjoying the benefits that come with this carrier’s Lifeline program, you will be required to use them at least once in every 30 days.
- A household can only enjoy the benefits from Assurance Wireless Lifeline service at a time. This means that the same household cannot be enjoying Lifeline service from another carrier out there while it still enjoying the benefits of Assurance Wireless Lifeline service.
Common Reasons For Disqualified Assurance Wireless Application
You might be disqualified from enjoying Assurance Wireless service due to the following reasons:
- You do not live in the United States
- You are not 18 years and above
- You are not a beneficiary of a government assistance program such as Medicaid, SSI, Section 8, LIHEAP, or any other Tribal-based program.
- Your income is above 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines
- You entered the wrong details during the application process
- You failed to submit copies of your personal and eligibility documents during the application process
- Supposing you opted to send the application form via mail, you sent it to the wrong address
- The soft copies of personal and eligibility documents that you attached to your online application form were blur. Ideally, they should be clear so that your application can be approved.
Which States Does Assurance Wireless Offer Its Services ?
Some of the states where this carrier offers its services include; California, Colorado, Oregon, Michigan, Maryland, District of Columbia, Delaware, California, Arizona, Alabama, Arkansas, Tennessee, Rhode Island, New York, Ohio, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Kentucky, Indiana, Florida, South Carolina, Georgian, North Carolina, Texas, Wisconsin, Washington, West Virginia, Utah, Minnesota, Virginia, among others.
Does Assurance Wireless Have A Good Network Coverage?
Yes. Although this carrier is a Mobile Virtual Network Operator, it has a good network, thanks to T-Mobile network towers. Unlike other carriers-Mobile prides itself in offering a good 4G and 5G coverage across the United States. With this network in place, you can be sure that you will remain connected, learn online, work online, access emergency healthcare services and so much more.
Which Government Phones Will I Get From Assurance Wireless?
Some of the government phones that you can get from this carrier include:
- ZTE Quest
- Alcatel OneTouch Cinch
- Coolpad Avail
- Wiko Life 3
- Wiko Life 2
- Kyocera Hydro Reach
- Alcatel DawnTM
- Unimax U673c
- Coolpad Legacy SRL51
- Coolpad Haylo
- Coolpad Belleza
- ZTE TempoTM X
- ZTE PrestigeTM 2
- Unimax U683CL
- ANS UL40TM