TruConnect is one of the best Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO) in America. The company offers quality and up-to-date smartphones, affordable plans, and hotspots to its consumers under T-Mobile network. Besides, TruConnect is one of the most reliable lifeline providers that give out free smartphones, free unlimited talk, text, and free international calling on behalf of the government. In case you are not familiar with lifeline, this is a Government program that helps low-income households in the US to stay connected for free or at a cheaper price. The program achieves this through participating providers like TruConnect and many others.
In addition, TruConnect is an Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) service provider. ACP is a limited time program that offers discounts on broadband services and connection devices like tablets. However, you must meet a number of requirements to get these benefits. Therefore, you can conclude that TruConnect offers eligible consumers the possibility to buy a discounted tablet through the ACP program. We have seen several consumers ask: how do I get Truconnect free tablet? In this guide, we have answered the question in detail. Therefore, read through to the end.
Does TruConnect Really Offer Free ACP Tablet?
As mentioned above, TruConnect is an ACP service provider that offers discounts on broadband internet services and connected devices like tablets. Therefore, TruConnect does not really offer free ACP tablets. Instead, it gives out discounted tablets that are cheaper and more affordable to acquire. Mostly, you get up to $100 discount on the tablet with a co-pay of $10 to $50. This makes it easier for low-income households to acquire a tablet without straining their budget.
Note that each qualified household is limited to one device discount. Also, the type and model of the TruConnect ACP tablet to get depends on the available options at the time of your application. Also, to get a TruConnect ACP tablet, you must be eligible for the ACP program. Below are ways to qualify for TruConnect ACP tablet.
How do I Qualify for TruConnect Free Tablet?
When applying for TruConnect free tablet, there is a section that requires you to prove eligibility. Therefore, you should first ensure you meet the following requirements before applying for TruConnect free tablet:
- Ensure you have an income that is below or equal to 200% of the federal poverty guideline. Since these guidelines differ from state to state, you should confirm your state’s federal poverty guidelines to be on the safe side.
- Alternatively, ensure you participate and benefit in any government assistance program. These programs are: Medicaid, Supplemental nutritional assistance or SNAP, federal public housing assistance, low-income home energy assistance program and veterans survivors’ pension fund among others.
- Alternatively, ensure you participate in any tribal assistance program such as bureau of Indian affairs general assistance, food distribution program on Indian reservations and tribally administered temporary assistance for needy families.
- Also, you can qualify if have received any federal Pell grant on the current award year.
- Also, you qualify if you have been approved to benefit from free and reduced price school lunch program or the school breakfast program. This is through the USDA community eligibility provision in 2021-2022 or 2020-2021 or 2019-2020 academic years.
- Finally, ensure you qualify to participate in any other existing low-income program.
How to Apply for the TruConnect Free Tablet
To apply for TruConnect free tablet, there are simple and well-outlined steps to take. However, have in mind that before starting the application procedure, always uphold integrity. Ensure you fill in accurate information and avoid forging certificates. This will prevent you from any illegal issues. Below is the simple process of applying for a TruConnect free tablet.
1. Confirm eligibility
Applying for TruConnect ACP tablet without meeting eligibility requirements is a waste of time. This is because your application will be declined instantly. Therefore, before starting the application process, confirm whether you meet at least one of the requirements described above on this page. Also, have in hold all eligibility documents to attach to your application form. Once ready, start the application.
2. Start TruConnect Free Tablet Application
This is the second step that requires you to fill ACP free tablet application form. To do this, you can print a mail-in application or apply online. Note that online application is the easiest and most convenient. Online application entails:
a. Through lifeline national verifier website
- From your browser, visit fcc.gov/acp
- scroll down to the page until you find “apply now”
- Tap “apply now’’ and you will be redirected to affordability connectivity program official page acpbenefit.org
- On the page click ‘’apply now’’ and start filling the form.
- Enter correct personal details including official name, address and date of birth
- Confirm whether you qualify independently or dependently.
- Tap “next” and provide email and password to create an ACP account.
- After, attach all the required eligibility documents and submit your form.
- Get approved for ACP discounts
- Contact your selected ACP provider. In our case, contact TruConnect, select your preferred plan and get your tablet discounts.
b. Through TruConnect official website
To avert the long procedure, you can choose to apply for TruConnect free tablet directly from their site as follows:
- Visit truconnect.com
- Fill the application form by entering your ZIP code and email address and click “enroll now”
- Fill your personal details like name, address, phone number, date of birth and click ‘’next’’
- If the system recognizes your state as an eligible state, you will be allowed to proceed with the application.
- After, attach ACP eligibility documents and submit the form
- Wait for approval and receive your ACP tablet.
Which Type of Tablet Does TruConnect Offer for Free or in Discounted Prices?
TruConnect, through the ACP program, gives out a discount of up to $100 to get a tablet through any active TruConnect ACP service plan. Therefore, if you have an income equal to or below 200% of the federal poverty guideline, or you participate in any assistance program, you get an opportunity to grab an 8 inch Google play certified android tablet with LTE connectivity. You can also be lucky to get another brand and model of tablet that is available at the moment. To inquire more about type of tablets available from TruConnect, you can contact their customer care team on 800-430-0443 anytime from Monday to Saturday 5 AM TO 9 PM PST.
In Which Areas Currently TruConnect Offers Lifeline and ACP Program?
TruConnect lifeline and ACP services are available to residents of California, Arkansas, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Nevada, Nebraska, Texas, Utah, Washington, Puerto Rico, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Georgia, Colorado, Arizona, and Wisconsin, New Jersey, Idaho, and US Virgin Island.
What Other Benefits do I get if I Qualify for TruConnect ACP?
As mentioned, TruConnect ACP program gives qualified consumers an opportunity to get a discounted tablet with LTE connection. Besides, the program offers other benefits based on available options and residential state. These benefits are:
- California free ACP plan that offers 14 GB of 4G/LTE data, 8 GB of additional data to lifeline plan and WIFI hotspot capability.
- Outside California free ACP plan that offers 12.5 GB 4GLTE data, 8 GB 4 G LTE data to lifeline plan and WIFI hotspot capability.
- TrueConnect standalone service or free ACP plan that offers 8 GB of 4GLTE data, WIFI hotspot and a selection of an LTE hotspot device.
- TruConnect ACP helps low-income households to work or study conveniently
- Trueconnect ACP makes it easier and affordable to seek healthcare services.
Which Network does TruConnect Use?
Since TruConnect is a virtual mobile network, it requires a standard service provider to operate. Therefore, it uses T-Mobile network to provide services to its consumers. Consequently, TruConnect offers excellent network services and coverage thanks to T-Mobile national wide coverage.
Can I Replace or Upgrade TruConnect with a Free Phone or Tablet?
Yes. If you want to upgrade your TruConnect free device to a more advanced device, you can easily upgrade through calling their customer care on 1 (800) 430-0443 or visiting any of their retail stores. Also, if you lost, damaged or your phone was stolen, you can replace it but at your own expense.
The process of getting a TruConnect free tablet is easy and straightforward. All you need to do is follow the procedure explained above and you are good to go. However, note that your TruConnect tablet is subject to availability. Also, during the application, you should avoid the use of forged copies or fake documents because your application will be banned instantly.