A few years ago, owning a mobile phone was a luxury. For the majority, the cost of acquiring a phone was the most worrying part. After all, they had cheap landline phone service for seniors before TracFone phones for seniors was introduced. This included prepaid cell phone plans that allow clients to pay for what they use. Currently, Tracfone is among the biggest cell phone carriers after Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T, and Sprint. For this reason, TracFone is the largest prepaid cell phone plan for new.
The company owns many other mobile networks operates like:
- Total wireless
- Page plus cellular
The company focuses on clients who are moderate phone users, usually 55 years and above. Before we go deep into learning more about Tracfone phones for seniors, let us briefly know about why a phone is necessary for seniors .
Reasons Having A Phone is Necessary For Seniors
As much as mobile phones have become an essential part of our daily lives, these gadgets are increasingly important for seniors. Below is a compilation of reasons why seniors should have a phone.
1. To seek medical help
More often than not, seniors are left alone to spend ample moments by themselves. In fact, most seniors love independency. While such independency is invigorating to them, it is equally risky. This is where a phone comes in handy. Since many seniors have health issues, having a phone around helps them to seek immediate help in case of a medical emergency. That is why TracFone for seniors are inscribed with emergency buttons for the quick press in case of any negative situation.
2. To stay in contact with friends and family
Since most seniors love to stay independently, having a phone is important as it helps them to stay in contact with family and friends. Sometimes, staying in contact with family and friends helps to reduce loneliness.
3. Helps to keep them safe
Safety is always a primary concern for seniors. Whether you are alone at home, out for a walk, or in the streets having shopping, having a phone helps to keep seniors safe. Knowing that they can easily seek help from the police, doctors, or even family, having a phone makes seniors comfortably safe. Also, a phone makes them easily traceable.
4. Helps to manage their health life
Most seniors suffer from memory loss. In such a situation, seniors are prone to forgetting crucial things like taking medication, going for a medical checkup, and so on. Another reason why having a phone for seniors is important is that most phones have medical alerts that vibrate reminding you to take medication. With a phone, you can also communicate with your doctor to ask for prescriptions or schedule appointments.
5. Helps to track their fitness journey
Phones are also important for seniors as most are inscribed with fitness features. These features allow them to take note of their daily steps, study heart rates, caloric intake, and sleep patterns.
Before we go deep into learning more about TracFone phones for seniors, let us briefly know about their plans and pricing.
Top 10 Best Tracfone Phones For Seniors in 2023
Tracfone, being one of the best communication company in the US, is known to provide an array of services to its customers. It offers cheap plans and different types of phone deals that are suitable for seniors. Some of these deals provide basic phones while others offer simple to use smartphones for seniors. Tracfone provides easy-to-use flip phones like the ALCATEL MYFLIP and the ZTE Z233. Their shops also have mid-range smartphones ranging from LG, Samsung, Motorola, and ZTE among others. If you need a low-cost smartphone, the company stocks cheap smartphones as low as $15. Below is a list of TracFone handsets that are perfect for seniors.
1. Tracfone LG classic flip ( L125DL)
This is one of the best basic phones for seniors from TracFone. It is a flip phone design that is made of quality and excellent display. Its screen has a screen display of 2.8 inches making it so easy for seniors to see what is on the screen. The phone is also suitable for seniors as it is built with a special SOS key that helps to send a signal during an emergency. It also has large key buttons and super audible speakers that make it perfect for seniors. This phone features the following;
- A large 2.8 inches display and o.0 inches internal display to ease its use
- Sufficient internal storage capacity of 8GB.
- Reliable camera of 2MP
- A lasting 1470 mAh battery that makes it work up to 6 consistent hour
- This phone is 4G enabled.
2. LG Journey
This TracFone locked smartphone has easy to use features that make it suitable for seniors. Thanks to its 5.45 inches full-vision display screen, seniors can easily read texts or any other content on the screen. This phone is also suitable for seniors as it has GPS features that help to track them down during an emergency. This phone features the following:
- An 8MP autofocus back camera and a 5MP front camera for capturing quality and professional pictures.
- 2 GB RAM plus a 16GB internal storage capacity that supports a microSD capacity of up to 32GB. This allows you to store all your content seamlessly
- 3,000 mAh battery capacity that allows a standby time of up to 13 hours. This makes it suitable for seniors who forget to charge their phones now and then.
3. Moto G play
This unlocked smartphone that is compatible with TracFone and supports Volte is also suitable for seniors. As you know, seniors are forgetful human beings and might forget to keep charging their phones now and then. As a result, moto G play is an ideal phone for seniors because it has a 5000 mAh battery that can survive 3 to 5 days with a single charge. This phone is also inscribed with a fast and responsive performance that makes it responsive to every swipe, touch, or tap. This makes it suitable and easy to navigate for seniors. The phone has the following features:
- It has 3GB RAM and 32GB memory space that allows your grandma to store useful apps and other content without lagging the phone.
- 13 MP dual-camera system for sharp, beautiful, and quality pictures
- A waterproof body that makes it safe and protected from water splash or rain
- 6.5 inches screen display that makes it easy to watch videos or video calls.
4. Samsung galaxy A51
This unlocked smartphone is also built with features that are best for seniors. With a large screen of 6.5 inches, seniors can easily read content, look for contacts or even see who is calling. The phone also features loudspeakers to enhance audibility. Samsung Galaxy A51 features the following:
- Quad rear camera of 48 MP+12MP+5MP+5MP and a 32 MP selfie camera with flashlight and HDR to take beautiful pictures and videos
- 4GB RAM and 128GB internal memory capacity that is expandable to 512GB
- A lasting battery and other special features like fingerprint scanner, face recognition, and fingerprint sensors.
5. LG K31 Rebel
This is a TracFone locked smartphone that is also inscribed with features that are suitable for seniors. The latter boasts of 3000 mAh battery that functions for a long with a single charge. This makes it convenient for seniors who keep forgetting to charge their phone now and then.
- A large 5.7HD Full-vision screen
- Quality 13 MP back and 5MP front cameras
- Internal storage of 32GB that supports up to 32GB micro USD.
- 2 GB RAM.
6. Alcatel Big Easy Flip Phone
This is one of the commonly used TracFone phones for seniors. It is also one of the best TracFone flip phones. This phone is specialized with easy features for seniors to use without strain. It had large numbers and a simple display, a long-lasting battery, alarm, and caller id features. Additionally, mp3 music entertainment feature is not left out. It also has a 2 MP camera and blue tooth connectivity.
- It has a long lasting battery.
- It has an alarm clock, Bluetooth connectivity, and clear 2 MP camera.
- Also It has mp3 music entertainment features.
7. Alcatel MyFlip
ALCATEL MYFLIP is a low-cost flip phone provided by Tracfone. The phone is available at $20 with any cell phone plan from Tracfone. Here are some of the specifications and features of the simple to use Tracfone flip phone for seniors.
- Features a 1350mAh lithium-ion and long-lasting battery
- Comes with a 2MP camera
- Uses 4G LTE speeds, preinstalled email, web, and even updated calendar.
- Features storage of 512M internal memory that can be extended to 32 GB using a micro SD
- Has a 2.8-inch display
- The handset supports CDMA technology.
8. Samsung T245G Tracfone
Samsung T245G is one of the reasonably priced handsets in the market. Clients can acquire this device for as little as $14.99. Additionally, it is packaged with double minutes for a life-free offer. This means that the subscriber who purchased the airtime minutes to this handset will receive double minutes.
The handset comes with an easy design and user interface. Additionally, the phone is easy to use in its software and hardware. It is a straightforward gadget that a person of any age can learn and master within hours.
It comes with physical traits that can help a senior with bad vision or hearing problems. Also It’s feature a large display with colors and a keypad with separated and large buttons. Additionally, the gadget is available in affordable price and with flexible plans. Samsung T245G is a handset you need to consider when searching for cheap cell phones for seniors.
- Comes with a 1.55-inch main display
- It has blue tooth connectivity.
- 0.3 megapixel VGA camera
- Messaging features
- Second display
9. Tracfone Alcatel A383G Big Easy Plus
As the name suggests, this phone is designed with easy and convenient features to use. The phone has large and well-lighted keys, large key buttons with enlarged numbers, and a good display screen. It has internet access with a 3 G internet speed, 2 MP clear camera, and mp3 music. The phone comes along with a cheap and affordable plan with no renewable contracts. The plan has calls, texts, and data services with an average price of 6-7 $ per month. However, the phone is normally sold differently from the plan. The phone comes with double minutes for life for text, web ad talk. No extra charges when making international calls to more than 90 states. Since the phone doesn’t include airtime, you can buy talk minutes from the Tracfone site or retail shop.
- Comes with one Alcatel A393G prepaid, and non-contract handset in retail package
- GSM network, 3G speed
- 2MP camera, large lighted keypad, Bluetooth, car charge
- Slightly-rubberized and non-slippery surface to prevent the phone from falling
- Double minutes for life for web, talk, and text
- No extra charges for international calls
10. Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky
This smartphone designed best for seniors. This phone has a large touch screen for easy display of its content. It has an android technology, with a very clear back and front camera. It comes along with 2 months or 60 days plan that provides 2000 text messages, 1000 call minutes, and 2 GB of data to seniors. This phone features:
- 16 GB internal memory capacity that can support up to 256 GB microSD memory
- 5.5 HD screen, 8MP back, and 5MP front cameras
- WIFI capability, Bluetooth, and mp3 player
- Lasting batteries.
Recommend Post: Free Government Cell Phone With Internet
TracFone Phone Plans And Pricing
Tracfone is one of the best MVNOs in the US that gives access to the most reliable 4G/5G networks. It offers both smartphone and basic phone plans with text and talk only. Although the company has no specific plans for seniors, it has a myriad of plans convenient for seniors to choose from. Also, these plans are cheap and affordable for seniors. Below are all plans and pricing from TracFone.
1. Basic Phone Pay As You Go Plans
Tracfone basic phone plans or pay as you go plans are the most suitable plans for seniors. These plans provide call and text services only with no data included. Mostly, they are meant for seniors or any other user who doesn’t want to upgrade to a smartphone. This plan starts as low as $8.99 + $0.99 upfront and increases up to $79.99 per month refill + $0.99 upfront.
To buy these plans, the user is required to purchase service cards with designated minutes of utilization and service days. The service cards come with a scratch-off code used to redeem and activate the talk minutes on the card.
The validity of TracFone basic phone plans is throughout the year. Also, when you make a call with these plans, deductions will be made from your overall limit. If you choose an auto-refill, the good news is that you will be able to save 10%. Also, TracFone is fair enough to customers in that if their subscriptions remain active, all minutes remnants will be carried forward to the next tenure. Below are examples of TracFone basic phone plans suitable for seniors :
- 30 minutes pay as you go plan: This plan goes for $8.99 per month plus an affront cost of $0.99. This plan offers free 30 minutes of talk, text, and web with no data deducted from airtime. It is a 30 days service plan with unlimited carryover of your remaining texts or minutes to the next month. The plan also allows subscribers to make international calls to over 100 countries with no international roaming, no hidden charges, no contracts and no overages.
- 60 minutes pay as you go plan: This is another basic phone plan that gives subscribers 90 days of talk, text, and web services. That means users are given the freedom of receiving automatic minutes after three months with TracFone. The plan also has the advantage of unlimited carryover of unused services to the next month. Another great advantage of this plan is that it helps you to save 10% discount when you enroll in their auto-refill services. Also, the plan incurs no hidden charges, no overages, and no contracts. With this plan, expect to receive 60 minutes of calls, text, web, and international calling services to more than 100 destinations for $19.99 plus $0.99 upfront.
- 120 minutes pay as you go plan: For $30 only, this plan gives you the privilege to enjoy 120 call minutes, text, and talk within 90 days of service. With the plan, you can also enjoy international calling services with a $10 global calling card. Fret not because similar to other plans, this one also allows users to carry over the remaining minutes to the next month. You also get 10% discount when you enroll in their auto-refill services. All you need is an account and a credit card.
- 450 minutes pay as you go plan: Finally, we bring to you this basic phone plan from TracFone that gives users text, web, and 450 minutes of call services. With this plan, you are also given the privilege to make international calls to more than 100 countries with no contracts and no hidden charges. The plan costs $79.99 per 3 months refill with $0.99 upfront.
Features of a basic cell phone plan
- Minute talk and text
- No overage fees, activation fees, cancellation fees, or contracts
- Countrywide coverage and the most reliable network
- International call services.
2. Tracfone smartphone plans
Tracfone service plan for smartphones features tiered packages of texts, data, and minutes. The same as the basic phone plans, the smartphone plans are acquired through airtime cards that feature service day limits. The plans have no overages, no contract, and the utilized data, texts and minutes will be rolled over to the next month. The major hardship with Tracfone plans for smartphones is that they don’t offer unlimited tiers for text and talk, which is a standard option for most MVNOs. While some users will find it expedient to easily switch the plan on notice without any charges, having your handset become useless when exceeding your card limit is old-fashioned. Below are examples of TracFone smartphone plans and pricing;
- $14.25 smartphone plan: For $14.25 per month and upfront of $0.99, this plan gives you 500 call minutes, 500 texts, and 500MB. This plan is suitable for seniors who want to use their smartphones for entertainment or social networking. With the plan, you get 5% discount when you enroll for an auto-refill with international call services to more than 100 countries.
- $20 smartphone plan: With only $20 per month, this plan allows you to enjoy 1GB data, unlimited text, and unlimited call services. The plan also offers international call services with unlimited carryover of your limited data. With the plan, there is no hidden charges, no overages, and no contracts.
- $25 smartphone plan: This is another 30days service plan that offers unlimited text, calls, and 2 GB of data for $25 per month. Besides, the plan offers international call services and 5% discount when you enroll in any of their auto-refill plans.
- Minutes for text and talk
- Limited service days ranging between 30, 60, 90, and 365 days
- Included data package
- No overage fees, no contracts, no cancellation or activation fees
- Countrywide coverage on the country’s biggest and most reliable network
Tracfone is the best alternative for senior people because it offers the cheapest cell phone plans for seniors with up to three months of services. Additionally, the company stocks many phones that are easy to use. Let’s look at the best Tracfone for seniors in the market.
Things to Consider When Buying Tracfone Phones For Seniors
If you have interacted well with your parents, you can tell that seniors are not well tech-oriented. Therefore, when buying a TracFone phone for seniors, the following factors should guide you into making the right choice.
- Voice capabilities : As you know, texting is not a thing for seniors. This mostly applies to seniors that face finger arthritis. As a result, most seniors prefer calling or the use of voice commands when communicating. This makes it crucial to consider voice capabilities when being a TracFone phone for seniors. Your ideal phone of choice should have audible speakers or voice command technologies like Siri on a smartphone.
- Ease of use : When buying a TracFone for seniors, you should ensure that it’s easy to navigate. This makes it easy for your grandparents to make a call, text, or communicate efficiently in case of an emergency. If you are getting a flip phone, it should have large key buttons that are easy to dial or text. For smartphones, an ideal phone for seniors should have easy-to-use apps, easy to touch screen, and shortcuts icons.
- Large screen : Talk of the screen, an ideal phone for seniors should have a large and well-lit screen. This applies to both basic phones and smartphones. Besides, the screens should display large and clear fonts for seniors to view without straining their eyes.
- Network coverage : Network coverage is another crucial factor to consider when buying TracFone for seniors. Although TracFone is a mobile virtual network operator that relies on major network towers, its services are not everywhere. Therefore, when buying any TracFone deal for seniors, ensure that your home area has TracFone services.
- Additional features : When buying a TracFone for seniors, always ensure that it has other special features like an emergency SOS button that makes it easy to dial and call for help when in trouble. For the TracFone smartphone, it should have special apps like fitness and health tracking apps. This is for setting important reminders or tracking your fitness and healthy lifestyle.
FAQ – Frequently Ask Questions
Is TracFone good for seniors?
Yes. Tracfone is no doubt good for seniors as it offers cheap, affordable plans and easy-to-navigate phones. In fact, most TracFone devices are basic flip phones that are considered the best for seniors. However, TracFone is good for seniors who need the least cellular services only.
Why TracFone phones are a great option for seniors?
Tracfone phones are a great option for seniors as they are built with seniors in mind. For instance, most TracFone phones are designed with a well-lit screen, urgent care connection, hearing aid compatibilities, powerful speakers, simple to use the menu, emergency buttons, and other additional safety features.
Does TracFone give a senior discount?
Unfortunately no. Tracfone doesn’t have any discounted plans that are specially made for seniors. However, all their plans are cheap and suitable for seniors. Tracfone phones are also low in cost and thus affordable and easily accessible for seniors.
Is a flip phone or smartphone better for seniors?
In our opinion, both flip phones and smartphones are good for seniors. More often than not, smartphones are ideal for seniors who are familiar with the latest technology. However, flip phones for seniors are better than smartphones. This is because flip phones offer simple communication functions that are not complex for seniors. Also, unlike smartphones, flip phones are cheaper, have a longer battery, and are easy to navigate making them better for seniors.
Does TracFone have a replacement or return policy?
Yes. All TracFone new phones that are bought from their official website come with a one-year warranty. Refurbishes TracFone phones also have a 60-day warranty. Therefore, if your TracFone phone is damaged but not damaged under normal use, you can return and get a replacement from TracFone wireless. Note that Tracfone’s return policy states that if you purchased a phone from TracFone and noticed any defect, you should return it for a refund or replacement within 30 days from the date of delivery. If you have any inquiries or need help with your TracFone phone replacement, you can call 1-800-867-7183 for assistance.
My final take is that Tracfone has the best phones and plans for all the financially strained seniors who cannot afford expensive phones and plans from other providers. As seen, their phones are designed with easy features to use without strain. It has no renewable contract, no monthly activation, and no credit check on its users. It is therefore important to consider TracFone providers when looking for the best cellphone for seniors.