You already know that Qlink wireless is one of the biggest telecommunication company that offers free wireless services in the US. The company offers these services through the lifeline and Affordable Connectivity program (ACP). Through ACP, Qlink offers monthly discounts on internet services and a one-time discount to purchase connectivity devices like tablets and so on. If you come from a low-income household, you are an eligible disabled or participate in any government aid program, you can get devices like the scepter 8 tablet from Qlink wireless.
Qlink wireless scepter 8 tablet is a basic electronic device that helps you to remain connected with your family or friends. This tablet avails reliable and high-quality features like a webcam, WIFI capability, and access to the internet. Besides, the tablet requires a very easy activation process that takes a fraction of your minute. Once you activate your Qlink Wireless scepter 8 table, you will enjoy not one but many services from QLINK wireless. If you don’t know how to acquire this tablet, we are here to help you. On this page today, we will help you understand the specs of this device, how to get it, and the documents required to access it. Without further ado, let’s get into it!
Qlink Scepter 8 Tablet Specification
Scepter 8 tablet is a Qlink network-enabled tablet that was specially manufactured to help Qlink customers that are struggling to access the internet. It is a WI-FI only enabled device that doesn’t support cellular connectivity. Regardless, this device is inscribed with amazing features that will leave you satisfied. It is built with an 8 inches screen display that is large enough for online studies, gaming, and watching videos. It has 1GB RAM size and 16 GB internal storage capacity that is expandable.
In addition, this device uses an android 11(go edition) operating system and a lasting battery of 3500 mAh. The latter boasts of other special features like Bluetooth connectivity, quality back and front cameras, built-in Microsoft, and in-keyboard.
|Brand||Q LINK WIRELESS|
|Series||Q Link Wireless Scepter 8|
|Display Size||8 Inches|
|Maximum Resolution||1280 x 800|
|Display Type||IPS LCD|
|Rear Webcam Resolution||5 MP|
|Storage Capacity||16 GB|
|Connectivity||Bluetooth, Headphone Jack, Micro-USB|
|Dimensions LxWxH||8.2 x 4.9 x 0.36 inches|
|Battery Capacity||3000-4999 mAh|
|Power Source||AC & Battery|
How Do I Get A Qlink Wireless Scepter 8 Tablet for Free
To get a Qlink Wireless scepter 8 tablet, you must be enrolled in the company’s ACP program. ACP is a federal communications commission program that was initiated to help low-income households afford internet services. It’s with no doubt that the internet is costly to access. As a result, ACP came in hand by offering $30 per month discount to qualified families and $75 monthly discount to qualified families in tribal land. This is through partnering companies like Qlink wireless. Besides, Qlink wireless ACP gives all qualified customers $100 discount to get tablets like scepter 8, laptops, or computers.
Note that this program was formerly known as EBB (emergency broadband benefit program). EBB program was also an FCC-initiated program that came to an end on Dec 30th, 2021. EBB is now ACP which will be operating for a long-term period. Note that unlike the former EBB with had an income limit of 135% of the poverty guideline, getting Qlink scepter 8 tablet through ACP requires you to have an income that is below 200% of the federal poverty guideline.
Way to Get A Qlink Wireless Scepter 8 Tablet Under ACP Program
Yes. As stated, you can get a Qlink wireless scepter 8 tablet under the ACP program. However, this tablet is not completely free. Once you qualify, Qlink will give you a one-time discount of up to $100 to purchase the tablet from their stores. Note that you will get this tablet on the condition that it’s available at the time of application. In case the tablet is not available, Qlink will give you another available model.
Note that there are conditions to get a Qlink wireless scepter 8 tablet under the ACP program. To get this tablet, you must come from a poor household. Also, you can get this tablet on the condition that no other member of your household is receiving ACP benefits. In addition, you must be residing in a state where Qlink services are available. These are states like Arkansas, Arizona, Georgia, Kentucky, Minnesota, Utah, Texas Vermont, Washington, Ohio, Nevada, Minnesota, and Missouri among others.
Eligible Guideline For ACP Qlink Wireless Scepter 8
There are different ways to qualify for ACP QLINK wireless scepter 8 tablet. To qualify, you must be a Qlink customer. Below are other ways to determine who’s eligible for the ACP Qlink scepter 8 tablet.
1. Based on your income
To qualify for ACP QLINK wireless scepter 8 tablet, you must have an income that is 200% or less than the federal poverty guideline. While these guidelines vary based on your state and family size, you should be aware of your family’s income limit to determine whether you qualify for ACP Qlink wireless scepter 8. This is as shown below:
|Family size||Alaska||Hawaii||Other states.|
2. If you participate in any government assistance program
If you disqualify for Qlink wireless scepter 8 tablet based on your income, you can still qualify if you participate in any federal or tribal land assistance programs. Some of the eligible programs are:
- Supplemental security income
- Federal public housing assistance
- Veterans pension and survivors benefits
- Supplemental nutrition assistance program also known as food stamps
- Free and reduced price school lunch program or school breakfast program,
- Federal Pell grant.
- Bureau of Indian Affairs general assistance
- Head start
- Tribal temporary assistance for needy families
- Food distribution program on Indian reservations.
3. If you are a lifeline program beneficiary
Lifeline is a federal communications commission program that was initiated to make communication services cheaper and affordable for low-income consumers. Similar to ACP, this program helps the poor, vulnerable, and low-income customers in the US. Therefore, if you are currently enrolled or lifeline, you automatically qualify to receive a Qlink scepter 8 tablet.
Documents Needed When Apply For ACP Free Tablet
ACP-free tablets are restricted to low-income customers. To prove that you are a low-income customer, you are required to attach eligibility proof while applying for your tablet. This is to inform of valid, clear, and up-to-date documents that coincide with your met eligibility rule. Due to increased rates of fraud, you are also required to attach personal documents to prove your identity. Here is a list of all documents needed to apply for ACP free tablet.
- Birth certificate
- US drivers license
- Green card
Income proof documents
- Child’s support award
- Pension statement of benefits
- Federal/tribal or state tax return copy
- Social security statement of benefits
- Veteran administration document
Government programs proof
- Medicaid cover letter
- SNAP approval letter
- Federal public housing benefit approval letter
- Federal Pell grants letter
Applying Guideline For ACP Free Tablet
The process of applying for ACP free tablet is so easy and straightforward. However, you should first confirm eligibility. This is by ensuring your meet any of the above eligibility criteria above. Once you confirm eligibility, get your documents ready. After, proceed with the application steps below:
- Visit Qlink wireless: To apply for ACP free tablet, you can opt to fill out an application form through ACP’s official website. This is by visiting acpbenefit.org/how-to-apply, locating a partnership company near you, and contacting them to select a plan. Alternatively, you can fill out an application form through the Qlink official website or any other preferred company. To apply via Qlink, visit qlinkwireless.com/enroll/register/contact-info/name and fill out the form.
- Prove Eligibility: Once you fill your application form with valid and correct details, attach eligibility documents. After, select a suitable plan and submit the form. Wait for approval and receive your free tablet.
Qlink Wireless Scepter 8 Tablet User Guide
Once you receive your Qlink wireless scepter 8 tablet, you should take the time to know it. This is as crucial as it helps you get familiar with your device. Here is a well-explained user guide that will help to know your tablet.
- It has a “power” button that helps to sleep, wake up, start up, and start down your tablet. To sleep and wake your gadget, just short press the power button. To start and shut it off, you are required to long-press the power button.
- It has a volume up (+) and volume down (-) button to reduce and increase the audio volume of your tablet.
- The latter has a home button (home) and back button (back). Its home button helps to return the device to the main interface while the back button helps to return it to the previous menu.
- It has a settings button that helps to display the most and recently browsed history
- Has a quick setting feature with nine shortcut icons that are found when you swipe down the screen. With these icons, you can hastily access auto-rotate, Bluetooth WIFI, battery settings, and so on.
Who manufactures the scepter 8 tablet?
Qlink wireless is the manufacturer of this amazing tablet. Launched 11th of May 2021, Qlink wireless manufactured this tablet to help struggling families in the US remain connected.
Does scepter 8 tablet support SIM Card?
No. scepter 8 tablet does not support SIM card as it is a WIFI only enabled tablet. In fact, this device is built with no internal cellular radio baseband and no Sim card slot.
How do I speed up my scepter 8 tablet?
Just like any other tablet, it’s possible to have a slow and lagging experience with the scepter 8 tablet. This mostly happens if you have too many apps installed on your tablet making its performance suffer. When this happens, you can speed up your scepter 8 tablet by getting rid of unwanted apps or any other content to clear up some space. Alternatively, you can speed up your tablet by updating its software or by clearing cached data.
Why should you use a scepter 8 tablet?
There are a number of reasons why you should use the scepter 8 tablets. First of all, the tablet is easy and cheap to acquire. As long as you meet Qlink ACP eligibility rules, you are good to go. Thanks to its WIFI capability, you can use this tablet to connect to the internet, browse, stream, download and upload among other benefits. You should also use the scepter 8 tablet as it gives you the privilege of enjoying discounted internet services for virtual classrooms, online business, and virtual emergency services among others. With this tablet, you will also be allowed to access the largest 4G LTE/5G America’s network and enjoy free unlimited talk and text.