Since teaching has been regarded as a great profession to society, they have been building the nation with their experience and depth of knowledge. They have been using the board and marker to educate pupils. But as the world is growing faster and more knowledge needs to be gathered within seconds, laptop computers are getting regarded as the most reliable and mandatory teaching assistant to the respected teachers. Hence by mentioning computers, we are seeing that the laptops are filling this demand properly-being portable computers.
Additionally, for the ongoing pandemic situation, online teaching, remote classes, and video learning have great value to ensure the best virtual learning. To deliver lessons and the examination process the teacher only depends on online to fulfill the teaching needs. That’s why they demand a fast and convenient device to accomplish tasks. Hence a laptop is the most efficient and portable device for teachers. They want a computer with a powerful processor, enhanced graphics support, Wi-Fi facility, webcam, and a large amount of RAM. And all these are available on a laptop as a combined package. Having a good laptop is helpful to conduct lessons, PowerPoint, save files, editing during class, research, and many more.
Here the article is written to focus on the need of teachers in a trustworthy laptop. We are going to mention the Best laptop for teachers.
Why do Teachers Need Laptop
Teachers find the laptop easier to engage with students. Laptops fit smoothly for collecting and sharing data, sending them too many users at a time, and many more. Here we will find the reasons why teachers need laptops.
- For Lesson Plan: A laptop is extremely handy, especially for a teacher. The most obvious task is making a lesson plan. There are a variety of courses, notes, and data. Here a laptop is the easier option to share a file with everyone online. Though laptops are portable, the teacher finds it helpful to make lessons even in his room, outdoor, cafe, or other places.
- Designing presentation: For a teacher, presentation is the main part of the class. With useful software, a laptop is useful to make presentations even on the go. There is no doubt, you have to do lots of things at a time, but the laptop will allow you to manage everything smoothly. A laptop helps the teacher to prepare his research materials even if he or she is busy traveling.
- For video class: Video classes are creative ways to engage students in a large amount. This type of professional and easygoing method keeps students focused and motivated. For professional development and potential projects teachers always depend on high-quality laptops.
- Improving session: For professional experience, technology is always better. Teachers can use a laptop as a projector with PowerPoint and make the lesson visible and effective. Even nowadays classrooms have gone entirely digital. Just connecting the laptop to the projector turns the ordinary classroom into a multimedia one. Then a teacher can present the whole universe to the students practically. Having a high-quality class experience and advanced online materials provide intensive positive feedback.
8 Best Performance Laptop Review For Teachers
Laptop is compact and portable and for a teacher, a laptop can be a good teaching assistant. Besides, for advanced computer skills, professional classes, and online teaching, a laptop is the most essential gear. Depending on a teacher’s need, we have made a list of the best laptops for teachers. Those lightweight and powerful laptops can be perfect devices for online classes.
1. 2020 HP 15 15.6”HD Touchscreen Premium Laptop
This HP Touchscreen Laptop comes with a professional upgrade and excellence. The model is pretty cool. The weight of this laptop is 4.85 lb or 2.2 kilogram which is great for a teacher as he or she moves from class to class.
It comes with a sleek metal body and high definition (HD) 15.6” diagonal display which is a fully micro-edge WLED backlit touchscreen, flexible to use. The resolution of the display is 1366 x 768 which provides the micro-edge HD brilliant view. This 2020 HP features the super-fast 10th generation Intel core i5 processor which is widely used for great performance. The 1035g1 quad-core processor has turbo boost technology with 1.0 GHz to 3.6 GHz frequency.
We call it a faster laptop because of its ultrafast hardware interface. The solid-state drive (SSD) will give you a faster file transfer experience in seconds. The internal M 2 512 GB solid-state drive is to perform for your higher inputs. The 16 GB DDR4 RAM will never underperform your inputs.
There are all the ports available to meet your requirements. One HDMI, one headphone/microphone combo, 3 USB 3.1 data transfer ports and one AC pin for charging.
- Competitive performance comparing to the price
- Easy to carry; it is lightweight.
- Built-in HP customer service application
- Built to perform multitask smoothly
- No installation of useless application, so the memory doesn’t get occupied
- Can’t run most of the popular games
- Confirm if the Wi-Fi chip is ok before ordering
2. Microsoft Surface Pro 6 (Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, 128GB)
Microsoft brings this iconic laptop to the market to meet the demand of both style and performance. It has versatility in the modes as you can choose the studio and laptop mode according to your comfort. It means you will be able to use it on all laptops, tablets, and studio modes. You will get the Windows 10 home operating Software.
The display size is 12.3” with 2736 x 1824 resolution specialized with PixelSense technology. The 1.7-pound laptop is so ultra slim light to carry in any condition. The iconic surface pen lets you write and draw with precision ink naturally. The UHD graphics from Intel will give you a natural and smooth display.
It has the 8th generation Intel Core i5 processor. They also offer core i7 processors for customers. The RAM is 8GB and the solid-state drive is 128 GB. Here Surface Pro 6 has larger RAM and storage options also in case you demand.
The two face authentication cameras are front-facing and rear-facing. The battery is 5 hours on average and 13.5 hours in playback mode.
In Surface Pro 6 you will get a built-in USB 3.0, headphone jack, MicroSD card reader, Surface connects ports, etc.
- Excellent contrast ratio
- Features sRGB color mode also
- Great for photo and video editing
- You can switch between tablet and laptop mode
- Super lightweight with several user options
- No Fingerprint scanner
- The price is pretty high.
3. Lenovo IdeaPad 3
Lenovo brings this laptop for customers who want a sustainable laptop at an affordable price. It comes with a 14 inches full HD display with 1920 x 1080 resolution. The narrow side bezels give less clutter and maximum viewing area.
The processor is the well-known AMD Ryzen 5 3500U, Dual-core with 2.40 to 3.30 GHz frequency. They provide the DDR4 RAM of 8GB memory; the memory speed is 2400MHz.
The hard drive is a Solid-state drive of 256 GB of storage capacity. The 3.3 pounds laptop runs on The Windows 10 operating system. The .3 megapixel camera has a privacy shield while being used as a webcam. There are 3 USB A-type ports, 1 HDMI port, 1 Headphone port, and 1 S card slot.
- Price is affordable
- Great typing experience with the comfortable keyboard
- It’s light and easily portable
- Attached all the ports a teacher needs
- The DDR4 RAM of 8GB memory
- The screen is not that much brighter
- Less powerful battery
4. Apple MacBook Air
MacBook Air is Apple’s thinnest, lightest notebook acclaimed for its cutting-edge design. It has a 13.3-inch retina display with a maximum of 2560 x1600 pixels that make you feel like unreal colors with great details. You will see the vibrant colors with sharp and clear texts. Though it’s pre-used, renewed almost like new.
The newest technology Apple added to this Laptop is the mighty M1 Chip which includes the CPU, GPU, and other engines in one small chip. Apple calls this chip their pride as it’s featured for the first time on any device.
The performance of the 1.6 GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 8th generation processor will blow your mind. 8GB RAM and 128 GB Solid State Drive (SSD) is well enough for a teacher. The battery is well built to serve up to 12 hours as average performance and works as an all-day assistant. For external use, it has USB type C and a thunderbolt port.
This laptop is run by MacOS 10.14 operating system. Any respected teacher can carry this 2.75-pound lightweight device. Instead of installing any cooling fan, Apple used heat spreader technology to avoid any noise created by the fan. The aluminum-made heat spreader dissipates the heat that makes your work smoother and noise-free.
- Very thin and lightweight
- Superbly fast with M1 Chip
- Noise-free technology
- Wakes instantly from sleep
- Can attached to projector
- The battery might serve 80% of the performance
- It’s not renewed by Apple certified professionals
5. ASUS VivoBook Pro thin and Light Laptop
The mighty 8th generation Intel processor makes Asus Vivobook Pro one of the highest-reviewed laptops in the market. The processor is Core i7-8550U of 1.8 GHz (up to 4.0 GHz). Its multitasking facilities come from 16GB DDR4 RAM, 33 percent faster than DDR3. The Windows 10 driven VIvoBook features an M2-type solid-state drive of 256 GB and a 1 TB combined storage capacity. The Asus VivoBook is always the first choice for gaming facilities.
The NVIDIA GeForce gaming-grade graphics is perfect for high-end software using teachers, pro gamers, movie lovers, and video editors. The dual fans cooling system is added to help teachers work in multitasking mode with a full load. This intelligent technology can deliver maximum cooling effort with less noise.
The flawless visuals from VivoBook Pro can make anyone astonished. The display is 17.3 inches with HD wide-view technology. You can get accurate colors for any type of content. To connect devices you will get USB ports including 3.0 and 2.0, HDMI, and headphones.
- A fine balance between price and performance
- Great for Multitasking
- Double cooling fans to run smoothly
- Energy Efficient
- Can use high end software
- Less durable Battery
- Poor Customer service
6. Acer Aspire E 15 Laptop
Acer designed this laptop for professionals like teachers, academics. The company manufactured this one for durable service and fast output. The display is 15.6 inches which are pretty big for monitoring the data on a broader canvas. The LED-made screen resolution is 1920 x 1080 pixels. The processor is strong enough to perform for a teacher as it is Intel-made Core i5-8250U of 8th generation which can give up to 3.4 memory speed.
The speedy DDR4 8 GB RAM is installed as faster memory. And the storage capacity is made stable and faster by installing a Solid State Drive (SSD) of 256 GB. The Windows 10 operating system-based laptop features a 2 GB NVIDIA GeForce graphics coprocessor that will boost up your hardware functions properly.
This budget laptop has a smooth and interactive touchpad that a teacher can command with comfort and confidence. Since teachers need longer use to give lectures or online classes, the Acer Aspire E 15 laptop can work up to 15 hours on average. Other external features a teacher can have in this laptop are Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, USB 3.1 Type C, 2 USB 3.0, USB 2.0, HDMI, SD card reader slot, and headphone microphone slot.
- Designed this laptop for professionals
- SSD is super faster and stable
- The matte finish helps to use even under sunlight or heavy room light
- Adjusted all the necessary ports including HDMI for projector
- As faster memory
- Bit heavier to carry
- You will not get that much style in design on this laptop.
7. 2020 Apple MacBook Pro with M1 chip
If you talk about power and speed The Apple MacBook Pro is the best option for you or the best laptop for teachers. Again the M1 chip which Apple calls a giant leap is the new state-of-the-art technology that integrates the key components in just a small body and makes the MacBook lightweight. Both 8 core CPU and GPU take the heavy workloads with the fastest speed ever. This graphics processor delivers 5 times better graphics performance.
In terms of Machine learning, the MacBook Pro brings several artificial intelligence-based programs to uplift the automation and makes your work smoother. The 8 GB RAM and 256 GB SSD Storage capacity will work for you smoothly. You can expand the storage up to 2 TB. The 3 pounds MacBook has both the touch bar and touch ID system.
Another great feature is the durable battery can accompany you up to 20 hours which is the longest in any Mac. The 13.3-inch retina display will show you the image with great detail and is realistic. The 2560 x 1600 resolution will show you the vibrant colors as the black will be deep black and white will be bright. The MacOS based laptop has the webcam, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth feature as usual.
- Superfast performance with Machine learning assistance
- Longest battery life ever
- The display is Flawless and looks realistic
- Storage capacity can be expandable
- Take the heavy workloads with the fastest speed ever
- RAM is not expandable to more than 16GB
- Two USB ports only
8. DELL Inspiron 14 500 2-IN-1 LAPTOP
Dell brings this 2-in-1 Inspiron for those who have to work on the go. It looks good for its compact and sleek size. It lets you choose both the tablet and laptop mode according to your user environment.
The HD resolution-based display is 14 inches that has a wide viewing angle and will show you true color experience. The 8th generation Intel Core i5 processor is installed for greater function. The RAM is 8 GB DDR4 and the storage capacity is 1 TB which is in the hard drive version.
It runs on both Windows 10 and Windows 10 Pro operating systems. The touchpad is smoothly interactive. The 4 pounds 2-in-1 is facilitated with USB 2.0, USB 3.0 ports as well as HDMI and headphone ports.
- The Dell Mobile Connect feature is added to access multiple devices
- The touchpad works like sign command.
- Compact and sleek size
- HD resolution-based display
- 8th generation Intel Core i5 processor
- Speed is a maximum of 1.8 GHz only.
- The display resolution is tough for games or editing
Major Features to Look at Before Buying A Laptop for Teachers
As we all know that we should consider the fact before buying anything that the reason behind buying this item. For teachers, there are several facts and requirements to keep in mind. The recent pandemic situation changed the way of the classroom. Teachers have to take the class online through their laptops. Some of it should be taken into consideration.
- Webcam: Historically webcams were just an additional option for minimal use only. But nowadays the webcam plays a pivotal role in communications. Especially For Pandemic situations, physical class is replaced by online class and teachers-students joining class through application-based video calls so that both sides can see and interact with each other and a teacher can monitor his students live. To confirm the laptop’s webcam performance make sure a quality webcam with better resolution. For a better and clearer view make sure the model has an HD webcam.
- Battery Time: As a teacher, you might have to work through a long process that needs a longer time. From making teaching materials ready to take exams and assess the students’ performance, you will have to work the whole day on your laptop. Moreover, additional software like teaching assistants and video calling features usually need more power. So make sure the laptop has a long-lasting battery that can let you teach your students without worry. We suggest 4 hours working backup is suitable to order and our list fulfills this requirement.
- RAM: For smooth output we recommend 8GB RAM to prefer. Our list given above has all the 8GB to 16 GB RAM. Keep in mind that Nowadays most modern software requires a minimum of 8GB RAM.
- Storage: Although Solid State Drive is costly, we recommend it to prevent data loss and smooth run. The capacity should be more than 256GB and higher would be better for storing recorded lectures.
Do Teachers Get Discounts on Laptop
It is quite possible to get a discount whether you are a teacher or in another profession. In this ongoing situation, the laptop is the perfect device to maintain an online class or home office. Nowadays, people focus more on laptops rather than other devices. Teachers can get some discounts easily because some brands are promoting healthy discounts. We have mentioned some brands who are giving discounts. Luckily, there are several company who are giving discount to teacher. Check the brand of HP, Dell, Apple computer etc. Browse the offer and get discount.
Teachers become overwhelmed while choosing the best laptop. For teaching online, a perfect laptop can solve all the matters. Before purchasing a laptop, you should check some aspects that can meet the demand of all types of teaching materials. Don’t forget to keep the most important factors in your consideration while buying one for you. Battery life, storage capacity, screen size; you should strongly check all the important factors.
We hope our guides will help you to make purchasing the best laptop for a teacher. Check all the major and minor facts we mentioned and enjoy your next class in front of the students. However, our list can help you to pick the best laptop for teachers. A good pick can save a hefty amount of cash.