Red pocket is a reliable mobile virtual network operator that is very common for offering free mobile phone services to eligible low income households is the US. If you just subscribed to this company and wondering whether you can get a free government phone as an eligible subscriber, this guide is for you. Unfortunately, we are dispirited to inform you that red pocket does not offer free government phone for now. This is because red pocket is not a lifeline participant, a program that is known to help low income households get a free government phone. However, we are hopeful that red pocket may turn out to be a lifeline participant in the future.
Although red pocket is not a participant of lifeline program as of now, the carrier is a very reliable affordable connectivity program. From this program, you will be able to get free phone services from the government. To be precise, you will get free unlimited talk services, free unlimited text and free 10GB of data every month. From red pocket ACP, you will also enjoy free international calling service, 5G of nationwide coverage and an exceedingly cut-rate tablet. Keep reading this guide to know more about red pocket free government phone.
About Red Pocket ACP Program
As we have revealed above, Red pocket is not a lifeline participant for now, but is a reliable ACP participant. As you probably know, ACP is a State’s congress program that was initiated to help low cost qualifying households afford internet connections and mobile phone services. This program offers these services through eligible service providers like red pocket.
Happily, Red pocket ACP has 5G GSMA network services across several states in the US, with most of their services covering the rural areas. Once you qualify for red pocket ACP, you will be able to get free high speed data, free unlimited text and free unlimited talk every month. In addition, you will get up to $100 towards purchasing a tablet from this carrier. This will enable you get a quality red pocket tablet from as low as $19. Note that all these services are provided off hidden fees and Taxes. Keep reading to know how to qualify for this program.
Eligibility Requirement to Enjoy Free Government Phone Service via Red Pocket ACP Program
To enjoy the above discussed services from red pocket ACP program, you are required to meet at least one of the ACP eligibility criteria. Below are the eligibility requirements to enjoy free government phone services through Red pocket ACP:
- To qualify for Red pocket ACP, you must have a total income that is at or below 200% of the federal poverty guideline.
- Alternatively, you can qualify for red pocket ACP if you participate in any federal assistance programs. Examples of these programs are:
- Medicaid program
- Federal Public Housing Assistance Program
- Supplemental security income program.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit program
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children or WIC program)
- Free & reduced-price school breakfast or school lunch program
- If you have ever received a federal Pell grant in a current ward year
Apart from these programs, you are also considered eligible for red pocket ACP benefits if you are eligible for any tribal land program. Examples of these programs are:
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families or tribal TANF program
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance program
- Tribal head start program
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations program
Documents that Need to Submit Enjoy Free Phone Service via Red Pocket ACP Facility
In addition to meeting Red pocket ACP eligibility, you are also required to provide some documents in order to access free ACP phone services. These documents are purposely meant to prove that you are qualified for ACP facility. It’s crucial to mention that you should always submit documents that are parallel with your eligibility criteria. For instance, if you qualified based on your income, you should attach documents with proof that your total income is below 200% of the federal poverty guideline. If you qualified through program, you should attach documents with proof that you receive benefits from your respective program.
In addition, the FCC requires you to prove your identity and address as one of the measures to mitigate application fraud. This is through attaching your personal and address proof documents. Below is a list of documents needed to enjoy free phone service via red pocket ACP facility?
- Birth certificate
- Permanent resident card or Green card
- U.S driver’s license
- Certificate of naturalization or U.S citizenship
- Government-issued, state, tribal or military ID.
- Utility bill
- Mortgage or lease statement
- Tax return or W-2
- Medicaid award letter
- SNAP verification letter
- SSI benefit approval letter of any other federal or tribal program participation evidence.
- Current income statement
- Your prior year’s state, Tribal or Federal tax return
- Your paycheck stub
- Social Security statement of benefits
- Pension or retirement statement of benefits
The process to Apply for Red Pocket Free Phone Service
One greatest advantage of Red Pocket is that it has a very easy and concise process of applying for free phone service. All you need to do is establish qualification and get your application documents ready. Next, visit Red pocket official website “redpocket.com/assist”, tap “apply now” button and follow prompts to finish your application. After application, Red Pocket will give you an approval notice within 48 hours and later send your red pocket skater Kit through mail.
Any Benefits that Come with Red Pocket Free Phone Service
As aforementioned, there are numerous benefits that you shall get once you qualify for Red Pocket free phone service. For instance:
- You will get free unlimited call services every month
- You will get free unlimited texts every month
- You will get up to 10 GB of free high speed data every month
- You will get a low-cost tablet
- You will access tax free services
- You will access free international calling services across 80+ countries
- You will enjoy 5G nationwide coverage
Any Restrictions Associated with Red Pocket Free Phone Service
Similar to other ACP facilities, red pocket also has restrictions towards receiving their ACP benefits. Just as directed by the FCC, Red pocket ACP benefits are restricted to low income households or members of any government programs.
In addition, Red pocket ACP benefits are restricted to one member per household. These benefits are also non-transferrable among other members. These benefits are also restricted to one-time every month. This excludes tablet discount, which is a one-time affair.
Carriers that Offer Free Government Phones
Since we have stated that it’s not possible to get a free government phone from Red pocket as of now, time is here to mention carriers that you should enroll to get a free government phone. These carriers offer free government phones through ACP, lifeline or ACP & lifeline combo. All you need to do is qualify for these programs and you will be good to go. Here’s an example of these carriers:
- Airtalk Wireless
- Airvoice Wireless
- Assurance Wireless
- Cintex Wireless
- Life Wireless
- Qlink Wireless
- Access Wireless
- Safelink Wireless
Are There Other Ways to Get a Free Phone?
Besides the above-discussed carriers, there are other ways through which you can get a free phone. This is as discussed below:
- You can get a free phone from various non-profit organizations that offer the much needed help to the needy in the society
- You can get a free phone by enrolling for online contexts
- You can get a free phone for standing in as an influencer
- You can get a free phone by enrolling for carriers that offer free phone deals for their free or existing customers.
- You can get a free phone by asking for help from your local church, library or well-wishers form platforms like Craigslist.
Ways to Maximize Chances of Enjoying Red Pocket Free Phone Service
To maximize your chances of enjoying your red pocket free phone service, follow these measures:
- Ensure you come from a low-income household with an income at or below 200% of the federal poverty guideline or ensure you participate in any government assistance program
- Ensure you live in the US and within red pocket coverage areas
- Make sure you attach all correct, valid and clear eligibility, personal or address documents
- Ensure the details in your application documents matches all the information that you provided in the application form
- Ensure you are above 18 years
- Ensure there is no other member of your household that is already receiving ACP benefits.