When phones were introduced to the public for the first days, they were not considered necessary. Instead, they were considered bulky, expensive, and luxury devices to own. As the word of phone technology advanced, the importance of using these devices increased accordingly. In fact, we are in a world where living without a phone is nearly impossible. These devices have now become a necessity as their roles have gone way beyond making and receiving calls. There are several benefits of owning a phone, from facilitating communication, attending online classes, providing users storage, entertainment, and conducting business. Due to these devices’ increased roles, they have become exceedingly expensive. Although a larger percentage of American citizens own a phone, several families or individuals still can’t afford one.
As a result, the government authorized several programs to give free phones and other wireless services to all needy families in the US. Government programs like a lifeline and affordable connectivity program (ACP) are now issuing free phones, free tablets through participating companies like Trueconnect. TruConnect is one of the best lifeline and ACP service providers that offers not one but many free wireless services to eligible families. To get these services, you must come from a low-income family or be a participant in any government aid program. Qualified customers can get free TruConnect services like unlimited talk, text, free data, and a free phone. Follow us to the latter to know how to get TruConnect free phones, types of phones available, and how to qualify.
About Trueconnect Offer Free Government Phone
As mentioned above, TruConnect offers free government phones through lifeline and ACP program. Lifeline is a federal communications commission program established to help communication services affordable to qualified consumers; this program partners with several wireless service providers in the US, TruConnect among them. ACP is also a federal communications program that offers discounts on broadband services and communication devices to qualified users through participating providers like TruConnect. From the TruConnect ACP program, you can get a free phone, monthly data, and WIFI hotspot.
On the other hand, truconnect lifeline offers a free phone, unlimited talk& text, 14 GB monthly data and free international calling. However, not everyone is qualified to get truconnect government phones as they are strictly meant for low income families. Therefore, you must show income proof or program participation proof before getting these phones. Also, only one free government phone is allowed per household.
Steps to Getting Truconnect Free Phone
TruConnect offers a free phone through lifeline program to around 36 states in the US. However, to receive your free phone, you must enroll for TruConnect lifeline online. After, you can apply for your free phone on the condition that you meet their eligibility guidelines. The first step of getting TruConnect free phone is confirming eligibility. This is by ensuring you meet the following eligibility criteria.
Since it’s possible to get TruConnect free phone from both ACP and lifeline programs, you should meet the eligibility criteria of either. Although TruConnect ACP and lifeline are both FCC programs with similar roles, their eligibility criteria are slightly different. This is as seen below.
Lifeline eligibility criteria
To get TruConnect free phone from lifeline, you must have a low income that is below 135% of the federal poverty guideline.
Alternatively, you can qualify if you receive help from any of the following government aid programs:
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance(BIA)
- Tribal Head Start
- Food Distribution Programs on Indian Reservations(FDPIR)
- Tribally Administered Temporary Assistance for the Needy Families
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (Section 8)
- Medicaid or Medical Assistance
- SNAP (Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program)
- SSI (Supplemental Security Income)
- Veterans Survivor Pension fund
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program(LIHEAP)
ACP eligibility criteria
If you opt to apply for TruConnect free phone from the ACP program, you must come from a household with a total income below 200% of the federal poverty guideline.
Alternatively, you must have received a federal Pell grant or free award given to bachelor’s undergraduate students that have displayed exceptional financial difficulties in their families.
You can also qualify for TruConnect phone from ACP if you or your household have been approved for the free or reduced-price school lunch program or school breakfast program.
Also, you might qualify if you are disabled with verified proof from a reputable health institution. This is because the federal communications commission confirmed that ACP discounts will be available to persons with disability on the condition that they verify their disability.
Finally, you also qualify if you or your dependent participate in federal and tribal government assistance programs.
Documents Required For True Connect Free Phone Application
When applying for TruConnect free phone, be ready to gather several documents. This is because a stage requires you to attach eligibility proof paperwork. If you qualify based on your income, you should attach pokerwork with income details. The same applies to consumers that qualify based on program participation. You also need to attach documents to prove your identity. Below is an exhaustive list of acceptable documents when applying for a TruConnect free phone.
This is where you attach copies of documents holding your identity. This should be paper works with your valid name, social security number, and date of birth. Some of these paper works are:
- Birth certificate
- Government issued ID
- Driving license
- A copy of document with your residential details like utility bill, mortgage or lease statement.
Here, you are required to attach documents that hold your income details. These documents intend to prove that your total income is below 135% of the federal poverty program. As per the federal poverty guidelines 2022, your document should show an income limit of $18,347 for one member, $24,719 for 2, $31,091 for three, and $37,463 for 4 family members. To know your eligibility income limit, visit lifeline’s official page “https://www.lifelinesupport.org/do-i-qualify/”. Note that your documents must hold your official name and your annual income. Here are some of the required documents:
- Worker’s or unemployment compensation statement of benefits
- The Federal, state or tribal return of the previous year
- Current income statement
- Pensions statement of benefits
- Social Security statement of benefits
- paycheck stub
If you qualify for TruConnect lifeline through assistance program participation, you need to attach paper works with qualifying assistance program participation. Here, you can take pictures or make copies using a scanner or copy machine and attach them to your application. Note that you should never submit or attach original copies of your documents. Also, all the documents should contain your official name, the name of your qualifying program, the name of the institution, government, or tribal entity that issued you that document, or future expiration date. Some of these documents are:
- Medicaid approval letter
- Federal Pell grant school documentation
- SSI award letter
- Tribal head start benefit verification letter
- Federal Public Housing Assistance statement of benefits
Apply For Truconnect Free Phone
Once all the documents are ready, time is ripe for applying for TruConnect free phone. To apply, you need to visit TruConnect’s official website and answer all the required questions. Here is the actual application process:
- Visit TruConnect application page “https://www.truconnect.com/lifeline”
- Enter your ZIP code, email address and tap on “ apply now”
- You will be redirected to truconnect lifeline application form.
- Enter your name, date of birth, home address, contact information, 4-digit security pin and click on “ next”
- Answer all the preceding questions with correct information
- Attach any of the above eligibility paper work
- Submit your form. Note that your application form does not guarantee automatic acceptance. Therefore, truconnect has the right to reject it anytime.
Wait For TruConnect Approval
After hitting your form submission button, you should wait for the approval. As required by the applicable federal and state regulations, TruConnect will verify your identity and verification documents. If any other additional documentation or information is required, they will contact you. If not, they will approve your request. Once approved, they will ship your free phone and a SIM card at zero cost. Note that the phone to receive will wholly be selected by TruConnect subject to availability. Also, it will come with an activation user guide. Once you receive your phone, follow the instructions and activate it for use.
Check My Truconnect Application Status
When you successfully submit TruConnect application form; you will be given a TruConnect account number. Also, TruConnect will keep updating about the application status through the email you provided in the application form. If they fail to send a notification update in your email, you can check TruConnect application status by contacting customer care and giving them your account number for follow-up. TruConnect customer care contact is 800(430-0443 and available every Monday to Saturday 5 AM to 9 PM PST.
TruConnect Phone Activation
When you receive your free phone package, you should immediately activate it and use it to make calls, text, browse and connect to the TruConnect network. The good news is that the package comes with well-explained instructions on how to activate the phone. You can activate your phone by keenly following the guide or calling the customer team for assistance. Alternatively, you can activate it through the following process:
- Insert TruConnect SIM card to your device’s SIM slot.
- Press your devices power button to switch it on
- From your device’s keypad, dial 611
- Receive a truconnect welcome message
- Set your APN settings to finalize the process
Types Of Free Smartphones That You can get from TruConnect
When you qualify for TruConnect free phone, you are likely to get standards and high-end smartphones. Since TruConnect has a variety of smartphones to give, expect to receive the following types:
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip
- Samsung Galaxy S10 GSM
- Google Pixel 4XL
- Samsung Galaxy A51
- Google Pixel 5G
- Samsung galaxy A71 5G
- Google Pixel; 4a 5G
- Motorola RAZR 5G
- One plus 8 5G GSM
- Apple iPhone 12 mini
- Samsung galaxy note 10 GSM
- One plus 8 pro 5G GSM
- Apple iPhone SE
- Apple iPhone XR
Which Phones Are Compatible With TruConnect (Compatibility Checker)
TruConnect is a mobile virtual network operator that uses the best network operator with nationwide coverage across the US. The company also offers the most affordable plans and several free phones. As a result, a lot of consumers yearn to join this company. However, many wonder if they can bring their phone when joining TrueConnect. The good news is that you can through the TruConnect BYOP program. However, there are important things to know before you bring your phone to TruConnect. These are:
- Your phone must be fully paid off with the previous service provider
- Your phone must be unlocked and no longer tied to its previous provider’s network
- The phone should not be reported lost or stolen
- It must be compatible with TruConect. To check compatibility, dial *#06# to obtain your phone’s IMEI number. Key in the IMEI number to see whether it is compatible.
Once your phone is eligible for TruConnect BYOP, insert your TruConnect SIM and enroll in lifeline plans. Phones compatible with this company are;
- Motorola : This is an amazing brand of phone that has been in the limelight for the longest time. The company is known to produce high-quality, unlocked devices. Motorola models that are compatible with TruConnect are: Motorola G play, Motorola E, Motorola G power, Motorola G7 plus GSM and Motorola G fast.
- Nokia : Nokia is another reputable brand of phone that is well known to provide the strongest and most durable phones. It offers affordable yet quality phones with specs like lasting batteries, quality cameras, sufficient storage, and high screen resolution. Nokia model of phones that are unlocked and compatible with TruConnect are: Nokia 1.3 GSM, Nokia 2.4 GSM, Nokia 8.5 5G and Nokia 3.4 GSM.
- Samsung : I would define Samsung as the leading producer of phones and other electronic devices. This company produces high-end phones with cool features like the sleek design, lasting batteries and sufficient storage. This brand has several models of phones that are compatible with TruConnect. These are phones like Samsung galaxy note 20 ultra 5g, Samsung galaxy S21 ultra 5G, Samsung Galaxy S10+ GSM and Samsung galaxy S20 FE 5G.
- Apple : iPhones are also classified as high-end phones with a number of breathtaking features. Since most iPhones use GSM network technology, chances of working with TruConnect are very high. Apple phones that are compatible with TruConnect are apple iPhone 12 pro, apple iPhone 12 pro max, Apple iPhone 11, and Apple iPhone 12.
Frequently Ask Questions
In Which State Does TruConnect Offer Lifeline Services
TruConnect is a virtual network operator that relies on T-Mobile network tower. Since T-Mobile is one of the leading service providers in the US, it has the best coverage. In fact, it covers 99% of the landmass in the US. However, TruConnect also uses Sprint network tower depending on the location. This makes Truconnect a wide coverage lifeline provider. The company offers lifeline services in states like Arizona, California, Arkansas, Colorado, Hawaii, Georgia, Illinois, Idaho, Iowa, Indiana, Kentucky, Kansas, Massachusetts, Louisiana, Michigan, Maryland, Mississippi, Minnesota, Nebraska, Missouri, new jersey, Nevada, Ohio, New York, Pennsylvania, Oklahoma, Rhode island Texas, South Carolina, Washington, Vermont, West Virginia, and Wisconsin,
How Many Free Minutes Do You Get With Truconnect?
When you enroll for TruConnect lifeline, you get a free plan that offers unlimited text, free international calling, 14GB monthly data, and unlimited minutes. Therefore, you get unlimited free minutes with TruConnect free plan.
Does Truconnect Offer Free Flip Phones?
Yes. If you still love the old-days flip phone, TruConnect got you covered. Besides getting a free smartphone, it’s also possible to get a free flip phone on the condition that it’s available at the time of application. The company offers Alcatel GO FLIP 3 and NUU F4L flip phones.
Does Truconnect Have Unlimited Data?
TruConnect free government plan offers 14GB limited monthly data. Therefore, it’s true to say that TruConnect lifeline services don’t have unlimited data. However, you can get TruConnect unlimited data from pay as you go plan that offers unlimited data for $50 per month.
How Do I Replace My TruConnect Phone?
The process of replacing your lost, damaged, or stolen TruConnect phone is not easy. This is because free phones are given to users without a warranty. Therefore, all risks of damage, loss, or theft on your phone will be paid by the user. If you lost or damaged your TruConnect phone and you need to replace it, call the customer care team and replace it at a cost.