Are you in search of a maxwest government phone? We are pleased to inform you that it’s possible to get one either for free or at a discounted price through government programs like lifeline/ACP. All you need to do is qualify for these programs and attach proof of qualification. In this article, we shall discuss all the steps to follow when applying for Maxwest government phone, necessary documents and providers that offer this device. Therefore, walk with us to the end and learn more!
How Do I Get a Maxwest Government Phone
As we have stated in the overview, maxwest government phones are offered through lifeline or Affordable Connectivity Program.
Lifeline is an FCC program that was initiated to make phone and internet services easily accessible to low income consumers. The program partners with several service providers to offer free/discounted phones and wireless services to these consumers across several states in America .Therefore, your respective provider will give you a free phone as long as you prove lifeline eligibility. Depending with your service provider, you can get a free Maxwest phone but subject to availability.
Affordable Connectivity Program or ACP is also an FCC program that was initiated do offer discounted broadband services and devices to qualified low income consumers. Similar to lifeline, this program partners with different carriers to ensure eligible consumers are able to afford internet services and devices. Depending with your carrier, ACP will offer a free phone, tablet or laptop. Therefore, you can be lucky to get a free Maxwest phone as long as it’s available at the moment of application.
Process of Getting Maxwest Government Phone
At this juncture, you already know that lifeline and ACP are the programs that offer Maxwest government phones. Therefore, time is ripe to discuss the process of acquiring a phone through these programs. To get your free device, follow the following steps:
Step 1. Establish eligibility
Before applying for your free Maxwest government phone, make sure you qualify for lifeline or ACP. Below is how you qualify for these programs:
Qualify for lifeline
There’re two criteria used to determine lifeline eligibility. That is income and program eligibility criteria. To qualify through income, you must come from a low income household, whose income is equal or below 135% of the federal poverty guideline.
To qualify through program, you must be an active beneficiary of any government assistance program. Examples of these programs are: SNAP, Medicaid, supplemental security income, WIC, veterans Pension or survivor benefits, tribal TANF and tribal Head Start among others.
Qualify for ACP
Similar to lifeline, you can qualify for this program through income or program participation. To qualify through income, you must come from a low income household, with a total income at or below 200% of the federal poverty guideline.
In addition, you can qualify if you have received a federal Pell grant in a recent award year or if you participate in free and reduced-price school lunch or school breakfast program. You are also considered eligible for ACP if you participate in any government assistance program discussed above in lifeline section. Other programs that qualifies you for ACP are:
- Public housing program
- Housing Choice Voucher Program
- Affordable housing programs for American Indians, Alaska Natives or Native Hawaiians
- Bureau of Indian affairs General assistance
- Food distribution program in Indian reservations
Step 2: Gather relevant application document
After establishing eligibility, you should gather documents with proof of eligibility. In addition, you should gather documents to show proof of your identity and address. Below is a list of necessary documents:
- Personal documents
- Birth certificate
- US driver’s license
- Permanent resident card.
- Address documents
- Utility bill
- Mortgage or lease statement
- Recent W-2 or tax return
- Eligibility documents
- Social security statement of benefits
- Divorce decree, child support award
- Retirement/pension statement of benefits
- Worker’s compensation statement of benefits.
- Prior year’s state, federal or tribal tax return.
- Your program’s approval letter
- Program’s statement of benefit
- Program’s benefit award letter
- School documentation
Step 3: Enroll for lifeline or ACP
After gathering all your documents, the next step requires you to enroll for lifeline or ACP. To enroll, visit United States government’s official website through this link: “getinternet.gov/apply?id=acp&ln=RW5nbGlzaA%3D%3D” and fill the provided application form.
Start the application by providing your home address, contact information and tap on “next”. Enter the last four digits of your social security number, attach clear copies or pictures of your necessary application documents and submit your application.
Alternatively, you can apply for these programs via mail. To apply, download your program’s paper application form here: “affordableconnectivity.gov/help/tools/#instructions“. Thereafter, print and fill your form, attach necessary application documents and submit your documents to the following address: ACP/lifeline support center, PO BOX 9100, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773.
Step 4: Get enrollment approval
After submitting your application, ACP or lifeline officials will verify and give approval. If you submitted your application online, the good news is that you will get an instant approval. After approval, they will send your enrollment ID through your email or phone number.
Step 5: Search for eligible providers in your area
At this stage, you should search for lifeline or ACP providers that offer free phone services within your state. To find participating providers, visit ACP search tool “affordableconnectivity.gov/companies-near-me” and enter your ZIP code, state or City.
Step 6: Sign up for free phone from your provider
After finding a provider, you should now contact them and sign up for a free phone. When signing up for a free phone, you will be required to enter your lifeline/ACP enrollment ID. Your provider will then establish eligibility and send you a free device to your address.
Please note that your provider will randomly send any device depending on device availability, your eligibility and residential state. Therefore, you might be lucky to receive a maxwest government phone subject to these factors.
How Do I Check Maxwest Government Phone Application Status
After submitting a government phone request and have delayed approval, you should check your application status. This is through calling your provider’s customer support team and inquire the status of your phone application. You can also check your application status by logging-in to your provider’s ACP/lifeline account.
Carriers That Offer Maxwest Government Phone
Below are some of the carriers that are likely to offer maxwest government phone through lifeline/ACP:
- Access Wireless: Access wireless is one of the most reliable provider that offers free phones through lifeline. Once you qualify for this program, trust that you can get a maxwest government phone, depending on the device’s availability. Besides a free phone, the provider offers free unlimited texts, talk and data every month. To apply for these benefits, visit the carrier’s webpage: “accesswireless.com” and tap “apply now”
- TruConnect: This carrier is a participant of lifeline and ACP. Through these programs, you can get a maxwest government phone as long as there’s model available at the time of application. Besides free phone, the carrier offers free data, texts and calls every month. To get your benefits, visit their official website: “truconnect.com” and tap the apply button.
- Standup Wireless: This is another committed carrier that offers free phones though lifeline + ACP. Therefore, you can be lucky to get a free maxwest phone from this carrier, subject to availability. In addition, you will get free unlimited talk, text and data every month. To start your application, visit the carrier official website: “standupwireless.com” and click on “begin application”
- NewPhone Wireless: Newphone wireless is a very reliable carrier that offers free government phones through lifeline and ACP. Once you qualify for these programs, you can be lucky to get a maxwest phone subject to availability. To get a free phone from this carrier, visit their official website and initiate your application: “newphone.com/apply“.
- AirTalk Wireless: This is another provider to approach if you need a Midwest government phone. From this carrier, you can get this phone either for free or at a discounted price through lifeline/ACP combo plan.
Apart from a free phone, airtalk wireless also offers free unlimited talk, texts and data ever month. To get your device, open their official website and tap on the apply button: “airtalkwireless.com/lifeline-program“.
What Type Of Maxwest Phones Can I Get From The Government
As you already know, lifeline or ACP offers any type of phone based on device availability. However, most providers offer entry level or mid-range type of phones. Therefore, you can get any model of Maxwest phone from the government, as long as it’s an entry level or average device. Below are models that you are likely to get:
- Astro 63R
- Astro 6R
- Gravity 6P
- Astro 55R
- Nitro 55Q
- Nitro 5C
- Neo 4G
Other Benefits You Can Get Alongside with Maxwest Government Phone
After qualifying for lifeline or ACP, you will enjoy additional benefits like:
- You will get a monthly discount of up to $9.25 towards paying your wireless services through lifeline
- You will get a monthly discount of up to 34.25 towards paying your wireless services through lifeline if you are an eligible consumer on tribal lands
- You will receive a monthly discount of up to $30 towards paying your broadband monthly services through ACP and up to $75 if you are a qualifying consumer on tribal lands
- You will get a free tablet depending with your ACP provider
- You will get free unlimited calls and texts every month
- You will get free monthly data and hotspot services depending with your service provider
- You will enjoy free shipping. services
Can I get maxwest government phone from maxwest?
Not really. It’s not possible to get a free government phone directly from maxwest. This is because maxwest if a phone manufacturer and not a lifeline or ACP service provider. Instead of offering free phones directly, this company collaborates with the government to offer these devices through participating service providers.
Are Maxwest government phones reliable?
Yes, maxwest government phones are very reliable. First of all, these devices are very durable and easy to use. In addition, they come with quality cameras, sufficient storage, lasting batteries and a strong WIFI connectivity.
How long does it take to receive maxwest government phone?
This depends with your service provider and device availability. For instance, if your provider is far from your address, it can take up to 7 business days to receive your device. However, if you live near an eligible provider, you can receive your device within 3 business days.
Which limitations about maxwest government phone should I know?
Maxwest government phones do not have many limitations. This is because the devices are reliable and effective. However, most of these devices are low quality. Besides, most of these devices have limited features.
Why was my maxwest government phone application rejected? What should I do about it?
If ACP/Lifeline rejected your phone application, you probably attached invalid application documents. Also, they can reject your application if you fail to qualify for ACP or lifeline. I addition, they will reject your application if other members of your household already own a free government phone. To solve this, make sure you qualify for ACP or lifeline. In addition, make sure your application documents are valid, clear and updated. Besides, make sure you are above 18 years and resides within the United States