From allowing you to remain connected to your loved ones to allowing to work online, there are many benefits one can get once he or she get a free government phone. Thankfully, the Federal government is now allowing all eligible customers to apply for a free government via Lifeline program. If you live in Wisconsin and are eligible for the Lifeline program, you can now go ahead and apply for a free government phone. Here, you will not only get a free government phone but also discounted cell phone plans that will help reduce your communication costs significantly. To learn how you can get a free government phone in Wisconsin, read this article and you will be all set!
Way to Get A Free Government Phone In Wisconsin
Like we mentioned above, you can now get a free government phone in Wisconsin if you apply for the Lifeline program. The good news is that there are many service providers that offer Lifeline program in Wisconsin to various customers. All you need to do is to choose your preferred carrier and then apply for this program.
More importantly, you should ensure that your desired carrier operates in Wisconsin. Better still, you are free to apply via the National Verifier. As long as your income stands at or is below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines or are a participant of a government assistance program such as Medicaid, SNAP, SSI, WIC, or Section 8 be certain that you will get a free government phone in Wisconsin.
Requirement Eligibility for Get A Free Government Phone In Wisconsin
To be eligible a free government phone in Wisconsin, there are certain requirements that you ought to meet. First and foremost, you must ensure that your income stands at or is below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. Since you live in Wisconsin, you should check what this state’s FPG stipulate and then determine if you meet the much-needed requirements or not.
In case you do not qualify via the low-income criteria, trust that you can now qualify for a free government phone if you are a beneficiary of a government assistance program. Some of the programs that can make you eligible include:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program(SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income
- Federal Public Housing Assistance(FPHA)
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
Apart from the programs that we have mentioned above, you can now qualify for a free government phone Wisconsin if you live in Tribal lands. However, you should ensure that you are a participant of any of the following programs:
- Tribal Head Start
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families(Tribal TANF)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
Documents That I Should Submit When Applying For A Free Government Phone In Wisconsin
When applying for the free government phone in Wisconsin, there are certain documents that you should submit so that your application can see the light of day. First and foremost, you should submit copies of your personal documents so that you can prove your identity. You are also required to submit copies of your eligibility documents so that you can prove your eligibility status. Here is a breakdown of these documents so that you can know what to gather first before the actual application process starts.
1. Personal documents
As far as the personal documents are concerned, you should ensure that you submit copies of documents that contain your name in full, date of birth, place of residence among other finer details. Some of the documents that contain these details include:
- A copy of your passport
- A copy of your birth certificate
- A copy of your valid government-issued, state, Tribal or military ID
- A copy of your U.S driver’s license
- A copy of your permanent resident card or Green card
- A copy of your certificate of U.S Citizenship or naturalization
To prove your place of residence, consider submitting any of the following documents:
- A copy of your mortgage or lease statement
- A copy of the most recent W-2 or tax return
- A copy of your utility bill
2. Eligibility documents
To prove that you are a beneficiary of a government assistance program such as Medicaid, SNAP, SSI, Section 8 or any other Tribal based program, consider submitting any of the following documents:
- A copy of your benefit award letter
- A copy of your benefit verification letter
- A copy of your statement of benefits
- A copy of your approval letter
In case your income stands at or is below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, consider submitting any of the following documents:
- A copy of your paycheck stub
- A copy of your child support award
- A copy of your current income statement from your employer
- A copy of your divorce decree
- A copy of your Tribal or Federal notice letter of participation in General Assistance
- A copy of your Veterans administration statement of benefits
Steps On How To Apply For A Free Government Phone In Wisconsin
The process of applying for a free government phone in Wisconsin is not complicated at all. Here, you can choose to either apply for the program via online, mail or your preferred service provider. Here is a breakdown of these methods so that you can choose the one that suits you most:
1. Via online method
If you choose to apply for a free government phone Wisconsin via the online method, here are the steps that can help you get started:
- First and foremost, visit “nv.fcc.gov/lifeline?ln=RW5nbGlzaA%3D%3D” and then key in your state or territory on the field that you will see on your screen.
- Thereafter, tap on the ‘Get Started’ button.
- You might be prompted to sign in with your details. This is ideal for those who have an existing account. However, if you do not have an existing account, you are free to create one.
- Once you create your account, you can then log in with your details so that you can start the actual application process
- Fill in the online application with your details and then attach copies of your personal and eligibility documents to the application form. Ideally, you should upload soft copies of these documents so that you can attach them as required.
- Confirm that everything is right and then submit your application form.
2. Apply via mail
Besides the online method, you can now apply for free government phone Wisconsin via mail. To make your application via this method, here are the steps that you should follow:
- To start with, visit “lifelinesupport.org/wp-content/uploads/documents/get-lifeline/LI_Application_NVstates.pdf” and then download the form that you will find on this site. After that, print it so that you can have a physical form. Ideally, this is the Lifeline application form.
- Fill in the form correctly with your details. Some of the details that you might be asked to fill include; your name in full, your date of birth, your SSN, place of residence and so much more.
- Attach hard copies of your personal and eligibility documents and then mail the package to the Lifeline Support Center. When mailing this document, consider using the following address: PO Box 7081, London, KY 40742.
3. Apply via your preferred service provider
Besides the methods that we have discussed above, you can now apply for a free government phone Wisconsin via your carrier of choice. The good news is that there are many Lifeline service provider that operate in Wisconsin.
Therefore, you will not miss a carrier that will meet your needs. More importantly, ensure that you choose a carrier that has better offers. Once you make a choice, visit the carrier’s official page and start your application right away. When filling in the application form, ensure that you enter the correct details.
Additionally, remember to attach copies of your personal and eligibility documents so that your application can be approved. Once you are done, submit your application and wait for your carrier’s team to review it.
If you meet the carrier’s requirements, you will be able to get a free government phone via mail. When it comes to discounted cell phone plans, you can expect to start enjoying them from the beginning of your next month’s billing cycle.
Other Benefits That Come With A Free Government Phone Wisconsin
Once you qualify to get a free government phone, you stand the chance to also enjoy the following additional benefits:
- Unlimited talk(Offers here vary from one carrier to another)
- Unlimited text
- Unlimited mobile data(The offers here vary from one carrier to another)
- A good network coverage
- You will be able to make international calls to Mexico and Canada
Besides the features we have mentioned above, you are likely to enjoy the following other benefits:
- You will be able to remain connected with those whom you love
- The free government phone allows you to work online
- You will be able to learn online.
- It allows you to seek for better job opportunities online
- You will be able to access emergency healthcare services
- It allows you to get entertained from the comfort of your home. To put this into perspective, you will be able to watch your favorite movies, surf the internet, stream online content and so much more. Consequently, you will be able to keep boredom at bay.
- Since you will not be subjected to high monthly cell phone bills, you will be able to save more dollars on a monthly basis.
Some Reason for Disqualifying Getting A Free Government Phone From Wisconsin
You stand high chances of being disqualified from getting a free government phone in Wisconsin due to the following reasons:
- You are not 18 years and above
- You do not live in Wisconsin
- Your income is above 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines of Wisconsin
- You are not a beneficiary of a government assistance program such as Medicaid, SNAP, SSI, Section 8 or any other Tribal-based program such as Tribal Head Start among others.
- You entered the wrong details during the application process
- You failed to submit copies of your personal and eligibility documents during the application process.
- You choose to work with a carrier that does not operate in Wisconsin
Carriers That Offer Free Government Phone Wisconsin
Some of the carriers that offer free government phones in Wisconsin include:
- American Assistance
- Access Wireless
- Life Wireless
- enTouch Wireless
- Assurance Wireless
- American Assistance
- AirTalk Wireless
- FeelSafe Wireless
- StandUp Wireless
- Qlink Wireless
- SafetyNet Wireless
- Tag Mobile
- Terracom Wireless
- Tempo Communications