TracFone is a very reliable cellphone service provider that give users an opportunity to use cell phone coverage with any contract. Through the company, customers can purchase minutes for their phones with no need of keeping an account or making monthly payments. The company provides these mobile services to Puerto Rico, Virgin Island and United States customers. If you are a TracFone customer and got a chance to upgrade to a new phone, worry not.
This is because as we speak, you can now transfer your TracFone number to a new phone. By doing so, you will be able to retain your current contacts. Basically, you will enjoy more convenience as you will not have to hunt for these numbers once you start using your new phone. The good news is that you can complete the transfer method either online or by contacting the customer service department. Either way, you will be able to transfer your TracFone number to the new phone automatically. The other great advantage is that you are also allowed to transfer the minutes in your existing device to your new phone. Without further ado, let’s learn how to transfer TracFone number to a new phone.
Steps to Take Transfer TracFone Number to New Phone
If you just purchases a new phone and would like to keep your TracFone number, you can readily do so on the company’s website. Better still, you can contact the customer support team and get started. In the subsequent section, we shall take a closer look at how to transfer TracFone number to new phone online. Here are the steps that you should follow:
- Launch your web browser and then visit TracFone website
- Key in your log in details and then click on the ‘Activate phone, and or buy airtime’ option.
- Tap on the ‘Activate phone’ in the subsequent page
- A drop down menu will appear on your screen.
- Choose the ‘Transfer number’ option that you will see on the drop down menu.
- Thereafter, click on the ‘Transfer number to a different provider’ option that you will see on the subsequent page. Typically, this process can take 2 weeks or thereabout. If you are transferring your TracFone number to a new device, you will be required to select the model and brand of your new phone and then tap on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Accept the terms and conditions that will pop up on your screen and then click on the ‘Continue’ button.
- In case you are transferring your TracFone number to a new phone, be sure that you will be prompted to key in its serial number. Therefore, you should key it in and then click on the ‘Continue’ button once you are done.
Once you are done with the above-mentioned procedure, wait for the number transfer process to be complete. During this period, you will still be able to use your number. Therefore, you should not cancel your contract with TracFone until the entire transfer process is complete.
Apart from transferring your TracFone number online, you can readily do so by contacting TracFone’s customer support. As far as reaching the customer support is concerned, be sure that you can do so through the phone by dialing 800-867-7183. Better still, you can do it through a live chat. Although the live chat method works magic, is not as effective and efficient as contacting the customer support team on phone.
Is It Possible To Transfer Minutes & Data From My Old TracFone To New Phone
Yes. If you have just purchased a new phone and would not like to lose your precious TracFone minutes, you can now go ahead and transfer them from the old phone to the new phone. Here are the steps that can help you get started.
- First and foremost, contact the TracFone customer care service representative by dialing 800-867-7183. Once you reach out to the representative on the other end, narrate to him what you want. Here, you should tell him or her that you want to transfer your remaining minutes from the old TracFone device to a new one. Thereafter, wait for the instructions.
- The representative from the other end will ask you to provide him or her with the serial numbers of both your new and old phone. You can locate the serial code of your device under your phone’s battery. In most cases, it normally written in small print.
- Once you have provided these numbers to the representative on the other end, wait for him to transfer the unused minutes to your new phone. As this happens, the agent on the other end will let you know how long this process will take. After a couple of minutes, you should be able to have the unused TracFone minutes on your new mobile device.