Samsung is a huge and reputable international company that produces the best electronic devices in the market. This includes high quality Samsung galaxy phones. These are quality smartphones that every user would wish to have. However, Samsung galaxy phones are costly and might not be affordable to everyone, especially low income households. Are you in need of a Samsung galaxy phone but can’t afford it? Fret not because the government offers certain models of Samsung galaxy phones for free.
Free phones are given through a government program known as lifeline. However, free Samsung galaxy government phones are not meant for everyone. To receive one, you must meet lifeline eligibility requirements, which are discussed below in this page. Once you meet these requirements, you will be able to receive your free Samsung galaxy government phone through your selected wireless service provider. Here in this blog post, I’ll walk with you step by step on how to get free Samsung galaxy government phones. I’ll also discuss on how to qualify for these phones, documents required, alongside other relevant topics. Walk with us through!
Steps To Get Free Samsung Galaxy Government Phones in 2023
As I have mentioned above, the government offers free Samsung galaxy phones through lifeline program. This is a federal government program that was initiated to offer monthly discounts on wireless communication services to qualified low-income families. Besides lifeline, there are a number of providers that offer these phones through the affordable connectivity program (ACP). This is also a federal government program that was meant to offer monthly discounts on broadband services to qualified low income households. To get a free Samsung galaxy government phone through these programs however, you should first check to confirm whether you qualify for the program. To establish qualification, you can visit lifeline program or ACP official website. Once you qualify, proceed to the next step below:
1. Select a Cell Phone Service Provider
Free Samsung galaxy government phones are not offered directly from Samsung stores. These phones are offered by certain wireless service providers that participate in the lifeline or ACP program. Therefore, the next step after establishing eligibility, should be to select a provider. Luckily, there are several providers that participate in the lifeline or ACP programs to offer free government phones. Therefore, you will have to do a research and get highlights on the right provider in your area. This is because most carriers have limited coverage, with their services excluded in certain areas.
2. Prepare The Documents For Apply
Once you select a provider, the next step is to get all your application documents ready. Application documents are either identity or eligibility documents with proof that you indeed qualify for a free Samsung galaxy government phone.
While getting your documents ready, please note that you should not attach original documents. Instead of original documents, you should prepare copies or picture documents. In addition, make sure that all your documents are valid, up to date and clear. In this blog post below, i have listed all the documents that you need when applying for a free Samsung galaxy government phone. Please keep reading to know more!
3. Apply To Get A Free Samsung Galaxy Phone Under Government Program
With all your documents ready, you can apply for your free Samsung Galaxy phone. Basically, applying for your free Samsung Galaxy phone means applying for lifeline or ACP program. Once you apply and get approved for these programs, you will start receiving the benefits that come with the programs, including a free Samsung Galaxy phone.
There are several ways by which you can apply to get a free Samsung Galaxy phone: You can apply through your selected service provider, through lifeline website or through ACP website. Let’s now discuss how to apply for your free phone:
Apply through lifeline
To apply for a free Samsung Galaxy phone through lifeline, you first need to create an account with the national verifier and enter all the required information. This helps to establish whether you indeed qualify for this program. Here is the entire procedure:
To establish qualification, follow this steps:
- Visit lifeline application page online, choose your state or territory and click “ get started”
- Afterwards, you will be redirected to the national verifier page to fill your program application form.
- Enter your full legal, date of birth, identity verification, and home address then click next.
- Follow all the given on-screen instructions to finalize your application.
- Once done, you will be required to attach eligibility and identity documents.
- Attach all the required documents and submit your form.
Apply though ACP
Besides lifeline, there are companies that offer free Samsung galaxy government phones through the affordable connectivity program. To get your free Samsung Galaxy phone form these carriers, you need to enroll for ACP, get your enrollment ID and proceed to apply for your free phone from your selected provider. Luckily, there are two alternatives of applying for your free Samsung Galaxy phone through ACP. These are:
- Apply online: To apply online, visit the ACP official website and tap on “apply now”. Thereafter, you will be redirected to the national verifier page to fill an application form. From the page, fill the form as required, attach all the required personal and eligibility documents and submit the form.
- Apply via mail: To apply via, you need to download your ACP application paperwork and print it out. To download the form, you can visit this page affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/ACP-Application-Form-English.pdf . Besides your application form, you should also download and print out a household worksheet from this page: affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/lifeline/images/ACP-Household-Worksheet-English.pdf . Once you get the forms, fill them manually, attach all the required documents and mail your form to: ACP support Center, P.O BOX 7081, London, KY 40742.
Wait For Approval
After applying and submitting your free Samsung Galaxy phone application form, the national lifeline verifier will scrutinize it for confirmation. This helps them to confirm whether you qualify for the program and whether your application is valid and answered correctly. After, they will accept or reject your application and give you a feedback within 3 business days.
Received Your Free Samsung Galaxy Government Phone
Once approved, you can now contact your selected service provider and sign up for their ACP or lifeline program. Once you sign in, select a plan and the carrier will ship the phone to you. Please not that shipping your phone might take up to 7 business days depending with your location. After receiving your phone, activate it for use.
Requirements To Get Samsung Galaxy Free Government Phones
To get a Samsung galaxy free government phone, you should meet the following requirements:
- If you are applying for a free Samsung galaxy government phone through lifeline, make sure you have an income that is at or below 135% of the federal poverty guideline.
- If you are applying for a free Samsung galaxy government phone through ACP, make sure you have a total household income that is at or below 200% of the federal poverty guideline.
- Besides income qualification, you can also qualify for a free Samsung galaxy free government phone if you participate in the following tribal or federal assistance programs:
- Special supplemental nutrition program for women, infants and children
- Supplemental security income
- Federal public housing assistance
- Veterans pension and survivors benefit
- Free and reduces price school lunch program or school breakfast program
- Federal Pell grant
- Supplemental nutritional assistance program or food stamps
- Head start
- Tribal temporary assistance for needy families
- Food distribution program on Indian reservations
- Bureau of Indian affairs general assistance
Documents Requirement To Get Free Samsung Galaxy Government Phones
As I have stated above, you are required to attach a number of documents when applying for free Samsung galaxy government phones. These are identity, program or income eligibility documents. While attaching your eligibility documents, you should attach depending with how you qualify. Here is an example of these documents:
- Income eligibility documents like: Unemployment or worker’s compensation statement of benefits, Prior year’s federal, state or Tribal tax return, Pension or retirement statement of benefits, Paycheck stub, child support award, Current income statement, social Security statement of benefits or Copy of the Veterans Administration statement of benefit.
- Identity verification documents like: Government, state, military or Tribal ID, U.S driver’s license, your passport, Permanent resident card, Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) document, Birth certificate, Certificate of U.S citizenship or naturalization, Green card, Permanent resident card or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) document.
- Address proof documents like: utility bill, mortgage or lease statement
- Program participation proof documents containing your name, your program’s name, name of the institution that offered your document and a future expiration date. These can be your program approval letter, benefit award letter, and benefit verification letter, statement of benefits or school documentation.
Please note that if you are applying for a free government phone as an emancipated minor, you should attach documents with proof of your emancipation status. These are documents like emancipation certificate or a court documents.
4 Best Provider That Offer Free Samsung Galaxy Government Phones
By now, you already know that free Samsung galaxy government phones are offered through service providers that participate in lifeline or ACP programs. Below is an example of providers that offer free Samsung galaxy government phones through these programs:
1. Airtalk Wireless
AirTalk Wireless is one of the best and most reputable wireless service providers that offers free government phones through ACP or lifeline programs. Although the carrier don’t disclose the type of free phones to offer, you can be lucky to get amazing models of Samsung galaxy phones from this provider. From this carrier, you can get free Samsung galaxy phones like: Samsung galaxy S9 plus, Samsung galaxy A10E, Samsung galaxy A02s, Samsung galaxy S6, Samsung galaxy S8, Samsung galaxy S6 Edge plus, Samsung galaxy S9, Samsung galaxy A20s, Samsung galaxy S8 plus, Samsung galaxy A32, Samsung galaxy A20, Samsung galaxy A21, Samsung galaxy A11, Samsung galaxy S7, Samsung galaxy Note 8, Samsung galaxy A50, Samsung galaxy A01, Samsung galaxy A6, Samsung galaxy S7 edge, Samsung galaxy A12, Samsung galaxy A10s. To apply for a free Samsung galaxy government phone from this carrier, open their official website and click “apply now”.
2. Cintex Wireless
This is another reliable wireless service provider that offers free phones through the government’s lifeline program. Similar to other carriers, cintex doesn’t disclose the type of free phones to give you. This is because they give their free phones to eligible subject to availability. Nevertheless, you can be lucky to get the following Samsung galaxy phones from this carrier: Samsung galaxy S9 plus, Samsung galaxy A10E, Samsung galaxy A02s, Samsung galaxy S6, Samsung galaxy S8, Samsung galaxy S6 edge plus, Samsung galaxy S9, Samsung galaxy A20s, Samsung galaxy S8 plus, Samsung galaxy A32, Samsung galaxy A20, Samsung galaxy A21 and Samsung galaxy Note 8 among others. To apply for your free Samsung galaxy phone from this carrier, visit their official website and click “apply now”.
3. Newphone Wireless
From this wireless service provider, you can also get various types of smartphones for free through lifeline program. Once you qualify for newphone lifeline, you can be lucky to get a free phone, free talk, text and data. From this carrier, you can find free Samsung galaxy phones like: Samsung galaxy S9 plus, Samsung galaxy A102, Samsung galaxy S6, Samsung galaxy S8, Samsung galaxy S6 edge plus, Samsung galaxy S9, Samsung galaxy A20s, Samsung galaxy S8 plus, Samsung galaxy A32, Samsung galaxy A20, Samsung galaxy A21 and Samsung galaxy Note 8. To apply for these benefits, visit their official page and tap “apply”
4. Access Wireless
Through access wireless lifeline program, you can also receive a free phone, free text and data. Once you qualify, you can get various type of phones from this company. These are phones like: Samsung galaxy S6 edge plus, Samsung galaxy S9, Samsung galaxy A20s, Samsung galaxy S8 plus, Samsung galaxy A32, Samsung galaxy A20, Samsung galaxy A21. To apply for your phone from tis carrier, visit their website, enter your ZIP code and click “apply now”.
5. Standup Wireless
Stand up wireless also participates in the government lifeline program to offer free phones to all qualified households. Through standup lifeline, you will not only get a free phone, but other services like free unlimited text, talk and data. From the carrier, you can get free Samsung galaxy phones like: Samsung galaxy S9, Samsung galaxy A20s, Samsung galaxy S8 plus, Samsung galaxy A32, Samsung galaxy A20, Samsung galaxy A21 and Samsung galaxy Note 8. To apply for stand-up benefits, visit their page, enter your ZIP code, email address and begin the application.
Other providers that offer free Samsung galaxy government phones:
- Life Wireless
- Assist Wireless
- Easy Wireless
- Entouch Wireless
- Qlink Wireless
Best Free Samsung Galaxy Models You Will Get Under Government Program
- Samsung Galaxy S6 edge plus
- Samsung Galaxy S9
- Samsung Galaxy A20s
- Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus
- Samsung Galaxy A20s
- Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus
- Samsung Galaxy A32
- Samsung Galaxy A20
- Samsung Galaxy A21
- Samsung galaxy A10E
- Samsung S9 plus
- Samsung Galaxy S8
- Samsung Galaxy s6 and 6s edge
- Samsung Galaxy A11
- Samsung Galaxy A20
Frequently Ask Questions
How do I check my free Samsung galaxy application status?
After filling and submitting a lifeline or ACP, you are normally given a tracking order number. Through this number, you can call your provider’ customer line and ask the recipient to track your order for you. You can also check your free phone application status online through your selected provider’s official website.
How long does it take to get approved for my free Samsung galaxy government phones?
When you submit your free phone application form, it can take 2 to 3 business days to get approval. Others take hours to get approved while others extend up to 7 business days or more depending with the state of your application.
Are there any restrictions on free Samsung galaxy government phones?
Yes, there are restrictions on free Samsung galaxy government phones. First of all, free phones can only be offered to qualified low income households whose income is at or below 135 % of the federal poverty guideline. Additionally, your free Samsung galaxy phone is not transferable among family members and can be given to only one member of a household.
What other benefits do I get with my free Samsung galaxy government phones?
After you receive your free Samsung galaxy government phone, you get additional benefits. These are: free unlimited talk, free unlimited tact, and free data. Some provides also offer free long distance and cheap international calling. In addition, you will get free mobile hotspot data and free shipping.
What other phones do I get for free from the government?
- Apple iPhone SE
- Google Pixel 3XL
- Motorola Z4
- LG Stylo 6
- Google Pixel XL
- Google Pixel 3
- Google Pixel 3A
- LG stylo 5
- Motorola Moto G7 power
- LG tribute empire
- Motorola Z3 Play
- Apple iPhone 6
- Apple iPhone 6s
- Apple iPhone 6s plus
- Apple iPhone 7
- Apple iPhone 8
- Motorola Moto E4
- Motorola G7