Would you like to lower the cost of your monthly internet bill? Worry not as you can now reduce it by applying for the Lifeline or Affordable Connectivity Program and get started. Once you apply for any of these programs, you will be able to enjoy free government SIM card unlimited data. Depending on the carrier that you choose to work with, you may enjoy 6GB of mobile data or even more. With this data in place, you will be able to remain connected with those whom you love, work online, learn online, access emergency healthcare services and so much more. To learn more about how you can get the free government SIM card unlimited data, read this article and you will be all set!
Ways to Get Free Government SIM Card Unlimited Data in 2023
From the introduction, it is crystal clear that you can now get free government SIM card unlimited data. However, you have to either qualify for the Lifeline or Affordable Connectivity Program. In the subsequent sections, we shall discuss these programs in details so that you can know them better:
1. Lifeline program
The history of Lifeline program dates back in 1984. Earlier on, this program used to offer qualified individuals discounted cell phone services. However, over time, the program started offering free smartphones to all eligible individuals. Therefore, if you qualify for the Lifeline program, you can be assured that you will get a free government phone alongside free minutes of talk, voice and unlimited data. When it comes to Lifeline program, trust that you will enjoy 4.5GB of unlimited mobile data.
2. Affordable Connectivity Program
Unlike the Lifeline program, the Affordable Connectivity Program is quite recent as it came into existence after the Emergency Broadband Benefit program came to an end on 31st December 2021.The good news is that this program also allows you to get free government SIM card unlimited data. Depending on the carrier that you choose, you can be able to enjoy up to 8GB of mobile data or even more.
Additionally, the program allows you to enjoy discounts of up to $30 if you live on non-Tribal lands and $75 in case you reside on Tribal lands. Moreover, you can get a discounted tablet, but you have to contribute at least $10 and not more than $50 towards the purchase of your preferred tablet. On the other hand, the ACP carrier will offer a one-time discount of $100, which will enable you buy your tablet more affordably.
How Much Data Can I Get From the Government Program
1. Lifeline program
Supposing you apply for the Lifeline program and get approved, be certain that you will enjoy up to 6GB of mobile data. However, this will depend on the carrier you choose to work with. For instance, if you choose to apply for Safelink Wireless Lifeline program, trust that you will enjoy 4.5 GB unlimited data. However, if you live in California, you can enjoy unlimited data up to 6GB.
2. Affordable Connectivity Program
If you apply for the ACP facility and get approved, expect that you will enjoy up to 10GB of unlimited data. However, this will depend on the carrier that you choose to work with. For instance, Safelink Wireless ACP allows you to enjoy up to 10GB of mobile data, among other incredible offers. AirTalk on the other hand allows you to enjoy up to 8GB of mobile data on a monthly basis. Depending on your data needs, you can now go ahead and choose the carrier that allows you to enjoy more unlimited data.
Eligibility Requirements to Get Free Government SIM Card Unlimited Data
For you to be able to get free government SIM card unlimited data, there is a number of eligibility requirements that you must meet. However, this will be determined by the program you choose to apply the free government SIM card unlimited data with.
For instance, if you choose to apply for unlimited data via the Lifeline program, you need to ensure your income stands at or is below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. In case you fail to meet this criteria, you can qualify for unlimited data from Federal government if you are a beneficiary of any of these government assistance programs:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program(SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income(SSI)
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- Federal Public Housing Assistance.
- Tribal Head Start
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families(Tribal TANF)
On the other hand, if you want to get the free government SIM card unlimited data via ACP, ensure that your income stands at or is below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines or be a beneficiary of the above-mentioned government assistance programs. Additionally, you can qualify if you are a beneficiary of any of these other programs:
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children
- You received a Federal Pell Grant in the current award year
- You are a beneficiary of the Free and Reduced-Price School Breakfast Program or School Lunch Program, including at the USDA Community Eligibility Provision Schools.
Any Documents that I Should Submit to Get Free Government SIM Card Unlimited Data
As you purpose to apply for the free government SIM card unlimited data, there are certain documents that you should gather first. After all, you will be prompted to submit them during the application process so as to prove your identity as well as your eligibility status. For instance, if you want to prove your eligibility status, you have to submit a copy of a document that shows that you are a low income earner or a beneficiary of a government assistance program such as WIC, SNAP, SSI, Section 8, Tribal TANF, Tribal TANF or Medicaid. As far as the proof of low income is concerned, consider submitting any of these documents:
- Veterans Administration Statement of benefits
- Social Security statement of benefits
- Current income statement from your employer
- Paycheck stub
- Pension or retirement statement of benefits
- Divorce decree
- Child support award
- Unemployment or Worker’s Compensation statement of benefit
- Prior year’s Federal, state or Tribal tax return.
To prove that you participate in a government assistance program, consider submitting any of these documents:
- Benefit verification letter
- Benefit award letter
- Approval letter
- Statement of benefits
- School documentation.
Besides the above-mentioned documents, you need to prove your identity. Here are the copies of persona documents that you should submit during the application process:
- Certificate of U.S Citizenship or naturalization
- Valid government, state, military or Tribal ID
- Birth certificate
- Permanent resident card or Green card
- U.S driver’s license
- Utility bill
- Tax or W-2 tax return document
- Lease or mortgage statement
- Utility bill
Process on How to Get Free Government SIM Card Unlimited Data
When applying for the free government SIM card unlimited data, you are at liberty to either do it online, via mail or via your preferred service provider. To put this into perspective, here are the methods that you can consider and be good to go:
1. Apply via online method
- Launch your computer’s browser and then visit “nv.fcc.gov/lifeline” if you want to apply for the unlimited data via Lifeline. However, if you want to apply for it via the ACP facility, visit “nv.fcc.gov/lifeline/?id=nv_flow&amp;ebbp=true”. .
- Enter the name of your state or territory and then tap on the ‘Get Started’ button
- Log in with your details and then proceed to the application page.
- Key in your details as required and then attach copies of your personal and eligibility documents.
- Check and confirm that everything is correct and then submit your application form.
2. Apply via mail
When applying for the free government SIM card unlimited data via the Lifeline program click “lifelinesupport.org/wp-content/uploads/documents/get-lifeline/LI_Application_NVstates.pdf” and then download the form that you will get on that site. Once you are done, print that form so that you can fill it later.
If you want to apply for the unlimited data via the Affordable Connectivity Program, click “affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/ACP-Application-Form-English.pdf” and download the ACP application form. Thereafter, go ahead and print it so that you can have it as a hard copy document.
Besides having the ACP application form, you will be required to have a Household worksheet form. To download this form, consider visiting “affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/lifeline/images/ACP-Household-Worksheet-English.pdf” and then download this form right away. Once you are done, print it.
After downloading and printing these forms, the next step is to fill them with your details. Ensure that you enter the right details and then attach copies of your personal as well as eligibility documents and then mail package to the ACP or Lifeline Support Center for review. The address that you should mail the package is; P.O Box 7081, London, KY 40742.
3. Apply via your preferred service provider
Besides the mail and the online method, you can now apply for a free government SIM card unlimited data via your preferred Lifeline or ACP provider. All you need to do is to choose the carrier that meets your needs and then start the application process.
To start the application process, you will be required to visit the carrier’s official website and then key in your ZIP code and then get started. If you live in an area that the carrier offers its Lifeline or ACP, be certain that you will be able to start the application process.
During this process, you will be prompted to key in vital details such as your name, place of residence, date of birth your SSN, and so forth. Key in these details correctly and then attach copies of your personal and eligibility documents. Thereafter, submit your application and wait for feedback from the carrier’s team.
Some Restrictions to Getting a Free Government SIM Card Unlimited Data
If you want to get a free government SIM card unlimited data, there are certain conditions that apply. Some of these restrictions or conditions include:
- Your ACP or Lifeline benefit is not transferable. Whether the other household or person is eligible for it, you are not allowed to transfer those benefits to them.
- Only those individuals or household that are eligible are supposed to enroll in the ACP or Lifeline program.
- When it comes to free government SIM card unlimited data, be certain that you can only get it from one carrier at a time.
- If you want to still enjoy free government SIM card unlimited data, consider reapplying once after every 12 months
- If you want to continue reaping the benefits of your preferred carrier’s ACP or Lifeline program, there is a need for you to use the benefits allocated to you at least once a month.
- As far as the free government SIM card unlimited data is concerned, be certain that only one person can enjoy it in a household at any given moment.
- When filling the application form, ensure that you are honest with your details. If you enter the wrong details, chances are that you will be disqualified from enjoying either the Lifeline or ACP facility.
Benefits of a Free Government SIM Card Unlimited Data
With the free government SIM card unlimited data at hand, here are some of the incredible benefits that you are bound to reap:
- You will be able to access emergency healthcare services
- You will be able to work online
- You will be in a position to learn remotely or even from the comfort of your home.
- You will be able to play online mobile games
- The unlimited data allows you to access internet with utmost precision. This way, you will be able to know what is happening within your country and beyond.
- It allows you to seek better job opportunities online
- You will be able to remain connected with those whom you love.
Carriers that Offer Free Government SIM Card Unlimited Data
Some of the eminent service providers that offer free government SIM card unlimited data include:
- NewPhone Wireless
- AirTalk Wireless
- Cintex Wireless
- Access Wireless
- StandUp Wireless
- Qlink Wireless
- Assurance Wireless
- enTouch Wireless
- Life Wireless
- Maxsip Telecom
- Excess Telecom
Tips to Maximize My Chances of Getting Free Government SIM Card Unlimited Data
If you want to increase your chances of getting free government SIM card unlimited data, consider doing the following:
- Ensure that you meet Lifeline or ACP eligibility requirements
- Ensure that you choose a Lifeline or ACP carrier that operates in your state
- Be a resident of the United States
- Ensure that you are 18 years and above
- Make sure that you key in the right details during the application process
- Ensure that you upload copies of your personal and eligibility documents and then attach them to your application form before submitting it.
- All the copies of your personal and eligibility documents should be clear. Blur soft copies can deny you a chance to get a free government SIM card unlimited data.
- If you have to mail the application form, ensure that you use the right address so that it can reach the Lifeline or ACP Support Center.
Which Phones will I Get Alongside Free Government SIM Card Unlimited Data
Some of the decent models that you can get alongside the free government SIM card unlimited data include:
- ZTE Tempo X
- LG K30
- Motorola E5 Play
- LG X Charge
- LG Tribute Empire
- Samsung Galaxy J3 Achieve
- Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime
- HTC Desire 626
- Unimax U683CL
- Coolpad Illumina
- Coolpad Snap Flip
- ZTE Z233 VL
- Samsung Galaxy S7
- ZTE Prestige 2
- Alcatel Dawn