TracFone Wireless is America’s number one prepaid wireless provider and for a good reason – they offer high-quality cell phones, reliable nationwide coverage on all four major carriers, no contracts, affordable monthly plans, and Pay As You Go Airtime options. In order to make calls, send text messages, and use high-speed data, you will be required to add minutes to your Tracfone prepaid or Pay As You Go plan. Luckily, in this article, you will learn just how to do so.
Process To Add Minutes On A Tracfone
TracFone has made refilling a Pay As You Go plan as simple as possible. The company allows its customers to refill their plans with the use of an Add-on card. As TracFone’s airtime is split into talk, text, and data, there are three different Add-on cards – a Text Only Card, a Data Only Card, and a Talk Add-on Card. If you wish to add talking minutes on your TracFone, you must purchase a Talk Add-on Card.
Text and data add-on cards are only available for smartphones. Talk add-ons, on the other hand, are available for both smartphones and basic phones; however, the number of minutes you get differs. For example, a $10 Talk Add-on card will add 500 minutes to your smartphone, but it would only add 100 minutes to a basic phone. Buying a $10 card for 500 minutes costs 2 cents per minute. Instead of buying a $10 card, you can also buy a $15 card, a $20 card, a $25 card, a $45 card, a $50 card, and a $125 card. Some of these cards will give you better value for money than others; therefore, make sure to review the options and select the right one.
Once you have selected the add-on card that best fits your needs, you can refill your plan. Refilling your TracFone Pay As You Go plan is quick and easy and it doesn’t require you to be an expert at all. You just follow the easy steps below.
Before You Refill Your Pay As You Go Tracfone Minutes Plan
- 1st Step: Visit www.tracfone.com.
- 2nd Step: Select the Pay As You Go plan you wish to purchase and press ‘Add to cart’.
- 3rd Step: Enter your email address, your details, and select a payment method to proceed.
- 4th Step: After the transaction, you will receive a TracFone Wireless refill PIN to your email. You will also receive instructions on how to activate it and refill your plan. If you decided to buy a physical card at a store, scratch off the silver area on the back to reveal the Airtime PIN number.
Once you receive the refill PIN, there are three ways to activate your TracFone airtime PIN.
Refilling your Pay As You Go plan with a phone call
One way to activate your airtime PIN and refill your plan is by dialing the free recharge number (1-800-867-7183) and following the instructions. The system will guide you through the activation process and afterward, they will inform you about the new balance and its validity. When adding airtime over the phone, make sure to have a credit card or another method of payment at hand.
Refilling your Pay As You Go plan online
If you wish to refill your plan online, you can go to tracfone.com and click ‘Add Airtime’ (the button is located at the top right corner). Then, press the ‘Add to Cart’ button and fill in your airtime PIN, your phone number, and (if you have one) a promo code. Once you do so, press the ‘Submit’ button, which will finish the process and refill your plan.
Refilling your Pay As You Go plan on your phone
Take your TracFone device and turn it on. Make sure you have a signal, otherwise the process won’t work. Activate your PIN and refill your plan by following the following steps:
- 1st Step: Press ‘Menu’.
- 2nd Step: Press ‘Prepaid’.
- 3rd Step: Scroll down and choose ‘Redeem Airtime’.
- 4th Step: Enter the 15-digit Airtime PIN number written on your card or in your email and press enter.
- 5th Step: Once you do so, you should receive a notification saying: “Units will be added shortly”. After a while (it should only take about half of minute or so), you will be able to see that the units have been added to your balance. You may also receive a message to restart your phone.
If possible, proceed with the PIN activation soon after purchasing the card, as otherwise there is a tiny chance that someone else would accidentally enter the wrong PIN number and redeem your airtime. In this case, make sure to contact TracFone’s customer support service.
Adding a No Contract Monthly Tracfone Minutes Plan
In addition to adding minutes by purchasing an Airtime Card, you can instead add a No Contract Monthly Plan to keep your service active. To do so, follow the steps below.
- 1st Step: Visit tracfone.com.
- 2nd Step: Press ‘Refill/Add’ in the menu above and select ‘Refill’ and ‘Monthly Value Plans’ instead of ‘Pay As You Go’ in the drop-down menu.
- 3rd Step: Search for the plan you are looking for and add it.
- 4th Step: Complete the cart check-out process.
After Adding Minutes On Tracfone How To Check The New Balance
After you add airtime to your plan, you may want to check the new balance, just so you can keep track of whether the PIN activation was successful and to help you plan your future spendings. You may also be curious about the remaining balance sometime during the month to make sure that an empty balance doesn’t catch you off guard somewhere in the middle of nowhere.
There are two ways to find out how much airtime you have left.
- Method number 1: Call TracFone’s customer support service at 1-800-867-7183 and follow the instructions. The system will inform you about the remaining airtime.
- Method number 2: Go to TracFone’s website. Visit the ‘Check Balance’ page. There, enter your phone number and the last four digits of your serial number. TracFone will inform you about the remaining airtime and its expiration date. Above, you can refill the amount, should you need to do so.
Benefits Of Using A Tracfone Wireless Network And Service
TracFone is the largest independent nationwide provider of wireless communication and a very popular MVNO – mostly due to the numerous benefits of using its network and services. These benefits include:
- No contracts.
- A minute rollover feature, which automatically rolls the remaining minutes to the next term of service before the days of service expire.
- TracFone offers minute cards, which support auto-refill and provide free activation.
- TracFone offers both CDMA and GSM service and nationwide coverage on all four major networks – Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint.
- No hidden charges or roaming surcharges.
- TracFone has the largest digital coverage area in the U.S.
- TracFone services offer caller ID, call waiting, 3-way calling, voicemail, text messaging, and affordable roaming.
- Transparent airtime balance display and billing system.
- TracFone offers numerous promotional codes, which make the service more inexpensive.
How To Change Your Tracfone Plans
As TracFone plans are prepaid and come with no contracts it’s incredibly simple to change a plan. TracFone offers a number of prepaid monthly plans as well as numerous Pay As You Go plans. Customers can change plans online on TracFone’s official website or in-store by simply purchasing another plan or another Add-on card. You won’t have to deactivate the previous plan or pay any fees. Simply purchase another plan and that’s it.
Where To Buy Tracfone Airtime Minutes Card
You can buy a TracFone airtime minutes card at TracFone’s website in the add-on section. Before you will be able to see the card selections, you will be required to select whether you are using a smartphone or a basic phone and to enter your phone number. If you prefer to do it in-store, there are many stores throughout the country that sell TracFone Airtime Minutes Cards, including your local Walmart.
FAQs – Frequently Ask Questions
What is a Tracfone Airtime Card and a Text Only Card?
Tracfone Airtime card will buy you additional talk minutes, while the Text Only card will only add additional text messages. Both cards also give you additional days of service and the talk minutes or text that you fail to use will be automatically rolled over to the next month.
What is TracFone free min?
TracFone free min refers to TracFone free minutes. TracFone often offers promo codes that are used to entice and reward customers with free additional talk minutes, which they can add to their plans. They typically range from 20 to up to 300 free minutes and sometimes even additional free texts and data. To get these free minutes, simply use a coupon code when buying TracFone airtime for your mobile device.
How many talk minutes do you get from the Add-on Card?
As we have mentioned before, the number of talk minutes you get from an Add-on card depends on how much you pay for the card (cheaper cards give you fewer minutes, more expensive ones give you more minutes) and on whether you are planning to use them on a regular phone or a smartphone (for example, a $10 Add-on card will provide 500 additional talk minutes for a smartphone and only 100 additional talk minutes for a basic phone).