Have you ever desired to join Assurance Wireless network? Thankfully, it is possible to bring your own phone to this carrier if at all it is unlocked, not reported as lost and is compatible with Assurance network. To determine your device’s compatibility, you will need to utilize the Assurance Wireless IMEI checker. If you need to know more about assurance wireless IMEI checker and how to utilize it, we have made this comprehensive guide for you. Read this article and you will know more about how you can get started with this carrier’s IMEI checker, what to do in case your device is compatible or not and so much more!
Assurance Wireless IMEI Checker to Check Your Phone Compatibility
From the introduction, it is possible for you to determine your phone’s compatibility with this carrier by using the Assurance Wireless IMEI checker. However, before you get started with the Assurance Wireless IMEI checker, you should ensure that your selected device is unlocked first. Suppose the device is not unlocked, reach out to your previous carrier and request them to unlock it for you.
Additionally, your model should not have been reported to have been lost or stolen. This is because Assurance Wireless cannot allow you to bring such a model to its network. If you meet these requirements, time is ripe for you to get started with the Assurance Wireless IMEI checker. Here are the steps that you ought to follow:
- Get your phone ready.
- Dial *#06# on your phone in order to get its IMEI number. Remember that this is a 15-digit number that is unique to every device.
- After getting the phone’s IMEI number, note it somewhere and then head to the Assurance Wireless official website.
- Open this carrier’s BYOP compatibility checker and then key in the IMEI number that you have just obtained a while ago.
- If the model is compatible with Assurance Wireless network, be sure that you will be able to receive some instructions on your screen. In case the model is not compatible, you will receive instructions informing you on how you can apply for this carrier’s free phone and plan.
Apart from the online method, you can check your phone’s compatibility with this carrier’s network by reaching out to Assurance Wireless customer care service by dialing 1-888-321-5880. Once you are connected to an agent on the other end, let them know that you want to check your device’s compatibility with this carrier’s network.
You will be asked to submit your phone’s IMEI number and if the device is compatible, you will be guided on what to do next. Additionally, if the model is not compatible with the carrier, you will be notified on how you can apply for a free model and plan from Assurance Wireless.
What Should I do if Assurance Wireless IMEI Check Status is My Device is Compatible with this Network
Once you have confirmed that your device is compatible with this carrier’s network, the next thing is to create an account with Assurance Wireless and then fill in an application form. Typically, the form will help determine if you are eligible to enjoy this carrier’s Lifeline program or not.
If you meet this carrier’s Lifeline program eligibility requirements, be sure that you will be able to get a SIM card that you can then insert in your BYOP device. Thereafter, activate your device so that you can get started on this carrier’s network.
What Should I do if Assurance Wireless IMEI Check Status is Not Compatible My Device with this Network
If the Assurance Wireless IMEI check status shows that your device is not compatible with this carrier’s network, you will have to apply for a free model via this carrier’s Lifeline program. When applying for this program, ensure that you meet the much-needed low income eligibility criteria or be a beneficiary of a government assistance program such as Medicaid, SSI, SNAP, Section 8, Tribal Head Start, Tribal TANF, among others.
If you meet the minimum eligibility requirements, you can go ahead and apply for a free phone. The good news is that you will not only get a free phone but also discounted cell phone plans that can help lower your overall cost of communication.
How do I Bring My Device to Assurance Wireless After Checking My IMEI
If the Assurance Wireless IMEI checker shows that your device is compatible with this carrier, there is some good news for you. Here is how you can get started with the BYOP process.
- Create an online account: Once you device is compatible with this carrier’s network, the next thing is to create an online Assurance Wireless account. Here, you have to visit this carrier’s official website: “assurancewireless.com” and then create your account from that end. During the account creation process, you will need to enter vital details such as: your name, email, address among other details.
- Fill out an application form: After creating an account with this carrier, you will be required to fill out an application form so that you can enjoy this carrier’s affordable cell phone services. Typically, you should ensure that your income stands at or is below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines or be a participant of a government assistance program. During the application process, ensure that you key in the right details and then attach copies of your eligibility and personal documents and then proceed to the next step.
- Wait for approval: Once you submit your application form, trust that it will be reviewed by this carrier’s team. If you are eligible for this carrier’s Lifeline services, you will receive a notification via email. Thereafter, you will be able to receive a SIM card tool kit via mail. This SIM card can also be collected at this carrier’s nearest brick and mortar store after receiving the confirmation email.
- Insert the SIM card and activate your device: After receiving the SIM card, insert it and then activate your device. Thankfully, the process of activating your BYOP device is not difficult per se. When activating your device, note that you can do so either online by contacting this carrier’s customer support team on 1-888-321-5880. Once you are done with the activation process, be sure that you will start enjoying this carrier’s services right away.
Is Assurance Wireless IMEI Checker Free?
Yes. You will not be charged a dime for you to use the Assurance Wireless IMEI checker.