We understand that there’re many consumers that yearn to own an iPhone 12 pro max but can’t afford it. This mostly applies to low income consumers in the United States. Luckily, this article will address all your worries. If you looking forward to get this device for free, it’s unfortunate that this might not be possible. Though the government offers free iPhones to low income users, this offer is available on lower models only. These are models like iPhone 7, iPhone 6 or iPhone 8. Regrettably, iPhone 12 pro max is a high end smartphone, thus not available for free from the government.
However, all is not lost for iPhone 12 pro max fanatics. This is because you can get it at a discounted price through selected ACP providers. In addition, you can get great discounts on this device through various deals for new and existing customers. This article will highlight all possible avenues of getting cheaper iPhone 12 pro max without hurting your pocket. Keep reading!
Free iPhone 12 Pro Max Deals from Government Enlisted Wireless Service Provider
One of the most assured ways to get a free IPhone 12 pro max is by switching carriers or by signing up to your carrier’s deals for new customers. Although you won’t get your device completely free, you will enjoy huge discount through these deals. In this section, we shall briefly discuss these deals for better understanding:
- Switch Carrier Deals: When you switch to Verizon wireless and add a new line, you will be able to get a free iPhone 12 pro max from the carrier’s online portal. However, you must add or sign up to a 5G unlimited plan to enjoy this deal.
- New Customer Deals: You can also get great discounts on iPhone 12 models from various carriers like Verizon, ATT and T-Mobile when you sign-in as a new customer. From these carriers, you can enjoy up to 50% discount on this device. However, most of these carriers require you to port your number before enjoying these discounts. Please note that free iPhone 12 deals are limited time offers. Therefore, we recommend you to keep checking your carrier’s websites for arising updates.
iPhone 12 Pro Max Deals Under Government Free Program
Apart from the deals discussed above, you can also get iPhone 12 pro max through ACP program. However, the program doesn’t offer the phone for free. Instead, you will get a certain discount as long as you meet ACP eligibility requirements. Below are ACP providers that offer these discounts:
- Airtalk Wireless: Is your total household income at or below 200% of the federal poverty guideline or participates in programs like Medicaid, supplemental security income or federal public housing assistance? You will get up to $80 discount on this device plus free calls, texts and high speed data. To get this device, visit air talk wireless “airtalkwireless.com/phone/detail/59” and tap “buy now’
- Cintex Wireless: Cintex wireless offers up to $100 discount on apple iPhone 12 pro to their ACP customers, as long as they meet the programs income or program eligibility requirements. In addition, the carrier offers free high speed data, free texts and calls every month. To claim your benefit, visit the carrier’s website “cintexwireless.com/phone/detail/60” and tap “apply”
- NewPhone Wireless: If you come from a low income household or participate in government assistance programs, newphone wireless also allows you to own or upgrade to iPhone 12 pro max at a lesser cost. The carrier offers up to $200 discount on this device plus free texts, calls and high speed data every month. To get your device, visit their website and tap “apply” “newphone.com/phone/detail/59”.
Process of Getting Government iPhone 12 Pro Max
To get a government iPhone 12 pro max, you should first qualify for the government’s affordable connectivity program. Once you qualify, gather all your documents, fill the national verifier application form, contact your provider then receive your device. Here’s a brief discussion of this process:
Step 1: Meet ACP Qualification requirements
To qualify for this offer, you should meet at least one of the following income or program qualification requirements:
To qualify subject to your income, your total household income should not exceed 200% of the federal poverty guideline. Below is a table of your income qualification limit, based on your state and family size:
|Family size||48 contiguous states, and territories||Alaska state||Hawaii state|
You can also qualify if you are a beneficiary of the following government assistance programs in federal or tribal land:
- Special supplemental nutrition program for women, infants and Children
- Veterans pension and survivors benefit
- Free and reduced price school lunch program.
- Federal public housing assistance program
- Food distribution program of Indian reservations.
- Bureau of Indian affairs
- Tribal temporary assistance for needy families
- Head start
Step 2: Application documents
The second step requires you to gather your identity and eligibility documents:
- Your Passport
- Birth certificate
- Your US driver’s license
- Green card
- Your Valid tribal, state, military or government ID
- Your Certificate of US citizenship
- Utility bill
- Most recent W-2 or tax return
- Mortgage or lease statement
Program qualification documents
- Your program’s benefit award letter
- Your program’s approval letter
- Statement of benefits
- Your program’s benefit verification letter
- Social security statement of benefits
- Your Unemployment or worker’s compensation statement of benefits
- Veterans administration statement of benefits
- Retirement statement of benefits
- Paycheck stub
- Your Prior year’s federal, state or tribal tax return
- You Divorce decree
- Your child support award.
Step 3: Sign up process
At this stage, you should visit ACP online portal, complete your application online or via mail and contact your carrier for a free device. Here’s step to follow:
Sign up online
- Open ACP portal: “nv.fcc.gov/lifeline?awsl=button-from-how-to-apply&id=acp&ln=RW5nbGlzaA%3D%3D”
- Provide your city, state or ZIP code.
- Enter your phone number or email address
- Provide your social security number and follow prompts
- Submit your application and get your approval ID.
Sign up through mail
- Download your paper application form, “affordableconnectivity.gov/help/tools/#instructions”, fill it and mail it to the address below:
ACP Support Center,
P.O Box 9100, Wilkes-Barre,
Step 4: receive your benefits
Once you get approval from the lifeline national verifier, you should contact any of the providers above to claim your benefits. All you need to do is visit your provider’s website, select your device then tap “buy now”
What Models of Free Government iPhone Can I Get?
While the government doesn’t offer free iPhone 12 pro max at the moment, you can get older models through selected ACP service providers. These are models like:
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 plus
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 plus
- iPhone SE
What Other Benefits do I Get with Free Government iPhone
After getting free government iPhone, you will get additional free texts, calls and data every month. In addition, you will get to enjoy free voicemail, call forwarding, caller ID, and three way calling and call waiting services depending with your service provider