To start with, Cathect Communications is one of the leading telecommunication companies that operate in the United States. From offering budget-friendly cell phone plans to allowing you to enjoy a good customer service. Besides this, Cathect Communications allows you to get a free tablet once you qualify for its Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) facility. So, time is ripe for you to know how you can qualify for Cathect Communications free tablet, the application process, how to activate it and so much more. Read on to know more!
Ways to Apply For The Cathect Communications Free Tablet
When applying for the Cathect Communications free tablet, there are a number of steps that you should follow. First, you should ensure that you are eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) facility. You can visit “affordableconnectivity.gov/do-i-qualify” and check your eligibility status from that end. Apart from meeting the eligibility requirements, you should ensure that you live within a state where this carrier offers its services.
Once you meet these requirements, the next step is to visit “cathectc.com/affordable-connectivity-program” and then fill out the form that you will find on your screen. Here, you will come across a number of sections where you ought to key in your details.
Some of the details that you should enter include, your name, valid email address, your phone number and a message to the carrier’s customer support team. Once you are done, click on the ‘Send Message’ and the sales team will reach out to you during the normal business hours.
Cathect Communications ACP Facility for Free Tablet
Cathect Communications ACP facility allows all the eligible applicants to get a free tablet so that they can be connected less expensively. However, this model is not free as you might have to part with at least $10 for you get this model.
The carrier on the other hand offers you a one-time discount of up to $100. With the discount at hand, you can be sure that you will not strain your budget in order to purchase your desired Cathect Communications tablet.
Besides the discounted or free tablet, this carrier’s ACP facility allows you to enjoy monthly discounts of up to $30 if you live on Non-tribal lands. However, if you live on Tribal lands, you are bound to save more as you’ll get discounts of up to $75 per month. To learn more about this carrier’s ACP, visit “cathectc.com/affordable-connectivity-program”.
Activate Cathect Communications Free Tablet & SIM Card
Once you receive the free tablet, the next step is to activate it alongside the SIM card that comes with the model. To do this, ensure that you insert the SIM card into the tablet and then switch it on. After powering the device, you might see a number of prompts on your screen.
Follow them and within no time, you will be able to activate the Cathect Communications free tablet and SIM card. To establish if the activation process was successful, try to call your friends or even text them. In case everything works well, then your device and SIM card have been activated successfully.
Eligibility Requirements for Submitting You Application for Cathect Communications Free Tablet
When applying for the Cathect Communications free tablet, there are a number of requirements that you ought to meet. First, you must ensure that your income stands at or is below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
Suppose you do not qualify via the low income criteria, note that you can qualify for the free tablet in case you are a beneficiary of a government assistance program. The following are some of the programs that can make you eligible for this carrier’s free tablet:
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children(WIC)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program(SNAP)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Supplemental Security Income(SSI)
- You were approved for the Federal Pell Grant in the current award year
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- You are a beneficiary of the Federal and Reduced Price School Breakfast Program or School Lunch Program, including at the U.S Department of Agriculture (USDA) Community Eligibility Provision Schools.
Besides being a participant of any of the above-mentioned programs, be certain that you can qualify for Cathect Communications free tablet if you reside on Tribal lands. However, you should be a participant of any of these programs:
- Tribal Head Start
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families(Tribal TANF)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
Necessary Documents Required to Obtain the Cathect Communications Free Tablet
As you apply for the Cathect Communications free tablet, there are certain documents that you should attach to your application form. These include:
- Personal documents
- Eligibility documents
By submitting the above-mentioned documents, trust that you will be able to prove both your identity and eligibility status. To prove your identity, ensure that you submit a copy of any of these documents:
- Certificate of U.S citizenship or naturalization
- Utility bill
- Mortgage or lease statement
- Government-issued, state, military or Tribal ID
- W-2 or tax return document
- Permanent resident card
- Green card
- U.S driver’s license
When it comes to eligibility documents, the kind of copies that you should attach to the application form will be determined by the criteria that made you qualify for the tablet. For example, if you meet the low-income criteria, here are some of the documents that you can submit during the application process:
- Retirement or pension statement of benefits
- Paycheck stub
- Current income statement from your employer
- Child support award
- Federal or Tribal notice letter of participation in General Assistance
- Veterans Administration Statement of Benefits
- Social Security Statement of Benefits
- Unemployment or Worker’s Compensation Statement of Benefits
- Divorce decree
- Prior year’s state, Tribal or Federal tax return
In case you are a beneficiary of Medicaid, SSI, Tribal Head Start or WIC, consider submitting a copy of any of these documents during the application process:
- Benefit verification letter
- Statement of benefits
- Benefit award letter
- Approval letter
If Your Cathect Communications Free Tablet Application has Failed, What Could Have Led to That
Your Cathect Communication free tablet application might be rejected due to the following reasons:
- You failed to key in the right details during the application process
- You are not a resident of any of the states that this carrier offers its services.
- You are not 18 years and above
- There is another person within your household who enjoys the benefits that come with ACP facility.
- You are already benefiting from another carrier’s ACP facility
- Your income is above 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- You were not approved to enjoy government assistance programs such as SNAP, SSI, Medicaid, WIC, or Tribal Head Start.
- You failed to attach copies of your personal and eligibility documents to your Cathect Communications free tablet application form.
- The copies that you choose to attach to the application form were not clear.
Types of Tablet You Will Get Once I Qualify for Cathect Communications ACP Facility
Although it is difficult to tell which model you might obtain after qualifying for the Cathect Communications ACP facility, note that you will get a decent tablet that will suit your needs. In most cases, you are likely to get a tablet from renowned brands such as Lenovo, Samsung, LG, Alcatel, Acer, and so on.
While the model might not be new per se, trust that it will come with amazing features such as a large ROM, RAM, and good camera and so on. Some of the models that you are likely to get from this carrier include:
- Apple iPad 3
- Alcatel Joy Tab
- Apple iPad Mini
- Samsung Galaxy Tab E
- Sky Pad 8
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
- Apple iPad Mini 2
- Alcatel Joy Tab 2
More importantly, note that the model that you will receive will depend on its availability, where you live, among other crucial factors.
Restrictions to Getting Cathect Communications free Tablet
There are certain restrictions or conditions that apply to those who want to obtain the Cathect Communications free tablet. Here are the restrictions that you should be aware of;
- Make sure that you live in a state where this carrier offers its Affordable Connectivity Program
- Ensure that you meet the low income criteria. This means that your income should stand at or is below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. Suppose you fail to meet the low income criteria, make sure that you are a participant of a government assistance program.
- No one within your household should be benefiting from the Affordable Connectivity Program. This leaves room for you to make your application and get approved in case you meet the much-needed eligibility requirements.
- You should not be enjoying the benefits of another carrier’s ACP if you want to obtain the Cathect Communications free tablet.
- The benefits that come with Cathect Communications ACP are not transferrable.
- Once you qualify and get the ACP benefits of this carrier, note that you should make use of them at least once in a month/a period of 30 days. By doing so, trust that your account will always be active.
- Remember to recertify for this carrier’s ACP once in every 12 months.
Other Benefits Come with the Cathect Communications Free Tablet
By getting the Cathect Communications free tablet, trust that you will enjoy the following benefits:
- You will be able to learn from the comfort of your home
- The model allows you to access emergency health care services
- With the Cathect Communications free tablet at hand, you will be able to remain connected with your loved ones and friends.
- The free tablet enables you to work virtually or remotely.
- You can use the model to play mobile games, stream online contents, watch movies, surf the internet and so forth. As a result, you will no longer grapple with boredom during your free time.
- The model allows you to seek for better job opportunities online.
- The free tablet allows you to know what is happening both locally and internationally. This can be attributed to the fact that it allows you to read news online.
- The model allows you to become more independent as you can download apps that can allow you to undertake different activities. Some good examples of these activities include managing medications, ordering household items online and so on.
How long does it take to get Cathect Communications free tablet?
Typically, you can expect to get the Cathect Communications free tablet between 7 and 10 business days.
I participate in Lifeline program. Can I be eligible to apply for Cathect Communications ACP?
Yes. If you are a beneficiary of the Lifeline program, be sure that you qualify to apply for the Cathect Communications ACP.
Is it possible to upgrade the Cathect Communications free tablet?
Well, this is relative. You have to contact this carrier’s customer support team and make enquiries about upgrading your Cathect Communications free tablet. This is because different carriers have different policies when it comes to the upgrading of free tablets.
I qualified for Cathect Communications free tablet. Will I enjoy a good customer service?
Yes. Once of the main benefits of getting Cathect Communications free tablet is that you will enjoy a responsive customer support team. This means that you can always address any device or service related issue anytime of the day and get the help you need.
My Cathect Communications free tablet is not working. What could be wrong? Any solutions?
Your Cathect Communications free tablet might fail to work due to a number of reasons. For instance, if you inserted the SIM card wrongly, be sure that it will not work. Also, if the device has bugs, the tablet will not be optimal in is performance. The model can fail to work well if you live in an area that does not enjoy this carrier’s network coverage. To solve these issues, ensure that you insert the SIM card properly, restart your device and relocate to a locality that enjoys this carrier’s network coverage respectively.