Assurance Wireless offers Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity Program. If you are looking for a free phone and tablet from Assurance wireless, then you will only get a free phone. This can be attributed to the fact that the carrier’s ACP program does not offer free tablets. However, if you apply for either its Lifeline or ACP facility, you will get a free phone. Its ACP facility not only allows you to get a free phone but also free cell phone services and 2.5 GB of mobile hotspot data. In this article, we shall explore how you can get Assurance Wireless free phone and tablet, alongside other related facets.
About Assurance Wireless Free Phone And Tablet
From the introduction, it is crystal clear that this carrier’s Affordable Connectivity Program does not offer free tablets. Instead, its ACP facility allows you to get a free Android smartphone. Apart from the ACP facility, you can go ahead and apply for its Lifeline program and get a free phone, alongside other impressive offers.
Therefore, all you need to do is to either meet the eligibility requirements of this carrier’s ACP or Lifeline program and you will be all set. Since you will get a smartphone and discounted cell phone plans, you will be able to lower your communication expenses by a large margin.
Qualifying Guideline For Assurance Wireless Free Phone And Tablet
Since Assurance Wireless does not offer free tablets, trust that you will only be able to get a free phone from this carrier. To obtain a free phone, you need to meet this carrier’s Lifeline program or ACP eligibility requirements.
When it comes to Assurance Wireless Lifeline program, you should ensure that your income stands at or is below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. On the other hand, if you want to apply for a free government phone via this carrier’s ACP facility, you need to ensure that your income stands at or is below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
Supposing you do not meet the low income criteria, be sure that you will be able to qualify for an Assurance Wireless free phone if you are a beneficiary of a government assistance program. Some of these programs include:
- Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance(Section 8)
- Veterans Survivors Pensions Fund
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women (WIC)
- You are a participant of the Free and Reduced Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program, including at the USDA Community Eligibility Provision schools.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program(SNAP)
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families(Tribal TANF)
- Tribal Head Start
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- You benefited from the Federal Pell Grant in the current award year
Apart from the above-mentioned requirements, you should ensure that you are 18 years and above. Moreover, you can go ahead and apply for a free phone via this carrier’s ACP or Lifeline program in case you are an emancipated minor. Lastly, you are required to live in a state where Assurance Wireless offers Lifeline or ACP facility.
Documents Need When Apply For Assurance Wireless Free Phone And Tablet
For your application to see the light of day, you need to submit copies of your personal and eligibility documents during the application process. By doing so, this carrier’s team will be able to prove your identity and eligibility status. To prove that you are a beneficiary of a government assistance programs such as SSI, SNAP, Tribal TANF or LIHEAP, ensure that you submit copies of the following documents:
- Benefit award letter
- Statement of benefits
- Benefit verification letter
- Approval letter
If your income stands at or is below 135% or 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, here are the document that you ought to submit during the application process:
- Current income statement from your employer
- Support award
- Paycheck stub
- Tribal or Federal notice letter of participation in General Assistance
- Veterans Administration statement of benefits
- Divorce decree
To prove your identity, ensure that you submit a document that contains your name in full, your place of residence, date of birth, among other finer details. Some of the documents that contain these details include:
- Permanent resident card or Green card
- Birth Certificate
- Government-issued, military or Tribal ID
- Lease or mortgage statement
- Utility bill
- W-2 or tax return document
- Lease or mortgage statement
- U.S driver’s license
- Certificate of U.S citizenship or naturalization.
Applying Guideline For Assurance Wireless Free Phone And Tablet
First, you can only apply for a free phone and not a free tablet from this carrier. To apply for a free phone from Assurance Wireless, follow these steps:
- Get your computer ready and then launch your browser.
- Visit “assurancewireless.com” and then key in your ZIP code.
- If this carrier offers its ACP or Lifeline within your state, trust that you will be able to redirected to the actual application page.
- As you apply for a free phone, ensure that you enter the right details as required. From your place of residence to your name in full, there are several details that you might be prompted to key in during the application process.
- Attach copies of your personal and eligibility documents to your application form.
- Check and ensure that everything is right and then tap on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Once you are done, Assurance Wireless team will review your application form and then respond to you after a few days.
Supposing you met all the eligibility requirements set by this carrier, you will be able to get a free phone via mail. When it comes to free texts, minutes of talk and mobile data, note that you will enjoy them once your next month’s billing cycle starts.
Are There Any Restrictions for Assurance Wireless Free Phone And Tablet
When applying for Assurance Wireless free phone and tablet, there are certain restrictions that apply. Some of these restrictions include:
- Ensure that your income stands at or is below 135% or 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines or be a participant of a government assistance program such as SNAP, SSI, Section 8, Medicaid, Tribal TANF, Tribal Head Start, among others.
- The benefits that you are likely to enjoy from this carrier’s Lifeline or ACP program are not transferable to another household or person. Whether the other person or household qualifies for the Lifeline or ACP benefits or not, you are not permitted to transfer your benefits to them.
- Ensure that you are at least 18 years and live in a state where Assurance Wireless offers its ACP or Lifeline program.
- You have to recertify that you are still eligible for this carrier’s ACP or Lifeline program at least once a year.
- You can only enjoy the Lifeline or ACP benefits from one service provider such as Assurance Wireless at a time.
- The benefits that you are likely to reap from this carrier’s ACP or Lifeline program can only be enjoyed by one person in a household at a time.
Other Benefits You May Get Along With Assurance Wireless Free Phone And Tablet
Besides getting a free Assurance Wireless phone, trust that you will enjoy a myriad of benefits. However, the benefits that you will enjoy will depend on your preferred Assurance Wireless government program. For instance, if you apply for a free phone via Lifeline, trust that you will enjoy these additional benefits:
- Unlimited texts
- Unlimited mobile data
- Free monthly minutes
On the other hand, if you apply for a free phone via ACP, here are the benefits that you will enjoy:
- Unlimited mobile data(25GB of high speed data)
- Unlimited texts
- Unlimited minutes
- Free 2.5 monthly mobile hotspot data
Apart from this, you will enjoy the following impressive offers:
- Free call ID service
- Free calling to 211
- Free voicemail services
- You will not be subjected to any annual contract
- Free call waiting service
- Free calls to this carrier’s customer support team
- Free access to 911
- A good network coverage, thanks to T-Mobile network.
- Affordable international rates to over 200 destinations
- Multi-layer scam protection(scam block, scam ID and Name Caller ID)
- You will be free to keep your existing number
In What Areas Does Assurance Wireless Offer Free Phone And Tablet
Unlike other Lifeline service providers, this one offers Lifeline benefits to over 40 states of the U.S. Since we established that this carrier does not offer free tablets, trust that you will only be able to get a free phone, alongside discounted cell phone plans.
Some of the states where this carrier offers free phones include; New Mexico, Colorado, Connecticut, California, District of Columbia, North Carolina, West Virginia, Kentucky, Florida, Indiana, Delaware, New Jersey, Washington, Georgia, Utah, Nevada, Maine, Texas, Alabama, Illinois, Michigan, Arizona, among other states.
How long does it take to get assurance wireless free phone and tablet?
Well, this carrier does not offer free tablets. Therefore, you can only apply for a free phone via its ACP or Lifeline program. Supposing you apply for a free phone, be certain that you will get it within 5 to 10 business days.
Can I upgrade my Assurance wireless free phone and tablet?
Supposing you want to upgrade your Assurance Wireless free phone, note that you are at liberty to do so at a fee. You can contact this carrier’s customer support team for more details. Thankfully, there are several models that you can purchase at a discount from this carrier’s online store. Remember that the price that you will pay for an upgrade might be higher than that of a replacement.
What happens if I lost my assurance wireless free phone and tablet?
If you have misplaced or lost your Assurance Wireless free phone, trust that you can replace it at a small fee. Here, you need to brace yourself to pay at least $20 for you to get a replacement model. All you need to do is to contact this carrier’s customer support team by dialing 1-88-321-5880 and notify the agent on the other end about the issue. You might be asked for a number of details such as your Assurance Wireless 10-digit phone number, your name, and so forth. Thereafter, you will be guided on how you will get a replacement model.
Is assurance wireless free phone and tablet offer permanent?
Not really. You can always upgrade your free phone at a fee and enjoy better features. As for the free tablets, this carrier does not offer them via its ACP facility. The good news is that Assurance Wireless has an array of smartphones that you can upgrade to and enjoy better functionality. Since these models come at a budget-friendly price, you will not have to strain your budget for you to afford any of them.