Would you like to control your iPhone from a PC? Many iPhone users find themselves interested to mirror their devices and enjoy a bigger screen display from their PC. After all, most iPhone devices do not have a big screen compared to PC. Through your PC, you will be able to receive all the notifications that you normally receive on your iPhone device, use various iPhone apps on your PC, and even play the games present on your device. Since you will be able to use the PC’s mouse and keyboard, be sure to have a wonderful experience.
Although there are apps that allow you to enjoy the advantages mentioned above seamlessly, you might have to jailbreak your iOS device. The entire process of jail-breaking your device can be time-consuming and frustrating. However, the good news is that there still some programs that allow you to control your iPhone device from a PC without jail-breaking remotely. In this article, we shall take a closer look at some of these methods so that you can make an informed decision.
Safest Way To Control Your iPhone From PC
1. Use AirServer
This app is an ideal option for you if you want to control your iPhone from your Mac. By using this app, your Mac will act as an AirPlay receiver. This gives you an opportunity to mirror cast your iPhone’s screen on your Mac. When using this app, you will be controlling your iPhone as a media store and not entirely the device itself.
It is also imperative to note that this app does not need any wired connection in order to control your iPhone from Mac. Also, it allows you to adjust the resolution of the mirror screen from 720p to 180p. However, this depends on the connected device.
To utilize this app;
- You should first download AirServer on your Mac and then install it. You can readily find this app from AirServer.com.
- Once you have downloaded and installed it on your Mac, you can now connect your iOS device to the same wireless network as that of the Mac.
- From the bottom of your iPhone, pull up the control center and then tap on the AirPlay Mirroring option.
- After that, choose which AirPlay receiver you want to show iPhone screen to from the list. Your iPhone will be successfully connected to the Mac.
Once this is done, you can now start streaming content from the AirPlay-enabled app to AirServer. All that you need to do is;
- Click on the mirroring switch and then turn the switch green. This way, you will have enabled the iPhone screen on the Mac successfully.
- Since you can now control your iPhone from the computer, resize the iPhone screen and carry on with other tasks that you might be doing on your Mac.
2. Use ISL Light
By using this app, you will be able to access your iPhone device directly from your computer and even have more control. You will realize that this app is actually designed as a remote desktop application that allows you to access unattended computers and other devices. In this case, it will remotely access and manage your device and even provides on-demand IT support.
Besides this, you will be able to view your device’s screen and control it remotely. Unlike other apps, this one can actually help you troubleshoot bugs on your iPhone as well as manage data and configure your device.
For you to do all that we have stated above, you should;
- Download the app on your computer.
- Once you have downloaded the ISL Light app on your computer, ensure that you install it. You should do the same for your iPhone device.
- Once everything is set, you can now launch the app on your computer. As you do this, go to your iPhone and then turn on the ISL Light app as well, so as to connect to the existing session.
- Once you have done this, share the session code with your iOS device for the connection. If the connection is successful, you will now have the liberty to access your iPhone over Wi-Fi or cellular data. Also, you will be able to see live screenshots on your iPhone chat with anyone you please, send and receive notifications and so much more.
3. Using Chrome Remote Desktop
Earlier on, Chrome Remote Desktop was only meant for Android users. However, over time, it has been extended to cater for those who use iPhone devices. With this app, just like the ones we have mentioned above, you will be able to control your iPhone device from another computer. Once your device is connected, this app will give the master computer access to all the contents present on the remote iPhone device. Besides this, the app comes with impressive features such as text chatting, transfer of files, and many more.
To utilize this app, you should;
- Download and install Chrome Remote Desktop on your computer. You also need to install its free iOS version on your iOS device.
- Once everything is set, connect both the iPhone and computer on the same Wi-Fi network. Better still, you can plug a lightning cable so as to connect these two devices.
- Once a connection has been established, you will now be able to access and control your device remotely. Basically, everything that is present on your device will be cast on your computer’s screen. Therefore, you will have the luxury to play the videos on your iPhone device, check the gallery photos, chat, and so on.
4. A-power Mirror
Apart from the apps mentioned above, A-power Mirror is another app that allows users to cast iPhone devices on a PC screen with high-quality reflection. This app is different from other apps as it does not lag when you cast your phone’s screen on your PC. Here, you will actually enjoy a responsive mirroring process.
Apart from this, the app has a whiteboard marker function that allows you to draw lines and shapes on your screen. Therefore, you will be able to conduct a presentation even if you have your iPhone device as your remote to access the computer.
Also, its desktop program allows you to adjust your Air Play resolution so as to get the best display quality. If you want to start using this app, you should;
- First download A-power Mirror app both on your PC and iPhone.
- After that, connect both devices using a lighting cable and then install drivers. Here, you should wait for it to detect your PC.
- Once your PC has been detected, tap the Trust on your iPhone
- On your PC, click ‘Already trusted,’ and then your iPhone will be connected automatically. Thereafter, you can start playing games on your iPhone, chat with friends, or better still, surf the internet on a larger screen.
5. Use Veency
Veency is another tool that can help you control your iPhone from a PC. This app was created and released by Cydia. However, it only works for jail-broken devices. With this tool, you will be able to access your iPhone’s control such as the lock and menu button, touch screen, and even type anything you want using your PC’s keyboard. For you to utilize this app, you should;
- First download and install this app on both your phone and PC.
- After the installation process, tap the ‘Restart Springboard’ and then wait for the Cydia to work.
- Once done, it should be available in your settings. Thereafter, find the Veency entry on your iPhone setting, and then from there, toggle the ‘Show cursor’ to on. By doing this, you will be able to control your device remotely.
For optimal results, you should ensure that you connect your iPhone and PC to the same wireless network. Thereafter, you can launch VNC Viewer on your computer and then type in the IP address based on your iPhone. By doing this, you will see your iPhone displayed on your PC screen. After that, you can control your iPhone from the PC.
6. Use Team Viewer
The above-mentioned software is a fully functional remote control solution that comes with a myriad of features. The good news is that you can now install this software on your PC and access your iPhone without any problem. In fact, the latest version of this software comes with a dedicated screen-sharing feature that allows you to share your iPhone’s screen with anyone out there.
This way, they will equally be able to monitor tour activities. Although you might not have full control of your iPhone through a PC, at least you will be able to monitor your device on a larger screen. Such is critical to those who have experienced a technical fault on their iPhone and need to explain to a professional technician or even a friend.
For you to use this software, your device has to run on Ios 11 or above. In addition, you should install the latest Team Viewer 13 on the remote iPhone device. Once you have installed this app on your device, launch it and it will automatically generate a unique ID for your iPhone device.
Once that is done, open the same app on your PC and then click ‘Remote Control’ in the top-left corner. Enter the ID that was generated on your iPhone device and then click ‘connect.’ Enable the ‘Screen Mirroring’ feature on your iPhone device, and you will be able to control this device on your PC.
Modern technology has revolutionized many things in our lives. One of them is the ability to control mobile devices from a big screen such as that of a PC. The above-mentioned remote applications have made this a reality. You just need to follow the steps mentioned above, and you will be good to go. Consider these apps today, and you will enjoy more convenience.