Having access to the internet has been more or less essential for most of the population for years now. However, day by day the online world made more important. Even Schools and many non-online related jobs have we forced to switch online. This mainly includes communication services, which all require an internet connection.
To cover all your internet access needs, unlimited wireless internet is the best option for most users. Unlimited means that you are not limited by the amount of data you download or upload and also you are not time-limited. Wireless means that you do not require cable connection and may use either mobile internet or Wi-Fi router.
In this article, we will take a closer look at the unlimited wireless internet options that you have as a user in 2021. Luckily for you, the vast majority of internet and wireless providers offer unlimited plans, of course, those vary in prices. Moreover, many internet and wireless companies came up with highly discounted plans to help mitigate the increase of needs for unlimited wireless internet in 2021.
What Is Unlimited Wireless Internet?
There are two major ways to get online these days – you can either use internet providers (fixed-line broadband) or you can use wireless providers (mobile broadband). The word ‘wireless’ in the latter tells you that if you want to go truly cable-free, you need to go with the wireless provides, which means you will be accessing the online world via mobile data. To make that the ‘unlimited wireless internet’, you need to get the appropriate deals or package, which will provide you with unlimited amounts of mobile data.
Another option for getting unlimited wireless internet is to use internet providers. However, in that case, the main internet connection to your home or office will come via some sort of cord (DSL, cable, or fiber). This fact alone puts the ‘wireless’ part under the question. However, with the use of a Wi-Fi router you are then able to create your own unlimited wireless internet network for your home or office, thus it is also considered as the unlimited wireless internet option.
Multiple Unlimited Wireless Internet Options
So do you want to be completely wire-free or do you want to use the cable internet connection and distribute it using a Wi-Fi router? The choice is yours. Both options have what it takes to provide you with unlimited wireless internet.
Each of the two unlimited wireless internet options come with some advantages and some disadvantages. We will cover those below. The main aspects to consider are your location (coverage), purpose, and plan/deal.
Unlimited Wireless Internet From Wireless Providers
In the past, when most mobile networks operated on 3G networks, mobile data was rather slow and was used as an alternative method in places that had no access to wired broadband. However, now that most wireless providers offer 4G (LTE) and even 5G networks, the mobile data broadband may as well be the first choice for your unlimited wireless internet.
The main downside of mobile data unlimited wireless internet is still their coverage and consistency issues in certain areas. As you probably know, wireless providers do not cover all areas equally. As such, there are places where the signal is poor or even completely unavailable. Moreover, the weather affects mobile networks too.
That said, for you to go with the mobile data broadband as the main source of your unlimited wireless internet, make sure you live in an area where the connection is available and consistent.
One of the main advantages of the unlimited wireless internet attained via the mobile provider is the fact that you are fully mobile. No wires mean that you can take your unlimited wireless internet with you as long as the signal is strong enough.
In order to use unlimited wireless internet in form of mobile data broadband, you will need a SIM card and a device that operates based on that SIM card and has access to the mobile data. The most typical devices are smartphones and tablets. However, if you are looking to use the unlimited wireless internet for laptops and PCs, you may use smartphones and tablets as hotspots, or get an external device known as a dongle or Wi-Fi hotspot.
In addition to a SIM-based device, you will also need a wireless plan that will enable you to use unlimited amounts of data. These types of plans are offered by many wireless companies.
Unlimited Wireless Internet From Internet Providers
While wireless providers’ coverage comes via air, one of the internet providers comes via a network of cables. As such, in order for you to use a specific provider’s internet service, their network of cables must run by your home or office.
If the specific provider is available in your area, you will be able to connect to their services. There are three types of connection – cable, DSL, and fiber. Fiber is the fastest and best option. As such, we advise you to go with that option if available.
The best thing about the unlimited wireless internet via internet providers is stability. The signal is very stable and the connection established constantly.
Of course, the main downside is that you will need to get connected to their network and that use a combination of modem and Wi-Fi router to create your unlimited wireless internet. Wi-Fi routers are often offered by the internet providers as part of their package, however, most tend to charge you a monthly fee for its use. As such, it tends to make sense to buy your own Wi-Fi router. These days modems with built-in Wi-Fi routers are also a good choice.
Which one of the two options should you choose? Well, this totally depends on your preferences and needs. However, we highly recommend you to consider your location. If you are able to get stable and consistent unlimited wireless internet by both, internet providers and wireless providers, you can go with the more affordable option. However, if you live in an area that does not have a stable mobile 4G LTE signal, we advise you to go with an internet provider.
That said, let’s take a closer look at some of the most popular unlimited wireless internet options in the USA in 2021. Are you ready to dig in? Let’s do this!
Unlimited Wireless Internet From Mobile Broadband Connection
Since mobile broadband is the only truly wireless internet, we feel it’s only fair to start with unlimited wireless internet options offered by wireless providers. Below are some of the best unlimited wireless internet options.
Note: Before you sign up or order any unlimited wireless internet plan, always make sure to check the availability/coverage in your area. To do so, you can either visit the provider’s official website and find the ‘Check Availability’ or similar button or call their customer support.
1. AT&T Unlimited
AT&T is well reputable wireless and internet provider in the USA. They have many plans, including several unlimited options. Those options are relatively pricey, however, if you include several lines (get a family deal), the price becomes more reasonable.
AT&T Unlimited EXTRA and ELITE are the two unlimited plans that include Hotspot, however, none of them doesn’t offer unlimited Hotspot data. With the Extra plan, you get 15GB of data for Hotspot, while you get 30GB with the Elite plan.
The Extra plan costs $75/month per single line but drops all the way to $35/month per line if 5 lines are chosen.
The Elite plan is $80/month per single line, however, if 5 lines are bundled, it comes at $45/month per line.
AT&T Unlimited Elite features:
- Unlimited talk, text, data + 100GB of Premium Data; After 100GB, AT&T may temporarily slow data speeds if the network is busy
- 5G access included
- Unlimited talk, text, and data in Mexico & Canada
- 2G off-net data speeds may apply.
- Unlimited texting from the U.S. to 120+ countries
- Advanced Mobile Security- Spam & fraud call blocking, safe browsing, identity monitoring, and more.
- High-definition streaming available
- 30GB Hotspot data per line per month
- HBO Max™ included
- Signature Program members save up to $10/mo. per line through your work or organization
2. T-Mobile Home Internet
T-Mobile is one of the leading wireless providers in the USA. As such, it offers great coverage and many unlimited options. You can view their wireless plans, just make sure that they are unlimited and that include hotspot data. However, they have a plan specially designed for home internet, which is presented below.
T-Mobile Home Internet main features:
- Price: $50/month with autopay
- No data caps
- No price hikes
- Without annual contracts
- No hidden fees
- No hardware costs
- Powered by T-Mobile’s nationwide LTE network
- Easy, do-it-yourself set up
- 24/7 live technical support
- Connect and use multiple devices at the same time
- Built-in security features
3. Verizon – Top Speed
Verizon is the leading USA wireless provider. They pride in amazing coverage, stable and impressive services, and responsive customer support. They offer various mobile plans, many of which include unlimited mobile data, including hotspots.
However, there are two plans that are especially devoted to people looking to use the mobile network to get online – 5G Home Internet Services and LTE Home Internet. Both plans, especially the 5G one, offer amazing speeds. Make sure to check availability.
5G Home Internet Services main features:
- $50/month with Verizon mobile plan
- $70/month without Verizon mobile plan
- The all-new 5G Internet Gateway – part router, part receiver – one device to unleash up to 1-gigabit speeds
- No annual contracts or hidden fees.
- Plus, get an Amazon Smart Home Bundle and entertainment on Verizon.
- Easy Setup – Get online in a few easy steps. Plus 30 days of free setup support included. Self setup available in certain areas
- Add Verizon Protect Home for eligible smart home products, digital security, and 24/7 tech support.
LTE Home Internet main features:
- $40/month with Verizon mobile plan
- $60/month without Verizon mobile plan
- Up to 5x faster speeds – Enjoy speeds up to 5 times faster than required for HD video streaming. The typical speed is 25-50 Mbps (not available in all areas)
- LTE Home Internet taps into the power of Verizon’s 4G LTE network to give you the wireless home internet you deserve
- With the My Verizon app, you can get through Self Setup in no time
- You can add Verizon Protect Home for protection, digital security, and 24/7 tech support
4. Nomad Internet – Best Rural
Nomad Internet is one of the best options for rural places and travelers. It offers various plans that either includes a Wi-Fi device or come only with a SIM card (Bring Your Own Device option).
Their plans start at $99/month.
- Unlimited 4G LTE
- No Data Limit
- Home & On-The-Go
- No contract
- No Credit Check
5. Visible Wireless – Best Value
If you are looking for the best value unlimited wireless internet, Visible Wireless may be the way to go. These may be an especially great option if you are looking to use your mobile phone or tablet to access online and do not mind slightly slower speeds.
Their deal comes at very affordable prices, however, keep in mind that unlike the above-mentioned providers, Visible Wireless offers limited-speed hotspot data.
- Single unlimited plan for no confusion: $40/month – Get unlimited data, minutes, messages, and hotspot usage+ for $40, or create a Party of up to 4 (family, friends, strangers) and pay as little as $25 a month without a single extra fee
- No limits, no hidden fees
- From coast to coast, and everywhere in between – Get nationwide service and WiFi calling, courtesy of Verizon’s 4G LTE Network.
- Keep your number, come and go as you please – Bring your number to Visible, see how you feel about us, and feel free to cancel your service without penalty if it’s not working out.
Other Mention Worthy Wireless Internet Mobile Broadbands
The providers listed below are all trustworthy and provide solid services. However, keep in mind that not all of them offer unlimited wireless internet. For the latest information and plans, visit their official websites.
- US Cellular – unlimited plan at $90/month
- Boost Mobile – 50GB of data hotspot plan for $50/month
- Metro by T-Mobile – various hotspot plans: 10 GB of data at $35/mo., 15 GB of data at $45/mo., 20 GB of data at $55/mo., and 30 GB of data at $75/mo.
- Cricket Wireless – various hotspot plans: $35/month for 20GB high-speed data with Mexico and Canada usage that cannot exceed half of your total; $50/mo. for 40GB with the same international access; $90/month for 100GB of access with the same international access
- NetZero – Solid choice for limited amounts of hotspot data; not a great choice for unlimited wireless internet option
- Net10 Wireless – very affordable hotspot plans (for limited amounts of data): $10/mo. for 1GB of data; $20/mo. for 2GB, $30/mo. for 2.5GB; $50/mo. for 10GB
- Straight Talk Wireless – various hotspot plans (limited amount of data): 1GB a month for $15, 2GB a month for $25, $40 to get 4GB of data for two months, or $50 for 5GB of data for two months, $75 for 7GB for two months.
- Karma – solid choice for limited amounts of hotspot data ($2.95 per month base fee with all plans): $9.99 plan with 1GB of data, $49.95 for 5GB; $99.90 for 10GB of data access
Unlimited Wireless Internet From Wire Broadband Providers
Despite the fact, the internet providers bring the connection to your home via a wire and are as such, not true unlimited wireless internet solutions, we feel like they offer great options if combined with a Wi-Fi router.
Below are five of the best/fastest internet providers in 2021 and their starting prices.
1. Google Fiber
When it comes to speed, Google Fiber is the best choice. The major downside to Google Fiber is that is not available nation-wide. However, if you are lucky enough to have it in your area and can spare the cost, you will be amazed by the speed.
Starts at $70/mo.
Verizon Fios Home Internet is known for its reliably fast download and upload speeds, and low latency. They also have great customer support and most clients are very pleased with their services. They also offer a TV bundle option.
Starts at $39.99/mo.
The Northeast of the nation is home to another big internet company, especially when it comes to internet speed. The main downside of RCN is that its services are relatively limited to a small number of cities.
Starts at $19.99/mo.
4. Comcast Xfinity
Xfinity offers great coverage and very solid speeds. On top, they offer affordable prices, which can be the turning point for many users. Xfinity also offers one of the broadest choices of internet plans.
Starts at $20/mo.
5. Grande Communications
This provider is focused on Texas state and get the job done properly. Their speeds are impressive. They offer no-contract plans and unlimited data, which makes them very popular in the Lone Star State.
Starts at $35.99
By this point, you know all the main aspects of the unlimited wireless internet. You know that your truly-wireless options are mobile hotspot, however, you may also consider internet providers coupled with a Wi-Fi router to get your own unlimited wireless internet access throughout your home or office.
You also know that each of the two options has its own advantages and disadvantages, which you need to consider. For the majority of you, coverage and price will be the main two points of interest, as such make sure to always ensure that your area is well covered and that you are not being overcharged for your unlimited wireless internet.