Gone and never to come are those days when mobile phones used to be luxury devices. Currently, they have become indispensable devices in our day-to-day life. From allowing you to access emergency healthcare services to enable you to remain connected with your loved ones, there are many benefits of having a mobile phone. Although you can opt to purchase a mobile phone from your pocket, it does not hurt to get a free model.
If you are looking for a free mobile phone, consider switching to Cricket Wireless plans today. This is because Cricket Wireless is now offering free mobile devices to new customers who switch to their network. Besides giving you a free mobile phone, this carrier will offer you an array of affordable cell phone plans to choose from. Consequently, you will not have to break the bank in order to remain connected. In this article, we shall take a closer look at Cricket Wireless free phones, how to get one, and new customer deals from this carrier among other related facets.
Way to Get A Free Phone from Cricket Wireless
As we have mentioned above, this carrier now offers free mobile phones once you switch to their network. Cricket Wireless also comes with free phone deals for new customers. Cricket Wireless does not offer free government phones. However, eligible customers receive a considerable Lifeline credit and ACP benefits that allow them to save more on their cell phone monthly bills. Those who reside on the Tribal lands can now enjoy monthly discounts on their bill.
1. Cricket Wireless Free Government Phones
To start with, this carrier does not offer free government phones. Instead, this carrier offers all eligible customers a considerable Lifeline credit that allows you to save more on your cell phone monthly bill.
As long as you have a low income or is a participant of a government assistance program, such as Medicaid, Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Women, Infants and Children Program (WIC), Federal Public Housing Assistance (Section 8) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI), be sure that you will be a beneficiary of this credit discount.
Apart from being a participant in the Lifeline program, this carrier is also a major player in the Affordable Connectivity Program. Formerly known as the Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) program, this is a program that allows all eligible non-tribal land customers to enjoy discounts of up to $30 per month.
However, those who reside on the Tribal lands can now enjoy discounts amounting to $70 per month. If you have a low income or participate in any of the government assistance programs, be sure that you will enjoy this discount from Cricket Wireless and thus save more bucks.
2. Cricket Wireless New Customer Deals Free Phones
Unlike other conventional carriers, Cricket Wireless comes with tons of incredible deals for new customers. To start with, this carrier now offers free smartphones to all new customers as long as they choose Cricket’s $30 per month plan. Here, they will be able to get smartphones such as:
- Alcatel Apprise
- Cricket Icon 2.
If you choose the $60 per month unlimited plan, you will be eligible to get smartphones such as;
- LG Fortune 3
- Samsung Galaxy A01
- Nokia C2 Tava
In case you are a 3G upgrader, you will be able to save more, thanks to the waived upgraded fees. Here, you will get great handsets that are below $9.99 such as Samsung Galaxy A01 and Nokia C2 Tava for $19.99. For you to obtain these devices, you must subscribe to the $30 per month plan.
If you are looking for a 5G phone, this carrier got you covered. As we speak, customers can now get either the Samsung A51 5G, LG k92 5G, or Samsung FE 5G if you subscribe to the carrier’s unlimited $60 per month plan. As a result, you will not have to strain your budget in order to obtain any of these devices.
3. Switch To Cricket And Get A Free Phone
It is no secret that new customers can now get a free smartphone once they switch on the Cricket’s network. As long as you choose the appropriate cellphone plan, you will qualify to get this device. Starting in December 2021, this carrier started offering 7 more phones to all customers who switch to its network. Some of these devices include:
- Motorola Moto G7 SUPRA
- Cricket Dream 5G
- ZTE Overture 3
- moto g power
- LG Fortune
- Alcatel Verso
Once you receive any of these devices, there is a need for you to protect it using the Cricket Protect Plus or Cricket Protect so that it can be safe from damage, theft, loss, and other cell phone malfunctions.
Is It Worth Switching To Cricket?
Unlike other carriers, Cricket Wireless offers a myriad of benefits to all those customers who consider switching to its network. From allowing them to enjoy affordable cell phone plans, to enabling them to enjoy a reliable network, there is an array of benefits you can enjoy once you choose Cricket Wireless to be your preferred carrier. To put this into perspective, we shall outline all these benefits so that you can know them better:
1. The carrier allows you to choose affordable plans for your cell phone
Since we operate on different budgets, this carrier now offers several affordable plans to you to choose from. Some good examples include:
- $33 per line/month plan(Unlimited +15 GB Mobile Hotspot
- $25 per line/month(Unlimited)
- $28 per line/month(10 GB Data)
- $30 per line/month (5GB data)
You can choose either of these affordable plans and be able to save more. Since they do not come with any annual contract, you will not incur any unnecessary termination fees. Also, you will not incur any overages on your cell phone plan usage.
2. It allows you to get a free smartphone once you switch to their network
Some of the smartphones you might desire to have, costs an arm and a leg. For instance, the Motorola Moto G Power costs $139.99 on the market. However, if you bring your number and activate a $55 per month plan, you will be able to get this device free of charge. Also, if you want the Samsung Galaxy A02s, be sure that you will get it free of charge once you bring your number and then activate a $60 per month plan.
By doing so, you will not have to part with $109.00, which is typically the price of this device in the market now. As a result, Cricket Wireless has proved to be a lifesaver for those who want fancy smartphones but are operating on a budget.
Other benefits include:
- The carrier allows you to keep your current number. This is applicable whether you want to purchase a new smartphone or would like to bring your own device.
- This service provider allows you to get the phone within the shortest time possible. For instance, once you order your mobile device, it will arrive to your location within one day or thereabout. Also, you will get free shipping, thus allowing you to save more on the overall purchasing costs.
- When using AutoPay, you will be able to enjoy a $5 monthly discount.
- In case you refer a friend to this carrier, you will be able to enjoy $25 in credits. Your friend will the same benefit as well.
- Fast download and upload internet speeds.
- In August 2020, this carrier started offering its services on a 5g network. With this kind of connectivity in place, you will be able to enjoy a fast internet connection. However, this company does not use its own network in order to offer its services but that of AT&T. After all, this carrier is owned by AT&T. If you reside in areas that are not covered by the 5G network, be sure that you will incur some roaming charges. Here, data might be slower than in other places. To establish whether your area is covered by the 5G network, consider visiting “cricketwireless.com/map.html”
- When it comes to customer support services, this carrier does not disappoint. To start with, this service provider has many brick-and-mortar retail stores spread across the United States where you can visit and get the much-needed help. Besides this, you can contact the customer service team at 1-800-274-2538 on phone. Better still, you can dial 611 from your Cricket mobile device. For optimal results, feel free to call this carrier from Monday to Saturday from 9 AM to 9 PM ET. In case you want to reach them on Sunday, kindly do so between 10 AM to 9 PM ET. Finally, you can discover all the answers you want by visiting “www.cricketwireless.com/contactus”.
How Do I Switch To Cricket Wireless And Get Free Phones
The process of switching to Cricket Wireless and obtaining a new phone is generally easy and straightforward. In fact, you can complete the whole process from the comfort of your home, as you can readily do it online. However, the process might vary depending on whether you want to bring your own phone or purchase a Cricket Wireless device. Here are the steps that you should follow:
1. Decide if you want to buy a new phone or would like to bring your own device
Before you kickstart anything, there is a need to decide whether you want to bring your own phone to Cricket Wireless or buy a new model altogether. In case you want to purchase a new Cricket Wireless mobile device, consider visiting “www.cricketwireless.com/current-phone-and-plan-deals/android” and then check the best deals from that end.
You can even compare them with free models and see what model suits your needs. Once you are done, tap on the ‘Add to Cart’ and then follow the prompts that you will see on your screen so as to place your order.
On the other hand, if you want to bring your own mobile phone to Cricket Wireless, consider visiting “www.cricketwireless.com/cell-phones/bring-your-phone” and then unlock your mobile device. Also, you will have an opportunity to check your device’s compatibility by choosing the type of your phone and then keying in your ID number or IMEI number. For your device to start working on the Cricket Wireless network, you have to ensure that it is unlocked.
2. Choose a Cricket Plan
After determining whether you want to get a new mobile device or to bring your phone to Cricket Wireless, time is ripe for you to choose the best Cricket Wireless plan that suits your needs.
Thankfully, with as little as $30 per month, you will be able to enjoy Cricket cell phone plans on your device. The good news is that this plan comes with unlimited text and talk. For you to get a free mobile device, you have to settle for the $55 unlimited plan or $60 unlimited plan. Once you choose any of these plans, you will be able to receive a SIM card so that you can start enjoying Cricket’s services.
3. Transfer or select a number
Once you have chosen your preferred Cricket Wireless cell phone plan and obtained your SIM card, the next step is to decide if you want to transfer your phone number or obtain a new one. If you retain your old number, you will not experience difficulties of having to introduce yourself anytime you make a call or text your friends and family members.
Besides this, people will have an easy time reaching out to you any time they please, as they already have your contact on their mobile devices. Finally, it pays off to retain your number as a business person as customers will always contact you anytime they need different products and services.
If you want to obtain a free mobile phone, you have to bring your own number to Cricket Wireless. Here, you will be asked to provide a couple of details such as:
- Your account number, alongside your current service provider
- Your PIN or password
- The last 4 digits of your SSN
- Your billing ZIP code
4. Activate your Cricket service
With your device, cell phone plan, and number in place, you can now contact your current service provider and kickstart the switching process. Remember that your current service and the phone will be in until you activate the Cricket Wireless service.
Once you activate the Cricket Wireless, ensure that everything is working optimally, before you can completely cancel your account with the carrier that you used to rely on in the past.
5. Download the myCricket App
For you to have an easy time managing your Cricket Wireless account, there is a need for you to download the myCricket app. Fortunately, this app can be found on Google Play Store or the App Store. With this app in place, you can now start enjoying all the services offered by Cricket Wireless.
Activation Guideline for Cricket Wireless Phone After Switching
After successfully switching to Cricket Wireless, you can now activate your SIM card. Here are the steps that can help you get started:
- To start with, visit cricketwireless.com/activate.html# and then tap on the ‘Get Started’ button
- Select the type of your device. Here, it can be Android, Apple, Windows, and so forth.
- Insert the newly acquired Cricket Wireless SIM card. As you do this, ensure that your device is switched off. Once you insert your SIM card, switch it on. Visit Cricket’s activation site and then click on the ‘I’m Ready’ option.
- While on the same site, select whether you have bought your SIM card or device from Cricket Wireless or from another retailer near you. If you purchased the phone or SIM card from Cricket Wireless, select ‘Cricket’ and tap on the ‘Continue’ button.
- A new question will pop up on your screen, asking, ‘Are you a new customer, or do you already have Cricket service?’ In case you are a new customer, tap on the ‘New Customer’ and then click on the ‘Continue’ button.
- Key in your order number and then your Cricket phone number in the fields you will see on your screen. After ensuring that everything is correct, tap on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Once this is done, you will have managed to activate the Cricket service on your device. You can even try making calls or even sending text messages in order to establish whether everything was right or not. If everything is okay, cancel the old service and start enjoying Cricket’s cell phone services.
If you experience hiccups during the activation process, do not panic as you can get the much-needed help by visiting cricketwireless.com/support/phone-troubleshooting selecting the manufacturer of your mobile device, and then follow all the instructions you will see on your screen. Better still, you can contact the Cricket Wireless customer support team at 1-800-CRICKET (274-3538).
Frequently Ask Questions
Does Cricket Wireless Provide Free Smartphones and Wireless Services Warming Shelter?
Yes. Cricket Wireless provided free mobile devices and wireless at the warming shelter, thanks to its Affordable Connectivity Program. As long as you qualify for this program, you will be able to enjoy these benefits on the go.
Those who would like to know if they qualify for this program but missed the event that was held on Tuesday at the warming shelter can now go to the Cricket Wireless store and seek much-needed assistance.
Does Cricket Wireless Offer Free Phones When Upgrade or Replacement?
Well, it depends. For instance, if your device got damaged or lost during the warranty period, you will be able to get a replacement on the go. Moreso, if the damage was not due to physical abuse or water damage, be sure that you will get a replacement free of charge.
If you had already signed up for Cricket Protect, you will be covered for eventualities such as damage, loss, theft, and so forth. In case you are a victim of any of these eventualities, file your claim and once it is approved, you will be able to receive a refurbished or new replacement model. All you need to pay is the deductible fee ranging from $10 to $250 depending on the device in question.
Does Cricket Wireless Offer Free 5G Phones?
Yes. As we speak, this carrier now offers free 5G phones to those customers who opt to switch to its network. However, they need to subscribe to one of the unlimited plans of this carrier. Typically, these plans start at $60 per month.