AirPods are Apple’s high-quality wireless Bluetooth earbuds that seamlessly connect with all Apple devices and provide crystal-clear sound, noise cancellation, top-notch sound quality, and an amazing listening experience. They come in three shapes and sizes – AirPods, AirPods 2, AirPods Pro, and AirPods Max. In this article, we will talk about these user-friendly earbuds and reveal how to answer call on AirPods.
How To Fix Your AirPods’ Microphone To Work Better On Phone Calls And Not Cut Out
As AirPods are made by Apple, they are (just like virtually any Apple device) beautiful, durable, and reliable. They provide a crystal-clear sound and they usually work perfectly well.
However, even though AirPods are very popular and in-demand, some users have noticed a strange and slightly annoying microphone issue. Consumers reported that AirPods aren’t at full volume when they start talking and then they go to full volume. Apparently, this sometimes happens because of a default setting that is set to automatically pull the input mic from one AirPod or the other, which causes the delay and cutting off. The earbuds are basically deciding which one should pick up what the user is saying.
Fixing this strange setting is simple – just change the settings to pull the audio mic from one or the other.
- Step 1: Take your Apple device (iPhone) and go to ‘Settings’. Then select ‘Bluetooth’.
- Step 2: Under ‘My devices’, press the ‘i’ near ‘AirPods’.
- Step 3: Scroll down and click on ‘Microphone’. Select either ‘Always Left’ or ‘Always Right’, if you see it is set to automatic detection or switching.
See More: Why Do My AirPods Sound Muffled And How To Fix IT ?
How To Answer And End Call On AirPods Of All Kinds – AirPods, AirPods 2, AirPods Pro, And AirPods Max
All models of AirPods have an in-built sensor. This sensor enables the simplest process of answering and handling incoming calls without even touching the phone (unless you need to dial an additional extension number, which requires you to use your iPhone).
First, you must connect your AirPods to your iPhone. When you put the AirPods in your ears and when you get an incoming call, you will be able to hear the ringtone from the AirPods. Now, let’s take a look at how to answer, reject, and end calls on different AirPods models.
How to answer, reject, and end calls on AirPods and AirPods 2:
- Answer call : The only thing you have to do to answer a call on AirPods (assuming you are wearing them) is to double-tap anywhere on the outside of either the left or the right pod. This simple gesture will answer incoming calls on both first and second-generation AirPods.
- Answer a second call : To put the first call on hold and answer the second one, double-tap any of your AirPods. To switch between calls, double-tap any of your pods.
- Reject call : If you wish to reject a call, you can either do nothing and let it go to voicemail or reject them on the phone.
- End call : To end the call, double-tap on one of the pods.
How to answer, reject, and end calls on AirPods Pro:
- Answer call : On AirPods Pro, there is a force sensor – a flat, touch-sensitive area located on the stem of both pods. You answer an incoming call by pressing this force sensor.
- Answer a second call : To put the first call on hold and answer the second one, press the force sensor. To switch between calls, press the force sensor. To end the current call and switch to the one that is on hold, double-press the force sensor.
- Reject call: If you decide to reject the call, you can do nothing and let it go to voicemail or you can reject it on the phone in the usual way. You can also double-press the force sensor to decline a call and send it straight to voicemail.
- End call: To end the call, press the force sensor.
How to answer, reject, and end calls on AirPods Max:
- Answer call: On AirPods Max, there is a rotatable button called ‘Digital Crown’. It is located on the top of the right earphone. To answer an incoming call, press the digital crown.
- Answer a second call: To put the first call on hold and answer the second one, press the Digital Crown. To switch between calls, also press the Digital Crown. To end the current call and switch to the one you have put on hold, double-press the Digital Crown button.
- Reject call: If you wish to decline an incoming call and send it directly to voicemail, you can double-press the Digital Crown.
- End call: To end a phone call, press the digital crown.
How To Set Up Siri To Announce Your Calls So You Can Answer Them On Your AirPods Pro
- Step 1: Go to ‘Settings’ on your iPhone.
- Step 2: Scroll down and click on the ‘Phone’ button.
- Step 3: Press ‘Announce Calls’ in the ‘Allow Phone to Access’ section.
- Step 4: Select ‘Headphones & Car’. Selecting this option will program Siri to automatically announce your calls whenever your pods are connected to the device.
How To Answer Calls With AirPods Pro On An Android Device
Did you know that you can even pair your AirPods Pro with an Android device? How? Through Bluetooth, of course! Surely, the pods work better with iPhones, but it is possible to answer calls with AirPods Pro on an Android device. Simply follow the process below:
- Step 1: Take your Android device and find Bluetooth settings.
- Step 2: Search for a new device.
- Step 3: Turn your AirPods on and activate pairing mode by long-pressing the back of the pod and waiting for a light to turn on.
- Step 4: Your AirPods will appear on the screen. When they do, click on their name to pair the devices.
- Step 5: Answer an incoming call by pressing the force sensor.
How To Answer Calls Using AirPods On Apple Watch
Apple Watches are smartwatches that can, at least in some areas, fully replace our phones. They are compatible with all kinds of Apple devices and can connect with AirPods and AirPods Pro. This connection enables a user to listen to music or make calls on his or her Apple Watch.
The first question is how to pair AirPods with your Apple watch. Simply follow the process below:
- Step 1: Connect your Apple Watch with your iPhone.
- Step 2: Open your Apple watch ‘Settings’.
- Step 3: Select the ‘Bluetooth’ option.
- Step 4: Your watch will search for a new device, therefore put your AirBuds close and open the lid.
- Step 5: Press and hold the ‘Home’ button.
- Step 6: The watch will automatically connect with AirPods and the status will change to ‘Connected’.
Once your Apple Watch is connected to your AirPods, you can make calls on them. Here is how to answer calls using AirPods on Apple Watch:
- Step 1: Swipe up on your home screen and go to ‘Control Panel’.
- Step 2: Open ‘AirPlay’ and tap on its icon.
- Step 3: Select the default device.
- Step 4: Answer the calls by double-tapping on the AirPods or by pressing the force sensor, depending on the model of AirPods.
How To Make A Call With AirPods
Process to make a phone call using AirPods depends on the model you have.
- How to make calls on AirPods Pro (1st generation) : Double-tap either your left your right pod to call Siri. Once she answers (you will hear a chime), request to make a call (for example, ‘Call Ted’).
- How to make calls on AirPods Pro (2nd generation) : With your AirPods on, call Siri by saying ‘Hey, Siri’. As she answers, request to make a call. You can also set either of your AirPods to call Siri with a double-tap.
- How to make calls on AirPods Pro : Summon Siri by saying ‘Hey, Siri’ and then say (for example): ‘Call Ted’. You can also set either of your AirPods to call Siri by pressing and holding the force sensor.
- How to make calls on AirPods Max : Summon Siri by saying ‘Hey, Siri’ and then make your request (‘Call Ted’). You can also do it by pressing and holding the Digital Crown, waiting for a chime, and making your request.
Benefits Of Answering Calls On AirPods
Now that we know how to make, answer, reject, and end calls on all kinds of AirPods, let’s dive into why this is beneficial and sometimes even necessary.
- Wearing AirPods enables us to answer calls while driving. Answering calls on a phone while driving is dangerous – you may first have to search for the phone in your bag, then you must see who’s calling, press or swipe the right button to answer it, and while talking on your phone you only drive with one hand. However, if you are wearing your paired AirPods, you can answer a call by simply tapping or pressing on any of the pods. This allows you to keep your eyes and hands focused on the road and stay safe.
- Wearing AirPods enables us to answer calls while running, cycling, or doing any other kind of sport. When we work out, we usually keep our hands busy and we can’t answer calls on the phone, which makes answering them on AirPods a great alternative.
- Wearing AirPods also enables us to talk on the phone while cooking, cleaning, washing the dishes, writing, sewing, browsing, or do anything else that requires us to use our hands.
- Wearing AirPods enables us to answer calls when our hands are wet and we don’t want to touch the phone.
- Wearing AirPods enables us to answer calls faster, without having to search for the phone or get up to fetch it if it is not right by our side.
FAQs – Frequently Ask Questions
What if one of the AirPods doesn’t work at all?
- The first thing you can try if you are experiencing this issue is to reset the AirPods. Put them in the case press the button located on the back of the case and hold it for approximately 10 seconds.
- Pair the AirPods with your iPhone once more and make sure the firmware on the AirPods is up to date.
- Test if the issue has been resolved. If not, take your AirPods to the closest Apple Store and ask the support team to repair or replace them.
How do you control the volume on AirPods?
There are several ways to control the volume on AirPods. One way is to summon Siti and say ‘Turn down the volume’. You can also adjust it on the side of your iPhone or drag the volume slider in an app’s playback controls. You can open Control Center and drag the volume slider or drag the slider on the Lock Screen. On AirPods Max, you can change the volume by turning the Digital Crown.
How to decline a call with AirPods Pro?
To decline an incoming call with AirPods Pro, you can either do nothing and let the call go to voicemail, reject it on the phone or double-press the force sensor to decline a call and send it straight to voicemail.
Where is the force sensor on AirPods Pro?
The force sensor (the flat, touch-sensitive area) on AirPods Pro is located on the stem of both pods. Pressing this area will answer and end an incoming call.
How do I control my AirPods Pro?
The main control button on AirPods Pro is the force sensor – a flat, touch-sensitive area located on the stem on both pods. Like most other Apple devices, AirPods Pro also has voice control, which allows users to summon Siri by simply calling her ‘Hey, Siri’ and asking her to do this or that.
Do AirPods Pro fit better than AirPods?
How any earbuds fit our ears depends largely on the shape of the ears. However, generally, all AirPods are designed to fit almost all ears perfectly. The standard AirPods should fit any ear thanks to Apple’s ‘universal fit’ design. However, as they are not adjustable, this may not always be entirely true and some users have reported that the earbuds feel a bit loose. AirPods Pro, on the other hand, offers a more customizable fit with silicone tips in various different sizes. As such, AirPods Pro may fit better than AirPods.