Are you are TracFone user and would like to enjoy its 4G or 5G network? Setting up your device’s APN should top the list of your priorities. The APN stands for Access Point Name settings. Simply put, this is the name of the gateway that a certain carrier uses so that its users can enjoy its internet services. Whether you want to browse the internet or use the MMS services, be sure to key in these settings right so that you can easily access your carrier’s internet services. In this case, you have to key in the right TracFone APN settings so that you can access its internet services with ease. As far as these APN settings are concerned, they differ from one mobile platform to another. For instance, Android devices differ from those that should be keyed in on iOS devices. Therefore, you have to distinguish these settings to avoid inconveniences when using your device to access TracFone’s internet. This article will outline the various TracFone APN settings for Android, iOS, Windows, Blackberry, and other related ideas.
TracFone APN Settings For Android Devices
If you have an Android device such as Samsung or Motorola, accessing its APN settings is not difficult per se. Here are the steps that can help you get started:
- First and foremost, go to your phone’s Home screen and then tap on the ‘Menu’ button.
- Thereafter, navigate to the ‘Wireless Networks’ or the ‘Network & Internet’ option.
- Click on the ‘Mobile Network’ option and then tap on the ‘Access Point Names’ option.
- Once you click on the ‘Access Point Names’ option, you will see the ‘+’ symbol on your screen. Tap on it and then proceed with the next step.
- Upon clicking the ‘+’ symbol, you will have an opportunity to add new APN settings to your Android device. Thankfully, you will see a number of empty fields on your phone’s screen. Since you are interested in adding TracFone APN settings, there is a need for you to fill them using the following details:
- Name: Tracfone
- APN: TFDATA
- Proxy: proxy.mvno.tracfone.com
- Port: 80
- MMSC: http://mms-tf.net
- MMS proxy: mms3.tracfone.com
- MMS port: 80
- MCC: 310
- MNC: 410
- Authentication Type: PAP
- APN type: default, mms, supl
- APN Protocol: IPv4
- APN Roaming Protocol: IPv4
Better still, you can consider using the following APN settings as an alternative as well:
- Alternate Settings 1:
- Name: Tracfone
- APN: Reseller
- Port: 80
- MMS proxy:
- MMS port:
- MCC: 310
- MNC: 410
- Authentication Type: PAP
- APN type: default
- APN Protocol:
- APN Roaming Protocol:
Either of the above-mentioned settings should allow you to enjoy TracFone’s internet on your Android device. All you need to do is to ensure that you key in the fields as shown above. More importantly, use the right capitalization to fill in the above-mentioned fields.
For instance, where you should fill in APN field as ‘TFDATA’, let the name ‘TFDATA’ remain capitalized so that you do not alter any settings. Finally, once you have configured your Android device with these settings, restart your device and then switch on the mobile data. By doing so, you will be able to connect to this carrier’s internet.
TracFone APN Settings For iOS Devices
Just like Android devices, iOS devices also need to have the right TracFone APN settings so that their users can be able to access internet with ease. When adding new TracFone APN settings, here are the steps that you should follow:
- Go to the Settings icon on your iOS device and then tap on the ‘Cellular’ option.
- Click on the ‘Cellular’ option and then tap on the ‘Cellular Data’ option
- Tap on the ‘Cellular Data Network’ option and you will be able to see the APN settings.
- Once you access the APN settings, you can choose to either reset the already existing settings or edit them manually. Better still, you can choose to add new APN settings altogether. If you choose the latter, your fields should look like the following:
|MMS Max Message Size||1048576|
|MMS UA Prof URL||http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf|
Once you are done, ensure that you save the above-mentioned APN settings and then restart your device so that you can activate the newly added APN configuration. Thereafter, you can switch on your mobile data so that you can access this carrier’s internet.
TracFone APN Settings For Windows Device
Apart from Android and iOS devices, you need to key in the right TracFone APN settings so that you can enjoy a good internet connection from this carrier. Here are the steps that can help you get started:
- Get your phone ready and then navigate to the App list
- Click on the ‘Settings’ icon and then tap on the ‘Network& Wireless’ option.
- Click on the ‘Cellular & SIM’ option.
- You will be able to see the ‘Internet APN’ option. Since you want to add a new TracFone APN settings, click on the ‘ Add an internet APN’ settings and then fill in the empty fields as follows:
|Type Of Sign In Info||–|
|Maximum MMS Size||2048|
You are also required to enable ‘Use this APN for LTE’ and replace the previous one from your mobile operator. Leave the fields as follows:
- Proxy server (URL):
- Proxy port:
Thereafter, click the ‘Save’ button and proceed with the next step. Here, you need to set the MMS APN settings of your Windows device. To get started, here are the steps that you should follow:
Click on the ‘Cellular’ option and then choose your SIM card. Choose ‘Properties’ option and you will see the ‘MMS APN’ option. Since you want to add a new MMS APN setting, ensure that your fields are as follows:
- Profile name: Internet /MMS 2
- APN: att.mvno
- Type of sign-in info:
- IP Type: IPv4
- Proxy server: proxu.mvno.tracfone.com
- Proxy port: 80
- MMSC (URL):http://mmsc.cingular.com
- MMSC port:
- Maximum MMS size (KB):2048
Once you are done, ensure that you click on save and then restart your device so that these settings can be activated. Thereafter, you can now switch on your mobile data and start enjoying TracFone’s fast internet.
TracFone APN Settings for Blackberry
As we speak, blackberry users can now enjoy TracFone internet, as long as they configure the right APN settings on their devices. Here are the steps that can help you to get started:
- Go to your phone’s homescreen and then tap on the ‘Settings’ option.
- Click on the ‘Network Connections’ option and then tap on the ‘Mobile Network’ option.
- You will see the ‘APN’ option on your phone’s screen. Tap it and then key in the following details:
- Access Point Name (APN): att.mvno
Once you have entered the fields as shown above, click on the ‘Save’ button. If you want to configure the MMS settings, go to the ‘Text Messages’ option and tap on the dots you will see on your screen. You will see several options, including the ‘Settings’ options. Tap on the ‘Text Messages’ and then choose ‘MMS’. Click on the ‘Advanced’ option and then key in the following details:
- APN: att.mvno
- MMSC URL: http://mmsc.cingular.com
- Proxy URL: proxy.mvno.tracfone.com:80
Once you are done, click on the ‘Save’ button. Thereafter, you can restart your device and then switch on your device so that you can activate the newly added APN settings. Once you device restarts, you can now go ahead and switch on mobile data and start enjoying TracFone internet on your Blackberry device.
Why Am I Not Able To Connect To The Internet Even After Setting Up The APN Settings?
There are many reasons that could lead to the problem stated above. First, you might have entered the APN settings wrongly. From entering the names in caps to failing to include some characters in those names, there are several errors that you might make when entering the APN settings. To be on the safe side, you should key in those settings as they are and confirm that everything is right, before clicking on the ‘save’ button.
Apart from the reason mentioned above, your phone might have a bad SIM card. Therefore, you need to check the state of your SIM card and then switch on your device. Finally, your device might not be compatible with TracFone. As a result, you might have to look for a compatible device and then follow the above-mentioned procedures. Better still, you can opt to get a new model from TracFone and later install the APN settings mentioned above.
Does Changing APN Settings Affect Speed?
No. Instead, changing your APN settings only allows you to connect to your carrier’s network with ease. Such can be attributed to the fact that the APN usually instructs your mobile phone or tablet on how it ought to connect to your carrier’s network. In case you key in the wrong APN settings, your phone will not connect to the internet as desired.
How Do I Know If My APN Setting Is Working Or Not?
To confirm whether your APN setting is working or not, just switch on mobile data on your phone and take a look at the signal bar. In case you see signs such as 3G, H+, 4G, or 5G, be sure that the newly added APN settings are working. However, if none of these signs feature around the signal bar, chances are that your APN settings are not working. As a result, you might have to configure them afresh.