Since most seniors hardly live with their loved ones, a large number of them are bound to suffer from social isolation and loneliness. Such situations can not only be stressful but also depressing. Thankfully, such seniors can avert such situations by acquiring the GrandPad tablet. By obtaining this tablet, you can trust that your senior will be able to keep in touch with his or her loved ones, order different online, manage his or her medications and so much more. To learn more about how to obtain GrandPad tablet for senior, read this article and you will be good to go.
Benefits of GrandPad Tablet for Seniors
The GrandPad tablet for seniors offers an array of benefits to its users. Some of the notable benefits include:
- It allows the senior to keep in touch with his or her loved ones. This can be attributed to the fact that the model comes with the Companion app.
- The model allows the senior to know what is happening both locally and internationally.
- With GrandPad tablet at hand, the senior will have a chance to manage his or her medications.
- The tablet allows the senior to order different items online.
- The senior can use the tablet to access emergency healthcare services.
- Unlike other models, this tablet it is safe for use. This is because all the communications between the device and the device are encrypted. As a result, your senior will not fall prey to telemarketers, spam messages or scams whatsoever.
- The model is already configured with 4G LTE network. Therefore, your senior will not have to set up before use. Also, the senior will not have to part with a dime as everything has been taken care of. As a result, your senior will be able to use the model worry-free.
- When it comes to customer support, this model does not disappoint. Unlike other conventional tablet users, customers here are paired with their own Member Experience agents who can help them solve various issues related to the device.
How to Get GrandPad Tablet for Senior/ where to get or buy GrandPad tablet for seniors
Suppose your senior want to get the GrandPad tablet, here are the various methods that can help you get started:
1. GrandPad website
One of the popular ways to get the GrandPad tablet for seniors is to visit GrandPad website. To access this site, click grandpad.net and then scroll down until you come across the ‘Buy Now’ option. Here, you have the chance to either choose the Annual Subscription+ Best Value or the Monthly Subscription option.
Each of these option has its own costs. The former option is ideal for those seniors who want to get value for their hard-earned money. Select that option and then choose whether you want to purchase the model for yourself or a loved one. Thereafter, key in your details as required and then tap on the ‘Continue to Shipping’ option. Follow the other prompts that you will see on your screen and you will be all set.
Besides the GrandPad website, be sure that you can purchase the above-mentioned tablet from Amazon. To purchase the GrandPad tablet from Amazon. Thereafter, click on the ‘Buy Now’ button and then follow the on-screen prompts. Depending on where you live, be sure that the model will be shipped to your residence within a few days.
3. Consumer cellular
To purchase the GrandPad tablet for seniors from Consumer Cellular, visit consumercellular.com/shopping/details/grandpad/overview and then choose the payment options that you please. When it comes to the payment options, you are at liberty to either pay for the device upfront or via budget-friendly installments. If you want to pay for the model right away, note that you will have to part with $149.
On the other hand, if you want to purchase the model via installments, note that you will have to pay $5 per month for a period of 24 months. However, you will have to part with, $29 as a down payment.
If you need senior phone plan, check this article – Best Cellular One Phones For Seniors And Plans 2023
How do I Get Consumer Cellular GrandPad Tablet for Seniors?
To obtain Consumer Cellular GrandPad tablet, ensure that you follow these steps:
- First and foremost, visit the official Consumer Cellular website and then go to the ‘Choose a device type’ category. Choose the ‘Factory New’ option and then select your preferred plan.
- Here, you have the luxury of choosing whether you want the ‘EASYPAY Financing’ option or the ‘Full Price Today’ option. The former needs you to pay $29 as down payment and then be paying $5 per month for 24 months (0% interest installment plan). As for the ‘Full Price Today’ option, you have to pat $149 upfront.
- Tap on the ‘Add to Cart’ option and you will access a new webpage.
- Choose whether you want to buy the Asurion protection or not. Remember that Asurion is an insurance company that offers coverage for electronic devices such as tablets. In case your device breaks or ceases to operate, you can go ahead and file a claim. Thereafter, you can get a refurbished or a new model altogether.
- Select whom you want the device for.
- When asked whether you are an AARP member, choose either ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ option. In case you are an AARP member, note that you will enjoy 5% discount on your monthly bill.
- Tap on the ‘Add to cart’ option and then confirm that the right plan and device are in the cart.
- Thereafter, tap on the ‘Review Order’ option and then key in your details as required.
- Here, you will be prompted to enter your name in full, physical address, email address, payment details and so on. Additionally, you will be needed to include your AARP member ID in case you have it.
- Once you are done, click on the ‘Place Order’ option and then wait for the GrandPad tablet to be shipped to you. Depending on where you live, trust that you will get the device within 3 to 5 business days
Features of GrandPad Tablet for Seniors
The GrandPad tablet boasts of having incredible features that will mesmerize you. Some of these amazing features include:
- The model comes with an 8 inch screen display. With this screen display in place, the senior will have a larger interface to surf the internet, read news online and so on.
- It boasts of having a 2GB RAM and 32GB ROM.
- At the back, the model comes with a 5MP camera.
- At the front, it comes with a 5MP selfie camera.
- The model is powered by Octa-Core Qualcomm MSM8953-3-AB processor
- Its clock speed is 2.0Ghz
- The tablet comes with Wi-Fi connectivity feature.
- It supports 4G LTE network
- The model comes with a stylus pen that allows seniors to navigate various apps with utmost precision.
- The tablet comes with an intuitive interface that make it easy for any senior to get started seamlessly.
GrandPad Tablet for Seniors Plan Options
To start with, the plan options for the GrandPad tablet depends on where you purchased it from. Here is a breakdown of these senior plans depending on where you choose to purchase the GrandPad tablet from:
1. GrandPad website
If you purchased the tablet via the GrandPad website, here are the senior plan options that you can expect:
- Annual Subscription+ Best Value:The above-mentioned senior plan goes for $65 per month. By choosing this option, you stand the save up to $288 right away. The plan comes with a tablet, stylus pen and charger. Also, you will not pay an extra dime for shipping services as it is free of charge. Finally, the device will arrive when it is ready-to-use. Therefore, you will not grapple with activation issues.
- Monthly Subscription senior plan: This plan goes for $89 per month. Once you choose this plan, trust that you will get the GrandPad tablet alongside the stylus pen and its charger. Moreover, you will have to pay $29 for shipping and setup fees.
Suppose you purchased the GrandPad tablet from Amazon, expect the following senior plans:
- Prepaid plans that go for $599 per year or $59 per month.
- Regular plans that cost $799 per year or $79 per month
3. Consumer Cellular
In case you purchase the GrandPad tablet for seniors from U.S Cellular, here are the plans that you can choose from:
- $19 per month plan that comes with 1GB of mobile data and unlimited talk and text.
- $23.75 per month plan which comes with 5GB of mobile data and unlimited talk and text.
- $33.25 per month plan that allows users to enjoy 10GB of mobile data and unlimited talk and text. Due to these impressive features, this plan is deemed to offer great value to seniors.
- $47.50 per month plan that enables users to enjoy unlimited talk, mobile data and text. Unlike other plans, this one is highly recommended as it offers value for money.
To learn more about these plans, visit consumercellular.com/shopping/choose/plan
Steps to Activate GrandPad Tablet
Unlike other conventional tablets, GrandPad tablet comes when it is already activated. However, there are a couple of vital steps that you should follow before you can start using your GrandPad tablet. These steps include:
- Unbox the GrandPad tablet for seniors. After unboxing the tablet, trust that you will find the model alongside its accessories. Some of the accessories include the stylus pen and the charger.
- Plug in the charge to a power supply and then connect to the GrandPad tablet.
- Let the device charge fully and then unplug it from the power source.
- Insert the SIM card and then power on the device.
- Since it is already activated, you will just need to follow a few prompts on your device’s screen.
- Within a few minutes your device should be ready to use. To confirm that your tablet is fully activated, try to make a call or text your friends. If it does all those activities, be sure that it has been fully activated.
Are There any Disadvantages of GrandPad Tablet for Seniors?
Although the GrandPad tablet comes with tons of benefits, it is not immune to some setbacks. For instance, the model requires you to part with some dollars as it is not free. Whether you want to obtain it from Amazon or Consumer Cellular, trust that you will be required to part with a few bucks. Therefore, you have to set a budget for it before making a purchase.
Besides, unlike other tablets from common brands, this tablet has limited features thus not a good option for non-elderly users.
Can I Get a Free GrandPad Tablet for Senior?
Not really. Depending on where you choose to purchase the model from, be sure that you need to create a budget for it. Thankfully, some options such as the Consumer Cellular allows you to purchase the model in budget-friendly installments of $5 per month.
How do I Connect or Communicate to a Senior that Uses GrandPad Tablet?
Well, if you want to connect or communicate to a senior that uses GrandPad tablet, note that you will have to use the Companion app. Fortunately, this app is available for both Android and Apple phones and tablets.