Are you in need of a free SIM card with free services from the government? The good news is that its possible to get one through lifeline or ACP providers. However, you must come from a low-income household or benefit from government assistance programs before qualifying for these benefits. Once you meet these requirements, your provider will give you a free SIM card and access to free wireless services every month.
In this article, we shall discuss steps to apply for a free SIM card with free service government and carriers that offer these benefits among other related topics.
How do I get a Free SIM Card with Free Service Government
As we have stated in the overview section, its possible to get a free SIM card with free service government through lifeline and ACP. These are both federal communication commission programs that were introduced to make communication and connection services more affordable and accessible to consumers with limited income. To be precise, lifeline offers a monthly discount of up to $9.25 on your wireless or wireline services and up to $34.25 if you are a qualifying consumer on tribal land. When it comes to ACP, be sure to get a monthly discount of up to $30 on your broadband services and up to $75 if you are a qualifying consumer on tribal land.
Lifeline and ACP work with carriers like Cintex Wireless, AirTalk Wireless, Q Link Wireless, Assurance Wireless to offer the above-mentioned discounts. Once you qualify for the programs, you are now at a liberty to approach any of these carriers and enroll for free SIM card with free services from the government.
How do I get to Qualify for Free SIM card with Free Service Government
Since free SIM card with free service government are offered through lifeline and ACP, you must first qualify for these programs before receiving your benefits. To qualify, you should meet any of the following requirements:
- Your total income must be at or less than 200% of the federal poverty guidelines (to qualify through ACP) or less than 135% of the federal poverty guideline (to qualify through lifeline)
- Alternatively, you can qualify if you or any member of your household is a participant of SNAP, Medicaid, special supplemental nutrition program for women, infants and children, supplemental security income, federal public housing assistance, veterans’ pension and survivors’ benefits, Federal Pell grant, Head Start, Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations.
What do I Need to get a Free SIM Card with Free Service Government
For you to get a free SIM card with free service government, you need documentation to prove your eligibility, identity and address. When it comes to eligibility, you must provide official documents with proof of your annual income or documents to show that you are a participant of government aid program. To prove your identity, you must provide personal documentation with your name and date of birth. Below are documents that you need to get a free SIM card with free service government.
- Eligibility documents:
- Prior year’s state, federal or tribal tax return
- Current income statement from your employer or your paycheck stub
- Your social security statement of benefits
- Medicaid approval letter
- School documentation
- SNAP benefit verification letter
- Identity documents:
- Birth certificates
- US Driver’s license
- Permanent resident card
- Address documents:
- Utility bill
- Mortgage or lease statement
- Most recent W-2
What are the Steps to get a Free SIM Card with Free Service Government
To get a free SIM card with free service government, follow these simple:
Step 1: qualify for ACP or lifeline. (Very briefly)
Before applying for your free SIM card with free service, ensure you meet at least one of the eligibility requirements discussed in a section above. Once you meet ACP or lifeline requirements, you can proceed to fill an application form.
Step 2: fill ACP or lifeline application form
There’re two ways to fill ACP or lifeline application form. One of the easiest ways is to fill these forms online. However, you can also fill the forms offline. Here are steps to enroll for these programs:
- Fill ACP form:
- Visit the official website of the United States government and start filling the form as instructed: “getinternet.gov/apply?id=acp&awsl=button-from-how-to-apply“
- Start by providing your home address and contact information
- Provide the last four digits of your social security number and follow prompts until you complete your application
- Review your application and hit the submit button
Alternatively, you can fill ACP form offline through downloading and printing a paper application form: “affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/ACP-Application-Form-English.pdf“. Afterwards, start filling the form with all the required instructions, attach application documents and mail the form to: ACP SUPPORT CENTER, PO Box 9100, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773
- Fill lifeline form:
- Open FCC official website: “getinternet.gov/apply?id=nv_home&ln=RW5nbGlzaA%3D%3D“.
- Select your state or territory and tap the icon “get started”
- Start filling the available application form with your name, date of birth, the last 4 digits of your social security number, your home address then tap “next”
- Follow prompts until you complete, review and submit your application form.
Similar to ACP, you can also fill lifeline application form offline. All you need to do is download and print lifeline paper application form, fill the form as instructed, attach application documents and mail your form to: Lifeline support center, PO BOX 9100, Wilkes-Barre, PA 1877.
Step 3: wait for approval
Once you submit your lifeline/ACP application form, you’ll have to wait few business hours for the national lifeline verifier to review and approve your request. Once they approve, they will send you a notification in your email. In an event that you do not qualify for ACP/Lifeline benefits, you will be asked to attach additional verification documents or restart your application.
Step 4: contact your service provider
Now that you have been approved for lifeline/ ACP, you stand a chance to get a free SIM card with free service government. However, you should first search for providers that offer these benefits within your residential area. Once you identify a provider, contact them and sign up for your free benefits. Better still, you can visit their official website and sign up for ACP/lifeline benefits.
Step 5: get your free SIM card
Once you sign up for free service government, your provider will send you a free SIM card and phone. However, if you already own a phone, you will only receive a free SIM card. The good news is that your provider will ship the card to your address for free.
Step 6: activate your card and access your free service government
Once you receive your free phone and SIM card, install the card in the phone, activate the card and start enjoying your free services from the government. The good news is that the process of activating your SIM card is free.
Providers that Offer Free SIM Card with Free Service Government
Below are providers that offer free SIM card with free service government through lifeline or ACP:
- Easy Wireless: You can get a free SIM card with free service government through easy wireless lifeline and ACP combined plan. Once you qualify, the carrier will give you a free SIM card and access to free government services like: free unlimited data, unlimited texts and talk every month. To sign up for these services, visit the carrier’s official website and get started: “myeasywireless.com/choose-your-plan-sim-card-kit-combined-or-acp“.
- TruConnect: TruConnect also offers free SIM card with free service government through their lifeline plan, ACP plan or ACP + Lifeline Combo plan. Depending with your plan, you will get free government services like free unlimited talk, unlimited texts, free unlimited data and unlimited international calling every month. To get the benefits, visit the carrier’s official website and start your application requests: “truconnect.com“.
- Q Link Wireless: Q Link wireless is another incredible provider that offers free SIM card with free government services to eligible lifeline/ACP consumers. Through the carrier, you will get free government services like unlimited data, unlimited talk & text, free unlimited picture messaging and free emergency calls to 911 every month. To get these benefits, visit the carrier’s official website and get started: “qlinkwireless.com“.
- Hoop Wireless: Are you eligible for ACP? You can also get a free SIM card with free government services through this provider. Free government services that you are bound to enjoy are: 10 GB of high-speed data every month, free unlimited additional data and a free 3 sized HOOP SIM card. To enjoy these benefits, visit their official website and get started: “hoopwireless.com“.
List of Other Carriers that Offer Free SIM Card with Free Service Government
- enTouch wireless
- Maxsip telecom
- Safelink wireless
- Life wireless
- Cintex wireless
- Q Link wireless
- New phone wireless
- Standup wireless
What Other Benefits do I get Besides a Free SIM Card with Free Service Government
Besides free SIM card with free service government, lifeline/ ACP offers other benefits like:
- Free smartphone
- Free or discounted tablet
- A discount of up to $100 towards purchasing a computer or laptop
- Free shipping services
- Free phone or SIM card activation
Are there any restrictions to get a free SIM card with free service government?
Yes, these benefits are restricted to low-income consumers only. In addition, these benefits are also restricted to beneficiaries of government assistance programs like Medicaid, SNAP or tribal Head start.
Is free SIM card with free services from the government a permanent deal?
Yes, if you are getting these benefits through lifeline program, trust that you will enjoy these benefits permanently. However, you must retain lifeline eligibility requirements to continue enjoying these benefits.