As you probably know, GO MD USA is an active participant of the Affordable Connectivity program. Through this program, GOMDUSA offers free tablet and other broadband benefits for your school, healthcare, work, connection, entertainment and much more. If you are a GO MD USA customer who’s in need of a free tablet therefore, we are pleased to inform that you stand a chance to get a free tablet after making an upfront fee of $10.99.
However, you must first qualify for ACP and attach relevant documents in support of your qualification. After qualifying, you will be given a discount of up to $100 towards purchasing a tablet plus free high speed data each month. In this article, we shall take you through how to get GOMDUSA free tablet, requirements to meet and necessary documents to attach.
Steps To Apply for GOMDUSA Free Tablet
Since GOMDUSA offers free tablet through ACP, you must become a member of this program before receiving your tablet. To become a member basically means that you must fill ACP enrollment form, submit and get approval from the national lifeline verifier. Fortunately, there’re three different avenues through which you can become a member of ACP. You can sign-up online through the FCC website, vial mail or directly through GOMDUSA. Below are steps to follow :
1. Apply for ACP online
This is the easiest and fastest way of becoming a member of ACP program. Follow these steps to enroll online:
- Visit the federal communications commission website: “getinternet.gov/apply?ln=RW5nbGlzaA%3D%3D”
- Click on “apply” to open the actual application form
- Fill the form with your information as follows:
- On the first page of the application, provide your home address and contact information then click on “next”
- Provide the last four digits of your social security number and keenly follow other on-screen instructions to complete your application
- Finalize your application by hitting the “submit” button
- Get approval from the lifeline national verifier within few hours.
2. Apply via mail
If you don’t want to enroll for ACP online, mail application is another option to consider. Below are the steps to follow:
- Download and print ACP paper application form: “getinternet.gov/apply?ln=RW5nbGlzaA%3D%3D”
- You can also contact ACP officials and request them to mail your paper application form. This is through: 1(877)384-2575
- Fill the form as required
- Attach all relevant application documents ( we shall discuss these documents below)
- Mail your form to: USAC, Lifeline Support Center, P.O Box 9100, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773.
- Wait for approval from the national lifeline verifier.
- Contact your provider to receive your free tablet
3. Apply directly through GOMDUSA
Besides the above discussed option, you can also apply for ACP directly through GO MD USA website. Thereafter, the carrier will forward your application to national verifier for approval and ship your free tablet within few business days. Below are the steps to follow:
- Visit GOMDUSA ACP portal: “gomdusa.net“
- On the home screen, tap the “apply now” button
- You will be redirected to the carrier’s ACP application page
- Enter your ZIP code, email address then tap on “apply now”
- Fill the available application form with your first name, middle name, last name, date of birth and the last four digits of your social security number.
- Enter your Government ID or driver’s license, email address and your phone number
- Select your eligibility program, agree to the carrier’s terms and conditions then tap on “ next”
- Follow prompts to complete and submit your application.
- Get approval after few minutes
- The company will start shipping your free tablet to your address instantly
Requirements to Apply for GOMDUSA Free Tablet
To apply for a free tablet through the steps discussed above, you must make sure you meet ACP eligibility requirements. Failure to which your application will be rejected. In addition, you should attach a number of documents to show proof that you meet the program’s eligibility requirements:
Which eligibility requirements should I meet to get a GOMDUSA free tablet
There are two different ways through which you can qualify for GOMDUSA free tablet via the ACP program. You can qualify if you earn less than the federal poverty guideline or if you receive help from any government’s assistance programs. In this section, we shall discuss these requirements for better understanding:
- You qualify if you are a member of food stamps
- You qualify if you are a member of the supplemental security income
- You qualify if you are a member of section 8 or federal public housing assistance
- You qualify if you benefit from the special supplemental nutrition program for women, infants and children
- You qualify if you benefit from Medicaid
- You qualify if you benefit from the free and reduced price school lunch program or school breakfast program
- You qualify if you have received a federal Pell grant in a current academic year
- You qualify of you come from a financially strained background, whose income is at or below 200% of the federal poverty guideline.
Necessary Documents that I Should Attach to the GOMDUSA Free Tablet Application
Besides meeting the above requirements, you should attach documents in proof of your eligibility and identity. Below are examples of these documents:
- Pension or retirement statement of benefits
- Current income statement from your employer
- Prior year’s state, Tribal or Federal tax return
- Paycheck stub
- Social Security statement of benefits
- SNAP Statement of benefits
- Medicaid approval letter
- Tribal head start verification letter
- Your driver’s license
- Your passport
- Certificate of U.S citizenship or naturalization
- U.S Driver’s license
Activate Your GOMDUSA Free Tablet
The actual process of activating your GOMDUSA free tablet depends with the brand and model of your tablet. However, there’s a general procedure to follow and activate your free tablet. Here’s how to get started:
- Install your SIM card: Identify your tablet’s SIM card slot and remove the tray. Place your card in its fitted place on the SIM tray and inset the tray back in the SIM card slot.
- Turn on your tablet: Long press your tablet’s power button to switch it on. Make sure you long press until your device’s LOGO appears on the screen.
- Activate your device: Start by setting your preferred language and activate your device with your cellular network. Next, select your WIFI network, set your time zone and follow prompts until your device is ready for use.
Here is some suggestion, if Your GOMDUSA free tablet application was rejected
If your GOMDUSA free tablet application was rejected by the national lifeline verifier, there’re a number of possible reasons. Herein, we shall highlight these reasons and how to prevent this mistake in the future. Your application was rejected if:
- Your total household income is above 200% of the federal poverty guideline
- You are not a beneficiary of any of the above mentioned programs
- You or another member of your family has a free ACP tablet from another provider.
- You do not live within GOMDUSA coverage areas.
To prevent this in the future:
- Move within GOMDUSA coverage areas
- Be a participant of any eligible government assistance programs
- Make sure there’s no other member of your household with a free government device.
I am experiencing Issues with my GOMDUSA free tablet. What should I do?
If you experience issues with your free device, you should contact the carrier’s support team for assistance. This is through calling the following number: (833)706-3872
How long will it take for my GOMDUSA free tablet application take to get approved?
When you apply through the company’s official website, it will take 20 to 30 minutes to get approved. However, it might extend to 3 or 4 days depending with the status of your application documents.
How long will it take for me to get the GOMDUSA free tablet?
After approval, GO MD USA starts shipping your free device immediately. Therefore, it might take an approximate of 2 to 7 business days to receive you device. However, it might even take shorter or longer depending with the distance of your address.
How do I check my GOMDUSA free tablet application status?
If free tablet application approval delays, you should track your application status through logging in to your account. After, tap on “check status’ and get a confirmation email with your application tracking number
My GOMDUSA free tablet has been damaged. Can I get a replacement?
GOMDUSA free tablets from the government don’t avail with a warranty. Therefore, you will not get a free replacement after damaging your device.
How many times can I get the GOMDUSA free tablet?
GO MD USA free tablets are subject to one-time discount and one member of a household, therefore, you can get this offer once