IPads are the most convenient and versatile devices that one should get for their virtual activities. However, they are relatively costly thus not affordable for everyone, especially low income consumers. Therefore, getting a free IPad would be a dream-come-true for these consumers. Are you a low-income consumer who’s in need of a free iPad? We are delighted to inform you that it’s now possible to get not only a free iPad, but a free IPad with phone. This is possible through government programs like lifeline and ACP. Besides these programs, you can also get a free IPad with phone from various charity and non-profit organizations. These are programs that offer free devices and other assistance to needy members in the society. Come with us as we discuss all avenues that offer free iPad with phone and requirements to meet before qualifying for these benefits.
Free iPad with phone government Program
As we have stated in the overview, getting a free iPad with a Phone through Lifeline and ACP is possible. These are government’s internet and communication programs that offer free or discounted phones and broadband services to low income consumers to make connection easy for them. However, these programs work independently and come with distinct eligibility requirements.
Once you qualify for one of these programs, you will receive standalone benefits from each program separately or bundled benefits from a combination of both. When it comes to lifeline standalone plan, you can get a free phone, unlimited calls, texts and data depending on your carrier. ACP on the other hand, offers free or discounted tablets, iPads, laptops, and wireless services like texts, data and calls depending with your carrier.
When you bundle lifeline + ACP plan, you will be at a liberty to get a free tablet with phone. Depending with your carrier and device availability, you can also get a free IPad with phone from lifeline + ACP Combo plan. In fact, if you are lucky enough, you can get a free IPad with IPhone from your respective provider. As long as you qualify for lifeline or ACP, you shall be good to go. Keep reading this guide to know how to qualify for these benefits.
Qualifying Guideline for Getting Free iPad with Phone
At this juncture, you already know that you can get a free IPad with phone once you bundle lifeline + ACP plan. Therefore, you must qualify for at least one of these programs to qualify for these devices. In this section, we shall discuss how to qualify for these benefits either through lifeline or ACP:
To qualify through lifeline, please ensure that your income stands at or is below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. If you miss out income qualification, worry not because you can also qualify for a free IPad with phone if you are a beneficiary of any of the following government assistance programs:
- Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program(SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance.
- Tribal Head Start
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
Besides lifeline, you can also qualify for a free IPad with phone via ACP. To qualify, please ensure that your income stands at or is below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. In addition, you can qualify through ACP if you participate in any of the programs above. Below is a list of additional programs that make you eligible for free iPad with Phone through ACP:
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children(WIC)
- Federal Pell Grant
- Free and Reduced Price School Breakfast Program or School Lunch Program, including at the U.S Department of Agriculture (USDA) Community Eligibility Provision schools.
Process of Getting a Free iPad with Phone
Getting a free iPad with phone is so easy and concise. All you need to do is ensure that you qualify for ACP or lifeline by meeting any of the abovementioned requirements. Afterward, enroll for ACP or lifeline, visit your provider’s official website and get your free devices. To make things easy for you, we shall discuss these steps in details:
1. Get ready with relevant application documents. Discuss these documents
The first step is to gather relevant documents to prove to lifeline or ACP officials that you qualify for these benefits. In addition, gather documents to support that you are the actual identity of the applicant. Please note that you will be asked to attach these documents in your application form. Therefore, you should get ready of all the documents before starting your actual application process. Below are examples of documents that you should gather:
To prove your identity and address, please gather any of the following documents:
- Certificate of Naturalization or U.S Citizenship
- Birth certificate
- Government-issued, state, military or Tribal ID
- Mortgage or lease statement
- U.S. driver’s license
- Green card
- Permanent resident card
- Utility bill
- W-2 or tax return document
To prove that your income is below 135% or 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, please gather any of the following documents:
- Unemployment or Workmen’s Compensation statement of benefits:
- Paycheck stub
- Tribal or Federal notice letter of participation in General Assistance
- Veteran Administration statement of benefits
- Social Security statement of benefits
- Retirement or pension statement of benefits
- Current income statement from your employer
- Prior year’s Federal, state or Tribal tax return
To prove that you are a beneficiary of any government assistance program, please gather any of the following documents. Please note that your document must have your full name and program name. For instance:
- Your program’s Benefit verification letter
- Approval letter
- Statement of benefits
- Benefit award letter
- School documentation
2. Enroll for lifeline or ACP
After getting ready of all your necessary documents, you should now enroll for lifeline or ACP. You can enroll for these programs online through their official website or offline through mail. Below is how to get started:
- If you want to apply for Lifeline online, visit its official website through this link: “getinternet.gov/apply?id=nv_home&ln=RW5nbGlzaA%3D%3D“
- After accessing their webpage, the next thing you should do is to choose your state or territory. This is to determine whether lifeline offers services in your region
- Is your area eligible for these benefits, you should now go ahead with the application. This is through tapping the ‘Get Started’ button.
- This button will redirect you to a new page that holds lifeline virtual application form
- At this juncture, start filling the form through providing all correct information as required.
If you want to get a free IPad with phone through ACP, enroll for ACP online through following the following steps:
- Visit ACP official website through this link: “affordableconnectivity.gov/how-to-apply“
- Once you access the page, tap the icon “apply now”
- The icon will redirect you to ACP virtual application form: nv.fcc.gov/lifeline?awsl=button-from-how-to-apply&id=acp&ln=RW5nbGlzaA%3D%3D
- Start filling the form by entering your address. This is to establish whether your area is eligible for ACP
- Enter your contact information and tap on “next”
- Prove your identity my providing the last four digits of your social security number
- You can also opt to attach copies of your identity documents like passport, driver’s license, Military ID or Taxpayer ID number or tribal ID number.
- Follow prompts to complete and submit your application.
Enroll via mail
If you want to enroll for these benefits via mail, follow the following steps:
To enroll for lifeline vial mail”
- Visit: “lifelinesupport.org/wp-content/uploads/documents/get-lifeline/LI_Application_NVstates.pdf“
- download lifeline paper application form and print it
- Fill the needed sections of the form and attach copies of application documents discussed above
- mail your form to: USAC, Lifeline support center, P.O Box 9100, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773.
To enroll for ACP via mail:
- Download ACP paper application form and household worksheet through this link: “affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/ACP-Application-Form-English.pdf“
- Print the forms and fill out the necessary section
- Attach relevant copies of application documents and mail your form to the following address: USAC, ACP support center, PO Box 9100, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773.
3. Sign up through your service provider
After submitting your application, ACP/Lifeline officials will receive it, scrutinize, verify and give you approval. After getting approval, they will mail you an enrollment ID.
Once you get approval, you should now identity a provider that offers lifeline+ ACP services in your area through ACP online search tool “affordableconnectivity.gov/companies-near-me“. You can also contact ACP support team, provide your address and they shall locate lifeline/ACP carrier in your region.
Once you identify a carrier, visit their official website and sign up for lifeline + ACP combo plan. You can also contact your carrier’s support team for assistance. After signing in, your carrier will confirm whether you qualify for these benefits and approve your free IPad request.
Check application status
If lifeline, ACP or your carrier delays to approve your free device request, you should check your application status. Please note that the actual process to check your application status varies with your service provider. In most cases, you can check your status through contacting your program’s or carrier’s customer care. You can also visit your carrier’s webpage and scroll through until you come across “check status” icon. Click the icon, login to your lifeline/ACP account and view the status of your application.
Receive your free IPad with phone
After getting approval from your carrier, they will start shipping your free devices to your address immediately. The good news is that you will not pay anything because the carrier will ship your device for free. However, your carrier will ship any device randomly, based on your region and device availability. If there’s any free IPad available at the moment of application, they will ship it together with a free phone and SIM card after making a co-payment of $10.01. However, if there’s no IPad available, they will send you any available model.
Carriers that Offer Free iPad with Phone
Below are carriers that offer free IPad with phone through lifeline + ACP combo plan:
1. Cintex wireless
This is one of the many carriers that offers free IPad with phone through lifeline/ACP combo. After you qualify for lifeline or ACP, visit the carrier’s official website and sign up for your free devices. However, you will be asked to make a payment of $10.01 before receiving you free device. Once you make your payment, you will not only get a free iPad with phone but also free monthly data, text and call minutes. To enjoy these benefits, visit: “cintexwireless.com” and click the icon “apply now”.
2. Airtalk wireless
Airtalk wireless is a very committed lifeline/ACP service provider that runs through Airvoice wireless LLC. The carrier offers lifeline plan, ACP Plan and ACP + lifeline combo plan. Through the latter plan, you stand a chance to get a free IPad with phone as long as you qualify for either of these programs. However, note that you must be residing within Airtalk wireless network coverage areas before receiving these benefits. To get your free devices from this carrier, open “airtalkwireless.com” and click on ‘apply now”
3. Qlink wireless
This is another carrier that bundle lifeline and ACP benefits through combo plan. After qualifying for either of this program, you will be able to get a free iPad with phone after making a copayment of $10.01. In addition, you will enjoy free high speed data, text minutes and calls every month. To get your free devices, visit the carrier’s webpage through this link “qlinkwireless.com/customer/shop/phones/30700” and click the “sign up” button:
4. Standup wireless
You also stand a chance to get a free tablet with phone through the carrier’s lifeline + ACP combo plan. All you need to do is qualify for lifeline or ACP and make a payment of $10.01. You will also be able to enjoy free unlimited text, calls and high speed data through this plan. To receive your benefits, visit standup wireless webpage and start your application: “standupwireless.com“
Which Models of Free iPads and Phones Can I Get?
Below is a list of free iPad and phones that you are likely to get after signing up for lifeline + ACP combo plan.
- Apple iPad Air 2
- Apple iPad Air
- Apple iPad Mini 2
- Apple iPad mini 3
- Apple iPad 3
- Apple iPad 6
- Apple iPad Mini
- Nokia C200
- Samsung galaxy S9+
- Apple iPhone 7
- Samsung galaxy S9
- Apple IPhone 7 Plus
- Samsung galaxy A03s
- Samsung galaxy S7
- Apple IPhone 6
- Apple IPhone 6 plus
- Apple IPhone 6s and 6s plus
- Samsung galaxy S6
- LG V40 ThinQ
- Motorola Moto G Pure
- Apple IPhone SE
- OnePlus Nord N10 5G
- Motorola G Play
- Google Pixel 3
- LG K51
- Alcatel Revvl 4 Plus
- LG Stylo 6
- Google pixel 2
- Motorola G Fast
Non-profit Organizations that Offer Free iPad with Phone
Did you get rejected for free iPad with Phone from the government? Worry not because there’re other alternative ways to get these devices. As we speak, there’re several government programs, grants and non-profit organizations that offers free electronic devices to struggling members of the society. This is to narrow digital divide and give the poor equal technology opportunities with the rich. Some of these platforms are:
- EveryoneOn: This non-profit organization works tirelessly to ensure low-income families in the US also have access to technology. As long as you are a financially struggling consumer, you can be lucky to get a free iPad with a Phone from this institution.
- Smartriverside: This is another charity and non-profit organization that offers equal technology opportunities to low income families in the US as a way to mitigate digital divide. Therefore, you can get a free iPad with phone from this organization as long as you prove your financial need.
- ST Vincent De Paul: You also stand a chance to get a free iPad with phone from this non-profit organization through a very easy process. The organization collects devices like phones and laptops from well-wishers, refurbishes and donates them to the less fortunate members of the society.
Free iPad with Phone Limitations from the Government
Although it’s possible to get a free IPad with phone from the government, these devices have a number of limitations. For instance:
- You must be 18 years and above to receive these benefits
- If you are below 18 years, you must have proof of emancipation before getting these benefits
- For you to get these benefits, there must be no other member of your household who already owns a free government device.
- You must be in the US for you to get these devices
Additional Benefits to Enjoy with Free iPad with Phone
Are you qualified for free IPad with Phone from the government? We are pleased to let you know that you will enjoy other additional benefits depending with your region and service provider. Some of these benefits are:
- You will enjoy free unlimited calls every month
- You will enjoy free unlimited texts every month
- Free unlimited data
- Free hotspot services
- Free SIM card KIT
- Free phone activation
- Free shipping.
Are Free iPad with Phone Completely Free?
Free iPad with phones are not completely free. This is because you must make a payment of $10.01 before receiving these devices.