Straight talk is one of the leading wireless service provider in the US that offers the best non-contract plans and services to its consumers. The company participates in the EBB program which is also known as the emergency broadband benefit program. This is a federal government assistance program that was initiated to help low income households, the jobless, and anyone that was profoundly affected by coronavirus affords internet access. All eligible EBB households were given an opportunity to get free wireless services under straight talk.
However, as of 31st of December 2021, Straight Talk EBB program was replaced by the new, long-term ACP program. Basically, this new scheme was meant to connect eligible households to virtual schooling, healthcare, and work opportunities. You can qualify for straight Talk ACP by participating in any lifeline qualifying program. You can also qualify if you have an income that is equal to or below 200% of the federal poverty guideline. On this page, we have expounded Straight Talk affordable connectivity program and other related ideas. Stay tuned!
What is Affordability Connectivity Program (ACP)?
ACP is a congress-initiated program that was formed to take over Emergency Broadband Benefit program. FCC funds this program with the intent of helping low-income households or individuals to easily access broadband services. In other words, the program helps all eligible households to afford internet access for school, work, and seek health care.
The program offers a maximum internet service discount of $30 per month for non-tribal lands and up to $75 for tribal lands. Moreover, it gives out a maximum discount of $100 to buy a tablet, computer, desktop, or laptop from any eligible service provider. However, you should contribute at least $10 to $50 upfront during the purchase. Also, you should be from a low-income household or a beneficiary of any government assistance program. Note that the monthly service discount is limited to once a month and the connectivity device discount is limited to one time and one device per household.
What Difference between EBB and ACP on Straight Talk?
Straight Talk EBB program transitioned to straight talk ACP since the 31st of December 2021. However, their free wireless plan remained constant and is expected to change at least from 28th of February 2022. Although their plans are still the same, there are several factors that changed between the two programs. Below are the differences between EBB and ACP on straight talk.
- In EBB, qualified households income limit was 135% of the federal poverty guidelines. This changed in straight talk ACP where qualified households must have an income limit of 200% of the federal poverty guideline.
- Straight talk EBB eligible consumers used to receive a maximum monthly discount of $50 on internet service. This has transitioned from $50 to $30 in straight talk ACP.
How Does Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) Work with Straight Talk?
It’s no doubt that the COVID pandemic greatly affected nearly every aspect of our day-to-day lives. As a result, ACP, a newly initiated program, was formed to help low-income households or individuals access broadband services easily. Run by the government, this program helps eligible consumers through participating service providers. Among many, straight talk is one of the most reliable providers that works with ACP to relay monthly discounts to these consumers.
Therefore, Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) works with Straight talk to mitigate the effects of this pandemic on communication. This is by providing free wireless service plans to eligible consumers. These plans offer free unlimited talk, text, and data. In fact, some eligible straight talk consumers might be lucky to get additional benefits under this program depending on your residential state. Some of the additional benefits are $30 monthly discount on internet services and up to $100 on devices.
Why Choose Straight Talk Affordable Connectivity Program?
Among many ACP service providers, straight talk services outstand in a number of ways. Below are reasons why several consumers chose straight talk ACP.
- You get free wireless services. With straight talk ACP, you get free monthly calls, texts and data. These services are not only free but also unlimited. That means you are free to make calls, text loved ones and browse for free without limits.
- Quality services. With straight talk, you don’t only receive free wireless services but also quality services. As a straight talk ACP consumer, you are bound to enjoy high data speed, streaming quality and reliable call services anytime.
- Its services are contract free. With straight talk, you are not tied to its services. Therefore, you are free to quit and enroll to another service without early termination fee. This gives you freedom of choice.
How Do I Qualify for Straight Talk Affordable Connectivity Program?
You qualify for straight talk ACP benefits if you have met the following rules:
- If you have a maximum total household income of 200% of the federal poverty level.
- If you receive help from any government assistance programs. These are programs like SNAP, Medicaid, WIC, SSI and federal public housing assistance.
- If you participate or receive help from any tribal land specific programs. Some of these programs are food distribution program on Indian reservation, tribal TANF and bureau of Indian affairs general assistance.
- If you were awarded a federal Pell grant on a current academic year.
- If you have been approved to get free or reduced price school lunch or school breakfast program via the USDA community eligibility provision in the last three school years.
- If you are a member of lifeline program
- If you meet the requirement of participating in any other provider’s low income program.
What Documents are Required to Apply for the Straight Talk Affordable Connectivity Program?
As already mentioned, ACP benefits are limited to low-income households. Therefore, you are required to confirm eligibility during your application. This is by attaching documents to prove that you qualify for the program. Some of these documents are:
- Job termination documents if you qualified for the program due to job loss. This could be your dissolution notice or termination letter.
- If you qualified based on your assistance program participation, you should attach documents of approval to the program. It can also be a benefit award or verification letter. Some of these documents are Medicaid approval letter, SNAP benefits verification letter or Federal public housing benefit award letter among others.
- If you qualified based on your total household income being equal to or less than 200% of the federal poverty limits, you should attach documents to prove your financial situation is indeed strained. Some of these documents are Annual state, federal or tribal tax return copy, Social security statement of benefits, Veteran administration document or Child support award.
- Finally, you are also required to attach copies of documents to prove your identity. Such documents can be Passport, birth certificate, Certificate of US naturalization, US driver’s license or Individual taxpayer identification number document.
How do I Check Status Straight Talk Affordable Connectivity Program Application?
After filling your straight talk ACP benefits application letter and submitting it, your application proof will be verified and approval given soonest possible. After, Straight Talk will notify you of your approval. However, if the notification delays, you can personally check your straight talk status through Straight Talk ACP page.
How to Apply for Straight Talk Affordable Connectivity Program?
When applying for Straight Talk affordable connectivity program, you have a set of options to consider. Among the three options, you can choose the most favorable.
- You can apply through the FCC page. Here, you can visit acpbenefit.org and fill an application form. Use their locator to identify a provider near you then select straight talk as your preferred provider. Get approved, contact straight talk and sign up to their services.
- Alternatively, you can apply via mail. Here, you print an application, manually complete the application and household worksheet, attach your eligibility proof copies and send them to “ACP support center , PO Box 7081, London, KY 40742 “.
- Finally, you can apply directly through your service provider. You can contact straight talk for help trough 1-833-343-8322 or visit their website and apply through the following procedure:
1. Determine eligibility
This requires you to determine whether you match straight talk ACP qualifying requirements. Visit straight talk official website to know more about their requirements. If you meet at least one of them, you can proceed with the application.
2. Fill an application form
The next step is to fill and submit Straight Talk ACP application form online. Luckily, this procure is so easy and precise. To start off, navigate to this site, broadbandbenefit.com/en/#!/ebbp/marketplace/landing?brand=STRAIGHT_TALK and enter your legal name, zip code, email address and tap “continue” to complete your application. During the application, you will be required to attach eligibility proof before submitting the form. After, submit and wait for the approval.
3. Get approved
After submission, you should wait for a few business days for your form to be reviewed and validated. If you qualify, they will approve and get notified through straight talk. After, you will start receiving your straight talk ACP benefits.
Are There Any Restrictions for this Straight Talk Affordable Connectivity Program?
Yes, there are restrictions for Straight Talk affordable connectivity program. First off, the program is not meant to benefit everyone. Instead, it is restricted to low-income households and assistance program participants. Below are other restrictions to this program.
- Straight talk affordability connectivity program benefits are limited to one member of an household
- Straight talk ACP discounts are restricted to one time per month
- Straight talk ACP device discounts are limited to one time per household.
- Straight talk ACP benefits are not transferable between family members.
Can I Receive ACP if My Household is Already Receiving Lifeline Benefits?
Yes. Although both are government assistance programs, they are distinct. Therefore, an individual or household is fully entitled to receive both lifeline and ACP benefits. In fact, if you participate in lifeline, you automatically qualify to receive ACP benefits.
Can I get a Free Tablet Under ACP?
ACP gives eligible consumers a one-time device discount to purchase a tablet. Here, you receive up to $100 tablet discount. This is after paying an upfront purchase price of $10 to $50. Therefore, it’s not possible to get a free tablet under ACP. Instead, you get a $100 discount to purchase a tablet.
How Do I Transfer My EBB Benefit to ACP?
You do not have to transfer your EBB benefits to ACP. This is because as per FCC directives, EBB benefits recipients will automatically continue to enjoy their benefits under ACP until the 1st of March 2022. Therefore, your EBB benefits are automatically transferred to ACP under a 60 day transition period.