How would you take benefit from the internet if you don’t have a well-configured connected gadget? After managing an internet connection, imagine trying to accomplish your tasks without a tablet, laptop, or computer. People struggling to manage a laptop, tablet, or desktop computer can see the light through the Federal Government’s Affordable Connectivity Program. The Federal Communications Commission got a fund from Congress to aid income-less people with credit for purchasing tablets, laptops, or desktop computers. So that these financially struggling low-income households can deal with the pandemic aftermath, every eligible household can get this one-time ACP $100 credit to buy one of those connected devices.
The world of virtual dependency and AI-based services makes it hard to imagine communication without a tablet or laptop. A tablet or a laptop is a device that gives you access to all the essential information as well as solves all of your communicative issues. As a portable device, a tablet or a laptop can assist you in your work, education, storing and analyzing information, and many other tasks. And the desktop computer can deliver more enhanced performance. However, many Americans find it hard to afford tablets and laptops due to the shutdown caused by the Covid-19 pandemic. The unwelcomed situation has left millions of Americans jobless. But here in this article, we aim to let you know how to get the ACP $100 credit for a laptop tablet, or desktop computer.
How to Get ACP $100 Credit for a Laptop-Tablet or Desktop Computer in 2023
The federal government has been providing several technological solutions to low-income households through the Lifeline benefit program. You can get a free quality tablet or a laptop being a qualified member of this program. But from May 2021, low-income individuals or families can apply for EBB $100 credit for a laptop, tablet, or desktop computer. At the end of 2021, Government converts EBB program to ACP. In this process, a family must meet the qualifying criteria. Any member of a family needs to meet any of the eligibility criteria specified by the FCC. The National Verifier requires information of the household and then determines whether the household is eligible for the ACP $100 credit.
After meeting the eligibility criteria, you will have to choose a provider who gives the ACP $100 credit for a laptop, tablet, or desktop computer and apply for the device discount. After the successful application, the provider starts processing the ACP $100 credit offer. As per the FCC terms and conditions, applicant households must pay $10.01 as a co-pay option and not be subjected to any account credits that users have earned in previous deals. FCC will cover the rest amount using the federal governments’ funds. So when you confirm the order, the provider starts the delivery process which may take around 6 to 8 weeks depending on the stocks. Please note that you will have to pay within 30 days of your order.
Benefits of ACP $100 Credit
There are numerous benefits to having a laptop or tablet or desktop, as it gives you access to information around the globe. The ACP program of $100 credit offer is a blessing for an income-less family as it provides them a complete laptop or a tablet or a desktop. Each of these free gadgets has essential features like a webcam, microphone, and Wi-Fi. This combination is helpful for everyone in different ways. Anyone can easily go through jobs search, online education, and health services, and even can attend events like virtual interviews or classrooms.
- You can get a connected device for lifetime use just by being eligible for the program.
- Low-income people can use these laptops and tablets to stay connected to mainstream media so they don’t miss out on any digital services.
- Jobless people can look for fresh jobs, work from home, and make money using ACP $100 credit from the Government.
- Using these tablets helps to gather any research material and data from the internet within seconds.
- Communication through these laptops or Tablets helps people stay connected to each other.
- The ACP $100 credit helps students to attend online classes from anywhere with a laptop, tablet, or desktop computer. Students can read digital books and necessary write-ups from the internet. A student can also get in touch to look for university scholarships and take admission online.
- Senior citizens can consult physicians through video calls using the laptop or tablet’s webcam. Even the total health care services of a family can be done online through the laptop or tablet.
- A laptop or desktop is well configured to perform basic software-based tasks. Even video editing and graphical visualization can be done on a laptop or desktop computer.
Eligibility Criteria for ACP $100 Credit
FCC rules say that Lifeline customers are eligible to participate in the ACP $100 credit program because both criteria are the same. But they must opt-in to the program. Additionally, participation in government assistance programs may make you qualified for the ACP $100 credit. A member of one household can apply for the ACP $100 credit. You must meet any of the following criteria to qualify for this program:
- Someone who lost a job or was furloughed during this pandemic can apply as eligible. You will have to show proof of income to meet the income guideline. Have you faced a substantial loss of income from job loss or furlough notice since February 2020? Then the FCC will grant you an ACP $100 credit to buy a functional laptop or a tablet or a desktop.
- To be eligible for this $100 credit your total income in 2020 should be below or equal to $99,000. For joint filers, this total income range is $198,000.
- If the household has participants in certain assistance programs, then it is excellent proof to show that you are eligible. The programs that act as added advantages for proof are SNAP (supplemental nutrition assistance program), Medicaid, SSI (Supplemental Security Income), Federal public housing assistance, Veterans survivor Pensions Benefits Fund, and more. Fortunately, these guidelines are similar in almost every state. You have to submit the document supporting the benefits you enjoy already.
- According to federal poverty guidelines, the applicants will be considered eligible for ACP if the income of the household is below 200%. The guidelines are similar for all the states across the United States. But before applying, check the updated poverty rate on their website to see if you fit these criteria.
- You can obtain eligibility under the federal free or reduced-price lunch and breakfast program, under the Richard B. Russell national school Lunch Act, or under section 4 of the Child Nutrition Act of 1966 (including the USDA Community eligibility provision).
- If you received a Federal Pell Grant under section 401 then you can apply for ACP $100 credit to buy a complete laptop or a tablet or a desktop. This award is only for students with financial needs who earned a bachelor’s degree or any professional degree.
- Either low income or COVID-19 program, both participants are eligible for this service.
You can receive both Lifeline and ACP $100 credit. If you already receive Lifeline service, then do not need to submit, just contact ACP providers.
Application Process for the ACP $100 Credit
According to the Federal Communications Commission, the participants of the Lifeline program will automatically get the ACP $100 credit if they apply. In that case, you will just need to submit the Lifeline number. Households must submit their eligibility request with proper information and the required documentation. If you think you meet any of the eligibility criteria then apply for the ACP $100 credit. Here are the following steps are given below:
First, you will have to go through the verification check to know your eligibility status for the ACP $100 credit. For this, you will have to complete the USAC online verification process. Go to the National Verifier website and check your household’s eligibility status. The national verifier will determine your eligibility for the ACP $100 credit. The National verifier will go through the information you provided and check the server to look for if there’s any unauthorized issue. You will get a notification from the national verifier on your status.
After getting confirmation of your eligibility from the National Verifier, you will have to enroll in the ACP $100 credit through the program provider. But if you are already a Lifeline user, then you don’t need to follow the eligibility process as you are eligible already. Next, you will need to fill out the online page with pieces of information. Before going to the next step, make sure of the validity of each piece of information and then proceed to the further steps. Wait until getting approval, usually it takes 3 to 5 minutes for the verification and approval.
As soon as you are approved, the FCC will send you a voucher so that you can get the $100 credit to buy a laptop or tablet.
Required Documents for the ACP $100 Credit
Knowing the requirements of actual documents is necessary to get the ACP $100 credit to buy a laptop or tablet or desktop. The documentation you should prepare depends on your eligibility category, your state, and the organization you want to apply to. Remember that the FCC doesn’t allow any handwritten documents or any supporting screenshots.
You need to submit two types of documents to request the benefit as an eligible household. Applicants must prove their eligibility for the FCC by proving that they are Americans. The personnel documents you need to provide are:
- A photo ID proof
- eligibility proof document
- income proof/student information
- contact details
- residence proof
- income proof or salary slip
You need relevant proof if you are planning to enroll based on any of these criteria:
- To determine your eligibility for a government assistance program, you must submit a document related to that program. Such as an approval letter, benefits verification letter, or benefits award letter.
- Social Security Number (SSN)/Driver’s license/passport/ID/Taxpayer Identification Number (Individual) with name and date of birth.
- Documentation confirming your income status. Such as the prior year’s state, federal, or Tribal tax return, current income statement, and unemployment statements.
What Brands/Models are Available on the ACP $100 Credit for a Laptop-Tablet or Desktop computer?
Tablet: Most of the renowned laptop, tablet, and desktop brands are available through ACP. If you meet the terms and requirements, you can purchase a high-quality tablet with ACP credit. But remember that the discount rate for a tablet is a maximum of $100. You will have to pay for the rest. In this ACP program, there are several models from renowned brands available for discount offers. Those are:
- Apple iPad 10.2
- Amazon Fire 7
- Lenovo Tab E10
- Lenovo Smart Tab M10
- Huawei MediaPad T3
- Huawei MediaPad T5
Laptop: Participating providers offer specific laptop brands and models in the ACP $100 credit offer. You will have to choose from the specified options to get the ACP $100 credit for a laptop. Here are some of the best laptops from the ACP $100 credit program:
- Microsoft Surface Laptop
- HP Spectre X 360
- Asus ZenBook 13 Ultra-slim Laptop
- Acer Spin 5 Convertible
Computer: PCs for People is one of the few core providers that offer desktop and laptop packages compatible with remote works. All the desktops PCs for People delivers are from renowned brands like HP, Dell, and Lenovo, etc. It provides Windows 10, MS Office in the packages. Desktop computers come with full packages including monitors, mouse’s, keyboards, wireless adaptors, and audio/video accessories. And they offer an AC adapter for every Laptop.
Frequently Asked Questions
What happens when the ACP $100 credit ends?
The ACP $100 credit program is temporary and the Federal Government doesn’t have any fixed expiration date. FCC will stop providing the benefits to the ACP customers immediately after the expiration of ACP. Since it’s a one-time offer, you can apply any time before the expiration.
When will I know if I can get the ACP $100 credit?
Within 2 to 3 business days, the provider will respond. This time varies according to the company. Sometimes, they will reply by email. You can check the website or call at customer care number.
Can seniors get an ACP $100 credit?
Yes, senior citizens also can get $100 credit for buying tablets or laptops. Various institutions, charities, internet providers, and non-profit organizations provide free devices to seniors. Contact your local institution or any provider that provides this ACP $100 credit. If you intend to receive this benefit, make sure you meet the government’s eligibility requirements.
Are there any extra bills required for the ACP $100 credit?
Fortunately, there is no contract for the ACP $100 credit. Additionally, there is a service fee and hidden fees. You will only have to pay the $10 co-pay after adding your family discount. The device model depends on the availability and state of the provider.
Getting a free device is the coolest thing especially when you do many virtual tasks. It is possible to get a $100 credit for buying a laptop, tablet, or desktop computer through the ACP program. All you need to do is fill out the form properly and wait for their feedback. As part of the $100 credit program, eligible households can receive a laptop, tablet, and desktop computers for lifetime use. The project aims to bridge the digital divide for people who have been struggling during this pandemic crisis.
Many internet service providers are providing devices to low-income people through the ACP. As low-income individuals cannot afford a tablet, laptop, or desktop computer for their job, education, and other purposes this $100 credit is a blessing for them. The process by FCC allows you to apply for a $100 credit from the government without difficulties. We hope you found this article useful as you are curious about “how do you get the ACP $100 credit for a laptop, tablet, or desktop computer”.