With the proliferation of modern tech devices, the number of cell phone service providers has been on the rise. From data services to voice calls, there are a plethora of services offered by these carriers. One of those carriers that offers value for money is Cricket Wireless. To start with, this is of the most popular service providers in the U.S. Unlike other carriers, this one offers its esteemed customers budget-friendly prepaid plans. Besides this, it offers high-quality devices to all its customers. When it comes to network coverage, Cricket Wireless does not disappoint as it offers AT&T nationwide coverage.
The carrier also offers a myriad of special deals for both existing and new customers. This carrier also permits its carriers to upgrade their current phones once every 180 days. However, they have to pay $35 as an upgrade fee. Finally, the carrier offers several discounts on a wide range of Cricket-compatible mobile phones which can readily be purchased either from their brick-and mortar store, online stores, or from 3rd party stores. In this article, we shall take an in-depth look at some of the Cricket phone deals for existing customers alongside other related ideas.
Who Qualifies For Cricket Wireless Phone Deals?
Cricket Wireless offers a number of deals to its customers, time is ripe for you to know them. As we mentioned above, Cricket offers phone deals to existing customers. However, new customers are not left out as they can also enjoy other amazing deals from this carrier.
Although Cricket Wireless offers phone deals to its existing customers, it is imperative to note that not all of them qualify to get these deals. For one to qualify for a phone deal, he or she must meet the following. These include:
- An existing customer should be actively using a cricket Wireless phone plan
- The customer in question must have used the network for more than 6 months.
If you meet these requirements, be sure that you will get a free phone. However, there are other offers such as phone discounts that are offered by 3rd party sellers. For intake, if you come across a Cricket Wireless phone being sold at a subsidized price, do not hesitate to purchase that device on the go as you will save more in the long run.
Cricket Wireless Phone Deals For Existing Customers
At the beginning of the article, we established that Cricket Wireless offers several phone deals for both existing and new customers. Here, we shall take a closer look at some of the phone deals that can mesmerize you, alongside their payment or price option.
Cricket iPhone Deals Existing Customers
- Apple iPhone SE: If you are an existing customer, you will be able to get this device with as little as $249.99 if you move to Cricket Wireless. Since this phone originally trades at $349.99, you have to bring your number and then activate a minimum monthly plan of $30.
- Apple iPhone XR 64GB: Existing customers can now get this device at $399.99. However, they have to switch their line to Cricket Wireless. Just like the Apple iPhone SE deal, customers here have to bring their number and then activate a minimum monthly plan of $30.
Cricket Android Phone Deals Existing Customers
- Samsung Galaxy A12: As we speak, you can now get the above-mentioned device at a discount of $50 in case of you are an existing customer. However, you have to bring your line and then activate it on a minimum monthly plan of $30.
- Motorola Moto G Power: In case you are existing customer, you will be able to get this device free of charge if you switch a line to Cricket Wireless. However, you must bring your number and activate it with a minimum monthly plan of $60.
- Samsung Galaxy A02s: Typically, this phone trades at $109.99. However, if you are an existing customer, you will get the device with as little as $39.99 in case you switch your line to Cricket. Besides this, you need to bring your number and then activate a minimum a monthly plan of $30.
- Motorola Moto G play: If you are existing customer, you will be able to get the above-mentioned device free of charge if you switch a line to Cricket Wireless. However, you must bring your number and activate it with a minimum monthly plan of $60.
- Cricket Ovation 2: The original price of this phone is $129.99 in the market. However, if you are an existing customer, you will be able to have this phone free of charge. To enjoy this benefit, you must bring your number and then activate a minimum monthly plan of $60.
- Cricket® Debut: If you go to the market, you will have to part with $79.99 in order to buy this phone. However, if you are an existing customer, you will save a lot of bucks as you will be able to get it free of charge. The catch here is that you have to bring your phone number and then activate a minimum monthly plan of $55.
- Cricket® Icon 3: Originally, this mobile device costs $89.99 in the market. The good news is that existing customers can now secure the phone free of charge. However, they have to bring their phone numbers and activate a minimum monthly plan of $55.
Cricket 5G Deals Existing Customers
- Cricket Dream 5G: If you are a new customer, be sure that you will purchase this phone at $189.99 in the market. However, if you are an existing customer, you will save more money as you will get the device free of charge. For you to enjoy this benefit, you must bring your number and then activate it with a minimum monthly plan of $60.
- Motorola one 5G: Typically, this mobile phone goes for $259.99 in the market. However, if you are an existing customer, you will get it free of charge. To make this possible, you have to bring your line and then activate it on a $60 monthly plan.
- Motorola Moto G Stylus 5G: Originally, this phone trades at $299.99 in the market. However, if you are an existing customer, be sure that you will get the device with as little as $99.99 if you make a switch to Cricket Wireless. However, you need to bring your number and then activate the line with a minimum monthly plan of $30.
- Samsung Galaxy A32 5G: If you visit the market, this mobile device trades at $279.99. However, if you are an existing customer, you will get a relatively cheaper price of $149.99.The catch here is to bring your number and then activate it with a minimum monthly plan of $30.
- Samsung Galaxy A52 5G: Originally, this phone goes for $459.99 in the market. However, if you switch to Cricket Wireless, you will be able to secure it with as little as $259.99.
- Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G: The above-mentioned phone is quite pricy as it costs 699.99. The good news is that you can get this phone at a relatively cheaper price of $449.99 if at all you are an existing customer and would like to switch a line to Cricket Wireless. As long as you bring your number and activate it with a monthly plan of $60, you will be good to go.
Recommended Post: How To Get Free 5G Government Phones
What To Know Before Choosing Cricket Wireless Phone Deals?
It is no secret that the deals we have mentioned above must be mesmerizing to say the least. As a result, you may be tempted to subscribe to Cricket Wireless so that you can also benefit from their amazing deals.
However, before you choose a certain Cricket Wireless phone deal, there is a need for you to consider a number of factors. By considering these factors, you will be able to make an informed decision and thus get value for your hard-earned money.
1. Make a comparison between the existing customers Cricket phone deals with those offered by other service providers
Like we have mentioned above, Cricket Wireless offers a number of phone deals for both existing and new customers. However, this is not the only service provider in the market. As we speak, there are many carriers offering such deals out there. For optimal results, you should not hesitate to check the offers of other carriers and then make a comparison. Chances are that you may get a carrier that offers better deals than Cricket Wireless.
From the prices of the devices to the prices of the cell phone plans, there are many factors that you should check and make comparisons. More importantly, ensure that you read the fine print of each and every service provider that you come across. This is because certain service providers usually offer discounts only under certain conditions.
Some of the conditions here may work well for you and others might not even fit your budget. Making such considerations can go along way in enabling you save your hard-earned money.
2. Does it offer deals with contracts or without contracts
Some carriers usually ask their customers to sign a contract before they allow you to utilize their services. Whether you want to get a phone deal, data deal or any other deal, be sure that you have to sign a contract with them.
However, there are others that hardly require you to sign a contract. A classic example of this carrier is Cricket Wireless. Unlike other conventional carriers, this one is a prepaid one and thus you will not be locked to a yearly contract.
Since this carrier does not need to sign a contract, be sure that you can move to another carrier with ease without necessarily being locked until your current contract is over. Depending on your priorities, you can choose the one that suits your needs and be good to go.
3. Customer service
When it comes to customer support services, different carriers usually offer different services. Ideally, customer service is deemed to be good depending on their availability, how one can reach them, and so forth.
For instance, your carrier of choice should have reliable customer service. Besides this, you should be able to reach the customer support team through email, phone or live chat. The more avenues a certain carrier has, the better the carrier.
Since we are interested in Cricket Wireless, you will note that it allows its customers to reach the customer support team through a phone call and a live chat. As far as availability of this customer team is concerned, you will not that you can readily contact them from Monday to Sunday from 9.00 AM to 9.00 PM ET.
If you have an issue with the carrier on Sunday, feel free to contact them from 10.00 AM to 9.00 PM ET. In case you opt to reach them on phone, you are at liberty to contact them at 1-800-274-2538.Better still, you can dial 611 from your Cricket device and contact a customer support agent outright.
4. Coverage and internet speed
Depending on the network of different carriers, their coverage and data speeds are bound to vary. Currently, there are 4 major carriers namely; Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile and AT&T.As far as their MVNOs are concerned, be sure that they have a remarkable network coverage nationwide.
However, there are certain regions where you may not get good network coverage. This can be attributed to the fact that some of these MVNOs’ network towers are not distributed evenly in all places.
To get it right, you should ensure that you check the coverage map of your preferred carrier and then make a wise decision. Besides the network coverage, you should keep an eye on the data speeds of a particular carrier.
To know whether Cricket Wireless is available in your region, you should visit https://www.cricketwireless.com/map.html and then key in your ZIP code or address in the search box you see on your screen.
5. Performance of your preferred mobile device
There are many phone deals being offered by reputable carriers such as Cricket Wireless. When choosing a phone deal from this carrier, you should be keen to check its performance. To put it into perspective, you should take a closer look at the size of its screen, its RAM and ROM, its camera and battery capacity. Ideally, it should have a 32GB ROM, 2GB RAM, 8MP front camera and 12 MP rear camera. Besides this, it should have a 4.7 screen display and a friendly user interface.
6. Return policy
Sometimes, your device of choice may develop issues days after you have purchased it from a certain carrier. Since the device might not offer optimal services to you, the only option you have to is to return it and get a replacement.
Your carrier of choice should have a return policy. The good news is that you can always get a return policy document on your carrier’s website. You can even read different customer reviews regarding the return policy of a certain carrier and then make an informed decision.
Does Cricket Wireless Have Bring Your Own Phone Options?
The good news is that Cricket Wireless allows its customers to bring their own phones into the program. With the Bring Your Own Phone program in place, be sure that you will be able to use your current device on Cricket Wireless network and enjoy its affordable cell phone plans, among other benefits.
However, your device of choice must be compatible with this carrier. To determine whether your mobile device is compatible with Cricket Wireless, you should feel free to visit https://www.cricketwireless.com/cell-phones/bring-your-phone. Here are some of the existing options that existing customers can enjoy in this program:
- An existing customer is allowed to bring a tablet. Once he or she bring the tablet, the customer will be required to activate it on one of the existing Cricket’s data-only plans where he will have a good access to messaging services.
- You are at liberty to add a line to your account with a mobile device that you already own. To get started, you should login in to ‘My account’ and then choose the ‘Add a line’ option and then click on the ‘Bring your device’ option. Remember that all eligible lines with BYOP devices now qualify for multiline discounts offered by Cricket Wireless.
- You will get a new SIM card. In the event that your SIM cards get stolen, lost or damaged, be sure that you will get a new SIM card under this program. Better still, if you switched to a different device that uses a SIM card of a different size, trust that you will get a new SIM card. All you need to do is to buy a new SIM card online and you will be good to go. If you want to purchase one, you should log in to ‘My account’ and then choose ‘Get a new SIM card’ option. In case you do not want to purchase a new SIM card online, you can opt to purchase at the brick-and mortar store near you.
- You have the luxury to bring a data device. Here, you will need to activate the device on the data-only plans offered by Cricket and enjoy messaging services.
Does Cricket Have A Phone Upgrade Program?
Yes. As we speak Cricket Wireless now allows its customers to upgrade their current mobile phone once in every 180 days. However, if you want to do so, brace yourself to pay an upgrade fee amounting to $25.Here are other conditions that you should meet:
- Your device of choice must be new and must have been bought at a Cricket store or from their official website
- You ought to have an existing Cricket Wireless line
- Your monthly rate plan must cost $30 or more. The good news is that you can change the monthly plan either in the Cricket app or online.
As far as upgrading your current mobile phone is concerned, be sure that you will have an opportunity to add Cricket Protect insurance. However, if you already have it, you will have the luxury of keeping it even after the upgrade is over. In case you want to keep or add the Cricket Protect insurance, the device that you have upgraded should be eligible for this feature.
What Phone Carriers Are Compatible With Cricket Wireless?
Some of the carriers that are compatible with Cricket include; T-Mobile, AT&T, and Verizon. If you are a customer of any of these carriers, be sure that you can readily swap from any of them and choose Cricket Wireless.
Can I Transfer My Cricket Service To Another Carrier?
If you want to transfer your Cricket service to another device, the first thing to do is to deactivate your services. Technically, you will be deactivating the Cricket Wireless services on your old Cricket Wireless device so that you can transfer them on the new device.
To get started, you should log in to the Cricket Wireless gateway page and then select the ‘My Account’ option. Select the ‘My Services’ tab and then click on the ‘Line’ you want to deactivate. Thereafter click on the ‘View’ option.
The moment you click on the ‘View’ option on your phone, you will be able to reconfigure your whole line as per your needs. To put this into perspective, you will be free to deactivate the whole line, change the phone number, change the plan and so much more.
Once you have deactivated your line, time will be ripe for you to upgrade your current smartphone. To get started, you should open your web browser and then navigate to the Cricket account web portal. Thereafter, log in with your phone number and password. Choose the ‘My Cricket’ wireless and then click on the ‘Upgrade’ option.
Once you click on the ‘Upgrade’ option, you will have a chance to see a myriad of cricket phones to choose from. Choose the model that suits your needs and then purchase it. In case you have a cricket number, you are at liberty to choose a plan and obtain a smartphone free of charge.
Once you have upgraded the current phone, the next step is to flash the new device in case it was being used on a different carrier. By flashing the device, you will be able to convert it into a Cricket-compatible phone. If you want to flash your new mobile device, you can either find an authorized Cricket Wireless agent or visit the brick-and-mortar Cricket store near you.
Remember that Cricket Wireless normally relies on the CDMA network and handsets. In full, CDMA means Code Division Multiple Access. This means that the programming here typically informs the affiliation of your smartphone’s network. Therefore, if you are using a non-cricket mobile device, be sure that it will not be able to catch Cricket’s network signals.
As far as flashing is concerned, bear in mind that all your data will be lost. It is therefore advisable that you back up your data and save the most important data on a different laptop, SD card, hard disk or computer.
The next step is to activate the new smartphone so that you can utilize it on this network. To get started, you should visit the Cricket account web portal and then select the ‘Resources’ option. Click on the ‘Activate Now’ option two times and then key in the serial number of your mobile device. Once you are done, choose ‘Next’ and then click on the ‘Activate’ button.
By clicking on the ‘Activate’ button, you will be able to link your new phone’s serial number to your cricket account. Thereafter, you can now start the data transfer process. Once the data transfer process is over, you can now set up your new phone by inserting a new Cricket SIM card and then restarting your mobile device.
You can go ahead and download the ‘Mycricket’ app on your device or the Cricket Visual Voicemail in case you are using an Android device. Once you are done, start enjoying your new Cricket mobile phone.
From having affordable cell phone plans to amazing phone deals, there are many reasons why you should consider switching to Cricket Wireless today. If you want to make a switch, you should follow the above-mentioned procedure. In case, you are looking for a Cricket phone deal, the above-mentioned deals are worth considering. By considering them, you will not only save more bucks but also enjoy better features as some of them have incredible features. Since Cricket Wireless is one of the few carriers with no contract or hidden fees, switching to this carrier will allow you to get the value of your hard-earned money.