Would you like to get a free government tablet in Texas? Worry not as the Federal government allows low income individuals, the disabled and seniors to obtain this device seamlessly. All you need to do is to apply for the Affordable Connectivity Program or the Specialized Telecommunication Assistance Program (STAP) and you will be good to go. With this tablet in place, you will be able to learn online, work online, access emergency healthcare services and so forth. More importantly, you need to meet the much-needed eligibility requirements of any of the above-mentioned programs so that you can get a free government tablet. To learn more about how to get a free government tablet in Texas, read this article and you will be able to get started!
Ways to Get a Free Government Tablet in Texas 2023
Like we have mentioned above, you can now get a free government tablet in Texas by applying for the ACP or STAP program. If you are disabled and are 5 years and above, you can apply for a free government tablet via STAP and get a free model after several months. On the other hand, if you have a low income or participate in a government assistance program, consider applying for a free tablet via ACP.
Programs That offer Free Government Tablet in The following are some of the programs that allow you to get a free government tablet in Texas:
First and foremost, this program was launched after the Emergency Broadband Benefit program came to an end in 31st December 2021. Once you apply for the Affordable Connectivity Program, you stand the chance to get a free or discounted tablet that can enable you to remain connected. The tablet that you will get via this program is not free as you will be required to pay at least $10 and not more than $50 towards the purchase of that tablet.
On the other hand, the carrier that offered the ACP facility will offer a one-time discount of up to $100. Once you get this discount, you will not have to strain your budget for you to purchase the tablet of your choice. Besides allowing you to get a discounted tablet, this program allows you to enjoy unlimited talk, text, and mobile data depending on the ACP carrier you choose to work with. Finally, you stand the chance to enjoy discounts of up to $30 per month if you live on non-tribal lands. However, if you live on Tribal lands, you can get discounts of up to $75 per month.
Besides the ACP, you can now get a free government tablet in Texas via STAP. First and foremost, STAP stands for Specialized Telecommunication Assistance Program. It is imperative to note that this program offers residents of Texas electronic devices such as smartphones and tablets. For you to get a tablet from this program, you must be at least 5 years old and be disabled.
Additionally, you need to visit the local certifier offices for you to apply for this program and get the much-needed approval. Once your application is approved, there will be a voucher that will be sent to a tablet vendor operating within your locality. Thereafter, you will be able to receive a free tablet and get connected.
Qualifications For Free Government Tablet from Texas under the ACP & STAP Program
Whether you want to apply for a free government tablet in Texas via ACP or STAP, there are certain eligibility requirements that you must meet. For instance, if you want to qualify for STAP, here are the requirements that you ought to fulfill:
- Ensure that you reside in Texas
- Ensure that you are 5 years and above
- Ensure that you are disabled.
On the other hand, if you want to qualify for the ACP facility, you should ensure that your income stands at or is below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. If you do not qualify via this criteria, ensure that you are a beneficiary of a government assistance program such as:
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- Supplemental Security Income
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families(Tribal TANF)
- Tribal Head Start
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children(WIC)
- You benefited from the Federal Pell Grant in the current award year
- You are a participant of the Free and Reduced-Price School Breakfast Program or School Lunch Program, including at the U.S Department of Agriculture (USDA) Community Eligibility Provision schools.
Documentations To Get Free Government Tablet in Texas Under The ACP & STAP Program
During the application process, you will be required to submit a number of documents in order to prove your identity and eligibility status. In the subsequent sections, we shall outline the various documents that you ought to submit so that your application can be approved.
Program Participation Documents
If you are a beneficiary of a government assistance program such as Medicaid, SSI, SNAP, Section 8, Tribal Head Start, Tribal TANF or WIC, consider submitting copies of the following documents:
- Benefit verification letter
- Benefit award letter
- Statement of benefit
- Approval letter
Income Level documents
Supposing your income stands at or is below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, consider submitting a copy of any of the following documents:
- Social Security statement of benefits
- Pension or retirement statement of benefits
- Unemployment or Workmen’s Compensation statement of benefits
- Veteran Administration statement of benefits
- Your prior year’s federal, state or Tribal tax return
- Tribal or Federal notice letter of participation in General Assistance.
- Current income statement from your employer
- Your paycheck stub
Some of the general documentation that you should submit during the application process include a document that shows your name in full, your age, address among other finer details. In this case, consider submitting copies of the following:
- Valid government-issued, state, military or Tribal ID
- Driver’s license
- Utility bill
- Mortgage or lease statement
- Birth certificate
- Permanent or Green card
- Certificate of U.S Citizenship or naturalization
- Your recent W-2 or tax return document
- In case you suffer from disability, submit a document that shows that you are genuinely disabled. Copies of your medical records, court document or certificate of emancipation can work magic for you.
Applications Process For Free government Tablet In Texas Through The ACP & STAP Program
When applying for the ACP program, you are free to either do it online, mail or via your preferred service provider. Here are the main methods that can help you get started:
Apply through online
- First and foremost, visit “nv.fcc.gov/lifeline/?id=nv_flow&ebbp=true” and then key in your territory or state’s name.
- Thereafter, log in with your details so that you can start the application process. If you do not have an existing account, consider creating one right away.
- Once you are logged in, you will be redirected to a different page where you will be needed to fill in your details. Here, you need to key in your name in full, date of birth, your SSN, among other vital details.
- Fill in those details correctly and then attach copies of your personal and eligibility documents.
- Check and confirm that everything is right and then submit your application form.
Apply Via Mail
- Visit “affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/ACP-Application-Form-English.pdf” and then download the English version of the ACP form. Once you are done, print the application form.
- Thereafter, visit “affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/lifeline/images/ACP-Household-Worksheet-English.pdf” and download the Household Worksheet. Although this step is option, it is highly recommended. Once you download the Household Worksheet, print it right away.
- With these documents and hand, the next step is to fill them correctly.
- Attach copies of your personal and eligibility documents to the application form and then mail the package to the ACP Support Center using this address; PO Box 7081, London, KY 40742.
Apply through Provider
To start with, you should choose a carrier that offers ACP facility in Texas. Thereafter, visit the carrier’s official site and then key in your ZIP code. Thereafter, start the application process. When filling your details, ensure that you key in the right details. Upload copies of your personal and eligibility documents and then attach them to your application form. Check and confirm that everything is correct and then submit your application letter for review.
Supposing you want to apply for the free government tablet in Texas via STAP, you will be required to meet this programs’ eligibility requirements first and then have copies of both your personal and eligibility documents. Once you meet these requirements, you can now visit any local certifier’s offices and make your application from that end.
Once you visit the local certifier’s office near you, the certifier will sign all the application documents that you have and hand so as to establish that you are eligible for the program. Thereafter, your application will be submitted to Austin STAP office. After submitting your application be patient as it might about 6 months for it to be approved.
However, if your application is approved, there will be a voucher that will be given to a specialized tablet vendor. With this voucher in place, you can expect that you will get a free tablet after a few days. Here, it will be delivered to the address that you included in the application form.
Some Reasons for Rejecting My Free Government Tablet Application
If you applied for a free government tablet in Texas and were disqualified, here are some of the reasons that could have led to that problem:
- You do not reside in Texas
- You are not 5 years and above(if you applied for the tablet via STAP)
- You are not 18 years and above(If you applied via the ACP facility)
- Your income is above 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines
- You are not a beneficiary of a government assistance program such as Medicaid, SSI, SNAP, Section 8, Tribal Head Start, among others.
- You entered the wrong details during the application process
- You failed to attach copies of your personal and eligibility documents during the application process
- You uploaded blur copies of your personal and eligibility documents
- Supposing you mailed the application form, chances are that you sent it to the wrong address.
To keep such problems at bay, consider the following ideas:
- Ensure that you live in Texas.
- Ensure that you are 5 years and above if you have to apply for the free government tablet via STAP.
- Ensure that you are disabled if you want to apply for the tablet via STAP.
- In case you want to apply for the tablet via ACP, ensure that your income stands at or is below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines
- Make sure that you are a beneficiary of a government assistance program such as Section 8, SNAP, SSI, Medicaid, Tribal TANF, Tribal Head Start, WIC, among others.
- Ensure that you fill in the right details on the application form
- Make sure that you attach copies of your personal and eligibility documents during the application process.
- Ensure that you upload clear copies of your personal and eligibility documents.
- When mailing your application form, ensure that you countercheck the mail address well so that it can get to the right destination.
Best Companies That Offer Government-Free Tablets in Texas in 2023
Some of the best carriers that offer free government tablets in Texas include:
Q Link Wireless
The above-mentioned carrier is one of the reputable service providers that offer free or discounted tablets in Texas. With as little as $10, you will be able to get a discounted tablet from this carrier and thus be connected with those whom you love. On the other hand, you will get a one-time discount of up to $100 that will enable you purchase your desired tablet less expensively.
If you are a low income earner and live in Texas, be certain that you can now get a discounted or free government tablet from this carrier. Here, you will be able to get a discount of up to $100 so that you can buy a tablet of your choice. On the other hand, you have to make a co-payment of $10 to $50.Some of the tablets, you can get from this carrier include; Alcatel Joy Tab, Apple iPad Air, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, among others.
NewPhone Wireless is another eminent carrier that offers ACP to all its eligible customers. However, you will be needed to part with $10 and not more than $50 towards the purchase of your tablet. This carrier on the other hand will offer a one-time discount of $100, thereby allowing you to buy your tablet more affordably.
The above-mentioned carrier allows you to get a free 8 inch tablet so that you can work online, learn online, be connected with those whom you love, and so forth. All you need to do is to visit “myeasywireless.com” and make your application from that end. If you met its eligibility requirements, you will be able to enjoy unlimited talk, data, text and hotspot data.
If you live in states such as California, Indiana, Kansas, Arizona, Colorado, Georgia, or Idaho, be certain that you can apply for this carrier’s ACP facility and get a free government tablet. However, you need to contribute at least $10 so that you can obtain your preferred tablet of choice. Since the carrier will offer a discount of $100 or thereabout, you will not need to break the bank for you to purchase a tablet.
Non-profit Organizations That Offer Free Government Tablets in Texas
Apart from the carriers that we have mentioned above, it is now possible for you to get a free tablet from non-profit organizations and enjoy unlimited convenience. Some of the popular organizations that offer free or discounted tablets include:
- World Computer Exchange
- Computer for Learning
- Accelerated Schools Programs
- Technology Assisting People in Need
- The On It Foundation
- Komputers 4 Kids
- Microsoft Registered Refurbished
Other Benefits Getting After Qualifying Government Free Tablet in Texas
Once you qualify to get a free government tableted certain that you will enjoy a myriad of benefits. Some of these benefits include:
- You will be able to work online
- The tablet will allow you to learn online or virtually
- It allows you to be connected with those whom you love.
- You will be able to access emergency healthcare services
- You will be able to know the current happenings both within your locality, nationally and internationally.
- The tablet will allow you to seek better job opportunities online
- With the tablet in place, you will be able to surf the internet, play mobile games, stream online contents and so much more. Consequently, you will be able to keep boredom at bay.
- If your ACP carrier of choice offers you free mobile hotspot data, you will be able to keep other devices connected to the internet. Therefore, you will not be required to purchase extra mobile data to keep these devices connected.
- You stand the chance to save up to $30 per month if you live on non-tribal lands. On the other hand, you can save up to $75 if you live on Tribal lands.
- You will also enjoy unlimited text and talk
- Depending on your ACP carrier of choice, you might be able to enjoy unlimited mobile data.
Types of Free Government Tablet to Get in Texas 2023
As far as the free government tablet is concerned, it is important to note that you will not get the latest model. Also, the tablet might have sophisticated features as desired. However, it will be reliable model that will suit your needs. In most cases, the tablet you are likely to get from the government comes from renowned brands such as Google, LG, Lenovo, Samsung, Microsoft, among others. If you are lucky enough, you might be able to get a tablet with the following basic specifications:
- The model will come with a 12.3 inch PixelSense screen display
- It will come with an 8GB RAM and 128GB ROM. Additionally, the tablet allows you to expand its internal memory up to 512GB using a micro SDcard.
- The model runs on Intel Core processor and runs on the latest Android operating system.
- When it comes to the camera section, the model does not disappoint as it comes with an 8MP HD camera at the back and 5MP at the front.
- The tablet is powered by a long-lasting Li-Ion battery whose capacity is 5000 mAh.
- It supports both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity capabilities.
- It also allows you to insert a SIM card.
- The model comes with a 5 year warranty from the manufacturer. However, its accessories come with a 1 year warranty.
Some of the decent models that you might get from government include:
- Alcatel Joy Tab
- Vortex tablet
- Google Chromebook
- Sunshine T1
- Lenovo Tab 5
- LG G Pad 5
- Apple 12.9 inch iPad Pro 2021
- 2020 Apple iPad
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S7
- Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 2
- Lenovo Tab M10 Plus tablet
- Fire HD 10 tablet
How long does it take to receive a free government tablet in Texas?
Once you apply for a free government tablet in Texas, expect to get it after 7 to 10 business days.
Can I Upgrade My Government Free Tablet?
Well, it all depends on how you obtained your free government tablet. For instance, if you obtained it from non-profit organizations, trust that you will not be able to upgrade it. On the other hand, if you got your model from a carrier such as Qlink Wireless or StandUp Wireless, you are at liberty to upgrade it. However, you might be asked to pay a small fee to get an upgrade.
Can I apply for multiple free government tablets in Texas for my family?
No. You are only allowed to have one free government tablet per family.
Can I Get a free tablet through (Specialized Telecommunication Assistance Program) STAP?
Yes. Besides the ACP facility, you can now get a free tablet via STAP. However, you need to meet this programs eligibility requirements for you to get a free model.
Can I choose which tablet model I receive?
Not really. This is because these tablets are issued depending on one’s location and their availability. Thankfully, you will be able to receive a decent model that will suit your needs.
Are there any additional costs associated with receiving a free government tablet in Texas?
No. Apart from paying $10 and not more than $50 towards the purchase price, be certain that you will not incur any other extra cost to obtain a free government tablet in Texas.
Can I sell my free government tablet to someone else?
No. You are not allowed to sell your free government tablet to someone else.