From offering free mobile phones to enjoying good network coverage within the United States, there are many benefits that one is likely to reap once you join Qlink Wireless. Although Qlink Wireless offer tons of benefits to its customers, there are instances when one might be prompted to cancel its services. For instance, if your device was lost or stolen, you might have to cancel Qlink Wireless service.
Besides this, if you are planning to relocate to a different region, you might have to cancel Qlink Wireless service. Additionally, you might have come across a better service provider than Qlink. All these are some of the reasons why you cancel your Qlink Wireless service. Thankfully, this carrier allows you to cancel its service procedurally. In this article, I’ll discuss the various conditions for Qlink Wireless service cancellation, how you can cancel Qlink Wireless service, and so forth.
Steps To Take Before Cancelling My Q-link Wireless
Before you initiate the process of cancelling your Qlink Wireless service permanently, there are certain considerations that you should make. Some of these considerations include:
1. Ensure that you backup your data
Once you cancel your service with this carrier, chances are that Qlink Wireless will collect your device. This applies if you had received a free model from this carrier. In this case, it is imperative that you back up your data before you can cancel your Qlink Wireless service.
After backing up your data, ensure that you store that information in a safe place. However, if you had brought your phone to this carrier’s network, Qlink Wireless will not take it from you. Therefore, you might not have to back up your data anyway.
2. Make sure that you do not have unsettled charges with Qlink Wireless
If you have any uncleared bills with this carrier, ensure that you clear them first before canceling your service. For instance, if you lost or misplaced your device, this carrier might charge you $34.95 to get a replacement. Ensure that these charges are settled before you can cancel this carrier’s service.
3. Decide whether to keep your old number or lose it altogether
As you undertake the service cancellation process, you will be asked whether you want to retain your existing number or lose it. To be on the safe side, make this decision as early as possible. As you make this decision, bear in mind that this carrier has a right to deny you access to your existing number. Moreover, it can reassign that number to another subscriber in case your account gets terminated.
4. Look out for a new carrier
Whether you want to transfer your service to a general carrier or a Lifeline provider, there is a need for you to choose one service provider that suits your needs early enough. Your preferred carrier of choice should offer affordable cell phone plans, have good network coverage, offer decent phones and so on. This means that your service provider of choice should be better than Qlink Wireless.
5. Get the right documents
Once you start the cancellation process, you will be prompted to provide a number of documents in order to establish whether you are the primary owner of your account. Therefore, you should ensure that you have the correct identification documents at hand so that you can make the entire process seamless.
Qlink Wireless Cancellation Terms And Conditions
It is imperative to note that Qlink Wireless reserves the right to end your service due to the following reasons:
- You have violated Qlink terms and conditions.
- Your device has been reported to have been stolen or lost
- You are no longer eligible for the Qlink Lifeline program.
- You have failed to complete the annual Lifeline recertification in a timely manner. For optimal results, you should recertify your Qlink Lifeline eligibility 60 days after receiving a notification. If you are eligible for the Lifeline program, you can re-enroll and then get started.
- Your account has been inactive for 45 days and above. Remember that once your account has been inactive for 30 days, you will be able to receive a notification prompting you to activate your account within 15 days. If the 45 days period lapses and you have not yet activated your account, be certain that it can be deactivated by this carrier. In addition, you might be de-enrolled from the Lifeline program.
- You have opted to rent, sell or give away your Qlink Lifeline service. This is because Qlink Wireless does not allow this practice.
- You have started harassing Qlink Wireless representatives
- Interfering with Qlink Wireless operations
- Modifying your device from the specifications set by the manufacturer
- Engaging in abusive emailing, messaging or calling
- Utilize the service in a manner that negatively affects Qlink Wireless network or service.
- Threaten or even commit violence against any representative that works for this carrier.
3 Ways To Cancel Your Qlink Wireless Services
The process of cancelling Qlink Wireless service is generally easy and straightforward. Here are some of the methods that can help you get started:
1. Cancel this Qlink service by phone call
Unlike other methods, this one tends to be faster and more convenient for many people. If you please to use this method, contact this carrier’s customer support team by dialing 1-855-754-6443 and then request the agent on the other end to cancel your service.
The agent might ask you a number of details so as to ascertain that you are the primary owner of the account. This is the reason why you should consider having identification documents at hand so that you can have an easy time. Once you submit your details, the agent will guide you on how you can cancel your service. However, in most cases, they are the ones who will largely facilitate the entire process.
2. Cancel your Qlink Wireless service online
Besides contacting this carrier’s service team by phone, you can cancel your Qlink Wireless service online and be good to go. All you need to do is to visit qlinkwireless.com and then sign in with your Qlink details. Once you are logged in, you will see an option that permits you to cancel your Qlink Wireless service. Choose that option and then follow the prompts that you will see on your screen.
3. Cancel Qlink Wireless service at the in-store
The above-mentioned method is ideal for those who are not tech-savvy. Thankfully, this carrier allows you to cancel its service at their in-stores and enjoy unlimited convenience. If you choose this method, ensure that you carry your identification documents and then visit a brick and mortar Qlink Wireless store near you and you will get help.
Frequently Ask Questions
How Long Does It Take To Cancel Qlink Wireless?
Well, it is difficult to estimate how long this carrier can take to cancel your Qlink Wireless service. This is because the duration taken to cancel your service depends on the reason why you choose to undertake the process and how you eventually choose to cancel this carrier’s service.
However, if you choose to cancel your Qlink Wireless service over the phone, be sure that it will only take a few minutes and you will be good to go. Once your Qlink Wireless SIM card fails to make calls, send messages or even access internet connection via mobile data, be certain your service has been cancelled successfully.
Is Qlink Wireless Cancellation Free?
The good news is that Qlink does not charge you to terminate your service. Here, you are at liberty to cancel your service at any time. All you need to do is to follow the correct procedure and you will be good to go. In the event you are asked to part with a few bucks, contact this carrier’s customer service team as that might be an attempt to defraud you of your hard-earned money.
What Will Happen After I Cancel My Qlink Wireless?
After cancelling your Qlink Wireless, you might no longer be able to enjoy sending messages and making calls. In addition, you might not be able to browse the internet on mobile data free of charge.
You might not also be able to enjoy voicemail services and so forth. Cancelling your Qlink Wireless service might also make you lose your number, thereby losing vital contacts that you had gathered over the years.
Can I Keep My Qlink Phone After Cancelling My Services?
It depends. For instance, if you received a free phone from Qlink and opt to cancel your service, chances are that Qlink will collect your device. However, this decision is still relative as it is not clear whether this carrier will take your device or not.
This is the reason why you should backup your data before you cancel this carrier’s service. By backing up your data, vital details such as your photos, videos and documents and even contacts will remain safe after you cancel this carrier’s service.
If you brought your own device to this carrier’s network and opt to cancel it, Qlink Wireless will not take your device. Therefore, you can be sure that transferring your service from this carrier to the next service will be smoother than ever as you will not have to purchase another phone altogether.
Can Qlink Cancel My Services Without My Consent?
Like we mentioned, this carrier has the right to end your service at any time without your service in case you violate its terms and conditions. Here are some of the instances when Qlink Wireless might end your service without your consent:
- You are no longer eligible to continue enjoying Lifeline services. In addition, if you fail to complete the much-needed annual Lifeline recertification within the scheduled timelines. Ideally, you should undertake this process within 60 days after receiving a notification prompting you to do so.
- Your phone has been reported to have been stolen or lost.
- Your account has been inactive for more than 45 days. Once your active becomes inactive for 30days, you will receive a notification informing you to correct the non-usage within 15 days. If 45 days lapse and your account is still inactive, you will be de-enrolled from Lifeline and your account can be deactivated.
What Happens To My Benefits After I Cancel Qlink Wireless?
Once your Qlink Wireless service is cancelled, you will no longer be able to enjoy Lifeline benefits. To put this into perspective, you will not be able to make free calls like you used to, use free mobile data or even send text messages free of charge. Therefore, you might have to choose another carrier so that you can enjoy the Lifeline benefits. For instance, if your account was deactivated due to violation of Qlink Wireless terms and policies, you might not be able to reactivate your account anytime soon.
However, if your account was canceled due to Lifeline ineligibility, be certain that you can reapply for the program as long as you meet the minimum requirements again. Finally, if you choose to cancel your Qlink Wireless service on your own or due to inactivity, you are at liberty to reactivate it and start enjoying the benefits that you used to enjoy back then.