Would you like to use you use your Moto G Play with another carrier? Unlocking the model should top your to-do-list today. Once you unlock your Moto G Play, you will not only be able to use the services of other carriers but also be able to sell your device at a higher price. Additionally, it allows you to save more bucks as you can now let go expensive cell phone contracts and so forth. With all these benefits at hand, you should not hesitate to unlock your Moto G Play.
If you want to unlock Moto G paly but don’t have an idea on how to get started, this article will help you get started. Here, we shall take discuss why you should unlock your Moto G Play, procedure for unlocking this model among other important topics.
Few Common Reasons For Unlock Moto G Play Phone
There are many reasons why you might be prompted to unlock your Moto G Play. Some of these reasons include:
- You are travelling and your current carrier does not have a good network coverage in your host country.
- You want to enjoy freedom of using the services of other carriers. Therefore, you will be free to try the different offers from other service providers who might be operating in your state or country.
- At some point, contracts can be expensive. Such is the case if the contract needs you to remain loyal to your customer for several months or even years. Once you sign into such agreements, always brace yourself for high charges from your carrier. To be on the safe side, you should unlock your Moto G Play so that you can try other affordable cell phone plans offered by other carriers.
- In case you want to sell your phone, be certain that you will be able to sell the Moto G Play at a better price as its customer will be able to use it with any other compatible carrier.
- Supposing you want to upgrade your phone, be certain that you are liberty do so without having for a 2- year or 1-year contract to be over so that you can get started. Additionally, once you unlock your device, you will be able to get firmware upgraded faster than you would if your model was locked.
Procedure of Unlocking Motorola Moto G Play Phone
The procedure of unlocking your Motorola Moto G Play is not complicated. If you want to unlock your device, be certain that you can now do it via the following methods.
1. Contact your carrier’s customer support team and request for an unlock code
If you choose this method to unlock your Motorola Moto G Play, ensure that you back up your device first. By backing up your device, you can be sure that all the contents on your phone will remain safe even after unlocking process is over. Thereafter, follow these steps in order to get started:
- Get your Moto G Play’s IMEI number. To obtain this number, you should dial *#06# on your phone and then record the 15-digit number that you will see on your phone’s screen.
- Ensure that you have all the necessary unlock eligibility documents or details at hand. Some of these details include, your name in full, your address, billing information, among other details.
- With these details at hand, contact your carrier’s customer support team and then let them know that you want to unlock your phone.
- The agent on the other end will ask you a number of questions in order to establish whether you are the genuine owner of your phone or not. Answer all the asked questions correctly so that you can get an unlock code from this professional.
- If all the details are right have met all the unlock eligibility requirements, you will be able to get an unlock code from your carrier. Note down this code as you will require it later.
- Get your Motorola Moto G Play ready and remove the current SIM card.
- Once you remove the existing SIM card, enter another SIM card from a different carrier.
- Switch on your phone. Once you power on your device, it will prompt you to enter an unlock code.
- Key in the unlock code that you got from your carrier and you will be all set.
- Within 2 to 5 days, your device should be unlocked and thus allow you to use it on other carrier networks.
2. Use 3rd party apps
Besides contacting your carrier’s customer support team, you can now unlock your Motorola Moto G Play via 3rd party apposing most cases, these platforms will request your phone’s IMEI number so that you can get started. Some good examples of these platforms include:
- Unlocking360.com unlock Motorola Phone app
- The Unlocky tool
- DoctorSIM Unlock Service (Motorola Unlocker)
As you purpose to choose a 3rd party app or platform, there is a need for you to set a budget for them as most of them charge the services they offer to their clients.
Information That You Need For Unlocking Moto G Play Phone
Before you kick start you’re Moto G Play, you will be required to gather the following details:
- Your personal details so as to establish that you are the primary owner of your device. Some of the details that you should submit here include; you’re Social Security Number, your address, your name in full, among other vital details.
- Your current account number, billing information and PIN.
- Your device’s MEID or IMEI number. In case you want to check this number of on your device, dial *#06# on your phone and then record the 15-digit number that you will see on your phone’s screen.
- In case you had purchased your device in monthly installments, you will be required to submit its pay-off information.
- Suppose you work in the military, you should ensure that you gather your overseas deployment papers. Such is always ideal if you want to unlock your Moto G Play before your contract comes to an end.
The Pros Of Unlocking Motorola Moto G Play Phone
Once you unlock your Motorola Moto G Play, here are the benefits that you are likely to enjoy:
- You have the freedom to switch carriers the way you please. As long as your device is compatible with your preferred carrier, be certain that you can now bring your own phone to that carrier and then get started.
- It allows you to remain connected inexpensively. This is usually the case if you have been subjected to a costly contract that end up hurting your overall communication budget.
- In case you want to travel from one country to another or from one region to another, you will enjoy a good network connectivity even if your carrier has a poor network coverage in those areas.
- You will have the opportunity to sell your phone at a slightly higher price than you would if your Moto G Play was locked. After all, the buyer will be free to use the phone with other carriers that operate in his or her state as far as the phone is compatible with them.
- Once you unlock your model, you will be able to get firmware upgrades faster than you would if your Moto G Play was locked.
Know The Unlocking Status For Unlocked Moto G Play Phone
One way to know that you have unlocked your Moto G Play is to insert another carrier’s SIM card in that phone and then establish if your device will be able connect to the new carrier’s network. In case your phone is able to connect to the new carrier’s network, your Moto G Play has been unlocked.
Secondly, if your model does not prompt you to enter any unlock code for you to use the services of the newly added SIM card’s carrier, be certain that you have successfully unlocked your Moto G Play.
Finally, check your phone’s settings and establish if it allows you to choose your preferred network. In case your device shows you several available networks within your region, then your model has been unlocked successfully.
Need Your Original SIM Card To Unlock Moto G Play Phone
Yes. You will need to have an original SIM card from your current carrier and also that of your new carrier so that you can unlock your Moto G Play successfully. The former will be used to contact your carrier’s support team. On the other hand, the latter will be inserted once you get an unlock code from your current carrier. If you key in the correct unlock code, your device will be unlocked and this allow you to enjoy your new carrier’s network and services.