Cricket Wireless offers a myriad of quality services that include high-quality devices, high speed data, mobile hotspot, nationwide 5G network coverage, unlimited talk, text and picture messages among others. Besides, Cricket wireless also prides itself on the best HD voice and WIFI calling services, which are our main agenda in this article.
Therefore, it’s true to say that cricket wireless allows WIFI calling. Are you anticipating to enroll for cricket WIFI calling? This is one of the best decisions to make. This is because Cricket WIFI calling allows you to enjoy several benefits, as discussed in this guide below. Please note that not all types and models of phones are built with cricket WIFI calling capabilities. Luckily, the company offers several models of phones that are compatible with WIFI calling to make things easier for you. To learn more about cricket WIFI calling, please continue reading this guide:
How Exactly Does Cricket WIFI Calling Work
Just as the name insinuates, Cricket WIFI calling is a feature integrated in your device to enable you make calls or texts over Cricket WIFI network instead of cellular network. To use cricket WIFI calling effectively, you just need to activate it in your device and it will automatically kick in when there is unreliable or unavailable cellular services. With Cricket however, they also allow your device to keep WIFI calling feature activated regardless of good cellular network availability. That way, the carrier manages to reduce network congestion which enhances better voice services.
Once you get connected, you will be able to make calls and get connected to your loved ones across the world. In fact, you will not notice any difference when making calls and texts through cricket WIFI calling. This is because it is as reliable as cellular network calling.
Activating Cricket WIFI Calling on Android & iPhone
The process of enabling Cricket WIFI calling is quite easy and straightforward. Although the process is not automated, cricket wireless has made is fairly easy. All you need to do connect your device to cricket WIFI network then follow the following steps to complete the process:
Enable WIFI calling on Android phone
- On your android phone, open the settings app
- Under settings, tap connections
- Select WIFI calling, read, understand and agree on the terms and conditions
- Provide the required emergency 911 address then verify your address.
- On the screen, a setup complete screen will appear. Tap done to complete the setup
- Your phone is now ready for WIFI calling.
Enable WIFI calling on iPhone
- On your iPhone’s home screen, tap settings
- Under settings, scroll down and select phone
- Select WIFI calling then tap toggle on
- Select enable then tap continue
- Read, understand and agree on the WIFI calling crucial information
- Verify your 911 emergency address the tap ok to complete the setup
List of Cricket WIFI Calling Capable Phones
To enjoy all the benefits of cricket WIFI calling, you definitely need a WIFI-enabled smartphone that has an activated WIFI network. Below is a list of the available WIFI calling enabled smartphones:
- TCL 30 z
- Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G
- Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G
- Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G
- Samsung Galaxy S10
- Samsung Galaxy S9
- Samsung Galaxy S8
- Samsung Galaxy S7
- Samsung Galaxy Sol3
- Samsung Galaxy J2 pure
- Samsung Galaxy amp prime 3
- Samsung Galaxy amp prime
- Samsung Galaxy A23 5G
- Samsung Galaxy A14 5G
- Samsung Galaxy A32
- Samsung Galaxy A12
- Samsung Galaxy A11
- Samsung Galaxy A10E
- Samsung Galaxy A6
- Samsung Galaxy A53 5G
- Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
- Samsung Galaxy A51 5G
- Samsung Galaxy A13
- Samsung Galaxy A03s
- Samsung Galaxy A02s
- Samsung Galaxy A01
- Nokia C5 Endi
- Nokia C2 Tava
- Nokia 3.1 C
- Motorola Moto G 5g
- Motorola Moto one 5G
- Motorola Moto g stylus 5G
- Motorola Moto one 5G
- Motorola Moto g pure
- Motorola Moto g stylus ( 2022)
- Motorola Moto g power ( 2022)
- Motorola Moto g7 supra
- Motorola Moto g6 Forge
- Motorola e5 supra
- Motorola e5 cruise
- LG Stylo 6
- LG Stylo 5
- LG Stylo 4
- LG X Charge
- LG K92 5G
- LG harmony 4
- LG harmony 3
- LG fortune 2
- LG fortune 2
- LG Escape 3
- Cricket innovate E 5G
- Cricket Icon 4
- Cricket vision plus
- Cricket dream 5G
- Cricket debut smart
- Cricket debut
- Cricket ovation 2
- Cricket ovation
- Apple iPhone 14 series
- IPhone 13 series
- IPhone 12 series
- IPhone 11 series
- IPhone SE
- Alcatel APPRISE
- Alcatel INSIGHT
- Alcatel ONYX
Common Reasons for WIFI Calling Not Working at Cricket Wireless
Although cricket WIFI calling is so quality and reliable, you are likely to experience some problems once in a while. This might happen if your device’s software is outdated or if your device is not compatible with cricket network among other reasons, as discussed below:
- Poor signal strength: Is your phone updated and compatible with cricket network but still experiencing problems with WIFI calling? This can be as a result of poor cricket network strength. Once in a while, you might be a victim of poor cricket signal strength, caused by factors like climate change and network block among others.
- Wrong settings: Is cricket signal strength perfect but still experiencing problems with your WIFI calling? This might be as a result of wrong APN settings. As you probably know, APN settings acts as a gateway to any provider’s network access. If you set the wrong APN settings in your device, you will therefore experience problems with your WIFI calling. To troubleshoot, search through the internet and find the correct APN settings of cricket wireless in 2023 and configure it in your device.
- Software bugs: You will also experience problems with cricket WIFI calling if your phone has software glitches or bugs as they disrupt your WIFI calling. To correct this, you should therefore flush out all the bugs by bringing your device’s network settings to default.
Enable Guideline: If Cricket WIFI Calling Not Working
Are you experiencing problems with your cricket WIFI calling? The good news is that there are a number of solutions through which you can correct the error. For instance, you can try restarting your device or making sure that there is sufficient cricket network signals within your proximity. Below are other effective solutions to correct cricket WIFI calling:
1. Configure APN settings
To correct cricket WIFI calling problems, you can start by configuring the correct APN settings in your device. As we have mentioned above, you should research and find out the correct APN settings for cricket wireless.
To configure cricket wireless APN settings, open your phone’s settings, open mobile data, open access point name then provide the correct APN settings for cricket wireless.
2. Activate your device’s airplane mode
You can also correct your cricket WIFI calling problems by activating and deactivating your device’s airplane mode. This helps to refresh your connection, correcting your WIFI calling problems. The good news is that the process of turning on and off your airplane mode is so easy and straightforward.
All you need to do is open your device’s settings and tap airplane mode to activate it. Wait for one minute and toggle off the mode. Afterwards, re-establish your connection and enjoy your WIFI calling.
3. Restore your device’s network settings to default
As we mentioned earlier, clogged software bugs and glitches can disrupt your cricket WIFI calling. To flush them out, you should therefore restore your device’s network setting to default. The good news is that the process of restoring your device’s network settings is very fast and simple. Here is the process to follow in both your android and iPhone:
- Android: On your android phone, open settings, followed by general then system management. After system management. After system management, tap reset then click reset network settings.
- iPhone: On your iPhone, open settings then tap general. Next, select transfer or reset IPhone, tap reset then choose reset network settings.
Benefits Of Cricket WIFI Calling
Several benefits are associated with cricket WIFI calling. As mentioned above, this feature enables you to remain connected with your loved ones worldwide. Other benefits of cricket WIFI calling are:
- Assures instant connection
- Assures better voice quality
- Improves your device’s battery life
- Requires no external setup thus easy and convenient
- Better network coverage
- To use cricket WIFI calling, you don’t need any app or any new number.
Frequently Ask Questions
Do I Need To Pay For Cricket WIFI Calling?
Not really. The good thing about cricket WIFI calling is that it you don’t need to pay extra cost to use the feature. This is because cricket wireless has included WIFI calling plan as a part of their rate plan.
Does cricket have a WIFI calling App?
You do not need a WIFI calling app to make WIFI calling on cricket devices. This is because WIFI calling feature is already available on these devices. All you need to do is ensure your phone is Wi-Fi enabled. Once you get a WIFI-enabled phone, all you need to do is follow the setup procedure discussed above in this guide, and your phone will automatically connect to WIFI calling.
Does WIFI calling use more battery?
Not really. In fact, WIFI calling is generated to improve your device’s battery life. Unlike cellular calls that drain your device’s battery, WIFI calling enhances the battery.
What are some of the common shortcomings of cricket WIFI calling?
Although WIFI calling is so reliable, the feature has some shortcomings. For instance, cricket WIFI calling is not allowed in some countries. In addition, you can’t use cricket WIFI calling to call certain numbers. Another cricket WIFI calling shortcoming is that the feature is not available in certain models of phones. Therefore, you must have a smartphone to access Cricket wireless WIFI calling.
Are there any cricket WIFI calling limitations?
Yes. There are technical limitations that hinders cricket WIFI calling from being used with TTY devices. In addition, cricket WIFI calling is limited and can’t make calls to numbers like 311, 511, 211 and 811.
How can TTY users make emergency phone calls using WIFI calling?
As we have stated above, there are some technical limitations that hinders Cricket WIFI calling on TTY devices. Therefore, TTY phone users can’t make emergency calls using WIFI calling. However, there are other alternative ways of contacting 911 emergency number rather than using WIFI calling. Here’s how:
- You can call 9111 using your TTY landline or cell phone
- You can send a message to 911 directly from your wireless device
- You can sue relay services to make IP CTA call through cellular data
Can I make international calls through cricket WIFI calling?
Yes, it’s possible to make international calls through cricket WIFI calling. To make Wi-Fi calling to numbers in America, the process if free. However, to make international long-distance calls using WIFI calling, you will be charged. In this case, your call rates will be deducted from your international long distance minutes.
I recently changed my location; how do I update my cricket WIFI calling address?
Did you recently change your location and wondering how to update your cricket WIFI calling address? The process is so easy. All you need to do is open your device’s settings menu, select WIFI calling and tap “change address”