Would you like to use your Samsung S21 with another carrier? Unlocking your device should top the list of your priorities. After all, most carriers usually lock their devices so as to hold or retain their customers that sign up with them. Although this might seem to be a good idea, sometimes, it can be very inconveniencing. For instance, if you current carrier is expensive, you can consider trying other relatively affordable carriers within your state. Therefore, it makes sense to unlock your Samsung S21. Additionally, unlocking your Samsung allows you to enjoy the network of other carriers in case you have travelled to another country or state. Thankfully, the process of unlocking your Samsung S21 is easy and straightforward. All you need to do is to acquire the Samsung S21 unlock code and you will be able to unlock your device free of charge. To learn more about how to unlock your Samsung S21 at no extra cost, read this article and you will enjoy the results.
Ways To Check Your Samsung S21 Is Locked or Not
Although it is the desire of most Samsung owners for their devices to be unlocked, not all phones can be unlocked. This is because different carriers have different eligibility requirements when it comes to the unlocking of their respective devices. For instance, if you are a Cricket customer and would like your Samsung model to be unlocked, you have to ensure that your device has been in use for at least 6 months of paid service.
Besides this, your phone number must not have been reported stolen lost or even suspended due to fraud. Other carriers such as Verizon will unlock your phone automatically after the lapse of the first 60 days from the date of purchase. In case you want to unlock your AT&T device, your phone must not have been reported to be stolen or lost.
On the other hand, T-Mobile needs its customers to wait for about 1 year for one to unlock his or her device. However, the Federal Communication Commission states that your prepaid carrier has to unlock your phone in case your phone has not been flagged to be stolen or lost.
Besides this, your account has to be fully paid or be in good standing. To learn more about whether your device is eligible to be unlocked, consider reaching out to your preferred carrier customer support team or visit your manufacturer’s site.
If you want to know whether your Samsung S21 is locked or unlocked, consider trying any of the following ideas:
1. Insert a SIM card from a different service provider
Insert the SIM card from another carrier. In case your Samsung phone is locked be sure that the following messages will pop up from your screen; ‘SIM Network Unlock PIN, ‘Network Locked’, ‘Enter Network Lock Control Key’.
Other times, you might see the ‘Emergency Calls Only’ message on your phone’s screen. However, if your Samsung phone is unlocked, it will connect to the SIM card’s carrier network with utmost precision. This means that you will be free to call your friends, text them and even browse the internet via mobile data using the new carrier’s network.
2. Use your phone’s dialer
In case you insert a SIM card from a different service provider and your Samsung phone does not prompt you to enter any Samsung SIM unlock code, consider opening your phone’s dialer and then key in the code #7465625*638*#.Once you key in this code, your device will display the following messages;
- [ ] SP lock
- [ ] Subset lock
- [ ] Network lock
In case all the 3 locks are off, chances are that your Samsung phone is unlocked. If the ‘Network lock’ is on, your Samsung phone is locked to a specific network. Supposing the ‘Subset lock’ is on, your Samsung phone is locked and needs an unlock code from your service provider. On the other hand, if the SP(Service Provider’ lock is on, your Samsung phone is locked to a certain network and need a code from your carrier so that you can unlock it.
Ways To Find Samsung S21 Unlock Code
If your Samsung S21 is locked, you will need to have an unlock code for you to unlock your device. To obtain Samsung S21 unlock code free of charge, you will be required to contact your service provider either via Live chat or contact them on phone.
Once you contact your carrier’s customer service team, let them know that you want to unlock your devices. In this case, they will provide an unlock code that will help you get started. However, this is subject to meeting certain requirements that are already stipulated by your carrier. More importantly, ensure that you have the following details before you unlock your device:
- Your PIN and current account number
- Your billing information
- Your personal details. These details will help establish that you are the primary owner of your account. Some of the details that you should have at hand include: your name in full, Social Security Number, address, among others.
- Your phone’s IMEI or MEID number. You can find this number by dialing *#06# on your phone. Better still, check your phone’s settings for more details.
- Your overseas deployment papers. Such is the case if you work in the military and would like to unlock your Samsung S21 before your contracts expires.
- Your phone’s pay-off information. This applies in case your model was bought via monthly payments.
Depending on your carrier, the following requirements might apply:
- Ensure that you own the phone for a period of 60 to 90 days
- Ensure that your device has been fully paid off.
- Your account has a good standing. This means that you do not have any pending bills with your carrier.
Steps To Unlock Samsung S21 Using Unlock Code For Free
Like we mentioned above, the process of unlocking your Samsung S21 phone is not difficult per seas long as you have the unlock code, you can now unlock your device from the comfort of your home, free of charge. Here are the steps that can help you get started.
- First and foremost, backup your data. By backing up your mobile data, you can be sure that no content or data will be lost once you unlock your device. The good news is that backing up your mobile data will only take a few minutes and you will be good to go.
- Besides this, ensure that you disable any other feature that might hinder you from unlocking your device.
- Thereafter, go to your phone’s app and then dial *#06# so that your phone’s IMEI can be displayed on its screen.
- Note down the IMEI number as you will require it during the unlock process.
- Besides the IMEI, ensure that you have your billing information, your personal details and any other vital detail that might help establish that you are the primary owner of your device.
- With the above-mentioned details at hand, you can now contact your carrier’s customer support team and then request for an unlock code.
- Your carrier’s customer support team might ask you a number of details in order to determine whether you are truly the original owner of your device. Submit all the requested details correctly. If you meet the much-needed eligibility requirements, your SIM unlock code will be sent to you via your email address within a period of 2-5 days.
- After receiving your unlock code from the carrier, you can now swap the old SIM card with a new one from a different service provider.
- Since your Samsung S21 is locked, it will prompt you to key in an unlock code so that your device can connect to the SIM card’s carrier network.
- Key in the unlock code that you were issued with by your carrier and you will be all set.
- Your device will be unlocked and can therefore be used on another carrier’s network.
Pros & Cons Unlocking Your Samsung S21 For Free Using Unlock Code
Unlocking your Samsung S21 can have some benefits and drawbacks. In the subsequent sections, we shall discuss the various pros and cons of unlocking your Samsung S21:
- First and foremost, unlocking your Samsung S21 allows you to enjoy the services of other carrier. As long as your device is compatible with preferred carrier, you will be able to enjoy the services of that carrier right away.
- You will not be tied to any contract or restrictions anytime you want to try the services of another carrier. This way, you will be able to swap from one carrier to another the way you please. Consequently, you will be able enjoy unparalleled convenience.
- Supposing you are travelling to a different country where your phone’s carrier does not have a good network coverage, you can consider unlocking your device so that you can connect to the network of the carriers that you will find in your host country. This goes a long way in enabling you to remain connected with your loved ones even when you are away from your country.
- You will not be subjected to monthly payments which might be very costly to say the least. To be on the safe side, there is a need for you to unlock your Samsung S21 so that you can keep these costs at bay. Once you unlock your device, you will be at liberty to choose a more affordable carrier and save more bucks.
- After you unlock your device, you will not have to grapple with manufacturer’s bloated apps. Such apps are usually pre-installed by the manufacturer, with the hope that the user will eventually utilize them on his device. Although some of these apps can be helpful, a good number of them end up filling up your phone’s storage for no just cause. Therefore, once you unlock your device, you can uninstall these apps and be able to enjoy more storage space.
- Once you unlock your device, you can be sure that you will get updates faster than you used to in the past. This is because a company such as Google releases a number of software updates from time to time and then, the manufacturer optimizes these updates for its devices and then hands them to the carrier that offered you the phone. The carrier optimizes these updates and then releases them to your device. While this process works well, it can take weeks or even months before you reap the benefits of a new software updates. To fasten the process, consider unlocking your phone as you will be able to get software update straight from the manufacturer.
Although unlocking your Samsung S21 can allow you to enjoy a number of benefits, it is not immune to certain challenges. Some of the drawbacks of this action include:
- You might not be able to get support from your preferred carrier. For instance, if your phone starts failing, your desired carrier might not be able to help you the way you would expect. As a result, you might have to deal with the problem on your own.
- Sometimes, your unlocked phone might not be compatible with your preferred carrier. Therefore, you have to perform some trials here and there so that you can establish if your device will work well with your choose service provider.
- In case your phone develops issues, you might have to contact your manufacturer. The process of making claims, shipping your device, having it fixed or even replaced, then sent back to you is tedious and can take some time. This is the reason why you should consider remaining loyal to your phone’s carrier as these issues can be solved promptly. For instance, if you live near a store where your phone’s carrier sells its devices, you can make a visit and address your issue from that end. Besides this, certain service providers offer insurance coverage via certain partners. Thankfully, these deals are good and can offer the much-needed coverage in case of perils such as theft, drops, malfunctions, loss and so much more.
- Supposing your phone was not paid in full, you need to clear it first before it can be unlocked. This can be costly for those users who might be operating on a budget.
Difference Between Locked And Unlocked Samsung S21 Phone
If you want to purchase a Samsung S21, chances are that you will come across a locked and/or an unlocked model. Although these models function almost the same way, there are certain differences between them. Some of the notable differences between a locked and unlocked Samsung S21 phone include:
1. Ability to use with other carriers
Locked Samsung S21 models can only be used with one carrier. This means that you cannot use them on other carriers’ network. You have to unlock such models first before you can enjoy that luxury.
On the other hand, unlocked Samsung S21 models can readily be used with other carriers. As long as your model is compatible with your desired carrier, you can bring it to that carrier’s network and get started.
2. Presence of pre-loaded carrier applications
If you purchase a locked Samsung S21 model, chances are that it come with a number of pre-loaded carrier applications. At some point, these apps can consume must of your internal storage space.
Therefore, you might need to expand it using a micro SDcard so that your phone can operate seamlessly. However, unlocked phones hardly come with these apps. This means that your unlocked Samsung S21 model might have more internal storage space than the locked model.
3. Availability of a SIM card from your carrier
A locked Samsung S21 will come with a SIM card from your carrier. All you need to do is to insert that SIM card in your phone and then activate it as per your carrier’s instructions. On the other hand, unlocked phones do not come with a SIM card. Here, you might have to purchase a SIM card separately and then activate it on your device.
4. Suitability for those who like travelling
Supposing you like travelling, chances are that you might experience network challenges if your phone’s carrier does not have a good network coverage in your host country. If your phone is locked, you might have to look for another model and a SIM card so that you can be connected with those whom you love.
However, if you have an unlocked Samsung S21, be certain that you can use it even when you are travelling. Since it can work with other carrier networks, you just need to purchase a local SIM card and then insert in your unlocked device. Thereafter, you will be able to remain connected with those whom you love.
Some carriers usually tie you to costly contracts that might end up making you broke. Such is usually the case if you purchase a locked phone from a certain carrier. To be on the safe side, consider purchasing an unlocked device so that you can avoid these costs. Here, you will not be tied to such contracts or restrictions. In addition, you will be free to try the different offers and deals of other carrier and get value for your hard-earned dollars.
Frequently Ask Questions
Can you get a Samsung S21 unlock code free of charge?
Yes. As we speak, it is possible for you to unlock your Samsung S21 using an unlock code free of charge. Here, you need to contact your carrier’s customer support team and request for an unlock code.
However, you need to ensure that you meet the unlock eligibility requirements of your carrier. In case you are in a contract, you might not be able to unlock your device as desired. Instead, you have to wait for the contract to expire for you to unlock your Samsung S21 free of charge.
Is it advisable to get a Samsung S21 unlock code from 3rd parties?
Not really. To start with, those 3rd parties that claim to unlock a locked Samsung S21 might disappoint you. This is because they might not unlock your device successfully. Besides this, you might have to part with more bucks as they are there to make money from the services they claim to offer.
To be on the safe side, consider contacting your carrier’s customer support team so that they can provide you with an unlock code. Here, you will get quality services and will not be needed to pay a dime for you get the unlock code. As long as you meet the unlock eligibility requirements stipulated by your carrier, you will be good to go.
Will I need to send my Samsung S21 away for it to be unlocked?
Not really. You just need to contact your carrier’s customer support team and then let them know that you want to unlock your device. If your account has a good standing and your device has not been reported to have been lost or stolen, you will be able to get an unlock code within 2 to 5 days. Thereafter, you will be able to unlock your Samsung S21 from the comfort of your home.
From allowing you to enjoy the deals of other carriers to allowing you to save more on costs, there are many benefits you can reap once you unlock your Samsung S21.However,you need to ensure that you meet the set unlock eligibility requirements of your carrier. This way, you will be able to get an unlock code free of charge, thereby allowing you to unlock your phone less expensively. However, unless you need to rely on the services of other carriers, there is no need to unlock your Samsung S21.Weigh the pros and cons of unlocking your Samsung S21 as discussed above and you will make an informed decision.