Lowering the cost of communication has been a priority for those Americans who earn a low income. One way to get started is to look for a carrier that offers free phones. When it comes to these carriers, Unity Wireless is not one of them. This is because it does not offer free phones. However, this carrier allows you to enjoy free phone services and also a free tablet, thanks to its ACP facility. To enjoy these benefits, you just need to apply for its ACP and you will be good to go. Since you are aware that Unity Wireless does not offer free phones, we shall take a closer look at the various free phone services it offers via ACP, alongside any other related idea.
Way to Get Unity Free Phone
Like we have mentioned in the introduction, this carrier does not offer free phones to eligible customers. Instead, it offers free phone services via its Affordable Connectivity Program. To put this into perspective, you will be able to enjoy free unlimited text, minutes of talk and mobile data. This unlimited service plan will always apply each and every month.
Additionally, you stand to get a discounted tablet so that you can be connected with your loved ones. However, you will be required to contribute as little as $10.01 in order to acquire this tablet. Since Unity Wireless benefits are valued up to $750 annually, be certain that you will not pay a dime in order to enjoy them. This goes a long way in reducing your overall cost of communication.
Qualifying Guideline For Getting Unity Free Phone
To qualify for Unity free phone services, you need to ensure that you meet the ACP requirements of this carrier. Here, you have to ensure that your income stands at or is below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines or are a participant of a government assistance program such as:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program(SNAP)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance(FPHA)
- Supplemental Security Income(SSI)
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- Tribal Head Start
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribally-Administered Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF)
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations(FDPIR)
- You are a beneficiary of a Federal Pell Grant in the current award year
- You are a participant of the Free and Reduced-Price School Breakfast Program or School Lunch Program, including at the U.S Department of Agriculture (USDA) Community Eligibility Provision schools.
Documents Needed To Apply For Unity Free Phone
During the application process, you need to ensure that you submit copies of your personal and eligibility documents so that your application can be approved by this carrier’s team. When it comes to personal documents, consider submitting a copy of an official document that shows your name in full, where you live, your date of birth, among other vital details. Here are the personal documents that you should submit during the application process:
- U.S driver’s license
- Birth certificate
- Permanent resident card or Green card
- Certificate of U.S citizenship or naturalization
- Government-issued, state, Tribal or military ID.
- Mortgage or lease statement
- Utility bill
- W-2 or tax return document
To prove that you are eligible for Unity free phone services, consider submitting a copy of a document that shows that you earn a low income or are a beneficiary of a government assistance program. If your income stands at or is below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, ensure that you submit a copy of these documents:
- Child Support award
- Divorce decree
- Current income statement from your employer
- Federal or Tribal notice letter of participation in General Assistance.
- Veterans Administration statement of benefits
Supposing you are a participant of a government assistance program such as Tribal Head Start, Medicaid, SNAP, SSI, or Section 8, ensure that you submit a copy of any of these documents:
- Benefit award letter
- Statement of benefits
- Benefit verification letter
- Approval letter
Unity Free Phone Application Process
If you want to apply for free phone services from Unity Wireless, consider following these steps:
- Get your computer ready and launch your preferred browser
- Visit “gounitywireless.com” and then click on the ‘Apply Now’ button.
- You will be redirected to a page where you will be required to key in your ZIP code and email address. Thereafter, click on the ‘Continue’ button so that you can start the actual application process.
- During the application process, you will be required to fill in your details and also attach copies of your personal and eligibility documents.
- Check and confirm that everything is right and then click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Once you submit your application form, this carrier’s team will review it and then respond to you within a few days.
- If you met its eligibility requirements, you will be able to receive your tablet within 7 to 10 days. When it comes to free phone services, be sure that you will start enjoying them from the beginning of your next month’s billing cycle.
Carriers That Offer Free Phone
Since Unity Wireless does not offer free phone, be certain that you will get a free model from any of these carriers:
- Assurance Wireless
- Qlink Wireless
- Life Wireless
- Safelink Wireless
- Cintex Wireless
- AirTalk Wireless
- NewPhone Wireless
- Easy Wireless
- StandUp Wireless
- FeelSafe Wireless
Alternative Ways of Getting a Free Phone
Since this carrier does not offer free phones, here are alternative ways that can enable you get a free or discounted phone:
- Look out for a carrier that allows you to get a free phone in case you switch to its network. Better still, check if you can find a carrier that allows you to get a free model once you add a new line or trade off your old device.
- Apply for Lifeline program or Lifeline +ACP combo program from other carriers. Some of the carriers that offer free phones via either of these programs include; AirTalk Wireless, Qlink Wireless, Assurance Wireless, Safelink Wireless, Cintex Wireless, among others.
- Participate in online giveaway contests. To be a participant in any of these contests, you need to be active on social media platform such as Facebook and Twitter. However, be keen not to be scammed by unscrupulous individuals.
- Work as a marketing agent for a company that sells mobile phones. As long as you have an influence on social media platforms such as Instagram and Twitter.
- Work as a phone reviewer for companies that sell different phone models. Whether the company sells iPhones or Samsung models, trust that you will be able to get a free phone.
- Write honest and good reviews on reputable online platforms such as Amazon. By doing so, Amazon can spot and entrust you to be reviewing their products such as mobile phones.
- Check if your nearest phone retailer has an offer at the end of the year or during holidays. The promotions that are offered during this period can allow you to get a phone almost free of charge.
- Visit online platforms such as the Facebook Marketplace or Craigslist and look out for a discounted or free phone.
What are unity free phone restrictions?
To start with, the benefits that you will get from this carrier’s ACP are non-transferable. Besides this, the ACP benefits can only be enjoyed by one person per household. You also need to recertify your eligibility annually. Finaly, you need to utilize your benefit at least once a month so that it can remain active.
Can I get a free tablet from unity wireless?
Yes. All you need to do is to apply for this carrier’s ACP facility and then contribute at least $10.01 towards the purchase of your desired tablet.
Is unity free phone completely free?
Well, this carrier does not offer free phones. Instead, it offers free or discounted tablets. Since you have to part with at least $10.01 towards the purchase of your tablet, this device is not free per se.
Does unity offer free phones in my state?
As we mentioned, this carrier does not offer free phones. However, it is available in states such as New York, Oregon, South Carolina, Florida, Delaware, Alabama, Kentucky, Maine, Illinois, Georgia, Ohio, Texas among others.
Can I bring my own phone to unity wireless?
Yes.You can now bring your own phone to Unity Wireless. However, your device of choice has to be unlocked and compatible with this carrier. To unlock your device, consider contacting your previous carrier for assistance. Thereafter, you can bring it to this carrier’s network and get started on its network.
Can I keep my own number?
Yes. You are at liberty to keep your own number and enjoy unmatched convenience. All you need to do is to contact this carrier’s customer support team and let them know that you want to keep your existing number. They will help you get started so that you can start using your number on this carrier’s network.